I want DuoQ back

Tyga.7056

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

Do you really think leaderboard represents the true skills of player as it is now? Nice joke. Duoq is the only thing that could bring back atleast little fun to play casually since leaderboard lost any meaning (obviously cause of noobs getting carried with duoq kappa) in what's left from pvp.

> @"Elrond.9486" said:

> Blocking people from playing together in a multiplayer game is such a braindead move it's legitimately self-sabotage.

>

Can only second this. Also its a shame that part of that decision is voting of players that would never even be affected by that change since they not even above the rating threshold.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

It's not about climbing some dead leaderboard infested by bought titles and win-trading French guilds. It's about making the games bearable to play at high ranks.

I am consistently in the top 25 on both eu and na, I was legendary every season back in team queue and duo queue as well.

The ranking **means nothing** anymore. Just let me suffer with my friends instead of queuing into 1400 rated players when I'm legend.

> @"Shuriken.6738" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

> Do you really think leaderboard represents the true skills of player as it is now? Nice joke. Duoq is the only thing that could bring back atleast little fun to play casually since leaderboard lost any meaning (obviously cause of noobs getting carried with duoq kappa) in what's left from pvp.

>

> > @"Elrond.9486" said:

> > Blocking people from playing together in a multiplayer game is such a braindead move it's legitimately self-sabotage.

> >

> Can only second this. Also its a shame that part of that decision is voting of players that would never even be affected by that change since they not even above the rating threshold.

>

I do. Duo q is just going to have a bunch of carried randoms at the top

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Shuriken.6738" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

> > Do you really think leaderboard represents the true skills of player as it is now? Nice joke. Duoq is the only thing that could bring back atleast little fun to play casually since leaderboard lost any meaning (obviously cause of noobs getting carried with duoq kappa) in what's left from pvp.

> >

> > > @"Elrond.9486" said:

> > > Blocking people from playing together in a multiplayer game is such a braindead move it's legitimately self-sabotage.

> > >

> > Can only second this. Also its a shame that part of that decision is voting of players that would never even be affected by that change since they not even above the rating threshold.

> >

>

> I do. Duo q is just going to have a bunch of carried randoms at the top

There are already a bunch of random carried randoms at the top because of two reasons. Win-trading and unbalance. Few people care enough to re-roll to whatever flavor of the month build is at the top, while some abuse Condi mirage, Condi thief, boon beast etc.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

>

> It's not about climbing some dead leaderboard infested by bought titles and win-trading French guilds. It's about making the games bearable to play at high ranks.

> I am consistently in the top 25 on both eu and na, I was legendary every season back in team queue and duo queue as well.

>

> The ranking **means nothing** anymore. Just let me suffer with my friends instead of queuing into 1400 rated players when I'm legend.

If ranking means literally nothing then you might as well just play unranked with your friends. Don't tell me you are playing for the rewards :)

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

> >

> > It's not about climbing some dead leaderboard infested by bought titles and win-trading French guilds. It's about making the games bearable to play at high ranks.

> > I am consistently in the top 25 on both eu and na, I was legendary every season back in team queue and duo queue as well.

> >

> > The ranking **means nothing** anymore. Just let me suffer with my friends instead of queuing into 1400 rated players when I'm legend.

> If ranking means literally nothing then you might as well just play unranked with your friends. Don't tell me you are playing for the rewards :)

I do unranked games before I play ranked, with the occasional duo. I have close to 80% winrate. So even though I can play unranked, it's not going to be enjoyable for anyone winning 500-20 each game.

And no, I don't play for rewards, I don't really play at all anymore. It's just not worth it.

> I do unranked games before I play ranked, with the occasional duo. I have close to 80% winrate. So even though I can play unranked, it's not going to be enjoyable for anyone winning 500-20 each game.

> And no, I don't play for rewards, I don't really play at all anymore. It's just not worth it.

With 500-20 each game you'd be winning all ATs and ranked anyway. Team won't matter as you seem capable of carrying everyone. Glad you stopped playing; else we'd all have to consider another game.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > I do unranked games before I play ranked, with the occasional duo. I have close to 80% winrate. So even though I can play unranked, it's not going to be enjoyable for anyone winning 500-20 each game.

> > And no, I don't play for rewards, I don't really play at all anymore. It's just not worth it.

>

> With 500-20 each game you'd be winning all ATs and ranked anyway. Team won't matter as you seem capable of carrying everyone. Glad you stopped playing; else we'd all have to consider another game.

500-20 on almost every unranked game isn’t exactly a feat, the people who lurk in unranked are atrociously bad at the game.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > I do unranked games before I play ranked, with the occasional duo. I have close to 80% winrate. So even though I can play unranked, it's not going to be enjoyable for anyone winning 500-20 each game.

