Raids and fractal cms as paid dlc.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > Stupid idea imho.

> > > With the current LS some friends of mine had their "coming back for 2 weeks" once again and they still refuse to play instanced content like fracs and raids - completely. We have to accept it: The majority of players isn't even interested in playing fracs or raids. It's highly debatable that a lot of the rest would pay for certain DLCs so it can be enough to support the employment of enough developers (we know that 4-5 wouldn't suffice).

> > > Anet isn't even able to ship out proper LS maps anymore. The current release is a poor stereotype of older stuff, the story is a little bit amusing but like always a "one-timer". For me, the new map is a disaster and a lot of the achievement again boring stuff + they make it worse to add a heavy grindy turret game achievement which looks like they were running out of ideas and enthusiasm.

> >

> > Arena net has to spread the income from the gemstore across the game and the content delivery in both the fractal and the raid show that this might not be enough for them to keep an acceptable pace. U also compaire free content im talking about paid content. Ofc if what a paid raid looked like was what we get rn at the same pace ofc then it wouldnt be worth paying for.

>

> I kept that in mind if you had read correctly. But honestly, what are you ready to pay? 100 $/€? Because it was already mentioned here they would have to hire a lot more developers to make sure we have a constant and shorter release cycle + whitout gamebreaking bugs like now. We won't get more content if the team gets 4-5 developers - not going to happen. Just calculate the annual salary for them. ^^

> You still think that the player base for instanced content is so big that enough people would buy them via DLCs. Sorry to say mate, but I'm also almost raiding and playing fractals and we are a fricking tiny minority. And, more important, don't expect all of them to spend money for those things, so the number of actual customers will be much smaller without a doubt!

Yes but it will be xyz costumer vs non that we have rn. And well jokingly, 4 or 5 more devs is basically doubling the team size.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > Stupid idea imho.

> > > > With the current LS some friends of mine had their "coming back for 2 weeks" once again and they still refuse to play instanced content like fracs and raids - completely. We have to accept it: The majority of players isn't even interested in playing fracs or raids. It's highly debatable that a lot of the rest would pay for certain DLCs so it can be enough to support the employment of enough developers (we know that 4-5 wouldn't suffice).

> > > > Anet isn't even able to ship out proper LS maps anymore. The current release is a poor stereotype of older stuff, the story is a little bit amusing but like always a "one-timer". For me, the new map is a disaster and a lot of the achievement again boring stuff + they make it worse to add a heavy grindy turret game achievement which looks like they were running out of ideas and enthusiasm.

> > >

> > > Arena net has to spread the income from the gemstore across the game and the content delivery in both the fractal and the raid show that this might not be enough for them to keep an acceptable pace. U also compaire free content im talking about paid content. Ofc if what a paid raid looked like was what we get rn at the same pace ofc then it wouldnt be worth paying for.

> >

> > I kept that in mind if you had read correctly. But honestly, what are you ready to pay? 100 $/€? Because it was already mentioned here they would have to hire a lot more developers to make sure we have a constant and shorter release cycle + whitout gamebreaking bugs like now. We won't get more content if the team gets 4-5 developers - not going to happen. Just calculate the annual salary for them. ^^

> > You still think that the player base for instanced content is so big that enough people would buy them via DLCs. Sorry to say mate, but I'm also almost raiding and playing fractals and we are a fricking tiny minority. And, more important, don't expect all of them to spend money for those things, so the number of actual customers will be much smaller without a doubt!

>

> Yes but it will be xyz costumer vs non that we have rn. And well jokingly, 4 or 5 more devs is basically doubling the team size.

Doesn't matter because double the developers will not halve the release cycles. But keep on dreaming - I cannot.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > > Stupid idea imho.

> > > > With the current LS some friends of mine had their "coming back for 2 weeks" once again and they still refuse to play instanced content like fracs and raids - completely. We have to accept it: The majority of players isn't even interested in playing fracs or raids. It's highly debatable that a lot of the rest would pay for certain DLCs so it can be enough to support the employment of enough developers (we know that 4-5 wouldn't suffice).

