What happened to Commanders?

Rimu.7105

> @"Stormscar.5489" said:

> Reading most comments in this thread is just another confirmation that 90%+ of the remaining population is just formed of absolute trash casuals who just want easy rewards. They must have thought they're coming to another Auric Basin or Palawadan where you can come on whatever build, require 0 organisation, 11111 for some time and get rewards. And somehow they don't understand why some players would like engaging their braincells when playing a video game.

You sound like an Aion player... btw skill 2 is more useful than 1, I don't need to use 1 as that is autoattack :tongue:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Rayya.2591" said:

> i do not understand this etheri guy, and why he hate rangers :(

>

He hates everyone that isn't taking what he dictates - seems to think he is the liege lord by attitude... let me guess, someone who thinks that WvW is pure PvP too where it is 90% PvE

> @"Ari.4672" said:

> > @"Rayya.2591" said:

> > i do not understand this etheri guy, and why he hate rangers :(

> >

>

> He hates everyone that isn't taking what he dictates - seems to think he is the liege lord by attitude... let me guess, someone who thinks that WvW is pure PvP too where it is 90% PvE

yes , he is on my server and kicked me from squad , just because i play ranger, and when i asked why he called me a noob :(

toxic pvp player

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Rayya.2591" said:

> >

>

> He's not the only one. You have to look at the Grand scheme of things and see what a ranger does/ doesn't bring to an organized group and in particular the player.

yes but i payed for this game, like you did , and i want to enjoy my bearbow in world vs world also

and my ranger can attack from 1500 range ...

One of the things I see is that Commanders are trying to fill rosters in order get the right comps going they dont like to run with weak comps and it seems that this can be difficult these days. I guess its do to players playing less, locked servers, and link switching server hopping. It could also be rl stuff comes up. There really needs to be something that attracts the new and old players. Seems like anet always focus on putting out the immediate fire without looking at the larger picture which is they do need some sort of carrot on a stick to bolster the wvw population and keep a team that is focused only on that one aspect. WvW can be an acquired taste for some folks and can be outright difficult for some particularly those that have trouble surviving in it. You see it all the time when players start yelling X class to strong or x player is hacking, not saying hacks dont exist or that there isnt balance issues.

> @"Ari.4672" said:

> > @"Rayya.2591" said:

> >

>

> He hates everyone that isn't taking what he dictates - seems to think he is the liege lord by attitude... let me guess, someone who thinks that WvW is pure PvP too where it is 90% PvE

LOL 90% PVE if all u do is cap empty camps and sentries towers and shit, most real commanders just want to squad up and fight other groups 90% of the time the only moment they will take to cap a camp or a tower is just waiting for the other group to come back, or trying to figure out where they moved and why. U clearly have no idea what WvW is all about run around all day long doing your own thing running from zergs and capping camps. That is a legit way to play the game yet 90% of the people who squad up play exclusively for PvP and fight another blob they have 0 interest in PVE, most of them dont even PVE at all in Gw2, they log in press B go to EBG, press M right click on the commander tag, join squad, join discord, kill mens, log out, rinse and repeat.

> @"Rayya.2591" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Rayya.2591" said:

> > > i do not understand this etheri guy, and why he hate rangers :(

> > >

> >

> > He's not the only one. You have to look at the Grand scheme of things and see what a ranger does/ doesn't bring to an organized group and in particular the player.

>

> yes but i payed for this game, like you did , and i want to enjoy my bearbow in world vs world also

> and my ranger can attack from 1500 range ...

>

Should try to min/max your ranger for AC and mortar fire suppression. Otherwise full on driver snipe.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > > The point i'm saying that if a daily is say, take a keep, why is there so much disdain if someone offers another pair of hands so to speak?

> >

> > People aren't playing for keeps. I mean dailies. Yes, pun intended.

> >

> > Dailies often don't have any connection to what is or isn't strategic for the time someone is logged into a match. For example, if all keeps are T3, that's often a three hour grind to take and a guild rallied for 2 hours maybe isn't looking to spend their playtime doing that.

> >

> > Besides, you really only need three dailies for the AP. There are others to choose from and with the time you spend trying to take a T3 keep, you could've made up that WXP by killing grub and doing some other things. You really want to spend three hours for a single daily?

