What's happened to Maguuma?

misterman.1530

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> I find it strange that Mag players historically completely ignore everything but SMC and their home garri and then pop on forums talking about how they want fights.

> Then they complain that the people who took their towers/camps were "PPT" or Ktraining.

> The fights are there. Mag players have historically actively avoided them and then pointed to the KDR as if they should have won.

>

> You want fights? Go stop someone from taking Hills on your Home BL instead of avoiding battle.

Not gonna get a fight out of that.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I find it strange that Mag players historically completely ignore everything but SMC and their home garri and then pop on forums talking about how they want fights.

> Then they complain that the people who took their towers/camps were "PPT" or Ktraining.

> The fights are there. Mag players have historically actively avoided them and then pointed to the KDR as if they should have won.

>

> You want fights? Go stop someone from taking Hills on your Home BL instead of avoiding battle.

Any map with a significant Mag population is guaranteed to become the one with no opponents.

So why not at least rub SMC in all your faces?

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > I find it strange that Mag players historically completely ignore everything but SMC and their home garri and then pop on forums talking about how they want fights.

> > Then they complain that the people who took their towers/camps were "PPT" or Ktraining.

> > The fights are there. Mag players have historically actively avoided them and then pointed to the KDR as if they should have won.

> >

> > You want fights? Go stop someone from taking Hills on your Home BL instead of avoiding battle.

>

> Any map with a significant Mag population is guaranteed to become the one with no opponents.

> So why not at least rub SMC in all your faces?

>

Enjoy t4

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > I find it strange that Mag players historically completely ignore everything but SMC and their home garri and then pop on forums talking about how they want fights.

> > > Then they complain that the people who took their towers/camps were "PPT" or Ktraining.

> > > The fights are there. Mag players have historically actively avoided them and then pointed to the KDR as if they should have won.

> > >

> > > You want fights? Go stop someone from taking Hills on your Home BL instead of avoiding battle.

> >

> > Any map with a significant Mag population is guaranteed to become the one with no opponents.

> > So why not at least rub SMC in all your faces?

> >

>

> Enjoy t4

Doesn't matter.

That's the joke

It all just comes down to offhours coverage. Tactics don't matter, strategy doesn't matter if you don't have offhours coverage. Lots of NA coverage doesn't really matter at all because everyone t2 or higher has at least enough NA to stall through NA and even if they somehow manage to fail at that they just take their stuff back in OCX/SEA and upgrade everything again so nothing accomplished during NA has any effect on the actual outcome of the match. If Mag had massive OCX/SEA the NA players could take entire weeks off and Mag would still probably be a t2+ server.

Whether you defend home bl or don't on Mag doesn't matter, you're gonna lose everything once you go to bed. Whether you try to flip t3s during NA or not doesn't matter, if you're successful they're just gonna rebuild them when you're sleeping and reset all your stuff. Makes no difference how many hours you play or how many tedious t3 long sieges you endure. All that matters is that Mag doesn't have enough OCX/SEA to compete in t3 or above. That's all that has to be said.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> It seems like Mag kinda stops showing up after Monday as well. This week SBI is out in force, but Mag has been hit and miss off of EB. The weekend was amazing, but yesterday it was slooooow.

SBI? we arent even in the same tier. none of the mag guilds raid on the weekend. KEK, WaR and TBT raided last night

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > It seems like Mag kinda stops showing up after Monday as well. This week SBI is out in force, but Mag has been hit and miss off of EB. The weekend was amazing, but yesterday it was slooooow.

>

> Mag playing on alts on sbi/kain!

Total Warhammer here o/

Gotta build up some bloodlust blueballs in anticipation of a certain beta in 3 weeks.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > Again, this is like complaining that in spvp people are sitting on points and trying to hold them to win the game, rather than fighting off points for no reason other than to kill another player.

> > >

> > > But in either case in PvP you're still fighting other players whereas in WvW it's possible to avoid fighting other players entirely.

> > >

> > > > And if Maguuma REALLY cared about that, the pugs would actually leave EBG where you get plenty of open field fights.

> > >

> > > Very rarely on NA in my experience. Usually you get one or two fights when you port in and hit something and if you win those the enemy just retreats behind a t3 objective and that's pretty much it.

> >

> > I have no idea who you are fighting, but for NA EST guilds on FA find plenty of fights outside of EBG. Some nights are better than others, but you guys act like outside of EBG, the only fights are behind T3 structures, which is just not true.

>

> Well yeah who wouldn't want to fight FA? You guys are free bags look at the numbers. You've managed to die twice as much as BG this week to get only slightly more total kills despite having the most activity in every timezone of any paired server in the game right now. Quite a feat.

>

> >And here's a tip, go to other BLs outside of EBG and make sure those structures don't reach T3, crazy concept, but it does work.

>

> I don't have any control over structures being t3 when I log in. That's a coverage issue.

