Long Live the Lich! [trailer speculations]

Arden.7480

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> Gandara could potentially get the same treatment as Fahranur as being an area restricted to a story mission. Which seems to be a common thing they have done with the last 2 LW episodes. I recall the areas around Gandara to be quite lacking unless we get to go to the waterworks and old sunspear base.

If it is Gandara, there is Pogahn Passage, Yohlon Haven, and the Dejarin Estate nearby they could draw from. The Waterworks and old Sunspear base are unlikely to be on this map,based on the size of the last two LW maps.

If I had to guess, the map will proably cover an area similar to the white boxed area below, except the map will cover less water area, and be more pulled up into the Dejarin Estate area.

![](https://i.imgur.com/3aJlRgR.jpg "")

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot smaller than the current living world maps. I kind of imagined it would be about Vabbi sized and directly below it reaching into the brand just a little bit. Would also be a good cut off point having a branded wall similar to the branded area in far east Crystal Oasis. I originally imagined that the entry point to the map would be near the Griffon roost in Vabbi but I guess it could be pushed further towards the west so as to avoid having the giant branded scar area which it didn't look like we had any of in the trailer.

Definitely didn't see that much water in the trailer either, and I didn't see anything that looked liked it would have been Gandara. The area with all the Asura-tech honestly looked like Twilight Oasis fractal to me. No idea where that map is actually supposed to be set but I knew it was somewhere in Kourna. There just didn't look like enough water in the trailer to be that close to the coast, but there wasn't really any brand that I could tell either.

So it's hard to say. It feels like they showed quite a bit of the new map in the trailer, but I'm wondering if they were just really careful with the angles they chose. Given the new mount, I think wherever it is we will be seeing a lot more land than water though, and given how fast it looks I feel like it's going to be a fairly large map so people aren't just zooming from one end to the other.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> That's a lot smaller than the current living world maps.

It was a box made from the land area of sandsweapt isles, and also just a rough outline of what to expect.

> kind of imagined it would be about Vabbi sized

No LW map has been anywhere close to Vabbi sized, I don't see why this one would be either.

> @"eduardo.1436" said:

> > @"Chorne.8195" said:

>

> > I'm also extremely confused as to why Faren is in Elona now. Perhaps DR has gotten dragged into the Joko conflict? An awakened general did come into the middle of the city and kill a few citizens last episode, and while that's trivial for US, Jenna will have to deal with it somehow to appease her people. Fatalities in the middle of the city? Awakened invading anywhere and everywhere? There's sure to be a lot of panic in the racial cities over this. Perhaps Faren is working for Jenna to scope out the situation on the front lines. And those look significantly different from our mesmer butterflies, not just in color but in shape as well. Is that an effect from some sort of elonian mesmer spell, or are they some sort of effect from some elonian animal or something? Perhaps we'll meet an elonian mesmer character who will partake in some subterfuge mission with Faren. But in that case, why isn't Kasmeer here?

> >

>

> Actually last we saw Faren he was at the amnoon party and supposedly helped refugees evacuate during the Kralky invasion. So this maybe means that Ellen Kiel, Kasmeer, and Marjory will appear in this episode?

>

>

>

Kasmeer and Marjory are in Kourna- checking on Kralkatorrik:

PC: _We should check in with Jory and Kas. See if they've caught up to Kralkatorrik._

Taimi: _They already checked in. Kralk is perched in some mountains. They said it's acting strange..._

It's highly likely.

> @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > That's a lot smaller than the current living world maps.

> It was a box made from the land area of sandsweapt isles, and also just a rough outline of what to expect.

> > kind of imagined it would be about Vabbi sized

> No LW map has been anywhere close to Vabbi sized, I don't see why this one would be either.

>

Sand swept is pretty close. Have you compared the two? Domain of Istan seems smaller but has a lot more verticality.

MMh after creating a square based on sandswept Isles, The new map could envelop the whole coast:

![](https://i.imgur.com/SkxpLEz.png)

That's pure speculation, but at the north-west it can be a waterfall like in the trailer, at the south a crescent Islet could be Joko's base? But what is strange, the map is essentially a delta and some rivers whereas we haven't seen many water on the trailer.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> That's pure speculation, but at the north-west it can be a waterfall like in the trailer, at the south a crescent Islet could be Joko's base? But what is strange, the map is essentially a delta and some rivers whereas we haven't seen many water on the trailer.

