What's happened to Maguuma?

misterman.1530

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > It's weird how the borders of SMC tend to expand outwards all the way to spawn under certain conditions

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's almost like when you guys have a bigger blob you control more territory, weird concept huh?

>

> No server doesn't queue EB during prime

> Barring of course the week they're fighting Mag.

>

Wait, are you saying that you don't fight against map queues in EBG? Despite the fact that every other thread Maguuma claims they constantly fight outnumbered in EBG?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> Mag farms players and KDR by luring players to SMC, while they have always people using siege and outnumbering the target with blackup from SMC siege.

> I'am not in Mag, but they are just leeching cleverly on how to keep ppk rate high, and those who fall on their "lame yet valid" tricks are in a way the ones to be blammed, cause the game allows and it is ment for gimmick/lame tactics, also every server does that in a way or another, still BG and Mag are the servers that use most time this tactic, by really alot, but they do this when they have more players than targets.

Ah this old canard.

So what are these poor stupid people being lured into SMC with?

I love how the people speaking for maguuma are the bandwagoners that have no idea how it was on maguuma. These die hard ebg people are the issue with maguuma and not who we were. "The cloud" is the issue. I have no idea how they sit in ebg all day and farm the same spot, then call themselves "fighters" and brag about KDR. It's really boring and not how the game was meant to be played.

The commanders left on mag gave up because you can't get people off ebg to do anything and who wants to wait 30 minutes to an hour in que to play? Yes, you can go play on the BLs but because no one will leave ebg to anything everything is T3 and sieged to hell. Fighting under all that siege fire + a que blob is not fun.

The guilds left on mag are tired of what maguuma has become and have either left the game, run tagless or rarely play.

Solution: delete ebg or make 3 ebg maps.

Wait, guilds didn't tell people to get off them, get off the bl, get off the server, then got left with no ppters and basically forced people into ebg?

Wait, the guilds left mag because people they didn't want following them, wouldn't follow them?

Wait, are you saying before ebg bandwagoners that mag use to go to borderlands and ppt?

Wait, guilds are now tired of not being carried to t2 by no ppters?

Wait, it's the fault of the ebg players that ppters t3 structures in low coverage times?

Wait, it's the ebgers fault that the enemy uses siege?

Solution: You sound like you want to ppt, get back to ppting then.

> @"JordanPaul.1439" said:

> The guilds left on mag are tired of what maguuma has become and have either left the game, run tagless or rarely play.

>

> Solution: delete ebg or make 3 ebg maps.

the guilds run tagless so they dont have 20 pugs following them. not every guild likes to run 50 man squads

They kind of did it to themselves. It has the best fight guilds (besides AR) but none of them will PPT. It has the best pugs but none of them PPT. They own EB during the day but lose everything during the night because, again, nobody will PPT.

Then they lose and end up in lower activity "boring" tiers.

It doesnt help that their EB is like 24/7 stacked which results in a TON of play hours which means full/locked server.

I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

>

> I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

>

Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> >

> > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> >

>

> Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

>

There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > >

> > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > >

> >

> > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> >

>

> There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

>

> That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

:smirk:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > >

> > > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> > >

> >

> > There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

> >

> > That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

>

> Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

>

> I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

>

> :smirk:

Now that BG has been culled a bit and are losing fairweathers/"hibergating" the tiers are becoming a lot more balanced. Mag might get a relink and then their PPT would increase and they'll shoot back to T2. Kind of a non issue anywho.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> > > >

> > >

> > > There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

> > >

> > > That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

> >

> > Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

> >

> > I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

> >

> > :smirk:

>

> Now that BG has been culled a bit and are losing fairweathers/"hibergating" the tiers are becoming a lot more balanced. Mag might get a relink and then their PPT would increase and they'll shoot back to T2. Kind of a non issue anywho.

You do realize KnT left BG over 2 months ago and was the last major guild to leave?

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

> > > >

> > > > That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

> > >

> > > Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

> > >

> > > I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

> > >

> > > :smirk:

> >

> > Now that BG has been culled a bit and are losing fairweathers/"hibergating" the tiers are becoming a lot more balanced. Mag might get a relink and then their PPT would increase and they'll shoot back to T2. Kind of a non issue anywho.

>

> You do realize KnT left BG over 2 months ago and was the last major guild to leave?

>

I do, and I also realize their activity is falling. Not sure what you're getting at. FA is likely to head up to T1 next week.

SoS is already imploding a bit and are losing guilds (WiPE went to Kaineng a few days ago) and word on the street is DOC is looking to move.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

> > > >

> > > > Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

> > > >

> > > > I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

> > > >

> > > > :smirk:

> > >

> > > Now that BG has been culled a bit and are losing fairweathers/"hibergating" the tiers are becoming a lot more balanced. Mag might get a relink and then their PPT would increase and they'll shoot back to T2. Kind of a non issue anywho.

> >

> > You do realize KnT left BG over 2 months ago and was the last major guild to leave?

> >

>

> I do, and I also realize their activity is falling. Not sure what you're getting at. FA is likely to head up to T1 next week.

