Return

Hello,

I started playing gw2 first day when the game came out, I also bought HoT expansion, crafted legendary weapon, all types of asc armor,(heavy, medium, light) then I stopped playing. I am not a fan of raids so that was the only thing I havent tried out but I am completely not interested in it.

My question is - should I buy PoF and return? Is this expansion really something what player should really try? Will the game give me a reason to log in even though I have all ascs, legendary on my account? I am looking for some kind of challenge (except raids) (crafting legendary weapon was for example nice challenge which took me quite a lot of time, cause I am a casual player).

Thank you very much for your opinions

> @"Mikali.9651" said:

> if you like the story content where you play 10% of the content and other 90% is NPCs talking and walking then PoF will be perfect for you. It has lots of lore content imo

It's not that bad. At least it doesn't consist of cinematics interspersed with sessions of gunning down Skytroopers. And you forgot to mention ... mounts ....

Not just any mounts, but the absolute coolest mounts I've yet seen in any MMORPG.

PoF as a product is absolutely amazing. Stunning maps, lots of secrets, thousands of NPC lines that really make the world seem as alive as possible in a game like this.

Mounts will completely change the way you view the game, trust me on this. I was close to quitting the game before PoF but it rekindled my passion completely.

As for goals. There are always new interesting challenges and achievements to overcome. Especially since you don't have PoF yet there is a lot of untapped potential there. If you don't have anything to do with your characters, just try jumping into something new, get a new ascended set or different legendaries. Many of the more recent ones were pretty cool too.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> Not just any mounts, but the absolute coolest mounts I've yet seen in any MMORPG.

The mounts are really, really good. Like, super good.

> @"Arafel.6895" said:

> My question is - should I buy PoF and return? Is this expansion really something what player should really try? Will the game give me a reason to log in even though I have all ascs, legendary on my account? I am looking for some kind of challenge (except raids) (crafting legendary weapon was for example nice challenge which took me quite a lot of time, cause I am a casual player).

Nothing fundamental has changed about the endgame, so my personal guess would be "probably not": you might find the break has reinvigorated you, but you will probably find that it feels much the same as it did when you found yourself tuckered out in the past.

Endgame non-raid challenges comprise fashion wars, which you already won, fractals -- new and improved, PvP and WvW, and the new legendaries. Oh, and of course, masteries, achievements, all that jazz. Depending on budget, there are also the LS 2, 3, and early 4 seasons available, which give new maps, new story quests, and a bunch of farming. (Also, LS3 gives the legendary trinket, should you love swirly purple globes.)

That said, the newest legendaries are no longer collection based, but rather, map currency based, so you may find them less interesting than the early ones.

I'd advise you to come back and try the game, **then** decide about the purchase. (I mean, if risking $25 or whatever it is today is too much for you to gamble on a maybe, of course.) Even a paid for core account should give you enough insight to understand if you are gonna find things to do. You don't need PoF to access the endgame content, so that'll let you know rather than guess.

> @"Arafel.6895" said:

> My question is - should I buy PoF and return? Is this expansion really something what player should really try? Will the game give me a reason to log in even though I have all ascs, legendary on my account? I am looking for some kind of challenge (except raids) (crafting legendary weapon was for example nice challenge which took me quite a lot of time, cause I am a casual player).

>

> Thank you very much for your opinions

Yes, you should buy Path of Fire and return. Buy Path of Fire especially when it's on sale. It gives you new elite specializations, new maps and the feature that stood out the most in this expansion, the mounts.

Mounts are great, and specializations can change up your playstyle. I liked playing through the instanced part of the story, though the open world parts suck much as they always do. I'd recommend it -- even if you just play it for a month or so, you're probably getting your money's worth.