Is Beetle Mount worth it?

dont knock it before youve tried it, its fun to use, and theyve said new skins is comming. So no, i stand by my words. Sure its not good for general use, but it have its role in zomming across long open paths.

I completed it on the first day.

And its not an undesirable outcome. You get a new mount when you finish, and you can get spirit shards again. just make a bit of an effort. Anet have already nerfed the biggest bottlenecks.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> dont knock it before youve tried it, its fun to use, and theyve said new skins is comming. So no, i stand by my words. Sure its not good for general use, but it have its role in zomming across long open paths.

> I completed it on the first day.

>

> And its not an undesirable outcome. You get a new mount when you finish, and you can get spirit shards again. just make a bit of an effort. Anet have already nerfed the biggest bottlenecks.

Having the mount is an undesirable outcome (for me).

Would you complete a collection if the outcome was the deletion of a character, including character slot, from your account? I would rather the deletion than the mount.

Now, if they release a skin I like...maybe. Doing a series of busywork that would then, on top of the time spent, require spending money in order to have a desirable outcome is a bit of a stretch to me. If I am going to have to spend money on it then doing a collection as well seems inappropriate.

What they need to do is add in more ramps for pve mount walls for old content and new content if they must keep adding in pve mount walls so the beetle can be a work arond to getting to more content that blocked off by these walls. That would make the beetle mount worth it to me.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> What they need to do is add in more ramps for pve mount walls for old content and new content if they must keep adding in pve mount walls so the beetle can be a work arond to getting to more content that blocked off by these walls. That would make the beetle mount worth it to me.

not gonna happen. mount is redundancy, anet has run outta ideas.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> I honestly do not see why its an undesirable outcome. You are just trying to justify why you dont feel like doing the collection. Anyway, done with this thread. Man up and do it.

So can I take it that you are willing to delete a character?

If you, "honestly," dont understand that not everyone likes the same things you do, then it is probably just as well that you depart.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> The title says it all.

> What does the beetle give you that other mounts can't do (other than break through walls).

So far my experience with the Beetle mount is that it's a lot of fun when you've got room to get it going. It's really good at crossing a map very quickly if you are definitely not going to stop along the way. It will be good for traversing PoF maps very fast, again as long as you don't get interrupted while you're going. It's annoying to get it going in the first place, it doesn't do well in tight spaces because there's a lot of chance for running into something that will stop it cold. If you get off it for any reason you'll have to wait for the boost when you get back on, which is also annoying. The fact that it can go straight up nearly vertical cliffs is cool, as well as that it can skip briefly over water, allowing it very minor access to Springer and Skimmer domains. Also a well timed boost on an incline gives it access to Raptor domain too. Nothing about the Beetle will intersect with the Jackel, it's bad at going up hills and has terrible handling.

The first collection is easy, the second collection is a bit more involved, any has some minor timegating based on events. The third collection is like the second. The only expense for the whole thing is 50 inscriptions, which was kind of uncool, but it's a one time thing, so whatever, I guess. Basically, I would say it's worth it only because it doesn't actually cost anything. If there was any gold involved I might feel differently.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

>

> > If I get to pick the character.

>

>

> Nope, we will pick it,you don't have a chose, just like anet forced us to get the mount

>

>

You're not forced to get the mount. You don't need it to get story done, and you can ask others to open the caves for the two POIs and Mastery blocked by the barriers. So, you don't have to get it. You're free to ignore it, if you want.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> You're not forced to get the mount. You don't need it to get story done, and you can ask others to open the caves for the two POIs and Mastery blocked by the barriers. So, you don't have to get it. You're free to ignore it, if you want.

How is it that I'm not forced? When as soon as i done first chapter it was there in masteries, locked and my exp was getting wasted. My time was getting wasted till i get collections done and got the mastery points. So my acc went back to getting exp converted into spirit shards.

Wouldn't it be nice to give me a chose e.g talk to Blish and confirm that I want it or ignore and mind my own business?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

>

> > You're not forced to get the mount. You don't need it to get story done, and you can ask others to open the caves for the two POIs and Mastery blocked by the barriers. So, you don't have to get it. You're free to ignore it, if you want.

>

> How is it that I'm not forced? When as soon as i done first chapter it was there in masteries, locked and my exp was getting wasted. My time was getting wasted till i get collections done and got the mastery points. So my acc went back to getting exp converted into spirit shards.

>

>

The Mastery for this episode is only beetle mount unlocks and only unlocks after you get the beetle mount. If you don't even want the mount, then there's no reason for you to worry about applying exp to the new Mastery.

> The Mastery for this episode is only beetle mount unlocks. If you don't even want the mount, then there's no reason for you to worry about applying exp to the new Mastery.

