The ending (spoilers)

This has been much discussion about the ending of the episode and how it seems to have finalised Joko's story very abruptly after we were just starting to really build up the story along with that of the Scarab Plague. Some of it positive, a lot of it highly critical and disappointing that a major villain was killed off quite cheaply and so soon.

Without giving away too much of what is to come, which I know you wont want to do (understandably), can you shed any light/context as to why it was felt to be the right time to kill him off and this story only 3 episodes in? There seems too be a lot of lore we could have explored around him and the plague as well, plus the map to me didn't really convey the sense of scale to precede such a finale, compared to say Dragon Stand, Battle for LA or even Lake Doric for their respective villains.

I will say a big well done for the dialogue and also the production values of the end cutscene. It's just that the story itself was really building at a nice rate over the past 2 episodes, taking its time to explore the narrative and lore a lot more and it really does feel too early for us to have had such a big confrontation.

It felt like it needed maybe one more episode for Joko, though I am very happy with the production value on what was present. I was hoping we'd get one more chapter with him so we'd wrap it up around Halloween and get more lore on him and Mad King Thorn's relationship. Not sure how they'd implement that since Halloween is a temporary event and you couldn't _base_ story parts around that, but I do hope we at least get some answers there.

I feel the commander (me) has become very un-heroic in the story, firstly I actually died to balthazar in a fight I was not losing, then I was not even able to kill Joko , Aurene had to do it for me, oh yeah and on top of that I'm being asked to farm rat meat in Kourna. I wish I had some choice in my characters direction because I'm really not feeling the story writers choices for me...

I don't think that Joko is gone... He is immortal (undead) and what we saw was only a body. Aurene was horribly sick after eating his corporeal presence, but I think his energy and self is still alive somewhere, possibly inside of Aurene. Palawa Joko was a very important person in GW1, and without him, we wouldn't have defeated Abbadon. I don't think a snacking adolescent dragon can kill him.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> I am also curious about this. Feels like a cheap and too early way to kill a fan favored villain.

>

> And if I'm honest, it killed my drive to continue logging on.

I kinda know how you feel. My interest in the story has severely diminished right now after this episode. Maybe the reply we will get will raise some positivity, so we shall see