> > > And no, I don't play for rewards, I don't really play at all anymore. It's just not worth it.

> >

> > With 500-20 each game you'd be winning all ATs and ranked anyway. Team won't matter as you seem capable of carrying everyone. Glad you stopped playing; else we'd all have to consider another game.

>

> 500-20 on almost every unranked game isn’t exactly a feat, the people who lurk in unranked are atrociously bad at the game.

So you want ranked for better matchmaking. That better matchmaking is best in Solo queue mode as each player is treated on their own merit. This is exactly why unranked is not enjoyable as you have 5 friends rolling with voice chat. I'd rather make ranked better; hence Solo queue only please and remove duo queue altogether!

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > I do unranked games before I play ranked, with the occasional duo. I have close to 80% winrate. So even though I can play unranked, it's not going to be enjoyable for anyone winning 500-20 each game.

> > > > And no, I don't play for rewards, I don't really play at all anymore. It's just not worth it.

> > >

> > > With 500-20 each game you'd be winning all ATs and ranked anyway. Team won't matter as you seem capable of carrying everyone. Glad you stopped playing; else we'd all have to consider another game.

> >

> > 500-20 on almost every unranked game isn’t exactly a feat, the people who lurk in unranked are atrociously bad at the game.

>

> So you want ranked for better matchmaking. That better matchmaking is best in Solo queue mode as each player is treated on their own merit. This is exactly why unranked is not enjoyable as you have 5 friends rolling with voice chat. I'd rather make ranked better; hence Solo queue only please and remove duo queue altogether!

I personally think we should have Duo Que back because then we’d at least have a larger plyerbase in PvP to make matchmaking from which would give better teams. And one thing you, and others, seem to forget is that when you have a duo que in your match it’s one on each side with 3 solo players. Which isn’t that bad at all and doesn’t really affect the solo que players in any way.

When you start to run into problems is when +3 players on each team are in voip together because not only do you the solo player get fucked by the strategy of an enemy 3-4man due to the enhanced ability to team fight and rotate, but even having that on your own team can be detrimental since you have 0 idea what they’re doing. And unlike when everyone’s a solo que (or at least a majority is) they’re not typing in chat to at least give you a cursory idea of what they’re thinking of doing strategy wise.

If this were a perfect world I’d say have a purely solo que and an unrestricted team que where you could join as solo-5man, but I doubt we have the playerbase to get away with that. And having duo que all the way up would only help the game mode.

The argument for duo queue is simply based on acceptance to continue with a flawed system in favour of convenience to play an ageing game mode with a declining playerbase. I really hope some constructive improvements are made to this game mode instead.

Maybe, as a short term fix, exclude duo queue games from leaderboard placement. Also, reduce reward for duo queue participants. Choice is yours, play for leaderboard placement or enjoy ranked mode with friend.

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Shuriken.6738" said:

> > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > Noobs gonna get carried again. People that are meant to climb can climb without duo q

> > > Do you really think leaderboard represents the true skills of player as it is now? Nice joke. Duoq is the only thing that could bring back atleast little fun to play casually since leaderboard lost any meaning (obviously cause of noobs getting carried with duoq kappa) in what's left from pvp.

> > >

> > > > @"Elrond.9486" said:

> > > > Blocking people from playing together in a multiplayer game is such a braindead move it's legitimately self-sabotage.

> > > >

> > > Can only second this. Also its a shame that part of that decision is voting of players that would never even be affected by that change since they not even above the rating threshold.

> > >

> >

> > I do. Duo q is just going to have a bunch of carried randoms at the top

>

> There are already a bunch of random carried randoms at the top because of two reasons. Win-trading and unbalance. Few people care enough to re-roll to whatever flavor of the month build is at the top, while some abuse Condi mirage, Condi thief, boon beast etc.

I disagree. Win traders are finally getting banned. People do win trade, but people that win trade at the top are definitely getting caught. Are you talking about profession balance? That won't be stopped by duo q. It would be worse. People would duo q with imbalanced classes

> @"Tyga.7056" said:

> I feel like everyone who is against DuoQ can't read, its not even worth a discussion anymore

Thankfully we can read and disagree lol... I hope to never see duo q make a comeback, UNLESS the population heavily increases with good players

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Tyga.7056" said:

> > I feel like everyone who is against DuoQ can't read, its not even worth a discussion anymore

>

> Thankfully we can read and disagree lol... I hope to never see duo q make a comeback, UNLESS the population heavily increases with good players

Sad that that's not gonna be the case without DuoQ. The Arguments are all above.

give me a whisper then, idc. People Ended up in unrealistic ranks without DuoQ, so why would it matter with DuoQ. Anyone who values thesen ranked titles in the state of the game right now is having no clue of the current ranked situation. This here is all about having the fun we deserve. AT's are not an option for people tuning in and wanting to play pvp in the right moment. Unranked is a joke, I don't think I need to explain..... If there would be another option that I can play PvP, where people are tryharding with my friends whenever I want, I'd take it.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Tyga.7056" said:

