Please Allow Flesh Golem in Water

Not sure if there's a better section for this, but I didn't see a "Suggetions" sub-forum.

But yeah...it's annoying to have my necro's Flesh Golem disappear every time I step foot in water. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a 48 second recast period. All the other necro summons are allowed in the water. Why not the Flesh Golem?

Or could we at least not have a timer if it gets despawned because of water? I find myself not wanting to get near water on my necro just to avoid the inconvenience lol.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > Seeing that the other minions can swim as well, the question why the flesh golem should not be able to swim arises.

> > It's not like it would drown or something :p

>

> Because of poor bouyancy

...but bouyancy increases as the volume increases...?

Flesh golem is huge lump of... well, flesh. As long as it doesn't have metal bones, I suppose it should stay afloat, just as most corpses do.

Edit: Heck, we are even able to swim in full plate armor! :p

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > Seeing that the other minions can swim as well, the question why the flesh golem should not be able to swim arises.

> > > It's not like it would drown or something :p

> >

> > Because of poor bouyancy

>

> ...but bouyancy increases as the volume increases...?

> Flesh golem is huge lump of... well, flesh. As long as it doesn't have metal bones, I suppose it should stay afloat, just as most corpses do.

>

> Edit: Heck, we are even able to swim in full plate armor! :p

Explaining why would delve a lot more into biology and cadavers then I'd like.... but the short version is humans aren't normally that buoyant, and decomposing bodies have a lot gas in them.

The real reason is the animation sets. Bone and Jagged Minions use Skale animation sets, Bone Fiend is Devourer (which is amphibious per Ranger pets), and the Shadow fiend doesn't have one. The Flesh Golem I believe is based on the Ogres..... and I've yet to see them swim.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > My guess is it has to do with that charge ability and animation. :/

>

> Probably, which is why some people suggested changing the golem into a shark underwater.

Our very own undead shark, complete with unaligned hitboxes...? Count me in!

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> Explaining why would delve a lot more into biology and cadavers then I'd like.... but the short version is humans aren't normally that buoyant, and decomposing bodies have a lot gas in them.

>

> The real reason is the animation sets. Bone and Jagged Minions use Skale animation sets, Bone Fiend is Devourer (which is amphibious per Ranger pets), and the Shadow fiend doesn't have one. The Flesh Golem I believe is based on the Ogres..... and I've yet to see them swim.

Very enlightening!

Considering not one of the scourge skills are allowed in water, it's possible that necros are the most limited in terms of water skill availability, but they are certainty not the most incaple of damage underwater as a result of these limits.

I'm not sure if Bone minion should be available, or even how it could work if it were available in water, but it shouldn't have a CD if it's active when you jump in a pool of water that it can't survive in. At the very least, it should have a stow button when players want to kill it before jumping in water. Note: It's been awhile since I used BM, so I'm not sure if the CD transfers to the chosen underwater skill.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> Yup, one of my most annoying bugs with maining a necro. This is basically a fix that should have been done with the underwater patch that for some reason was skipped.

>

> ANet, please fix this.

It really does seem like a simple QoL fix. I'm no programmer though so I could be wrong. It would be awesome if we were given a reason from ANet as to why this goes unfixed.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Pretty sure anet have indeed said they will be working on it, but couldn't make it in time for the underwater update.

I understand delays, and problems that crop up, it just would be good if ANet would acknowledge that it is an issue that they will be fixing.

Bump. To keep the discussion active. Hopefully more people chime in and express their annoyance with this issue. Maybe ANet will see it's affecting a lot of players and escalate it on their to-do list.

I could be wrong, but it really doesn't seem like a complicated or time-consuming fix.

• 2 weeks later...