WvW should have the same build system as sPvP.

eley crey.2905

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one of these threads. WvW'ers minds wont change so why even keep bringing it up?

PvP is in a worse state imo than WvW so why would anyone want to bring that to WvW? I hate how restrictive the build diversity is in PvP. I have a feeling if I mentioned the opposite in the PvP forum I would get similar amount of "No's" (To get rid of the ammy/sigil system and to allow food and utilities).

This topic has been beaten to death and back. Powercreep has nothing to do with it. Its restricting the freedom of WvW, the build diversity/creativity and the atmosphere. If the suggestion is meant to get PvP people into WvW, then even more of a No Way. Why should WvWers bend backwards for them?

If its because you are bored with PvP, go post suggestions for other modes/maps in the PvP forum.

If you are bored with WvW, then go PvP/PvE/Raid...etc or take a break :p

> @"GwAddict.9746" said:

> Instead of taking the sPvP amulet system, **_just adjust everyone's gear (who are in ascended) to exotic level while in WvW_** just like in sPvP and stats from infusions shouldn't count in WvW IMO.

>

> For example, if player A is wearing full exotic zerker gear while player B is wearing full ascended zerker gear (with or without infusions) they'd have same stats. This way you can mix other stat individual pieces as well keep the power creep level to minimum. Also helps in normalizing stats since exotic is dirt cheap to acquire.

Let's punish players that play more? And making WvW infusions not work in WvW?!?!?! No, this whole argument is just ridiculous. sPvP failed as an eSport, so let's bring sPvP things to WvW? No thank you.

Here's a thought, why not add the pvp gear system to eotm?

It's not part of the mist war

It doesn't contribute to war score

You can't get pips in eotm

People complain it's dead

They could probably reconfigure it so teams could be distributed with more even numbers allowing a fairer team based pvp scenario (that can't be achieved in a bl or ebg) while keeping the ppt capabilities and the achievements associated with that map.

If it's wanted by a good portion of players, then EOTM would be the place to implement it, but not regular wvw.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> Here's a thought, why not add the pvp gear system to eotm?

>

> It's not part of the mist war

>

> It doesn't contribute to war score

>

> You can't get pips in eotm

>

> People complain it's dead

>

> They could probably reconfigure it so teams could be distributed with more even numbers allowing a fairer team based pvp scenario (that can't be achieved in a bl or ebg) while keeping the ppt capabilities and the achievements associated with that map.

>

> If it's wanted by a good portion of players, then EOTM would be the place to implement it, but not regular wvw.

>

>

I like this. Then only people who play for the sake of playing will join and those who just want rewards can keep them in core wvw. Maybe it would be nice to remove all objectives and the only thing that would matter is KDR. I'd play that.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > 1st, I know 100% balance is impossible,(ive worked in a game project in the past) but things can work smoothly if balance team was anything decent or good.

>

> Balance is 100 percent possible if there is zero asymmetry. So imagine a game where every player has the exact same stats, the same tools, the same movesets the same exact everything. Build wise that would be a completely balanced game. But it would also be boring because humans enjoy variety. Unfortunately in order to introduce variety into a game the developers also have to introduce asymmetries. The more variety they introduce the more asymmetries they introduce the harder it becomes to balance them all against one another. Thus game complexity/variety/diversity are the natural antagonists of game balance.

Congratulations. You just contradicted this statement of yours and your previous ones.

> @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> WvW and sPvP are two different and separate game modes, so no. Using the "it's in the mists logic", we should just go ahead and add pips and war score to anything that's "misty". Nope.

>

> Why would you want this?

The only bonus I see from it is the removal of time gated or heavily funded gear such as Celestial

> @"aceofbass.2163" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > 1st, I know 100% balance is impossible,(ive worked in a game project in the past) but things can work smoothly if balance team was anything decent or good.

> >

> > Balance is 100 percent possible if there is zero asymmetry. So imagine a game where every player has the exact same stats, the same tools, the same movesets the same exact everything. Build wise that would be a completely balanced game. But it would also be boring because humans enjoy variety. Unfortunately in order to introduce variety into a game the developers also have to introduce asymmetries. The more variety they introduce the more asymmetries they introduce the harder it becomes to balance them all against one another. Thus game complexity/variety/diversity are the natural antagonists of game balance.

>

> Congratulations. You just contradicted this statement of yours and your previous ones.

>

>

Wut

I have gotten 2 full legendary armor sets from wvw, not to mention 8 legendary weapons, 1 legendary backpiece, and Aurora earing and I would still be happy to have every piece or gear stat swappable through the UI. It doesn't have to be exactly like spvp with limited stats. We can have full stats implemented like we have now. Its just that every sigil, rune, infusion, armor, weapon, trinkets would be stat swappable. This could pave the way for build templates to be easier to put in the game. Imagine where players could ping there builds to other players and click load/save and they were set to go in seconds. Commanders could ask squad players to run builds by pinging them in squad chat. Everyone on equal playing terms.

> @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> PvP was balanced around five man units and balance is still bad. I don't see them being able to do any better trying to implement that system where any number of people square off. Its a pipe dream. Leave it as it is and leave resources dedicated to alliances and then (hopefully) replacing the DBL.

>

(OFFTOPIC)

Even ignoring the bug, assuming DBL had not bugs, DBL is still to much for this game.

Game is way to empty just about stack aoe n' spam, DBL would fit in a more complete mmo with lot more mechanics.

Same with EOTM has much i hate that map.. it would work well, in another game.