> >

> >

>

> It was just an example. geez.

> But I get it, no one with a tag wants to help any one but themselves .

> Over and out.

>

So you're not here to actually discuss the issue you brought up? Good to know.

"Dailies often don't have any connection to what is or isn't strategic for the time someone is logged into a match."

> @"Rayya.2591" said:

yes but i payed for this game, like you did , and i want to enjoy my bearbow in world vs world also

> and my ranger can attack from 1500 range ...

You also die at 1500 range. Bearbow has it's place. Just not in a large group fight generally speaking. Sometimes exceptions can be made if the commander uses a pick squad, but most do not. Group sustain is fairly tight in current meta. The tighter you run, the better the sustain. Rangers, in general do not have the capability to move in and out of range of sustain and instead just die out of position. I've never kicked a ranger from squad unless they are running off tag (because why be in squad if you aren't even going to follow), however they do not bring anything to the comp outside of pick so remain in pick parties. When squads become full, pick is the first kicked. Why? Because you aren't comped and there is no reason you should be taking up a spot a comp-able class can take up. People on pick classes usually have to earn their right to be in the squad. Proving that they are capable and don't need babysitting. Why? Because every time the squad has to turn around and rez. Every time the squad has to sit and wait for you to run back to tag. Is time the squad could be spent doing something else. Such as actually engaging the enemy or taking an objective. WvW is frequently a team sport. You do what's best for your team. You want to bearbow, know how the class plays and what it's good for. Roaming. Go roam. Take what you can and defend what you can for as long as you can on your own or in small group. You want to play with the large force and against the larger force, bring something to do the group that benefits that playstyle.

> @"radiantbliss.6875" said:

> > @"Rayya.2591" said:

> yes but i payed for this game, like you did , and i want to enjoy my bearbow in world vs world also

> > and my ranger can attack from 1500 range ...

>

> You also die at 1500 range. Bearbow has it's place. Just not in a large group fight generally speaking. Sometimes exceptions can be made if the commander uses a pick squad, but most do not. Group sustain is fairly tight in current meta. The tighter you run, the better the sustain. Rangers, in general do not have the capability to move in and out of range of sustain and instead just die out of position. I've never kicked a ranger from squad unless they are running off tag (because why be in squad if you aren't even going to follow), however they do not bring anything to the comp outside of pick so remain in pick parties. When squads become full, pick is the first kicked. Why? Because you aren't comped and there is no reason you should be taking up a spot a comp-able class can take up. People on pick classes usually have to earn their right to be in the squad. Proving that they are capable and don't need babysitting. Why? Because every time the squad has to turn around and rez. Every time the squad has to sit and wait for you to run back to tag. Is time the squad could be spent doing something else. Such as actually engaging the enemy or taking an objective. WvW is frequently a team sport. You do what's best for your team. You want to bearbow, know how the class plays and what it's good for. Roaming. Go roam. Take what you can and defend what you can for as long as you can on your own or in small group. You want to play with the large force and against the larger force, bring something to do the group that benefits that playstyle.

but i just want achivements and gift of wvw

> @"Rayya.2591" said:

> > @"radiantbliss.6875" said:

> > yes but i payed for this game, like you did , and i want to enjoy my bearbow in world vs world also

> > > and my ranger can attack from 1500 range ...

> >

> > You also die at 1500 range. Bearbow has it's place. Just not in a large group fight generally speaking. Sometimes exceptions can be made if the commander uses a pick squad, but most do not. Group sustain is fairly tight in current meta. The tighter you run, the better the sustain. Rangers, in general do not have the capability to move in and out of range of sustain and instead just die out of position. I've never kicked a ranger from squad unless they are running off tag (because why be in squad if you aren't even going to follow), however they do not bring anything to the comp outside of pick so remain in pick parties. When squads become full, pick is the first kicked. Why? Because you aren't comped and there is no reason you should be taking up a spot a comp-able class can take up. People on pick classes usually have to earn their right to be in the squad. Proving that they are capable and don't need babysitting. Why? Because every time the squad has to turn around and rez. Every time the squad has to sit and wait for you to run back to tag. Is time the squad could be spent doing something else. Such as actually engaging the enemy or taking an objective. WvW is frequently a team sport. You do what's best for your team. You want to bearbow, know how the class plays and what it's good for. Roaming. Go roam. Take what you can and defend what you can for as long as you can on your own or in small group. You want to play with the large force and against the larger force, bring something to do the group that benefits that playstyle.

