Taking actions against attacks while stealthed

Syanur.2635

It's been on for so long. As D/P Thief, almost one of your main protection, and way to buy time is to stealth. But you cant even do this, because a Deadeye Thief can F1 Mark you AND full P/P 3rd skill if he casted before you end up in stealth. Same goes for longbow ranger. Why is this a thing ? Why does it not just stop the attack ? Your being put half HP without the possibility to do anything. This should not be.

> @"Syanur.2635" said:

> It's been on for so long. As D/P Thief, almost one of your main protection, and way to buy time is to stealth. But you cant even do this, because a Deadeye Thief can F1 Mark you AND full P/P 3rd skill if he casted before you end up in stealth. Same goes for longbow ranger. Why is this a thing ? Why does it not just stop the attack ? Your being put half HP without the possibility to do anything. This should not be.

Dodge? Bandit defence? Shadowstep/Steal behind Enemy? Headshot or other CC to cancel it? This sounds like l2p issue.

> @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > @"Syanur.2635" said:

> > It's been on for so long. As D/P Thief, almost one of your main protection, and way to buy time is to stealth. But you cant even do this, because a Deadeye Thief can F1 Mark you AND full P/P 3rd skill if he casted before you end up in stealth. Same goes for longbow ranger. Why is this a thing ? Why does it not just stop the attack ? Your being put half HP without the possibility to do anything. This should not be.

>

> Dodge? Bandit defence? Shadowstep/Steal behind Enemy? Smoke screen? Headshot or other CC to cancel it? This sounds like l2p issue.

As I said : You waste all your dodges for nothing, you not usually playing Bandit Defense and even less Smoke screen. As for shadowstep/Steal, you dont always have it, and as P/P thief can spam 3 and blind you, canceling interrupt, it would all end up to nothing. All I am seeing is it does not feel like a normal behavior for a mechanic like stealth. He will just chase you all the way, and you will have to leave the fight because you cant even kite.

> @"Syanur.2635" said:

> But you cant even do this, because a Deadeye Thief can F1 Mark you AND full P/P 3rd skill if he casted before you end up in stealth. Same goes for longbow ranger. Why is this a thing ? Why does it not just stop the attack ? Your being put half HP without the possibility to do anything. This should not be.

You've got two interrupt skills: Steal and Headshot. If you're fighting a p/p thief, burst them from stealth, remain withing melee range to auto attack them and use Headshot to interrupt their Unload. Interrupting it results in wasting the p/p thiefs' initiative and not receiving the extra initiative if they land all of their shots.

The same thing goes for ranger, although I would say it's easier to fight them because they can't spam Rapid Fire the same way a p/p thief can spam Unload.

> @"Syanur.2635" said:

> As I said : You waste all your dodges for nothing, you not usually playing Bandit Defense and even less Smoke screen. As for shadowstep/Steal, you dont always have it, and as P/P thief can spam 3 and blind you, canceling interrupt, it would all end up to nothing. All I am seeing is it does not feel like a normal behavior for a mechanic like stealth. He will just chase you all the way, and you will have to leave the fight because you cant even kite.

If someone is using a channelled skill when you stealth the channel will track you but you only need to dodge the current skill, your stealth will prevent subsequent uses from targeting you.

So we want stealth to be an interrupt as well? I don't mind that since it benefits me if I play classes with stealth access. It only means I don't play those other trash classes with no stealth access, small trade-off right there.

Warning though it still doesn't save you from AoE so maybe you should make a thread to petition the reduction of all AoE damage taken in stealth by 90%?

How about we give you the interrupt then forcibly reveal you when hit in stealth? Because that's the mechanic in WoW...

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Syanur.2635" said:

> > As I said : You waste all your dodges for nothing, you not usually playing Bandit Defense and even less Smoke screen. As for shadowstep/Steal, you dont always have it, and as P/P thief can spam 3 and blind you, canceling interrupt, it would all end up to nothing. All I am seeing is it does not feel like a normal behavior for a mechanic like stealth. He will just chase you all the way, and you will have to leave the fight because you cant even kite.