> > > > Anet isn't even able to ship out proper LS maps anymore. The current release is a poor stereotype of older stuff, the story is a little bit amusing but like always a "one-timer". For me, the new map is a disaster and a lot of the achievement again boring stuff + they make it worse to add a heavy grindy turret game achievement which looks like they were running out of ideas and enthusiasm.

> > >

> > > Arena net has to spread the income from the gemstore across the game and the content delivery in both the fractal and the raid show that this might not be enough for them to keep an acceptable pace. U also compaire free content im talking about paid content. Ofc if what a paid raid looked like was what we get rn at the same pace ofc then it wouldnt be worth paying for.

> >

> > I kept that in mind if you had read correctly. But honestly, what are you ready to pay? 100 $/€? Because it was already mentioned here they would have to hire a lot more developers to make sure we have a constant and shorter release cycle + whitout gamebreaking bugs like now. We won't get more content if the team gets 4-5 developers - not going to happen. Just calculate the annual salary for them. ^^

> > You still think that the player base for instanced content is so big that enough people would buy them via DLCs. Sorry to say mate, but I'm also almost raiding and playing fractals and we are a fricking tiny minority. And, more important, don't expect all of them to spend money for those things, so the number of actual customers will be much smaller without a doubt!

>

> Yes but it will be xyz costumer vs non that we have rn. And well jokingly, 4 or 5 more devs is basically doubling the team size.

They already earned more money since PoF with mount skins and yet content got worse across the board, not just raids. Anet has management issues which money can't fix.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Its not compairable. SE3 started the second half of hot while se4 started in the first half. if we compaired it based on time we w8ed 9 or so months for w4 10 or so for w5 and it seems like we are gonna be w8ing 9 or 10 again for w6.

Yes I posted the time frames in the part you quoted.

W3 -> W4: Bastion was released 239 days after W3, and 4 episodes later

W4 -> W5: Hall of Chains was released 293 days after W4, and 3 episodes later

Since W5: we are at 3 episodes (including Long Live the Lich) or 218 days since W5

That's the release schedule of Raid wings. Judging by W4/W5, on average we wait 266 days for a Raid Wing. It has been like this since Bastion of the Penitent, why complain about it now? It's 8 to 10 months for a Raid, and it has been like this since S3 started.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Its not compairable. SE3 started the second half of hot while se4 started in the first half. if we compaired it based on time we w8ed 9 or so months for w4 10 or so for w5 and it seems like we are gonna be w8ing 9 or 10 again for w6.

>

> Yes I posted the time frames in the part you quoted.

>

> W3 -> W4: Bastion was released 239 days after W3, and 4 episodes later

> W4 -> W5: Hall of Chains was released 293 days after W4, and 3 episodes later

> Since W5: we are at 3 episodes (including Long Live the Lich) or 218 days since W5

>

> That's the release schedule of Raid wings. Judging by W4/W5, on average we wait 266 days for a Raid Wing. It has been like this since Bastion of the Penitent, why complain about it now? It's 8 to 10 months for a Raid, and it has been like this since S3 started.

I'm pretty sure player expectations were boosted because of Forsaken Thicket tripple wing, which as you mentioned, were prepared in advance during HoT development.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > While I usually support similar ideas, I have to disagree this would work on a MMO.

> > > >

> > > Eso ties its raids and dungeons from what ik to paid dlc.

> > >

> >

> > Yes and ESO also has gear progression essentially forcing people to buy said content IF they want to remain up to date on their equipment. Not really applicable to GW2 is it?

> >

> Ppl stay and play the content regardless of the gear progressions its existance or not doesnt matter in terms of selling a product.

>

Sure they do, doesn't change the fact that the entire system is gear progression based and on a cycle which you can't implement in GW2. How long do people play the content before they completely leave for the newest raids? Not talking about gearing alternate characters (something which again wouldn't work in GW2).

If you think gear progression and how it affects content design for an MMO makes no difference in how you sell the content, we can stop discussing right here. Don't feel like going on eassys worth of explanations to show something so obvious and basic.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > Work and design schedules and priorities aren't simply reassigned weekly or monthly. Mid to long term organization is required to implement good content.

> > > >

> > > > Now if people were to argue if there should be a move to say a subscription, that I could understand or argue for or against (not saying I'd support or oppose this, simply that it would make more sense from a business perspective). That would be a change which allows for reallocation of assets and developers away from current monetization and towards more game assets and content.