There is a reason. I want to be abbe to convert exp i get into spirit shards. That locked masteries were preventing to do it in PoF maps. Any exp i earned in PoF was getting wasted until i get those collections and apply masteries on the beetle.

> @"phs.6089" said:

>

> > The Mastery for this episode is only beetle mount unlocks. If you don't even want the mount, then there's no reason for you to worry about applying exp to the new Mastery.

>

>

> There is a reason. I want to be abbe to convert exp i get into spirit shards. That locked masteries were preventing to do it in PoF maps.

>

I see. But you just said "So my acc went back to getting exp converted into spirit shards." That makes it sound like you're already getting the spirit shards again. If that's not the case, then yeah, I can see why that'd be irritating.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Worth it for getting it. Yeah, if you timed the collection wrong it would certainly be annoying but once you get it, you get it.

>

> The real question is is it worth the 12 MP to fully master it though. The jury is still out on that.

I don't know.... as someone who did all the content as released, I had plenty of PoF Mastery Points left over to allocate.

After careful deliberation the jury returned with a "not a problem" verdict.

> @"phs.6089" said:

>

>

>

> Nope, we will pick it,you don't have a chose, just like anet forced us to get the mount

>

>

> @"phs.6089" said:

>

>

>

>

>

Unless an ANet staff is holding a gun on you you’re not forced to get the mount. If they are then I suggest you call the police instead of posting on the forum. Otherwise, you can play on the map and get most of the Mastery points without ever touching the collections. Afterwards you can pop a few tomes to get any missing Spirit Shard.

> I see. But you just said "So my acc went back to getting exp converted into spirit shards." That makes it sound like you're already getting the spirit shards again.

All I'm saying would have been nice to let a chose if we want it or no. And yes I spend about 8 hours (2 playday) farmed istan for exp to unlock all 3 lines on beetle. But I didn't have a chose really. Which isn't nice.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Unless an ANet staff is holding a gun on you you’re not forced to get the mount. If they are then I suggest you call the police instead of posting on the forum. Otherwise, you can play on the map and get most of the Mastery points without ever touching the collections. Afterwards you can pop a few tomes to get any missing Spirit Shard.

You are getting away from conversation. Next time you log into game we will delete one of your chars. How is that sounds? :p

> @"phs.6089" said:

>

> > I see. But you just said "So my acc went back to getting exp converted into spirit shards." That makes it sound like you're already getting the spirit shards again.

>

> All I'm saying would have been nice to let a chose if we want it or no. And yes I spend about 8 hours (2 playday) farmed istan for exp to unlock all 3 lines on beetle. But I didn't have a chose really. Which isn't nice.

> > Unless an ANet staff is holding a gun on you you’re not forced to get the mount. If they are then I suggest you call the police instead of posting on the forum. Otherwise, you can play on the map and get most of the Mastery points without ever touching the collections. Afterwards you can pop a few tomes to get any missing Spirit Shard.

>

> You are getting away from conversation. Next time you log into game we will delete one of your chars. How is that sounds? :p

>

/shrug.

Than I contact support and get it back.

But it’s a silly comparison and both of you are making a false equivalence to try to make a point. You’re not required to get the mount and you can get almost all Mastery points without it and use tomes to get any “missing” Spirit Shards.

>

> But it’s a silly comparison and both of you are making a false equivalence to try to make a point. You’re not required to get the mount and you can get almost all Mastery points without it and use tomes to get any “missing” Spirit Shards.

If I'm not required, why is was there in masteries and why it was wasting my earned exp?

> @"phs.6089" said:

>

> >

> > But it’s a silly comparison and both of you are making a false equivalence to try to make a point. You’re not required to get the mount and you can get almost all Mastery points without it and use tomes to get any “missing” Spirit Shards.

>

> If I'm not required, why is was there in masteries and why it was wasting my earned exp?

>

I played for a long time with “wasted XP” in core Tyria, I played in PoF with wasted XP and I still play in HoT with “wasted XP.” It’s minor situation. You can always use Tomes to get back that “wasted XP”.

> I played for a long time with “wasted XP” in core Tyria, I played in PoF with wasted XP and I still play in HoT with “wasted XP.” It’s minor situation. You can always use Tomes to get back that “wasted XP”.

If you still play wasting Exp in HoT i can see your point.

> @"phs.6089" said:

>

> > I played for a long time with “wasted XP” in core Tyria, I played in PoF with wasted XP and I still play in HoT with “wasted XP.” It’s minor situation. You can always use Tomes to get back that “wasted XP”.

>

> If you still play wasting Exp in HoT i can see your point.

>

>

One of the big reasons I consider it minor is because the game gives me a way to fix it by doing certain content and I don’t bother to do it. I figure that’s on me if I refuse to do what what the game requires to change the situation. Just like it’s on the people who refuse to fix their problem by doing the content the game requires.