>

> If someone is using a channelled skill when you stealth the channel will track you but you only need to dodge the current skill, your stealth will prevent subsequent uses from targeting you.

If said person isn't using movement skills during the channel such as Rapid Fire, porting behind the caster won't matter it will still track the stealthed player.

With a skill like Rapid Fire, by the time the channel ends, the stealth has worn off.

LoS ignoring instant cast is really strong burst in combination with stealth + blinds on demand, and the most dodge in game. You literally can win fights by letting them waste cooldowns since the only real way to beat it is with good hard reads or persistent AoE.

Having a mild weakness to channeled skills isn’t a big deal, you have a ton of options to play around it. Use terrain more if you can’t dodge it or play against your opponents expectations. If you are predictable you will die.

> @"Syanur.2635" said:

> As I said : You waste all your dodges for nothing, you not usually playing Bandit Defense and even less Smoke screen. As for shadowstep/Steal, you dont always have it, and as P/P thief can spam 3 and blind you, canceling interrupt, it would all end up to nothing. All I am seeing is it does not feel like a normal behavior for a mechanic like stealth. He will just chase you all the way, and you will have to leave the fight because you cant even kite.

"You waste all of your dodges for nothing" :D so If i Dodge skill that would kill mee, its a waste.. mkay

> @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > @"Syanur.2635" said:

> > It's been on for so long. As D/P Thief, almost one of your main protection, and way to buy time is to stealth. But you cant even do this, because a Deadeye Thief can F1 Mark you AND full P/P 3rd skill if he casted before you end up in stealth. Same goes for longbow ranger. Why is this a thing ? Why does it not just stop the attack ? Your being put half HP without the possibility to do anything. This should not be.

>

> Dodge? Bandit defence? Shadowstep/Steal behind Enemy? Headshot or other CC to cancel it? This sounds like l2p issue.

Meh, P/P thief is one thing, and there are ways to deal with it, as for lb ranger, their pew-pew is ridiculous... shadowstep range wont be able save you aginst it, you wont be able to inerrupt consistently because of the pet and only 900 range compared to their 1800+, their arrows has a curved trajectory and pierces which makes los pretty hard if you don't have a wall around, soulbeast also has ports lately and can track you with the both smokescale smoke assult merged and unmerged versions. BD is only an optional choice, not very effective in general since they nerfed both it'duration and cd.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > > @"Syanur.2635" said:

> > > It's been on for so long. As D/P Thief, almost one of your main protection, and way to buy time is to stealth. But you cant even do this, because a Deadeye Thief can F1 Mark you AND full P/P 3rd skill if he casted before you end up in stealth. Same goes for longbow ranger. Why is this a thing ? Why does it not just stop the attack ? Your being put half HP without the possibility to do anything. This should not be.

> >

> > Dodge? Bandit defence? Shadowstep/Steal behind Enemy? Headshot or other CC to cancel it? This sounds like l2p issue.

>

> Meh, P/P thief is one thing, and there are ways to deal with it, as for lb ranger, their pew-pew is ridiculous... shadowstep range wont be able save you aginst it, you wont be able to inerrupt consistently because of the pet and only 900 range compared to their 1800+, their arrows has a curved trajectory and pierces which makes los pretty hard if you don't have a wall around, soulbeast also has ports lately and can track you with the both smokescale smoke assult merged and unmerged versions. BD is only an optional choice, not very effective in general since they nerfed both it'duration and cd.

Yeah p/p is piece of cake. Longbow druid gives me hard time tho. And for druid, rapid fire isnt the worst thing there.

> @"Syanur.2635" said:

So you essentially want to make thief even more broken to defend against rapid fire and thief p/p ... Yikes

With this kind of logic, you're perfectly fit for the current Anet balance team. Have at it!