> > > >

> > > > Having irregular or unstable spike revenue won't have that positive kind of effect. What about if people are unsatisfied with the content or the rewards? Suddenly revenue drops and what, you lay off the teams you just hired? It doesn't work.

> > >

> > > Having no revenue from said content tho isnt any better seeing their content delivery. Further more the whole game rn works on an irregular or unstable revenue model, if theres a gemstore update ppl dont like or against of what do they do they lay off teams?

> >

> > No, they add more items which will generate revenue. Say like extra bank tabs, oh look what got added just now.

>

> If someone does want to buy these things because there are ppl that dont want said thing in the cash shop then what does anet do?

Serious question? They offer more of the already developed quality of life items or develop new ones like:

- new character starter kits

- get all way points for a zone

- add more crafts per character

- mount skins

- glider skins

Notice how all of those things will generate a ton of more revenue for a tiny fraction of development ressources compared to dungeons/fractals/raids/instanced content.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > While I usually support similar ideas, I have to disagree this would work on a MMO.

> > > > >

> > > > Eso ties its raids and dungeons from what ik to paid dlc.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yes and ESO also has gear progression essentially forcing people to buy said content IF they want to remain up to date on their equipment. Not really applicable to GW2 is it?

> > >

> > Ppl stay and play the content regardless of the gear progressions its existance or not doesnt matter in terms of selling a product.

> >

>

> Sure they do, doesn't change the fact that the entire system is gear progression based and on a cycle which you can't implement in GW2. How long do people play the content before they completely leave for the newest raids? Not talking about gearing alternate characters (something which again wouldn't work in GW2).

>

Gw2 incentivises replaying that content through cosmetic rewards that can be anything from legendaries to skins and even mounts if the whole paid tjing went ahead, the relevancy or existing raids due to no lvl or gear cap increase makes it so ppl are incentivised to do old content for its rewards something that other games dont provide.

You dont move on from older raids until the roster is just too big and even then ppl will just spread their clears across the week.

> If you think gear progression and how it affects content design for an MMO makes no difference in how you sell the content, we can stop discussing right here. Don't feel like going on eassys worth of explanations to show something so obvious and basic.

>

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > Work and design schedules and priorities aren't simply reassigned weekly or monthly. Mid to long term organization is required to implement good content.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now if people were to argue if there should be a move to say a subscription, that I could understand or argue for or against (not saying I'd support or oppose this, simply that it would make more sense from a business perspective). That would be a change which allows for reallocation of assets and developers away from current monetization and towards more game assets and content.

> > > > >

> > > > > Having irregular or unstable spike revenue won't have that positive kind of effect. What about if people are unsatisfied with the content or the rewards? Suddenly revenue drops and what, you lay off the teams you just hired? It doesn't work.

> > > >

> > > > Having no revenue from said content tho isnt any better seeing their content delivery. Further more the whole game rn works on an irregular or unstable revenue model, if theres a gemstore update ppl dont like or against of what do they do they lay off teams?

> > >

> > > No, they add more items which will generate revenue. Say like extra bank tabs, oh look what got added just now.

> >

> > If someone does want to buy these things because there are ppl that dont want said thing in the cash shop then what does anet do?

>

> Serious question? They offer more of the already developed quality of life items or develop new ones like:

>

> - new character starter kits

> - get all way points for a zone

> - add more crafts per character

> - mount skins

> - glider skins

>

> Notice how all of those things will generate a ton of more revenue for a tiny fraction of development ressources compared to dungeons/fractals/raids/instanced content.

These are things tho that are spread across the entire game amd that any player who does endgame will either have or can farm in game to buy.

Same thing could be said about raids but that could be abjusted.

Anyone that's not currently raiding is unlikely to pay for them. Players that are okay with lower difficulty wings, but don't do harder ones are unlikely to buy those harder ones. And not everyone that's doing raids now (both easy and hard ones) is going to buy them if they became paid content. So, basically, you might increase the content, but you would decrease its popularity, which isn't all that good even now.