Including the water area of Sandsweapt isle is pointless since there is no content there, and if not water, the map would have giant walls as borders, that take up a lot of space, but aren't actually playable area.

Also, if you re-watch the trailer, you can clearly make out a river with some moas in it.

Yup, totally agree about no content in sea areas, but had to consider them since the official limits allow you to explore them, they are still ressources nodes in them. Water add a nice touch to the landscape, not totally useless :D You can't simply cover the whole map with events, in any map you can find an unused location or area. ;) yup thx for the advice, I saw them on the trailer.

First shots are of Joko in some kind of base. The fact he seems very comfortable and is surrounded by centaur bones would indicate he is the Bone Palace, which is in the desolation. Makes sense that he would return to his primary base and not be hiding out somewhere else.

We also see some shots of bone walls and areas with a heavy yellowish-greenish fog. This again reminds me of the desolation, though the map is definitly going to be Kourna. Maybe somewhere close to the desolation? The bone wall we see could be the gates of desolation. If Joko is in the Bone Palace, maybe we have decided to attack him from the south?

We also have shots of open desert with high cliffs in the background and also what appears to be a cataract of some sort. This makes me think of Yatendi Canyons and the Cataract of Jahai. The fortress we see in one shot seems too small to be Gandara and the surrounding terrain looks all wrong for that area, so probably the Fortress of Jahai.

We also see a shot of a gnarled tree with a centaur skull in the forground. Is this possibly the remains of the Ancestor Tree? If we are getting Yatendi Canyons, Ancestor Tree, and Gates of Desolation in one map then the map would have to be about the size of Vabbi.

> @"Fenar.4025" said:

>the map would have to be about the size of Vabbi.

If it is , that would prove seriously bizarre given that That_Shaman has suggested there will be 7 LW releases for this season based off of data from the portal book.

A map the size of Vabbi smack dab in Kourna would prove troubling on having space to put the remaining 4 releases

> > @"Fenar.4025" said:

> >the map would have to be about the size of Vabbi.

> If it is , that would prove seriously bizarre given that That_Shaman has suggested there will be 7 LW releases for this season based off of data from the portal book.

>

> A map the size of Vabbi smack dab in Kourna would prove troubling on having space to put the remaining 4 releases

>

>

There's more than enough room for seven maps. What about Gandara? What about the Marga coast? What about Sulfurous Wastes? What about Joko's Domain? What about Mount Krakatorik? That's 4-5 more maps right there. Also, who's to say we don't go to at least one map outside of Elona?

> @"Fenar.4025" said:

> There's more than enough room for seven maps. What about Gandara? What about the Marga coast? What about Sulfurous Wastes? What about Joko's Domain? What about Mount Krakatorik? That's 4-5 more maps right there. Also, who's to say we don't go to at least one map outside of Elona?

Sure, if you keep them all to Sandsweapt Isles sized map, and not Domain of Vabbi sized. Also, going outside of Elona would be odd unless we go to the Charr homelands area where Kralkatorik woke up in order to get something there to kill him. the story doesn't make sense for us leave Elona while Joko and Kralk are still active otherwise.

![](https://i.imgur.com/YYV53ug.jpg "")

> > @"Fenar.4025" said:

> > There's more than enough room for seven maps. What about Gandara? What about the Marga coast? What about Sulfurous Wastes? What about Joko's Domain? What about Mount Krakatorik? That's 4-5 more maps right there. Also, who's to say we don't go to at least one map outside of Elona?

> Sure, if you keep them all to Sandsweapt Isles sized map, and not Domain of Vabbi sized. Also, going outside of Elona would be odd unless we go to the Charr homelands area where Kralkatorik woke up in order to get something there to kill him. the story doesn't make sense for us leave Elona while Joko and Kralk are still active otherwise.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/YYV53ug.jpg "")

>

>

>

The map is likely to be north of the brand and just south of Vabbi. There wasn't anything in the trailer to indicate there were any branded areas in the new map.