>

> but i just want achivements and gift of wvw

There's nothing stopping you from getting those on some other preferable class. Refusing to change and expect others to change to fit your needs is just as bad

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"Ari.4672" said:

> > > i do not understand this etheri guy, and why he hate rangers :(

> > >

> >

> > He hates everyone that isn't taking what he dictates - seems to think he is the liege lord by attitude... let me guess, someone who thinks that WvW is pure PvP too where it is 90% PvE

>

> LOL 90% PVE if all u do is cap empty camps and sentries towers and kitten, most real commanders just want to squad up and fight other groups 90% of the time the only moment they will take to cap a camp or a tower is just waiting for the other group to come back, or trying to figure out where they moved and why. U clearly have no idea what WvW is all about run around all day long doing your own thing running from zergs and capping camps. That is a legit way to play the game yet 90% of the people who squad up play exclusively for PvP and fight another blob they have 0 interest in PVE, most of them dont even PVE at all in Gw2, they log in press B go to EBG, press M right click on the commander tag, join squad, join discord, kill mens, log out, rinse and repeat.

REALLY? No idea what WvW you play but it aint on the maps I see.... PvP in massive groups is just hiding behind others - cowards play for people who think they are big lol

This is quite funny. Most comms on my server do dailies then leave. Some mainly in the evening do guild missions. One comm just takes Hills all the time. I followed them a few times, they did the daily. They even did 'land claimer' and capped a monument.

A few actually just have fun.

You actually wonder why Comms get abuse? really?

Grow a back bone.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> This is quite funny. Most comms on my server do dailies then leave. Some mainly in the evening do guild missions. One comm just takes Hills all the time. I followed them a few times, they did the daily. They even did 'land claimer' and capped a monument.

> A few actually just have fun.

> You actually wonder why Comms get abuse? really?

> Grow a back bone.

So now we know where all the commanders went! Go to this guy's server!

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > This is quite funny. Most comms on my server do dailies then leave. Some mainly in the evening do guild missions. One comm just takes Hills all the time. I followed them a few times, they did the daily. They even did 'land claimer' and capped a monument.

> > A few actually just have fun.

> > You actually wonder why Comms get abuse? really?

> > Grow a back bone.

>

> So now we know where all the commanders went! Go to this guy's server!

please don't. not that I would tell you my server any how boi.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > > This is quite funny. Most comms on my server do dailies then leave. Some mainly in the evening do guild missions. One comm just takes Hills all the time. I followed them a few times, they did the daily. They even did 'land claimer' and capped a monument.

> > > A few actually just have fun.

> > > You actually wonder why Comms get abuse? really?

> > > Grow a back bone.

> >

> > So now we know where all the commanders went! Go to this guy's server!

>

> please don't. not that I would tell you my server any how boi.

Quit hogging all the commanders then.

> @"funassistant.6589" said:

> Commanders in WvW (the good ones that is) belong to GUILDS

>

> GUILDS don't play anymore

> there you go

> answered

> gib rated team deathmatch 15v15s

> game will be good again

> lets go champs

>

Ktraining will out last 15v15s. whos the champ now?

> @"Stormscar.5489" said:

> And somehow they don't understand why some players would like engaging their braincells when playing a video game.

Irony...

Blobbing even if you are tryharding is still laughably brainless as far as PvP goes, which is the basic issue some can't seem to grasp in this (and many other threads), what sort of players do you think an activity like zerging that is competitively a joke, rather brainless and relatively low skilled going to attract, those casuals are actually what zerging about in WvW is best suited for.

Those who treat zerging as "serious business" are a tragic joke, desperately trying bang a square peg into a round hole as they cling to a game mode that is a feeble shadow of what it once was. One of the reasons why things were different when WvW was alive, was that back then people (other than PPT heroes) didn't take zerging seriously, you did your tryharding on guild raids, not when you were zerging after the raid had finished.

People still playing WvW banging on about skilled, competitive play aren't fooling anyone, no one genuinely concerned about those things is still zerging about in WvW (or even playing it), the Anet guy was right WvW'ers = PvE players.