Great Devs!

I know this is a little off-topic for GW2 , but i have to say thank you to the devs who took time out of their lives to update a 13 year old game. I still play GW2 frequently , but to see devs and a company still care about something even when the money has dried up from that project/product is not only inspiring , but also tells a lot about them too. It kind of reminds me of blizzard i guess kind of still is,but mostly used to be. Just wanted to say incase any arenanet devs see this i will follow you with whatever game you make and at least give it a try because of stuff like that. Once again sorry for it being off topic for this forums , but i don't really post here and wasn't sure where else to put it .

It might help to put some context in your post. If I hadn't already heard that a couple of developers updated GW1's graphics and a few other things in their own time I'd have no idea what you're talking about.

But yes, it is great to see people at Anet still care about their first game and willing to do things like this, especially in their own time.

> @"Mass Pandemic.3517" said:

> i mean what other game besides this does arenanet really have though? I'm not being sarcastic i only know arenanet for guild wars 1 and 2 i was under the impression that guild wars was their only franchise if that isnt the case ill go back and edit the post to make it more clear if needed.

Just guild wars 1 and 2

> i mean what other game besides this does arenanet really have though? I'm not being sarcastic i only know arenanet for guild wars 1 and 2 i was under the impression that guild wars was their only franchise if that isnt the case ill go back and edit the post to make it more clear if needed.

That is the point. Someone new to the franchise might not know GW 1 and 2 are it. I was thinking the same thing as Danikat, it's just good writing to actually mention the thing you are talking about.

> It kind of reminds me of blizzard i guess.

The founders of ArenaNet (some who unfortunatly have moved on) were former Blizzard employees so aspects of Blizzard's company culture will have had some impact in shaping ArenaNet's standards.

Edit:Clarified 'some'.

> @"Syronus.7605" said:

> > @"Mass Pandemic.3517" said:

> > It kind of reminds me of blizzard i guess.

> The founders of ArenaNet (who unfortunatly have moved on) were former Blizzard employees so aspects of Blizzard's company culture will have had some impact in shaping ArenaNet's standards.

>

With the exception of Mike O'Brien, who is the only original founder of the 3 remaining.

> @"Syronus.7605" said:

> > It kind of reminds me of blizzard i guess.

> The founders of ArenaNet (who unfortunatly have moved on) were former Blizzard employees so aspects of Blizzard's company culture will have had some impact in shaping ArenaNet's standards.

>

This is actaully knew because ive been playing on battlenet since it came out and i know mike wrote alot of their networkingcode if not all of it, but yeah the game just amazes me i play eso alot (i dip into more mmos then i should) and this gw2 and eso have alot of similarities esepcially with their like world vs world pvp stuff but arena is just very generous with their content to get you playing which in turn makes me want to support them and give them money and eso tries to milk you dry with loot crates haha. I know im rambling but i just wanted to say how much i appreciated their way of treating their community and when i saw the update for the original guild wars its obvious they care or someone does.

• ArenaNet Staff

> I know this is a little off-topic for GW2 , but i have to say thank you to the devs who took time out of their lives to update a 13 year old game. I still play GW2 frequently , but to see devs and a company still care about something even when the money has dried up from that project/product is not only inspiring , but also tells a lot about them too. It kind of reminds me of blizzard i guess kind of still is,but mostly used to be. Just wanted to say incase any arenanet devs see this i will follow you with whatever game you make and at least give it a try because of stuff like that. Once again sorry for it being off topic for this forums , but i don't really post here and wasn't sure where else to put it .

That's really nice of you, Mass. I'll be sure that the devs who are actively involved in recent updates to Guild Wars (original) are aware of this nice thread.

That would be @"Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802" and @"BillFreist.1527" -- good guys to the core!

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > I know this is a little off-topic for GW2 , but i have to say thank you to the devs who took time out of their lives to update a 13 year old game. I still play GW2 frequently , but to see devs and a company still care about something even when the money has dried up from that project/product is not only inspiring , but also tells a lot about them too. It kind of reminds me of blizzard i guess kind of still is,but mostly used to be. Just wanted to say incase any arenanet devs see this i will follow you with whatever game you make and at least give it a try because of stuff like that. Once again sorry for it being off topic for this forums , but i don't really post here and wasn't sure where else to put it .

>

> That's really nice of you, Mass. I'll be sure that the devs who are actively involved in recent updates to Guild Wars (original) are aware of this nice thread.

>

> That would be @"Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802" and @"BillFreist.1527" -- good guys to the core!

To be honest they have to be if what i heard is true that they weren't told to or asked to update the game they did it out of passion which is just awesome and furthers my thinking that there isnt many game studios like you guys anymore which i hope you guys never loose and embrace that way of things where it makes sense of course a business is a business. Seems like a great place to work though with people like that , thanks again to all of you guys anyways for the support on GW2 the only game to ever take me away from WoW and without a doubt for me anyways the best MMO out right now .