[1 Day Left] To the new players and not only- the expansions are 50% off!

> @"Brother.1504" said:

> > @"Faline.8795" said:

> > I finally broke down and bought both expacs since they were on sale.

> >

> > But didn't Path of Fire just come out? And they are already discounting it?

>

> More money in mount skin sales then expansion costs.

True, but you don't discount something that is selling well.

Somewhere, someone made the calculation that offering a discount (albeit only a week) would drive up sales more than keeping the price the same.

More worrisome would be PoF going on permanent discount. My (uneducated) guess would be it is a promotion to get the Bless people to pull the trigger and buy the whole game. Worked on me, though I am not a Bless refugee. I'm a WoW escapee.

> @"Faline.8795" said:

> > @"Brother.1504" said:

> > > @"Faline.8795" said:

> > > I finally broke down and bought both expacs since they were on sale.

> > >

> > > But didn't Path of Fire just come out? And they are already discounting it?

> >

> > More money in mount skin sales then expansion costs.

>

> True, but you don't discount something that is selling well.

>

> Somewhere, someone made the calculation that offering a discount (albeit only a week) would drive up sales more than keeping the price the same.

>

> More worrisome would be PoF going on permanent discount. My (uneducated) guess would be it is a promotion to get the Bless people to pull the trigger and buy the whole game. Worked on me, though I am not a Bless refugee. I'm a WoW escapee.

Yah. Hook the f2p crowd.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> The promotion ends next Wednesday- 27th June, 2018.

>

> Path of Fire - Standard & Heart of Thorns - Standard cost 24,99$ (dropped from 49,99$)

>

>

Thanks for posting this, Arden.

Also, this just in: Guild Wars (original) is on sale at part of the Steam Summer Sale. See [this blog post](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/steam-summer-sale-classic-guild-wars-games-50-off/ "this blog post") for info!

I was thinking about getting the original game, but not sure which to buy. Plus, the Steam store won't seem to open for me right now. I have the original-original GW1 game, didn't play it longer than a week back when it first came out. Didn't give it a fair shake. I see there are lots of different names for things, and was wondering if there was like a bundle that had 'all' the expansions in it, and if that was on sale, and I could just buy that one thing?

> @"Faline.8795" said:

> I finally broke down and bought both expacs since they were on sale.

>

> But didn't Path of Fire just come out? And they are already discounting it?

September 2017. Its been almost exactly 9 months. With a buy to play model that relies also on cash shop items with a recent influx of new or returning players, they might get more players buying it now than when they wait until people lose interest again.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > The promotion ends next Wednesday- 27th June, 2018.

> >

> > Path of Fire - Standard & Heart of Thorns - Standard cost 24,99$ (dropped from 49,99$)

> >

> >

> Thanks for posting this, Arden.

>

> Also, this just in: Guild Wars (original) is on sale at part of the Steam Summer Sale. See [this blog post](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/steam-summer-sale-classic-guild-wars-games-50-off/ "this blog post") for info!

>

Ouch... Still pricy for a 2004 game @"Gaile Gray.6029" ... I've been trying to get my brother to buy gw1 so we could play together, but for the price of GW1 (the whole thing) i can buy PUBg which is a much more recent game, i can buy BOTH Elder Scrolls Online **and** Black Desert Online, and still have money to spare to buy some Gems.

Even just the Trilogy pack (which doesn't include EotN) is more expensive than either of GW2's direct competition base game. It costs as much to buy the GW1 Trilogy as to buy PoF! How does that make any sense?

It's high time you reviewed GW1's price, if you still want people to buy it.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I was thinking about getting the original game, but not sure which to buy. Plus, the Steam store won't seem to open for me right now. I have the original-original GW1 game, didn't play it longer than a week back when it first came out. Didn't give it a fair shake. I see there are lots of different names for things, and was wondering if there was like a bundle that had 'all' the expansions in it, and if that was on sale, and I could just buy that one thing?

Get the Trilogy and EOTN for the original game and all expansions. It's about $25 for all of it. That's a lot of content to play during GW2 "content droughts". :)

Here's the GW reddit discussion about it:

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > I was thinking about getting the original game, but not sure which to buy. Plus, the Steam store won't seem to open for me right now. I have the original-original GW1 game, didn't play it longer than a week back when it first came out. Didn't give it a fair shake. I see there are lots of different names for things, and was wondering if there was like a bundle that had 'all' the expansions in it, and if that was on sale, and I could just buy that one thing?

>

> Get the Trilogy and EOTN for the original game and all expansions. It's about $25 for all of it. That's a lot of content to play during GW2 "content droughts". :)

>

> Here's the GW reddit discussion about it:

Thank you! And done.

> @"Tabasco.1743" said:

> I never had the chance to play the original Guild Wars. Did they solve the Hall of Monuments issue? Didn't they say it was disabled, or you otherwise couldn't transfer your progress to GW2 any longer?

I can't do HoM any more? It didn't occur to me to ask that before buying it. Should I return it? :/

> @"Tabasco.1743" said:

> I never had the chance to play the original Guild Wars. Did they solve the Hall of Monuments issue? Didn't they say it was disabled, or you otherwise couldn't transfer your progress to GW2 any longer?

No, I don't think they ever said that. Perhaps, you might be remembering the occasional 'bug' with GW and GW2 losing contact with each other, and the temporary removal of _displayed_ HoM achievements/items. It's always fixed within hours.

> @"Tabasco.1743" said:

The issue was related to people getting some HoM title in GW2 that they didn't earn in GW. It isn't disabled now.

You can absolutely still progress HoM rewards.

Of course it goes on sale after I purchased both expansions :(

I wanted to get the deluxe versions originally but passed. I know I can upgrade for 2000 gems which is about $20, but if I purchased both expansions together at $50 total ($25 for each expansion) can I just pay the difference on the sale price for the deluxe version?

> @"Zionite.5924" said:

> Of course it goes on sale after I purchased both expansions :(

> I wanted to get the deluxe versions originally but passed. I know I can upgrade for 2000 gems which is about $20, but if I purchased both expansions together at $50 total ($25 for each expansion) can I just pay the difference on the sale price for the deluxe version?

You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and discuss the issue with them. You might be better served purchasing the discounted editions first, and obtaining a refund on the previous purchases later, as, due to high volume, CS Team responses are taking longer than usual.

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Zionite.5924" said:

> > Of course it goes on sale after I purchased both expansions :(

> > I wanted to get the deluxe versions originally but passed. I know I can upgrade for 2000 gems which is about $20, but if I purchased both expansions together at $50 total ($25 for each expansion) can I just pay the difference on the sale price for the deluxe version?

>

> You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and discuss the issue with them. You might be better served purchasing the discounted editions first, and obtaining a refund on the previous purchases later, as, due to high volume, CS Team responses are taking longer than usual.

>

> Good luck.

So rebuy the expansion for PoF but get the deluxe version this time? I wonder how far back they'll honor it.

> @"Zionite.5924" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Zionite.5924" said:

> > > Of course it goes on sale after I purchased both expansions :(

> > > I wanted to get the deluxe versions originally but passed. I know I can upgrade for 2000 gems which is about $20, but if I purchased both expansions together at $50 total ($25 for each expansion) can I just pay the difference on the sale price for the deluxe version?

> >

> > You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and discuss the issue with them. You might be better served purchasing the discounted editions first, and obtaining a refund on the previous purchases later, as, due to high volume, CS Team responses are taking longer than usual.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> So rebuy the expansion for PoF but get the deluxe version this time? I wonder how far back they'll honor it.

You can obtain refunds for purchases from ArenaNet for 30 days (from date of purchase).