I agree, though, that it does seem odd that they would do a larger map. Maybe that's part of the reason for the delay? Maybe the map had too much empty space in it.

[edit]

Looking at your map, it looks like something the size of Sandswept might be able to cover all the areas that seem to be shown in the trailer. Maybe something a little bigger.

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > That's pure speculation, but at the north-west it can be a waterfall like in the trailer, at the south a crescent Islet could be Joko's base? But what is strange, the map is essentially a delta and some rivers whereas we haven't seen many water on the trailer.

> Including the water area of Sandsweapt isle is pointless since there is no content there, and if not water, the map would have giant walls as borders, that take up a lot of space, but aren't actually playable area.

>

> Also, if you re-watch the trailer, you can clearly make out a river with some moas in it.

>

And you think all the water in your map location would be different? We saw one little area with a Moa, not half the map with water. It’s possible it could be the same size but with better use of the space.

And at some point the episodes will have to lead into the expansion unless they’re doing another living world season. Going back to the place where Kralk first was in the north could tie into the story easily and still not be in Elona.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> And you think all the water in your map location would be different? We saw one little area with a Moa, not half the map with water. It’s possible it could be the same size but with better use of the space.

Please read the whole thread before responding. As I pointed out previously, I expect the map to have less ocean space, and be more distorted inward to include more of the Dejarin Estate area. the rest of the water is shallow rivers that can be crossed on foot even back in gW1 in some places, and not "underwater combat" depth.

> And at some point the episodes will have to lead into the expansion unless they’re doing another living world season. Going back to the place where Kralk first was in the north could tie into the story easily and still not be in Elona.

I know, and thats why I expect LWs4 to end with a cutscene of us killing Kralk, Aurene absorbing some of his power, and taking his spot in the cycle so the world doesn't blow up with his death, and then we see a bunch swoosh of energy going off to either Bubbles, Primordus, or Jormag, and then X4 will begin similar to how X3 did, with some message, or refugees, coming in from Cantha, the Far Shiverpeaks, or the Deldrimor Front regions, leading us to the next expansion and dragon. That or something like the Tengu will decide with three of the ED's dead, they want to return home to Cantha for reasons or w/e.

Given Jormag and Primordus's weaknesses to each other, and the fact Anet put them to sleep, I suspect we will head off to Bubbles and Cantha next, before returning to Tyria for the end of the story and the last dragons.

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > And you think all the water in your map location would be different? We saw one little area with a Moa, not half the map with water. It’s possible it could be the same size but with better use of the space.

> Please read the whole thread before responding. As I pointed out previously, I expect the map to have less ocean space, and be more distorted inward to include more of the Dejarin Estate area. the rest of the water is shallow rivers that can be crossed on foot even back in gW1 in some places, and not "underwater combat" depth.

> > And at some point the episodes will have to lead into the expansion unless they’re doing another living world season. Going back to the place where Kralk first was in the north could tie into the story easily and still not be in Elona.

> I know, and thats why I expect LWs4 to end with a cutscene of us killing Kralk, Aurene absorbing some of his power, and taking his spot in the cycle so the world doesn't blow up with his death, and then we see a bunch swoosh of energy going off to either Bubbles, Primordus, or Jormag, and then X4 will begin similar to how X3 did, with some message, or refugees, coming in from Cantha, the Far Shiverpeaks, or the Deldrimor Front regions, leading us to the next expansion and dragon. That or something like the Tengu will decide with three of the ED's dead, they want to return home to Cantha for reasons or w/e.

>

> Given Jormag and Primordus's weaknesses to each other, and the fact Anet put them to sleep, I suspect we will head off to Bubbles and Cantha next, before returning to Tyria for the end of the story and the last dragons.

i highly doubt we'll kill kralk this season, i find it much more likely we'll learn how to replace an elder dragon over the course of this season before leading into xpac then that we kill an elder dragon and then immediately go after another one. it just seems to fast.