>

>

It's easy for BG and Mag to keep a high KDR when all either of you do is always drag the fights to your structures, or wait to heavily outnumber the other servers. Cookie has been tagged quite a lot this week, and he rolls any of the groups that try to fight him, I won't deny that. Either way, enjoy T3-T4 until you can get a server to carry your mediocre players up to T2.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > Again, this is like complaining that in spvp people are sitting on points and trying to hold them to win the game, rather than fighting off points for no reason other than to kill another player.

> > > >

> > > > But in either case in PvP you're still fighting other players whereas in WvW it's possible to avoid fighting other players entirely.

> > > >

> > > > > And if Maguuma REALLY cared about that, the pugs would actually leave EBG where you get plenty of open field fights.

> > > >

> > > > Very rarely on NA in my experience. Usually you get one or two fights when you port in and hit something and if you win those the enemy just retreats behind a t3 objective and that's pretty much it.

> > >

> > > I have no idea who you are fighting, but for NA EST guilds on FA find plenty of fights outside of EBG. Some nights are better than others, but you guys act like outside of EBG, the only fights are behind T3 structures, which is just not true.

> >

> > Well yeah who wouldn't want to fight FA? You guys are free bags look at the numbers. You've managed to die twice as much as BG this week to get only slightly more total kills despite having the most activity in every timezone of any paired server in the game right now. Quite a feat.

> >

> > >And here's a tip, go to other BLs outside of EBG and make sure those structures don't reach T3, crazy concept, but it does work.

> >

> > I don't have any control over structures being t3 when I log in. That's a coverage issue.

> >

> >

>

> It's easy for BG and Mag to keep a high KDR when all either of you do is always drag the fights to your structures, or wait to heavily outnumber the other servers. Cookie has been tagged quite a lot this week, and he rolls any of the groups that try to fight him, I won't deny that. Either way, enjoy T3-T4 until you can get a server to carry your mediocre players up to T2.

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > Again, this is like complaining that in spvp people are sitting on points and trying to hold them to win the game, rather than fighting off points for no reason other than to kill another player.

> > > >

> > > > But in either case in PvP you're still fighting other players whereas in WvW it's possible to avoid fighting other players entirely.

> > > >

> > > > > And if Maguuma REALLY cared about that, the pugs would actually leave EBG where you get plenty of open field fights.

> > > >

> > > > Very rarely on NA in my experience. Usually you get one or two fights when you port in and hit something and if you win those the enemy just retreats behind a t3 objective and that's pretty much it.

> > >

> > > I have no idea who you are fighting, but for NA EST guilds on FA find plenty of fights outside of EBG. Some nights are better than others, but you guys act like outside of EBG, the only fights are behind T3 structures, which is just not true.

> >

> > Well yeah who wouldn't want to fight FA? You guys are free bags look at the numbers. You've managed to die twice as much as BG this week to get only slightly more total kills despite having the most activity in every timezone of any paired server in the game right now. Quite a feat.

> >

> > >And here's a tip, go to other BLs outside of EBG and make sure those structures don't reach T3, crazy concept, but it does work.

> >

> > I don't have any control over structures being t3 when I log in. That's a coverage issue.

> >

> >

>

> It's easy for BG and Mag to keep a high KDR when all either of you do is always drag the fights to your structures, or wait to heavily outnumber the other servers. Cookie has been tagged quite a lot this week, and he rolls any of the groups that try to fight him, I won't deny that. Either way, enjoy T3-T4 until you can get a server to carry your mediocre players up to T2.

Mag farms players and KDR by luring players to SMC, while they have always people using siege and outnumbering the target with blackup from SMC siege.

I'am not in Mag, but they are just leeching cleverly on how to keep ppk rate high, and those who fall on their "lame yet valid" tricks are in a way the ones to be blammed, cause the game allows and it is ment for gimmick/lame tactics, also every server does that in a way or another, still BG and Mag are the servers that use most time this tactic, by really alot, but they do this when they have more players than targets.

Theres actually 1 commander from BG that i loved to fight he knew when to push or bail or even wont engage, is that the guy ur talking about?

Since i can't edit my posts, tks Anet :).... I need to double post of shame lol.

The previous comment is not bashing BG nor Mag nor talkign about a match up thread, but about a behavior on WvW due how Lame this game has becomed, and as result servers like Mag become empty ghost towns since what they like to do has not become viable if they dont have players to fight for the only thing that they do wich is SMC for the ppk farm.

**Mag players abuse alot on this cause WvW and the game wont offer a better experience.**

And Anet dont care much about that, since this game is only for pve players and quagan lovers.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > Again, this is like complaining that in spvp people are sitting on points and trying to hold them to win the game, rather than fighting off points for no reason other than to kill another player.

> > > > >

> > > > > But in either case in PvP you're still fighting other players whereas in WvW it's possible to avoid fighting other players entirely.

> > > > >

> > > > > > And if Maguuma REALLY cared about that, the pugs would actually leave EBG where you get plenty of open field fights.

