Raising TP Cap to 20,000 gold

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > The cap should remain at 10k, that is more than enough gold for any one item, the problem here is that Chak egg sack should not be so rare that it's vavlue is over 10k, simple solution is make it less rare.

> Yeah, that. The solution isn't what the OP wants, it's "increase the drop rate of the chak egg sac until the price drops back to the level of 'still really expensive but not _that_ expensive'".

But is the 'drop rate' the issue? How is this item 3-4x more expensive than the Vial of Liquid Aurillium? My guess would be, a hella lot more people run the AB meta than TD, so you're going to see more of them in the market.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

>. Raising the cap changes people's perception of the markets and will push the asking prices higher. Given how rare these items are and how little there is for the richest players to spend on, it's entirely possible that they'd hit a new cap in a few months. That is likely a worse situation than we have now.

>

^

.|This. Seen it happen in two MMO's. Don't allow for problems in our TP to grow more by raising the cap. The rate of gold growth to the general casual players is not anywhere enough or ready for them to catch up.

One game I was in had reached a second TP cap of 4 Bill, and people started using Gem/AP items (each one would cost about $3 in real currency) as replacement currency in order to trade past the TP cap.... Screwed everyone over in the game other than the elitists and those willing to spend £300+ on the game each month to compete in pvp and pve.

Don't follow the mistakes of Shaiya and the OP hammer currency issues. Only took a year for things to begin to spiral out of hand, and then 5 years later the game was beyond fkkkdd. People would trade 20+ OP hammers (4 Billion ingame currency, per hammer) for a single piece of unlinked gear.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> But is the 'drop rate' the issue?

It's an issue, both the Aurillium and the Egg Sac are way to rare. They did a good job with the Gorseval infusion, making it both a rare drop but also obtainable though the event vendor in exchange for "map" currancy but then they screwed it up for the other infusions.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

>

> Many people have that much gold or more who did not buy it. There are various ways to make a lot of gold over time in this game.

Anet can raise the cap to 20K for him, but in return we need a 'luxury tax' in the game at scale from the existing 10K @ 2% to 20K @ 50% base on the final sold price for anything over 10K.

The collected tax is handed out to the 99% of the population, giving players 1 extra gold for completing a 4th daily activity. :3

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

> >

> > Many people have that much gold or more who did not buy it. There are various ways to make a lot of gold over time in this game.

>

> Anet can raise the cap to 20K for him, but in return we need a 'luxury tax' in the game at scale from the existing 10K @ 2% to 20K @ 50% base on the final sold price for anything over 10K.

> The collected tax is handed out to the 99% of the population, giving players 1 extra gold for completing a 4th daily activity. :3

In this scenario, people would keep trading it outside the TP, just like they do now.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

> > >

> > > Many people have that much gold or more who did not buy it. There are various ways to make a lot of gold over time in this game.

> >

> > Anet can raise the cap to 20K for him, but in return we need a 'luxury tax' in the game at scale from the existing 10K @ 2% to 20K @ 50% base on the final sold price for anything over 10K.

> > The collected tax is handed out to the 99% of the population, giving players 1 extra gold for completing a 4th daily activity. :3

>

> In this scenario, people would keep trading it outside the TP, just like they do now.

which defeats the purpose of OP's demand then :lol: he can just do 1 on 1 trading outside of TP to get max profit from his chak sac while pocketing the TP tax

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

> > > >

> > > > Many people have that much gold or more who did not buy it. There are various ways to make a lot of gold over time in this game.

> > >

> > > Anet can raise the cap to 20K for him, but in return we need a 'luxury tax' in the game at scale from the existing 10K @ 2% to 20K @ 50% base on the final sold price for anything over 10K.

> > > The collected tax is handed out to the 99% of the population, giving players 1 extra gold for completing a 4th daily activity. :3

> >

> > In this scenario, people would keep trading it outside the TP, just like they do now.

>

> which defeats the purpose of OP's demand then :lol: he can just do 1 on 1 trading outside of TP to get max profit from his chak sac while pocketing the TP tax

I think more players would trade it via TP, if they could list it for 20k gold because they are willing to pay the 3k gold in fees but they wouldnt do it, if they had to pay another 5k gold of luxury tax

> > @"Wanze.8410" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

> > > >

> > > > Many people have that much gold or more who did not buy it. There are various ways to make a lot of gold over time in this game.

> > >

> > > Anet can raise the cap to 20K for him, but in return we need a 'luxury tax' in the game at scale from the existing 10K @ 2% to 20K @ 50% base on the final sold price for anything over 10K.