(maybe joko figured out how to replace them and that's his ultimate goal, to become palawa zhaitan[har har, snark snark, this is a joke don't take it serious])

What if Kralk decides it's time to snack on another elder dragon? He's located perfectly for a "short" flight to Cantha. Surely he must realize that fighting the player character is going to be a losing proposition. So what if he flies off to Cantha to snack on a little Steve The Deep Sea Dragon? What happens then? Does the world blow up or does he just become so strong that he can consume all the remaining magic at once?

> @"derd.6413" said:

> i highly doubt we'll kill kralk this season, i find it much more likely we'll learn how to replace an elder dragon over the course of this season before leading into xpac then that we kill an elder dragon and then immediately go after another one. it just seems to fast.

>

> (maybe joko figured out how to replace them and that's his ultimate goal, to become palawa zhaitan[har har, snark snark, this is a joke don't take it serious])

I highly doubt we won't kill Kralaktorik this season, or at least remove him from the picture in such a way that he's basically "dead" in the narrative sense.

The big problem with Kralk is that, while PoF was about chasing after Balthazar, Balthazar himself was chasing after Kralk, so by chasing after Balth, we also chased after Kralk, and thus, ended up doing 90% of the things we would do in a Kralk based expansion. We went to Glint's liar, read her memories, and found and destroyed the Dragonbood spear. We met Vlast, read his memories, and went to his Exalted city. We learned Kralk's weakness was his own power, and Aurene showed up, got kidnapped, and was used to almost kill Kralk, but we stopped that, and she absorbed a lot of magic that accelerated her ageing. If we were to compare were we are in the Kralk story, with that of Zhaitan or Mordremoth, we would be in Cursed Shore, or Dragon's Stand, a stone's throw away from the final boss fight. There is really nothing for another expansion that is Kralk based to cover at this point besides simply killing him.

The reason why we haven't actually finished Kralk off yet though is

A. Kralk isn't doing much but sitting on top of a mountain learning how to use his new death and plant magics.

B. Even if he was doing something, we don't have an army to distract his forces while we go after him directly.

C. Joko's invasion attempts are a far more immediately pressing problem.

Problem B is slowly being solved throughout PoF, and LWS4, as we make allies in the Desert/Vabbi/Istani Sunspears, the Order of Shadow, the Sly Corsairs, the Olmakhan, and any possible future allies we met in episodes 3-6, possibly including a tribe of Hylek, maybe a hidden group of Centaurs, and possibly some Djinn, since those are the remaining sapient races in Elona I can think of that aren't just mindlessly violent like the harpies are(though if we found a friendly harpy tribe as well which would be cool). We are basically building a sort of "Elonian Pact" in the process, as the Tyrian Pact is still recovering from Mordremoth's destruction of the fleet(though I suspect Logan will be able to send some people to help us when we finally face Kralk head on).

Problem C, the Joko invasion, is likely to be solved at the end of episode 4. Episode 1 had him so far ahead of us we didn't see him. Episode 2 had us JUST catch up to him right at the end, but, again, he was just too far ahead for us to stop him.Episode 3 will likely have us disable his invasion force in some way like burning all of his ship or something, and he will JUST get away this time. With episode 4 having us finally catch up to him, and stop him. Though this isn't to suggest Joko will be killed, dethroned, or even detained, only that he will be forced to admit defeat, and stop any plan of invasion, so we can focus on rallying our allies, and taking the fight to Kralk for episodes 5-7.

Even if none of the above was true, there is the bigger problem of location. As it stand now, Kralkatorik is basically boxed in. To the north is the desolation map, to the northeast is Vabbi, to the East is Kourna, to the south is Istan, and to the west is the Sandsweapt Isles. There is really nowhere left for Kralk to fly off too at this point besides going south-east into the open ocean where nothing is, or going northwest into the Scavanger's Causeway.

While he could fly off into the Scavanger's Causeway, I doubt Anet is stupid enough to think that following a desert based expansion where we wind up in the ruins of a one mighty and magical land(vabbi), with a desert based expansion where we wind up in the ruins of a one mighty and magical land(Orr) would be a good idea. Especially since we already got enough of Orr in the base game as is.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > i highly doubt we'll kill kralk this season, i find it much more likely we'll learn how to replace an elder dragon over the course of this season before leading into xpac then that we kill an elder dragon and then immediately go after another one. it just seems to fast.