BG was 'culled' months ago. This is only new because someone else cared about winning.

And those same people that swear that T1 had no fights want back in. It's quite ironic actually.

Those that have been in T1 for a while are actually happy someone got a spine.

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

> > > > >

> > > > > Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

> > > > >

> > > > > :smirk:

> > > >

> > > > Now that BG has been culled a bit and are losing fairweathers/"hibergating" the tiers are becoming a lot more balanced. Mag might get a relink and then their PPT would increase and they'll shoot back to T2. Kind of a non issue anywho.

> > >

> > > You do realize KnT left BG over 2 months ago and was the last major guild to leave?

> > >

> >

> > I do, and I also realize their activity is falling. Not sure what you're getting at. FA is likely to head up to T1 next week.

>

> BG was 'culled' months ago. This is only new because someone else cared about winning.

>

> And those same people that swear that T1 had no fights want back in. It's quite ironic actually.

>

> Those that have been in T1 for a while are actually happy someone got a spine.

>

>

I don't think spine has changed at all lol. SoS still havocs red and ppts, JQ still open field blobs. The only difference is KN to the equation. One alliance can save the tier, go figure!

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > >

> > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > >

> >

> > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> >

>

> There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

>

> That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

Cookies is the only tag worth fighting. after that is mag cloud. all the other guilds listed will bandwagon in the name of "fights"

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I know a lot of people from Mag are playing alt accounts on JQ/Kaineng/FA and that's because they can get active primetime fights there, which again, results in less "winning" and PPT on their home server.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Makes sense except: who are they getting fights against?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are a lot of guilds in T1/T2, not sure what you mean. Just the 6 servers have SF, CALM, FLUX, NG, DOC, OnS, TW, KnT, BAN, eN, KRTA, HATE, FATE, AoEs, ODA, DIE, BOMB, REKT, TAG, rQm, KiS, KnM and Cookie. This is not including YB who should be in T2 right now if not for the stacked SBI/KN FA last week.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a lot of guilds to fight. Compare that to what they fight against normally lately.. rS? Does Dragonbrand even have a notable guild right now?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hmm. That IS a lot. But if you read the forums T1 is not the place to be so...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, are they just embarrassed to be there on their mains?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > :smirk:

> > > > >

> > > > > Now that BG has been culled a bit and are losing fairweathers/"hibergating" the tiers are becoming a lot more balanced. Mag might get a relink and then their PPT would increase and they'll shoot back to T2. Kind of a non issue anywho.

> > > >

> > > > You do realize KnT left BG over 2 months ago and was the last major guild to leave?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I do, and I also realize their activity is falling. Not sure what you're getting at. FA is likely to head up to T1 next week.

> >

> > BG was 'culled' months ago. This is only new because someone else cared about winning.

> >

> > And those same people that swear that T1 had no fights want back in. It's quite ironic actually.

> >

> > Those that have been in T1 for a while are actually happy someone got a spine.

> >

> >

>

> I don't think spine has changed at all lol. SoS still havocs red and ppts, JQ still open field blobs. The only difference is KN to the equation. One alliance can save the tier, go figure!

And yet, from reading those who are playing Alts, their Alts belong in the KN alliance....

> @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > It seems like Mag kinda stops showing up after Monday as well. This week SBI is out in force, but Mag has been hit and miss off of EB. The weekend was amazing, but yesterday it was slooooow.

>

> SBI? we arent even in the same tier. none of the mag guilds raid on the weekend. KEK, WaR and TBT raided last night

Sorry NSP, NSP was out in force. Kek raided the weekend. Saw a few TBT last night, but not in large numbers.

Mag is most definitely in a refractory period after no downed state. But that doesn't change the fact that even in Mag's current condition the KDR clearly shows Mag is Rorschach and the other servers are the prison inmates.

We don't have any of the PPT superpowers other servers with ample coverage have through innate population or links. But we are brutally effective at what we do as a server.

A great many Mag players who still log in are currently treating GW2 like marines in Starship Troopers: It'll do until we find something better or the game is truly dead. It's good Anet is taking their time with Alliances, because they better get it right.

> @"JordanPaul.1439" said:

> I love how the people speaking for maguuma are the bandwagoners that have no idea how it was on maguuma. These die hard ebg people are the issue with maguuma and not who we were. "The cloud" is the issue. I have no idea how they sit in ebg all day and farm the same spot, then call themselves "fighters" and brag about KDR. It's really boring and not how the game was meant to be played.

>

> The commanders left on mag gave up because you can't get people off ebg to do anything and who wants to wait 30 minutes to an hour in que to play? Yes, you can go play on the BLs but because no one will leave ebg to anything everything is T3 and sieged to hell. Fighting under all that siege fire + a que blob is not fun.

>

> The guilds left on mag are tired of what maguuma has become and have either left the game, run tagless or rarely play.

>

> Solution: delete ebg or make 3 ebg maps.

Sounds like you're the PPT hero Mag needs right now.