> > I feel like everyone who is against DuoQ can't read, its not even worth a discussion anymore

>

> Thankfully we can read and disagree lol... I hope to never see duo q make a comeback, UNLESS the population heavily increases with good players

Good players will come back when duo q is back. As for training the less experienced players, coordinating and communicating with a friend who is also less experienced is how those 2 players both improve together. Figuring out the best duo comp to run, or the best opener rotations + game plan + what matchups are good for u and whats good for your partner to carry the hand you were dealt are all skills you learn playing with someone else in a TEAM GAME. Ranked is supposed to be the gateway to forming a team and doing ats. Duo turns to 3 then 4 then a team. Currently in solo, you mindlessly play a game with 0 structure or communication and maybe your pugs are good enough to carry or you just got dealt a bad hand and accept the loss. And whether you're playing a pugstomper build and farming kills all game, or playing a side node to 1vx all game and hope your 4 pugs are better than their 4 pugs its still not fun at the end of the day. Wins are not fun and they havent been. Maybe duo isn't the answer, who knows but something needs to change because ranked has been terrible and you can see the decline in player quality over the course of season 5 to 12.

I’m all for team play with groups but not with the current conquest maps. A duo is put at a serious advantage over a team that doesn’t with these maps which I think is inherently the problem.

Change the map types, add in group play that fosters a healthier play style.

> @"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Tyga.7056" said:

> > > I feel like everyone who is against DuoQ can't read, its not even worth a discussion anymore

> >

> > Thankfully we can read and disagree lol... I hope to never see duo q make a comeback, UNLESS the population heavily increases with good players

>

> Good players will come back when duo q is back. As for training the less experienced players, coordinating and communicating with a friend who is also less experienced is how those 2 players both improve together. Figuring out the best duo comp to run, or the best opener rotations + game plan + what matchups are good for u and whats good for your partner to carry the hand you were dealt are all skills you learn playing with someone else in a TEAM GAME. Ranked is supposed to be the gateway to forming a team and doing ats. Duo turns to 3 then 4 then a team. Currently in solo, you mindlessly play a game with 0 structure or communication and maybe your pugs are good enough to carry or you just got dealt a bad hand and accept the loss. And whether you're playing a pugstomper build and farming kills all game, or playing a side node to 1vx all game and hope your 4 pugs are better than their 4 pugs its still not fun at the end of the day. Wins are not fun and they havent been. Maybe duo isn't the answer, who knows but something needs to change because ranked has been terrible and you can see the decline in player quality over the course of season 5 to 12.

>

This pretty accurately sums it up. Solo Q is designed for anti-social people. Bring back Duo Q and if the anti-social people don't like it, there's a world of single-player games waiting for them. This is a MMO, we are here to play together not just against each other. When I'm playing with 100% pugs it's not fun, they're usually assholes who can't admit when they've done something wrong and adjust for the better, and frankly that makes me more of an asshole myself.

> @"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Tyga.7056" said:

> > > I feel like everyone who is against DuoQ can't read, its not even worth a discussion anymore

> >

> > Thankfully we can read and disagree lol... I hope to never see duo q make a comeback, UNLESS the population heavily increases with good players

>

> Good players will come back when duo q is back. As for training the less experienced players, coordinating and communicating with a friend who is also less experienced is how those 2 players both improve together. Figuring out the best duo comp to run, or the best opener rotations + game plan + what matchups are good for u and whats good for your partner to carry the hand you were dealt are all skills you learn playing with someone else in a TEAM GAME. Ranked is supposed to be the gateway to forming a team and doing ats. Duo turns to 3 then 4 then a team. Currently in solo, you mindlessly play a game with 0 structure or communication and maybe your pugs are good enough to carry or you just got dealt a bad hand and accept the loss. And whether you're playing a pugstomper build and farming kills all game, or playing a side node to 1vx all game and hope your 4 pugs are better than their 4 pugs its still not fun at the end of the day. Wins are not fun and they havent been. Maybe duo isn't the answer, who knows but something needs to change because ranked has been terrible and you can see the decline in player quality over the course of season 5 to 12.

>

Can't people achieve those things to a certain extent by playing unranked? We ended up with the current solo q form of ranked because ANet realized how much of a disadvantage a lot of people were with the old duo q ranked system. Even when we had duo q, a lot of good players were leaving. I don't feel like we'll have a lot of them come back if duo q was to make a return.

I don't think returning to the old duo q system is the answer. I don't know what the answer is either. Something does need to change. I honestly feel like some of the current issues may be due to past profession balance