> > > > >

> > > > > Very rarely on NA in my experience. Usually you get one or two fights when you port in and hit something and if you win those the enemy just retreats behind a t3 objective and that's pretty much it.

> > > >

> > > > I have no idea who you are fighting, but for NA EST guilds on FA find plenty of fights outside of EBG. Some nights are better than others, but you guys act like outside of EBG, the only fights are behind T3 structures, which is just not true.

> > >

> > > Well yeah who wouldn't want to fight FA? You guys are free bags look at the numbers. You've managed to die twice as much as BG this week to get only slightly more total kills despite having the most activity in every timezone of any paired server in the game right now. Quite a feat.

> > >

> > > >And here's a tip, go to other BLs outside of EBG and make sure those structures don't reach T3, crazy concept, but it does work.

> > >

> > > I don't have any control over structures being t3 when I log in. That's a coverage issue.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's easy for BG and Mag to keep a high KDR when all either of you do is always drag the fights to your structures, or wait to heavily outnumber the other servers. Cookie has been tagged quite a lot this week, and he rolls any of the groups that try to fight him, I won't deny that. Either way, enjoy T3-T4 until you can get a server to carry your mediocre players up to T2.

>

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > Again, this is like complaining that in spvp people are sitting on points and trying to hold them to win the game, rather than fighting off points for no reason other than to kill another player.

> > > > >

> > > > > But in either case in PvP you're still fighting other players whereas in WvW it's possible to avoid fighting other players entirely.

> > > > >

> > > > > > And if Maguuma REALLY cared about that, the pugs would actually leave EBG where you get plenty of open field fights.

> > > > >

> > > > > Very rarely on NA in my experience. Usually you get one or two fights when you port in and hit something and if you win those the enemy just retreats behind a t3 objective and that's pretty much it.

> > > >

> > > > I have no idea who you are fighting, but for NA EST guilds on FA find plenty of fights outside of EBG. Some nights are better than others, but you guys act like outside of EBG, the only fights are behind T3 structures, which is just not true.

> > >

> > > Well yeah who wouldn't want to fight FA? You guys are free bags look at the numbers. You've managed to die twice as much as BG this week to get only slightly more total kills despite having the most activity in every timezone of any paired server in the game right now. Quite a feat.

> > >

> > > >And here's a tip, go to other BLs outside of EBG and make sure those structures don't reach T3, crazy concept, but it does work.

> > >

> > > I don't have any control over structures being t3 when I log in. That's a coverage issue.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's easy for BG and Mag to keep a high KDR when all either of you do is always drag the fights to your structures, or wait to heavily outnumber the other servers. Cookie has been tagged quite a lot this week, and he rolls any of the groups that try to fight him, I won't deny that. Either way, enjoy T3-T4 until you can get a server to carry your mediocre players up to T2.

>

> Mag farms players and KDR by luring players to SMC, while they have always people using siege and outnumbering the target with blackup from SMC siege.

> I'am not in Mag, but they are just leeching cleverly on how to keep ppk rate high, and those who fall on their "lame yet valid" tricks are in a way the ones to be blammed, cause the game allows and it is ment for gimmick/lame tactics, also every server does that in a way or another, still BG and Mag are the servers that use most time this tactic, by really alot, but they do this when they have more players than targets.

>

> Theres actually 1 commander from BG that i loved to fight he knew when to push or bail or even wont engage, is that the guy ur talking about?

>

Probably. He generally doesn't rep a guild, but when he does it's AHMA. He has been a commander on BG for quite some time, and his positioning and engagements are really good.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> It's weird how the borders of SMC tend to expand outwards all the way to spawn under certain conditions

>

>

Isn't it, though? A properly motivated Mag is a sight to behold. This week is a completely unmotivated Mag. It's almost like the no downstate week was Thanksgiving dinner, and now we're in the turkey-induced hibernation. :yum:

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> It's weird how the borders of SMC tend to expand outwards all the way to spawn under certain conditions

>

>

It's almost as if when you guys can't get a big group even in EBG this week you can't hold SMC at all, but when you have a queue for EBG then you have a T3 SMC and push other servers keeps. It's almost like when you guys have a bigger blob you control more territory, weird concept huh?

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > It's weird how the borders of SMC tend to expand outwards all the way to spawn under certain conditions

> >

> >

>

> It's almost like when you guys have a bigger blob you control more territory, weird concept huh?

No server doesn't queue EB during prime

Barring of course the week they're fighting Mag.

> @"Aiga.3075" said:

> > @"neven.3785" said:

> > The only thing that mag has going for it is their carebear free team chat. Everywhere else is as PC as a Facebook mom's group

>

> You haven't seen FA team chat then.

>

>

I have two accounts on FA and one on Mag. I keep that mag account _precisely for_ the team chat. Its too good to pass up.

~ Kovu

Lol ok enjoy getting farmed by Cookie.