Then obviously we get to a second consideration. As i mentioned, people aren't likely to pay for wings they think will be too hard for them. That means easier ones would be probably bringing anet more money. Now, consider this: assuming both types of wings require similar amount of effort, but one would bring more money than the other, how long it would take Anet to decide that some are simply more profitable to do than others? In such a situation commercial value of those dlcs would be primary consideration, and no reasonable developer's going to produce dlc that would not pay for itself.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Its not compairable. SE3 started the second half of hot while se4 started in the first half. if we compaired it based on time we w8ed 9 or so months for w4 10 or so for w5 and it seems like we are gonna be w8ing 9 or 10 again for w6.

>

> Yes I posted the time frames in the part you quoted.

>

> W3 -> W4: Bastion was released 239 days after W3, and 4 episodes later

> W4 -> W5: Hall of Chains was released 293 days after W4, and 3 episodes later

> Since W5: we are at 3 episodes (including Long Live the Lich) or 218 days since W5

>

> That's the release schedule of Raid wings. Judging by W4/W5, on average we wait 266 days for a Raid Wing. It has been like this since Bastion of the Penitent, why complain about it now? It's 8 to 10 months for a Raid, and it has been like this since S3 started.

People did not start complaining about it now, they already started complaining between w3 and w4 and between w4 and w5

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Anyone that's not currently raiding is unlikely to pay for them. Players that are okay with lower difficulty wings, but don't do harder ones are unlikely to buy those harder ones. And not everyone that's doing raids now (both easy and hard ones) is going to buy them if they became paid content. So, basically, you might increase the content, but you would decrease its popularity, which isn't all that good even now.

>

> Then obviously we get to a second consideration. As i mentioned, people aren't likely to pay for wings they think will be too hard for them. That means easier ones would be probably bringing anet more money. Now, consider this: assuming both types of wings require similar amount of effort, but one would bring more money than the other, how long it would take Anet to decide that some are simply more profitable to do than others? In such a situation commercial value of those dlcs would be primary consideration, and no reasonable developer's going to produce dlc that would not pay for itself.

>

I think this is bs. If people pay 400-2000 gems for questionable cosmetics in the gemstore, why would they not pay 800 or 1600 gems (I guess more would be too much considering PoF as a whole was only 30 dollar) for a full raid wing with a complete set of rewards. The social pressure in guilds and statics alone will make most people who are interested in raids buy it. Likely before there are reviews on the perceived difficulty are out because they want to play it on release day.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I think this is bs. If people pay 400-2000 gems for questionable cosmetics in the gemstore, why would they not pay 800 or 1600 gems (I guess more would be too much considering PoF as a whole was only 30 dollar) for a full raid wing with a complete set of rewards.

You really think that an actual content that would require hiring a number of devs fulltime would be _cheaper_ than a single mount skin? Or that Anet would allow it be bought with gems?

> @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

Do people like you put some thought into that?

The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > Its not compairable. SE3 started the second half of hot while se4 started in the first half. if we compaired it based on time we w8ed 9 or so months for w4 10 or so for w5 and it seems like we are gonna be w8ing 9 or 10 again for w6.

> >

> > Yes I posted the time frames in the part you quoted.

> >

> > W3 -> W4: Bastion was released 239 days after W3, and 4 episodes later

> > W4 -> W5: Hall of Chains was released 293 days after W4, and 3 episodes later

> > Since W5: we are at 3 episodes (including Long Live the Lich) or 218 days since W5

> >

> > That's the release schedule of Raid wings. Judging by W4/W5, on average we wait 266 days for a Raid Wing. It has been like this since Bastion of the Penitent, why complain about it now? It's 8 to 10 months for a Raid, and it has been like this since S3 started.

>

> People did not start complaining about it now, they already started complaining between w3 and w4 and between w4 and w5

>

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Anyone that's not currently raiding is unlikely to pay for them. Players that are okay with lower difficulty wings, but don't do harder ones are unlikely to buy those harder ones. And not everyone that's doing raids now (both easy and hard ones) is going to buy them if they became paid content. So, basically, you might increase the content, but you would decrease its popularity, which isn't all that good even now.

> >

> > Then obviously we get to a second consideration. As i mentioned, people aren't likely to pay for wings they think will be too hard for them. That means easier ones would be probably bringing anet more money. Now, consider this: assuming both types of wings require similar amount of effort, but one would bring more money than the other, how long it would take Anet to decide that some are simply more profitable to do than others? In such a situation commercial value of those dlcs would be primary consideration, and no reasonable developer's going to produce dlc that would not pay for itself.