> > > The collected tax is handed out to the 99% of the population, giving players 1 extra gold for completing a 4th daily activity. :3

> >

> > In this scenario, people would keep trading it outside the TP, just like they do now.

>

> which defeats the purpose of OP's demand then :lol: he can just do 1 on 1 trading outside of TP to get max profit from his chak sac while pocketing the TP tax

Anet doesn't protect trading outside of TP.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> Literally not a large enough problem to consider.

Actually it is, there are items in this game that Anet have put in that have a crazy low drop rate, ( im actually convinced that the only people who get them are people who Anet had pick for it ) alas with the insane low drop rate, they never see the market at all, which means that 99.99% of the players will never even know the item exists as everyone of them is taken off market and sold in the black market ( or on reddit for those who know ) for insane prices. By going via reddit you are avoiding all the taxes the game would remove, and further pushing the prices skyward, as they become rarer and rarer items,

I figure the 10k limit was put in place when the game started as 10k was a lot of gold and no one had it, but 5 nearly 6 years later many people have several thousand gold, therefore the limit should be raised, it may also bring some items up in price that are lower than they should be at the moment, and lower others as people will see the on the market again.

20-25k limit could work with a review in a couple of years.

Imagine if Ecto or Powerful Blood wasn't listed on the TP and only sold via reddit!!!! would you have the same opinion as its not a large enough problem.

> @"Ok I Did It.2854" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > Literally not a large enough problem to consider.

>

> Actually it is, there are items in this game that Anet have put in that have a crazy low drop rate, alas with the insane low drop rate, they never see the market at all,

There are exactly two items that fit that criteria: the chak egg sac and the confetti infusion. (The chak infusion is derived from the sac.)

> ( im actually convinced that the only people who get them are people who Anet had pick for it )

Except there's zero evidence of that. On the contrary, there's a reasonable history of people selling on the gray market and implied trade counts on GW2 BLTC, supporting the simpler theory that it's random.

> which means that 99.99% of the players will never even know the item exists as everyone of them is taken off market and sold in the black market ( or on reddit for those who know ) for insane prices. By going via reddit you are avoiding all the taxes the game would remove, and further pushing the prices skyward, as they become rarer and rarer items,

Raising the cap won't change that. In fact, it will make it harder still, because the current cap anchors the price at 10k psychologically. Double the cap and folks will be paying double on the TP in a short period, and more still on the gray market.

(FYI it's a "gray" not black market, because ANet doesn't say you can't do it. The "reddit" market is the same as the gray market.)

> I figure the 10k limit was put in place when the game started as 10k was a lot of gold and no one had it, but 5 nearly 6 years later many people have several thousand gold,

Sure, that is at least one of the reasons.

> therefore the limit should be raised,

That doesn't follow. All we know is that one of the original reasons no longer applies.

> it may also bring some items up in price that are lower than they should be at the moment,

"should be"? Who decides what prices an item should be?

But again, it affects on two items right now.

> and lower others as people will see the on the market again.

It won't drive prices down in the long run for anything else (it might in the short term as the people who can get to 20k might be tempted to sell at lower prices, but that effect won't last)

> Imagine if Ecto or Powerful Blood wasn't listed on the TP and only sold via reddit!!!! would you have the same opinion as its not a large enough problem.

Imagine if ecto or powerful blood wasn't required for any recipes, would it matter?

Ecto & Powerful blood aren't being sold on the gray market because the TP handles them just fine. The supply is plentiful, the demand is predictable, and the prices are not affected by the cap.

• 1 year later...

> @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

Don’t forget we are in fashion wars 2, the whole game is financed by visual effects ;)

> @"Dayra.7405" said:

> > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

>

> Don’t forget we are in fashion wars 2, the whole game is financed by visual effects ;)

>

Pretty much this... and Anet needs the money!

> @"amidare.9561" said:

> Anet should simply ban for trading outside of game. There would be no need to raise any cap.

They do ban for trading outside of the game. Trading within the game isn't bannable and should not be bannable.

> @"Tammuz.7361" said:

> > @"Dayra.7405" said:

> > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > I wonder how many players have 20k gold who didnt spend money to buy it from the TP... Ludicrous. Also its the first time I heard of that item, hard to believe players would spend that much gold for it when it does absolutely nothing but visual effects.

> >

> > Don’t forget we are in fashion wars 2, the whole game is financed by visual effects ;)

> >

>

> Pretty much this... and Anet needs the money!

