New Hairstyles/ Cosmetic options soon?

It's been awhile since we've had an update for all races. Humans having gotten the largest in regards to istan.

I know it's not entirely important, but something new for sylvari, charr, norn and asura would be great.

Such as: new ears, body types, markings, faces and hairstyles for Asura

New body types, tattoos, faces and hairstyles for Norn

New fur patterns, hair & Faces for Charr

Combine sylvari male and female hairstyles and create 1 new unique one for each. New faces and body types.

Long hair for asuran, sylvari and humans. More european styled hair for humans. Long braids, curls and better mohawks. Better beards please.

Curly hair for Norn, more cultural styled hairstyles/ nordic. Runic tattoos.

Each major update I look for something cosmetic that isn't recycled. Making my character look unique is about 50% of why I enjoy GW2. The other 50% is everything else (except pvp :c) No, the customization options aren't as great as other mmos but it can be. It can also be unique.

Hopefully, future updates will bring us joy as far as character customization goes.

I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

> @"Wyldchild.8706" said:

> I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

>

> In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

I entirely misread your suggestion about dandelions, and couldn't figure out why it would be the equivalent of an afro.

I thought you meant this:

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/DandelionFlower.jpg "")

rather than this:

![](https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/TaraxacumOfficinaleSeed.JPG "")

It confused me for a moment.

> @"Wyldchild.8706" said:

> I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

>

> In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

Yes, please..also have you ever noticed that one of the sylvari in the loading screen of the grove has a short ponytail? Such a Hairstyle does not exist ingame....

also i would like to see some sort of flytrap hairstyle.... <3

More Norn tattos / hairstyles, more Charr horns / hairstyles (yes i know they got some new horns, but still more is better),

long hair for female asura (and other hairstyles fo asura)... <3

and out of the topic: some more cultural based outfits like cook outfit / wedding attire outfit and common clothing outfit, i like how they changed when you wear them with another race.... ;)

> @"Hibiskus.8294" said:

> > @"Wyldchild.8706" said:

> > I want a sylvari face that's just a plank of wood!

> >

> > In all seriousness I'd love to see a sylvari dandelion hairstyle where the ends of the tips glow (the equivalent of an afro). And another neat one would be a bunch of tiny and semi large mushrooms sprouting from their head where the undersides of each glow.

>

> Yes, please..also have you ever noticed that one of the sylvari in the loading screen of the grove has a short ponytail? Such a Hairstyle does not exist ingame....

> also i would like to see some sort of flytrap hairstyle.... <3

>

> More Norn tattos / hairstyles, more Charr horns / hairstyles (yes i know they got some new horns, but still more is better),

> long hair for female asura (and other hairstyles fo asura)... <3

>

> and out of the topic: some more cultural based outfits like cook outfit / wedding attire outfit and common clothing outfit, i like how they changed when you wear them with another race.... ;)

At the start of the game, you could adjust characters hair length. It could of been a product of that?

And yes +1

> @"ZerotheFang.5890" said:

> really want more norn tattos but more just leg, arm, back options without face ones.

I'm still annoyed that the one tattoo design I wanted for my female norn comes with warpaint on the face. (Eir's tattoos.) I keep staring enviously at this early render, where the female norn very clearly has Eir's tattoos...WITHOUT the face paint. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2009_December_norn_01.jpg

...and guys get much better tattoo designs than the ladies. :( I wish male and female norns has the same tattoo options (with, perhaps, minor differences for the tattoos that cover the chest region, for obvious reasons...)

So, yes. More tattoo options - that cover a lot of the body but NOT the face - would be amazing.

There is still so many hairstyles for humans that are still locked to only NPCs, :angry:!

I would love to see these regular hairstyles update we used to have before, I miss them and we could be needing new ones for all the races. :)

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> > @"ZerotheFang.5890" said:

> > really want more norn tattos but more just leg, arm, back options without face ones.

>

> I'm still annoyed that the one tattoo design I wanted for my female norn comes with warpaint on the face. (Eir's tattoos.) I keep staring enviously at this early render, where the female norn very clearly has Eir's tattoos...WITHOUT the face paint. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:2009_December_norn_01.jpg

> ...and guys get much better tattoo designs than the ladies. :( I wish male and female norns has the same tattoo options (with, perhaps, minor differences for the tattoos that cover the chest region, for obvious reasons...)

>

> So, yes. More tattoo options - that cover a lot of the body but NOT the face - would be amazing.

This 1000x

An option for tattooed bodies to have either a tattooed face or not, even mixing them!

Maybe I want a red face paint AND Sleeves???

Speaking of long hair for Asura - I would love a hair style based off of Macha's from the Sea of Sorrow's book.

From the wiki: She was described as having a thickly braided loop of leather on the top of her head that held back orange, green, blue, and pink-dyed braids that went down her back and over her shoulder.

Highly doubt so many color options would ever be available but the style itself has always sounded so nice to me.

(I would also love to have the longest female norn braid option for asura too but I can only dream that. xD )

Despite the update for Humans with PoF, and Charr with LW4 EP2, the last face update for all races was a 3 years ago, and the last hair update was 2 years ago. Definitely a long overdue update for Norn, Sylvari, and Asura! I'd love to see some of the styles people came up with back on the old Race sub-categories on the old forums, or similar ones, come into the game.

> @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> Braided hairstyles for Norn plz!!! The existing humans would do!

> And antler inspired horns for charr!!)

I'm not sure if you have a specific braided hairstyle in mind, but female Norn have three variations of Jora's braid from GW1 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Exclusive_norn). Two of which are longer. As for Charr horns, with the LW4 Episode 2 update, Charr were given multiple new horn options, two of which are very antler/ram horn inspired (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Charr).

> @"Musaroxy.2874" said:

> > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > Braided hairstyles for Norn plz!!! The existing humans would do!

> > And antler inspired horns for charr!!)

>

> I'm not sure if you have a specific braided hairstyle in mind, but female Norn have three variations of Jora's braid from GW1 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Exclusive_norn). Two of which are longer. As for Charr horns, with the LW4 Episode 2 update, Charr were given multiple new horn options, two of which are very antler/ram horn inspired (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Charr).

I'm thinking afro-braided, like the New Elonian human hairstyles.

And for charr horns i'm wishing for deer-antler like...

> @"Fraghound.5730" said:

> Speaking of long hair for Asura - I would love a hair style based off of Macha's from the Sea of Sorrow's book.

> From the wiki: She was described as having a thickly braided loop of leather on the top of her head that held back orange, green, blue, and pink-dyed braids that went down her back and over her shoulder.

>

> Highly doubt so many color options would ever be available but the style itself has always sounded so nice to me.

> (I would also love to have the longest female norn braid option for asura too but I can only dream that. xD )

That sounds like it could be amazing brought ti life

• 2 months later...

the asura female hairstyles are really far out there. some were asymmetrically ugly. others had excessive accessories like the beehive one with the bow and hairpin and the leia styled one. the shaved sided ones were extremely ugly and ruined the long hair styled one. imo- only the french braided and high set pigtails, the long ponytail with frontal pigtails, the high set ponytail with the bow, leia styled one, and the chun-li styled with the 2 top buns were descent