> >

> I think this is bs. If people pay 400-2000 gems for questionable cosmetics in the gemstore, why would they not pay 800 or 1600 gems (I guess more would be too much considering PoF as a whole was only 30 dollar) for a full raid wing with a complete set of rewards. The social pressure in guilds and statics alone will make most people who are interested in raids buy it. Likely before there are reviews on the perceived difficulty are out because they want to play it on release day.

It'll still be too little money.

Seriously, I'm past 1k LIs, have the CM titles, raiding weekly with my static and pug some bosses here and there. Probably I would buy the first DLC but afterwards I don't know. With DLC raids should be released way faster than at the moment (and not just 2 months or so) and with 0 bugs or possibilities to exploit things. If there are exploits I would expect a detection system that take away rewards from players and bugs to be fixed within hours/days + immediately shut down of wings if bugs/exploits are noticed by the community which means having a very narrow communication with the player base --> also binding resources.

We all know that this won't happen and won't be able to be realized within the next 12 months (you have to change the business model, hire new ppl, restructure the teams etc.) It's so unrealistic I can't even imagine that properly.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > Its not compairable. SE3 started the second half of hot while se4 started in the first half. if we compaired it based on time we w8ed 9 or so months for w4 10 or so for w5 and it seems like we are gonna be w8ing 9 or 10 again for w6.

> > >

> > > Yes I posted the time frames in the part you quoted.

> > >

> > > W3 -> W4: Bastion was released 239 days after W3, and 4 episodes later

> > > W4 -> W5: Hall of Chains was released 293 days after W4, and 3 episodes later

> > > Since W5: we are at 3 episodes (including Long Live the Lich) or 218 days since W5

> > >

> > > That's the release schedule of Raid wings. Judging by W4/W5, on average we wait 266 days for a Raid Wing. It has been like this since Bastion of the Penitent, why complain about it now? It's 8 to 10 months for a Raid, and it has been like this since S3 started.

> >

> > People did not start complaining about it now, they already started complaining between w3 and w4 and between w4 and w5

> >

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Anyone that's not currently raiding is unlikely to pay for them. Players that are okay with lower difficulty wings, but don't do harder ones are unlikely to buy those harder ones. And not everyone that's doing raids now (both easy and hard ones) is going to buy them if they became paid content. So, basically, you might increase the content, but you would decrease its popularity, which isn't all that good even now.

> > >

> > > Then obviously we get to a second consideration. As i mentioned, people aren't likely to pay for wings they think will be too hard for them. That means easier ones would be probably bringing anet more money. Now, consider this: assuming both types of wings require similar amount of effort, but one would bring more money than the other, how long it would take Anet to decide that some are simply more profitable to do than others? In such a situation commercial value of those dlcs would be primary consideration, and no reasonable developer's going to produce dlc that would not pay for itself.

> > >

> > I think this is bs. If people pay 400-2000 gems for questionable cosmetics in the gemstore, why would they not pay 800 or 1600 gems (I guess more would be too much considering PoF as a whole was only 30 dollar) for a full raid wing with a complete set of rewards. The social pressure in guilds and statics alone will make most people who are interested in raids buy it. Likely before there are reviews on the perceived difficulty are out because they want to play it on release day.

>

> It'll still be too little money.

> Seriously, I'm past 1k LIs, have the CM titles, raiding weekly with my static and pug some bosses here and there. Probably I would buy the first DLC but afterwards I don't know. With DLC raids should be released way faster than at the moment (and not just 2 months or so) and with 0 bugs or possibilities to exploit things. If there are exploits I would expect a detection system that take away rewards from players and bugs to be fixed within hours/days + immediately shut down of wings if bugs/exploits are noticed by the community which means having a very narrow communication with the player base --> also binding resources.

> We all know that this won't happen and won't be able to be realized within the next 12 months (you have to change the business model, hire new ppl, restructure the teams etc.) It's so unrealistic I can't even imagine that properly.

I agree in all but the pace u suggest. Personally i think costumer burnout would be a thing if every 2 months they had to pay for a raid (not even mentioning cms).