> >

> > (maybe joko figured out how to replace them and that's his ultimate goal, to become palawa zhaitan[har har, snark snark, this is a joke don't take it serious])

> I highly doubt we won't kill Kralaktorik this season, or at least remove him from the picture in such a way that he's basically "dead" in the narrative sense.

>

> The big problem with Kralk is that, while PoF was about chasing after Balthazar, Balthazar himself was chasing after Kralk, so by chasing after Balth, we also chased after Kralk, and thus, ended up doing 90% of the things we would do in a Kralk based expansion. We went to Glint's liar, read her memories, and found and destroyed the Dragonbood spear. We met Vlast, read his memories, and went to his Exalted city. We learned Kralk's weakness was his own power, and Aurene showed up, got kidnapped, and was used to almost kill Kralk, but we stopped that, and she absorbed a lot of magic that accelerated her ageing. If we were to compare were we are in the Kralk story, with that of Zhaitan or Mordremoth, we would be in Cursed Shore, or Dragon's Stand, a stone's throw away from the final boss fight. There is really nothing for another expansion that is Kralk based to cover at this point besides simply killing him.

>

> The reason why we haven't actually finished Kralk off yet though is

> A. Kralk isn't doing much but sitting on top of a mountain learning how to use his new death and plant magics.

> B. Even if he was doing something, we don't have an army to distract his forces while we go after him directly.

> C. Joko's invasion attempts are a far more immediately pressing problem.

>

> Problem B is slowly being solved throughout PoF, and LWS4, as we make allies in the Desert/Vabbi/Istani Sunspears, the Order of Shadow, the Sly Corsairs, the Olmakhan, and any possible future allies we met in episodes 3-6, possibly including a tribe of Hylek, maybe a hidden group of Centaurs, and possibly some Djinn, since those are the remaining sapient races in Elona I can think of that aren't just mindlessly violent like the harpies are(though if we found a friendly harpy tribe as well which would be cool). We are basically building a sort of "Elonian Pact" in the process, as the Tyrian Pact is still recovering from Mordremoth's destruction of the fleet(though I suspect Logan will be able to send some people to help us when we finally face Kralk head on).

>

> Problem C, the Joko invasion, is likely to be solved at the end of episode 4. Episode 1 had him so far ahead of us we didn't see him. Episode 2 had us JUST catch up to him right at the end, but, again, he was just too far ahead for us to stop him.Episode 3 will likely have us disable his invasion force in some way like burning all of his ship or something, and he will JUST get away this time. With episode 4 having us finally catch up to him, and stop him. Though this isn't to suggest Joko will be killed, dethroned, or even detained, only that he will be forced to admit defeat, and stop any plan of invasion, so we can focus on rallying our allies, and taking the fight to Kralk for episodes 5-7.

>

> Even if none of the above was true, there is the bigger problem of location. As it stand now, Kralkatorik is basically boxed in. To the north is the desolation map, to the northeast is Vabbi, to the East is Kourna, to the south is Istan, and to the west is the Sandsweapt Isles. There is really nowhere left for Kralk to fly off too at this point besides going south-east into the open ocean where nothing is, or going northwest into the Scavanger's Causeway.

>

> While he could fly off into the Scavanger's Causeway, I doubt Anet is stupid enough to think that following a desert based expansion where we wind up in the ruins of a one mighty and magical land(vabbi), with a desert based expansion where we wind up in the ruins of a one mighty and magical land(Orr) would be a good idea. Especially since we already got enough of Orr in the base game as is.

all we did in pof was sabotage our chances to defeat kralk: the spear is gone (so we don't have a weapon anymore), aurene isn't nearly powerful enough to face kralk without ending up like her mom, all we have from pof is a weakness but nothing on how to utilize it and prevent aurene from dying (like her mom)

and you forgot another reason we haven't killed kralk yet: we don't know how to replace an elder dragon which was the biggest reason we had to save kralk from balt.

also kralk isn't boxed in: he can literally fly in any direction and kill everything in its path while terraforming everything to suit his needs.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> all we did in pof was sabotage our chances to defeat kralk: the spear is gone (so we don't have a weapon anymore), aurene isn't nearly powerful enough to face kralk without ending up like her mom, all we have from pof is a weakness but nothing on how to utilize it and prevent aurene from dying (like her mom)

> and you forgot another reason we haven't killed kralk yet: we don't know how to replace an elder dragon which was the biggest reason we had to save kralk from balt.

