Idea to counter supply wasting trolls

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> so i claim something and then block you from taking stuff, because i dont like you

> not helpful

There are more people/guilds willing to help a server than not - a troll won't always get to claim the objective so I can see it helping more than having it happen randomly. There can also be checks to see if a person has been flagged on other guild block roster too if they choose to implement it. It will almost be like reputation in a way. Many people can already identify their server trolls.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > so i claim something and then block you from taking stuff, because i dont like you

> > not helpful

> There are more people/guilds willing to help a server than not - a troll won't always get to claim the objective so I can see it helping more than having it happen randomly. There can also be checks to see if a person has been flagged on other guild block roster too if they choose to implement it. It will almost be like reputation in a way. Many people can already identify their server trolls.

>

there are also more ppl/guilds willing to help a server than not as it is right now and only few to do no good with it...and yet we talk about ideas on how to change that, its not that hard to claim stuff thats important when smallscaling for example, and thats when it matters that you, the person i dont like, cant take stuff out of that objective

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > so i claim something and then block you from taking stuff, because i dont like you

> > > not helpful

> > There are more people/guilds willing to help a server than not - a troll won't always get to claim the objective so I can see it helping more than having it happen randomly. There can also be checks to see if a person has been flagged on other guild block roster too if they choose to implement it. It will almost be like reputation in a way. Many people can already identify their server trolls.

> >

>

> there are also more ppl/guilds willing to help a server than not as it is right now and only few to do no good with it...and yet we talk about ideas on how to change that, its not that hard to claim stuff thats important when smallscaling for example, and thats when it matters that you, the person i dont like, cant take stuff out of that objective

So which methods would you propose?

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

>

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > f2p is not the problem - it's the mindset of the troll that is the problem. They will just find whichever manner possible to do it from whether f2p or not. I still think the suggestion of some sort of log that you can check from the camp/tower/keep icon which enables the guild who controls it to block any further access from the offending person for a specific duration of time or permanently from using that guilds tactivators would be effective enough. We also need an auto echo into /t chat for any ewp being pulled so it auto links wp there like:

> >

> > *** **nickname** has pulled ewp@_location_border_ [waypoint_link]

> >

> > You could do other stuff for like chilling fog, but imo only ewp should only need it as it is the most important one. The only thing I would add is that the blocking of offending user would block them from using the other tactics loaded by that particular guild too.

> >

>

> so i claim something and then block you from taking stuff, because i dont like you

> not helpful

>

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I find that these "trolls" are actually new players just trying to work out what everything does...

> >

> > Few examples from myself when I was new and from what still happens now:

> > - Saw a golem, took it for a joy ride, pressed buttons and killed myself jumping from SM thining that I would have survived.

> > - Saw a golem, tried to take on a zerg with it.

> > - Saw a Golem, tried to roam in it and flip camps with it

> > - saw that walls were low, used supply to repair walls without realizing upgrades would fix them or that a treb was hitting it.

> > - seeing build sites and thinking I should build that

> > - Building siege stuff like cannons and oil

> > - putting build sites down thinking it was helpful then building it

> > - when tactivators were introduced, I pulled as many as possible to see what they did.

> > - Claiming objectives with guild aura 1 (I just found out this is a big no no, apparently I should stick to camps rather than taking and claiming enemy towers on borderlands)

> > - building Omegas trying to defend against small zergs (I find it helpful to get on the walls and pewpew the rams down) but this is supply wastage apparently.

> >

> > There's heaps of situations where the player might not know any better, but there could also be trolls. My guess is that just like terrorism, a few bad apples automatically made the rest look bad.

>

> sure, happens, all of us did some stupid mistakes when we started, but ive seen ppl using emergency waypoint on cd and even admitting that they did it because they were unhapy with the server and how we (the server) plays the matches and that apparently " the commanders wouldnt try to defend anyways" there is some weird logic behind some ppls actions

Oh is this that GoM hates CD thing I've heard about?

I just transferred back to GoM with some guildies and met some pretty cool CD people that were sayin somethin along those lines

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> Players under level 200 in WvW have a time limit on how fast they can resup in a structure. It doesn't even have to be a long timer to effectively slow supply drain.

everything that limits new players that want to get into wvw is a bad idea. period

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > Players under level 200 in WvW have a time limit on how fast they can resup in a structure. It doesn't even have to be a long timer to effectively slow supply drain.

>

> everything that limits new players that want to get into wvw is a bad idea. period

I agree

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > Players under level 200 in WvW have a time limit on how fast they can resup in a structure. It doesn't even have to be a long timer to effectively slow supply drain.

>

> everything that limits new players that want to get into wvw is a bad idea. period

theres going to have to be a compromise somewhere. maybe under lvl 50? 50 lvls really isnt that hard to get.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > Players under level 200 in WvW have a time limit on how fast they can resup in a structure. It doesn't even have to be a long timer to effectively slow supply drain.

> >

> > everything that limits new players that want to get into wvw is a bad idea. period

>

> theres going to have to be a compromise somewhere. maybe under lvl 50? 50 lvls really isnt that hard to get.

There really doesn't have to be a compromise. It's a 'gnat' problem. It's annoying but really doesn't do anything.

People will do it. My server uses it as an early warning against the servers that do it the most.

Trolls will always find a new way to troll.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > > Players under level 200 in WvW have a time limit on how fast they can resup in a structure. It doesn't even have to be a long timer to effectively slow supply drain.

> >

> > everything that limits new players that want to get into wvw is a bad idea. period

>

> theres going to have to be a compromise somewhere. maybe under lvl 50? 50 lvls really isnt that hard to get.

no even high ranked ppl will get fed up and troll their server, and the spy thing should be addressed another way, best thing would be to let lower lv accounts on another server as a main account be unable to do stuff in wvw

for example when you have your main somewhere your second account cant do stuff on another server, but thats not rly a thing trey would do i guess