Also i never thought that this would be something that would hapoen overnight. Ofc it would a long time but the way i see it i think w8ing 7 to 12 months for a system that could afterwards be better than anything we had is better than getting 1 or at best 2 raids every 16 to 18 months.

Think of it as anet comming out and said "we need time to sort this out in the meantime there wont be much, but you are alreasy used to this"

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

>

> Do people like you put some thought into that?

>

> The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

I dissagree. Everything is free or can be achieved through gameplay the only thing that splits ppl are their tastes.

But i feel that at this point this deep into the game's life such drastical changes could either improve it massively or kill it.

> > I think this is bs. If people pay 400-2000 gems for questionable cosmetics in the gemstore, why would they not pay 800 or 1600 gems (I guess more would be too much considering PoF as a whole was only 30 dollar) for a full raid wing with a complete set of rewards.

> You really think that an actual content that would require hiring a number of devs fulltime would be _cheaper_ than a single mount skin? Or that Anet would allow it be bought with gems?

>

>

The absurd pricing is a byproduct of the nature of gems. Id love to see anet introduce gems that cannot be aquired from gold.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

>

> Do people like you put some thought into that?

>

> The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

> >

> > Do people like you put some thought into that?

> >

> > The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

>

> arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

People already pay for content?

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > > > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

> > >

> > > Do people like you put some thought into that?

> > >

> > > The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

> >

> > arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

>

> People already pay for content?

I dont, i dont even pay for what they sell i just farm gold.

> > I think this is bs. If people pay 400-2000 gems for questionable cosmetics in the gemstore, why would they not pay 800 or 1600 gems (I guess more would be too much considering PoF as a whole was only 30 dollar) for a full raid wing with a complete set of rewards.

> You really think that an actual content that would require hiring a number of devs fulltime would be _cheaper_ than a single mount skin? Or that Anet would allow it be bought with gems?

>

>

The PoF expansion costed the equivalent of 2400 gems (there are probably more than 10x as many devs working on an expansion than on a raid wing). So if anything the 2000 gem mount skins are way overpriced in comparison and 800-1600 gems for one of these tiny raid wings would be more than fair.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > > > > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

> > > >

> > > > Do people like you put some thought into that?

> > > >

> > > > The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

> > >

> > > arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

> >

> > People already pay for content?

>

> I dont, i dont even pay for what they sell i just farm gold.

You payed directly for HoT and PoF and you pay indirectly through the currency-exchange-system for gemstore-products.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

> > >

> > > Do people like you put some thought into that?

> > >

> > > The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

> >

> > arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

>

> People already pay for content?

for expansions with low quality and quantity content....

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > > > > > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

> > > > >

> > > > > Do people like you put some thought into that?

> > > > >

> > > > > The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

> > > >

> > > > arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

> > >

> > > People already pay for content?

> >

> > I dont, i dont even pay for what they sell i just farm gold.

>

> You payed directly for HoT and PoF and you pay indirectly through the currency-exchange-system for gemstore-products.

40-30 euros for the content of the expansion and 2 years of aditional free content. This kind of money would never justify the anything that much better from what we recieve now. As for the exchange you have a point but other mmos will have the content as dlc or will ask you for a subfee on top of cashshops while anet only has the cashshop. If you never felt the need to buy anything considering nothing is mandatory basically uv played everything for free.

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > @"pelle ossa.9705" said:

> > > > > maybe not only raid and fractal but ls? lets say all the episode of a season at 25-30 euro; if it can help to have more content with an high quality and mabe somelove to wvwvw and pvp why not....

> > > >

> > > > Do people like you put some thought into that?

> > > >

> > > > The community is already strongly fractured in GW2. You don't really have coherence. You don't even have a real sense of "community" anyway. Such a marketing-model would fracture the community even more.

> > >

> > > arenanet don't have enough ppl to keep the game updated , every game mode need tons of work... they are pushing things even too far with gemstore , so why not paying for CONTENT for one time....

> >

> > People already pay for content?

> for expansions with low quality and quantity content....

The quality of the expansions imo is good, the replayability is whats trash about them, pof mainly. Maps story productions and detail are all very high.