>

> also kralk isn't boxed in: he can literally fly in any direction and kill everything in its path while terraforming everything to suit his needs.

We don't need the Spear since we have Aurene. Balthazar shooting a concentrated beam of Aurene energy at Kralk was enough to almost kill him at the end of PoF. Not to mention, we recruited those two Inquest guys, who specifically mentioned they backed up all their Kralk data, and have them working with Taimi, just so they can mcguffin some sort of machine, device, or weapon, to deal with him when the time comes.

And Anet isn't going to have Kralk fly off somewhere because that would mean massively redoing an existing map or two, which they really haven't ever done. It would make the changes the Tower of Nightmares caused look like nothing, and isn't something you want to do in a game where maps are normally time locked.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > all we did in pof was sabotage our chances to defeat kralk: the spear is gone (so we don't have a weapon anymore), aurene isn't nearly powerful enough to face kralk without ending up like her mom, all we have from pof is a weakness but nothing on how to utilize it and prevent aurene from dying (like her mom)

> > and you forgot another reason we haven't killed kralk yet: we don't know how to replace an elder dragon which was the biggest reason we had to save kralk from balt.

> >

> > also kralk isn't boxed in: he can literally fly in any direction and kill everything in its path while terraforming everything to suit his needs.

> We don't need the Spear since we have Aurene. Balthazar shooting a concentrated beam of Aurene energy at Kralk was enough to almost kill him at the end of PoF. Not to mention, we recruited those two Inquest guys, who specifically mentioned they backed up all their Kralk data, and have them working with Taimi, just so they can mcguffin some sort of machine, device, or weapon, to deal with him when the time comes.

>

> And Anet isn't going to have Kralk fly off somewhere because that would mean massively redoing an existing map or two, which they really haven't ever done. It would make the changes the Tower of Nightmares caused look like nothing, and isn't something you want to do in a game where maps are normally time locked.

>

Kralk can fly a little north of sandswept isles and then SE to reach Cantha without branding existing map. Highly, highly unlikely we kill him in a living story episode. Especially considering he is now the most powerful elder dragon on Tyria after consuming the bulk of what used to be Balthazar. Also, what happens if one elder dragon kills another? They never knew what would happen if one died because none ever did. Now they must know. Killing one might be bad for the mortal races of Tyria, but is it bad for powerful beings such as gods and dragons?

> @"Fenar.4025" said:

> Kralk can fly a little north of sandswept isles and then SE to reach Cantha without branding existing map. Highly, highly unlikely we kill him in a living story episode. Especially considering he is now the most powerful elder dragon on Tyria after consuming the bulk of what used to be Balthazar. Also, what happens if one elder dragon kills another? They never knew what would happen if one died because none ever did. Now they must know. Killing one might be bad for the mortal races of Tyria, but is it bad for powerful beings such as gods and dragons?

Having Kralk fly off just to pick a fight with Bubbles would be really dumb from a plot standpoint. And given how long Zhaitan and Mordremoth were dead, and neither Bubbles, nor Kralkatorik, nor Primordus, nor Jomarg, made the attempt to kill one another, it seems like they know not to do so.

I mean, if we consider the fact they are all in competition, and have been so for many cycles, the fact that none of them have killed each other, or even made an attempt to kill each other that we know of, indicates they don't care, or have some knowledge that doing so would disrupt the cycle, thus killing them all, and so avoid it.

> > @"Fenar.4025" said:

> > Kralk can fly a little north of sandswept isles and then SE to reach Cantha without branding existing map. Highly, highly unlikely we kill him in a living story episode. Especially considering he is now the most powerful elder dragon on Tyria after consuming the bulk of what used to be Balthazar. Also, what happens if one elder dragon kills another? They never knew what would happen if one died because none ever did. Now they must know. Killing one might be bad for the mortal races of Tyria, but is it bad for powerful beings such as gods and dragons?