Getting 20K+ gold is manageable. Just because some people are not capable of making that much in the game doesn't mean that others who are did so through the gemstore. If someone spent roughly two hours a a day for a year farming Dragonfall, they'd have 20K. Even less per day if you spread that out since the game launched. Players don't have much gold in this game because they spend spend spend or just don't care enough about it to farm that much.

or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

Or maybe they want them to be worth more. There's nothing that says that the price of all items need to be capped at the price of a legendary.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

>

> Or maybe they want them to be worth more. There's nothing that says that the price of all items need to be capped at the price of a legendary.

or maybe Its called an opinion? I dont think any item should be so rare that it literally cant be bought on the TP because the prices are so high you cant even ask for them. Maybe anet thinks different, makes no sense to me why they would want to force players to use other means to obtain an item though.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

> >

> > Or maybe they want them to be worth more. There's nothing that says that the price of all items need to be capped at the price of a legendary.

>

> or maybe Its called an opinion? I dont think any item should be so rare that it literally cant be bought on the TP because the prices are so high you cant even ask for them. Maybe anet thinks different, makes no sense to me why they would want to force players to use other means to obtain an item though.

The why not raise the cap?

I'm okay with the max price being 10k in the TP and will try in my best to explain why in the second paragraph. Honestly, I'd rather just see drop rates be increased or to have the items added onto their respective map vendors with a large amount purchase (Like the Chak Egg Sac be added to the Nuhoch Vendor and having it cost something like 5,000 ley line crystals, 10,000 unbound magic and 50g) to still make it a challenge to get so if someone wants to sell they can and make a decent profit but we are not solely relying on RNJesus to get it nor being tempt to do a RMT to get the item. In a way that would make the most sense to me to add it to the vendor as it would be a small way to be able to keep the map alive longer as we get further away down story lane.

If they raised the TP limit, the most natural thing that would happen would be everyone would pull all of their sells down and relist. Those that aren't quick enough to do such things will see their stuff get bought out by the richest players in game and relisted at a higher price. If you think that Chak Egg Sac was expensive now? Well just imagine it sitting yet again out of your reach at 20k. The whole pricing of everything would flux out of control for months and possibly years as we players try and decide what an item is worth again and items that were once relatively cheap at 30 copper could suddenly see themselves becoming 5 gold or more. A good example would be Grow Lamps. Not needed for much, sits at around 35g on the TP so reasonable in an area to obtain if going after the skyscale and not wanting to make your own. Now GW2BLTC tells me there's about 150 of the Grow Lamps on the TP right now. If I was a rich player and had the gold, I could reasonably buy out the entire stock of those and set the price to a price I want. Say 1k gold. With the way the system is set up, no one knows it's me, sellers aren't listed. So people won't see that it's me with the listings, just that the price is 1k. Of course I wouldn't put it all in one spot. 5 would be at 1k, a few higher than that, etc to entice people to go okay 1k isn't that bad since this other one is 1.5k.

The people making the lamps will go to list them and naturally go, I can dig this and list. They won't do the buy order, why when they could sell it for 1k? And in that simple move, I not only screwed up the pricing of Grow Lamps that will take months to sort out, I would have also disrupted the price of the parts to make it as well because people would be buying up those mats to make more lamps to reap a profit. Thus we now have a market that is in shambles and will take a while to recover.

With that 10k limit, it helps limit our crazy selves. It gives us an easier baseline to figure out what is a fair price. Remember the Superior Sigil of Nullification? Sat at around 2 silver for awhile till Sept 10, 2018 rolled up, said hi you're need for something and the price immediately jumped to 13g. Now it's down to around 1 gold because our knees stopped jerking. The same thing happened to cooking with it being updated to 500 and lord Jewelry making is gonna have the same response when it gets that 500 update.

So in essence, I'd rather advocate for a drop increase or my suggestion of adding items of rareness to the map vendors, than seeing another fiasco with WoW's auction house where something that was supposed to be somewhat obtainable suddenly isn't because we are crazy little creatures.

Edit: unbound magic, forgot volatile is POF not HOT

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > or...they could make these items have a drop rate thats decent so they wont be more expensive than a single Eternity, an actual legendary item. if they want infusions to be legendary they should have a drop rate that makes the going price the same as the average legendary price on the market. Hell they could even make them have a drop rate that would average a tier 2 legendary.

>

> Or maybe they want them to be worth more. There's nothing that says that the price of all items need to be capped at the price of a legendary.

If they wanted them to be worth more than 10k, they _would_ have raised the TP cap.

Regardless, the current method of capping TP at 10k is hurting economy, hurting people who both want to buy (and have to wait in queue to purchase) as well as sell (and cant get the more than 10k its worth) the infusion; finally its hurting anet gem sales since there are people who would buy gems to convert gold to buy the infusions if they could.

Everyone may joke about fassion wars, but Anet really REALLY needs the money (see layoffs earlier this year), and this is whats keeping the game alive while not being PTW.