Should Portal Be Giving to Other Classes?

Deified.7520

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Warrior new Elite:

> >

> > Toss Ally to target.

> >

> > :D

>

> Do we toss Asuran's 1500 range?

Nah, but they can be dual-wielded to throw two at once whereas other races need both hands to toss.

Anet will copy pasta every skills to every class like the weapons, just like they did with guardian traps.... necro portal.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> Id love an Wurm Hole Portal for engi’s! Or a portable portal!

That makes way way way more sense than actually a scourge can portal 10 players.... but well... Anet so expect more portal, more aoae, more powercreep to make scrubs and casuals get into the next easy gimmick classes.

> @"Deified.7520" said:

> Portal Abilities can be exceptionally strong when used correctly. They can be a great benefit to the team or other players in certain situations.

>

> Do you think more classes should have the ability to create portals that allies can travel through?

>

> With some exceptions of course.

>

> For example, maybe one in each armor weight class. They can be steered to the least played classes (Reveannt and Engineer) and each are unique in their own rite and be tied to an elite spec.

>

> Revenant - Some kind of mistwalker spec where the user can create a portal that is only one way. Perhaps users gain stability and/or protection upon exit.

>

> Engineer - Has to build each side of the portal using some kind of special mechanic (like picking up scrap during battles). The portals can be destroyed, but also repaired using toolkit.

>

> Each has the same limited uses as the last.

Sure an engineer elite gadget portal would work. While you're at it, give me a beer, southern accent, and a silly hat.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> I think alacrity should be given to maybe firebrand too, just in general more support options is good for the game I think. Druid and Chrono have a bit of a support monopoly right now.

Why mention firebrand without renegade against chrono+druid?

Anyway chaos chrono is Completely Fine. I don't want it nerfed down to others' level like the dps slots for no good reason tbh. There's definitely some niche builds for supports as well, there's just not many reasons to try and spend money on those.

> @"Incurve Giidis.7829" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > I think alacrity should be given to maybe firebrand too, just in general more support options is good for the game I think. Druid and Chrono have a bit of a support monopoly right now.

>

> Why mention firebrand without renegade against chrono+druid?

>

> Anyway chaos chrono is Completely Fine. I don't want it nerfed down to others' level like the dps slots for no good reason tbh. There's definitely some niche builds for supports as well, there's just not many reasons to try and spend money on those.

Firebrand because it has lots of quickness but not many other niches for support in PvE. In general I just wish there was more PvE support options other than Chrono and Druid, guardian seems so themed to be support but isn't used for it in PvE content.

• 3 weeks later...

Id LOVE to have some form of portal or "transportation" device on my Engineer.

In the story there are already a ton of portals being constructed by engineers so it makes sense.

Or maybe give them a "unique mount" for the elite slot. Like a steampunk motorcycle where some friends can jump up on 1-2 sidewagons.

GIMMIE.