> Having Kralk fly off just to pick a fight with Bubbles would be really dumb from a plot standpoint. And given how long Zhaitan and Mordremoth were dead, and neither Bubbles, nor Kralkatorik, nor Primordus, nor Jomarg, made the attempt to kill one another, it seems like they know not to do so.

>

> I mean, if we consider the fact they are all in competition, and have been so for many cycles, the fact that none of them have killed each other, or even made an attempt to kill each other that we know of, indicates they don't care, or have some knowledge that doing so would disrupt the cycle, thus killing them all, and so avoid it.

Why did a god suddenly get the idea to just hunt down and kill one of the elder dragons? Because we showed him it could be done. Maybe the dragons realized they were getting more magic when another died, but they still didn't know what the full consequences were. Kralkatorik may be sitting on his mountain thinking about the implications of all the power he has absorbed and how best to deal with the upstart player and their dragon side-kick.

Consider what happens if we find a way to defeat Kralkatorik. It almost inevitably means that Aurene becomes a sort of dragon-god. At that point, the elder dragon story is probably over with. Primordius and Jormag are asleep and I doubt Steve would be a match for a powered-up Aurene. That entire plot just fizzles out.

> @"Fenar.4025" said:

> Why did a god suddenly get the idea to just hunt down and kill one of the elder dragons? Because we showed him it could be done.

Uhh no. He got the idea to kill one because he knew they could be killed, all the gods did, but they chose NOT to kill them previously because doing so would destroy Tyria.

>Consider what happens if we find a way to defeat Kralkatorik. It almost inevitably means that Aurene becomes a sort of dragon-god. At that point, the elder dragon story is probably over with. Primordius and Jormag are asleep and I doubt Steve would be a match for a powered-up Aurene. That entire plot just fizzles out.

Nope. Aurene can take the place of one dragon, but who is going to take the place of the others? Not to mention, they wouldn't let Aurene go toe to toe with an ED, after she becomes an ED type entity, because it would be immensely devastating to the world, like how the 5 gods fighting Abbadon destroyed the Crystal Sea and turned it into a desert. That would cause more damage then it would prevent.

Not to mention, putting Jormag and Primordus to sleep is just a basic literary stall tactic for when they need them to awaken later. Putting them to sleep doesn't end the threat they post to the world because they are still alive, and will inevitably reawaken at some point.

> > @"Fenar.4025" said:

> > Why did a god suddenly get the idea to just hunt down and kill one of the elder dragons? Because we showed him it could be done.

> Uhh no. He got the idea to kill one because he knew they could be killed, all the gods did, but they chose NOT to kill them previously because doing so would destroy Tyria.

>

> >Consider what happens if we find a way to defeat Kralkatorik. It almost inevitably means that Aurene becomes a sort of dragon-god. At that point, the elder dragon story is probably over with. Primordius and Jormag are asleep and I doubt Steve would be a match for a powered-up Aurene. That entire plot just fizzles out.

> Nope. Aurene can take the place of one dragon, but who is going to take the place of the others? Not to mention, they wouldn't let Aurene go toe to toe with an ED, after she becomes an ED type entity, because it would be immensely devastating to the world, like how the 5 gods fighting Abbadon destroyed the Crystal Sea and turned it into a desert. That would cause more damage then it would prevent.

>

> Not to mention, putting Jormag and Primordus to sleep is just a basic literary stall tactic for when they need them to awaken later. Putting them to sleep doesn't end the threat they post to the world because they are still alive, and will inevitably reawaken at some point.

Is it ever explained what really happens when elder dragon's die? All we see in Tami's simulation cutscene is that Tyria is destroyed, but not the exact mechanism. Maybe one dragon could hold all the power of the others without consuming the world. The problem is that the ones that currently hold the power don't want to save Tyria. I always thought the way the world is destroyed is through the remaining dragons reaching some sort of critical mass where they absorb all the remaining magic in a bright flash. You could also interpret the cutscene as showing Tyria becoming unstable as elder dragon magic is released back to it. If it is the second option, then you are probably right in saying that we need other beings to hold the power of each elder dragon we destroy.