Reaper Bow

Dace.8173

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > I dont have problem with longrange weapons but Axe Is 900 aoe without projectiles And i Think Its pretty nice. Scepter Is 600-900 i dont remember actually And thats pretty nice too. To close range we have only greatslowsword bound to reaper And *caugh* dagger.. So another close range weapon would be cool. 1-3 target sword wet dreams. I know that closerange Will maybe suck in PVP/wvw but maybe if shroud(i hope fór something between shroud And sandshades) support it. I have no problem.

> >

> > I'm not saying the axe is bad. It's actually a fairly good weapon. But in terms of close-range, we really three, dagger, axe, and great sword. I use axe all the time in close range combat and it performs just as well at close range as it does at mid-range. I'm not sure why greatsword being bound to Reaper is a problem since the sword you propose would be bound to whatever Elite it came with. However, we really do lack long-range options, hence the longbow. At present we just have the staff and it's only actual attack is just the first ability. All the rest are Wells and that isn't always a good attack. When it comes to mid to short range we actually have several weapons to pick from. Long-range though, just the one.

>

>

> Well dagger, staff,axe,scepter, 0-1200-900-900.

>

> I think necro have lot of ranged stuff(scourge too). and 300+AOE isnt that big deal and if we take shroud for longrange i think it will be just core shroud 2.0

>

> I think if we get good close weapon, no shroud and just class will be harder to play but you could be viable(pvp, pve)

> It will be cool. Longbow gameplay will be borring as Soulbeasts pew pew with unblock. No to ez play

>

>

>

Ok, again, I'm not saying we *don't* have good range. I'm saying we have only one long-range weapon, the staff. I'm also saying that the staff really is a sub-par weapon. We have a lot of good close range weapons. Axe, again, is strong at close range. I kill folks all the time with it in short range. Sceptor works at short range too. However, if you want a long range weapon it's staff or nothing. We have a lot of options and choices when it comes to close to mid-range combat. We have no options when it comes to long-range combat.

Also, Necromancer is already viable in PvP and PVE.

> @"Brigg.3961" said:

> I want a longbow 5 skill that drops a 900 diameter bonewall around yourself that maintains itself for 30 seconds and inhibits the use of stealth or teleports so my victims stop running away.

What about a stun shot that looks like bones flying towards them to grab them and hold them still?

> @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> >

> > That's pretty cool

>

> Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

> @"Heartless.8320" said:

> I hate bow.

> prefer sword

Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > >

> > > That's pretty cool

> >

> > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

>

> I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

>

> > @"Heartless.8320" said:

> > I hate bow.

> > prefer sword

>

> Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

And we have only 2 short range weapons.

Shitty dagger that's only used for lf gain in pve.

And GS that is bound to reaper.

2/3 of our specs is mid/long-range

A real good closerange Condi weapon is missing

Or a real good 1vX spec

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > >

> > > That's pretty cool

> >

> > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

>

> I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

>

> > @"Heartless.8320" said:

> > I hate bow.

> > prefer sword

>

> Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

Well basically everything that is posted on this forum is the property of ANet, and by posting an ESpec suggestion here you are basically releasing it for ANets use at their leisure. By pressing that "Post Topic" button, you are giving your consent for this. They have it legally covered, anything else people claim is just noise.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > > >

> > > > That's pretty cool

> > >

> > > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

> >

> > I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

> >

> > > @"Heartless.8320" said:

> > > I hate bow.

> > > prefer sword

> >

> > Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

>

> And we have only 2 short range weapons.

> kitten dagger that's only used for lf gain in pve.

>

> And GS that is bound to reaper.

>

> 2/3 of our specs is mid/long-range

>

> A real good closerange Condi weapon is missing

>

> Or a real good 1vX spec

exactly! get rid of midrange (even on reaper in pvp/wvw) and get some class that allow us go fulltime closerange <3 wet dreams

I would like Power, or hybrid with favor for powa cuz necro+condi=nerf ²

Tank helping allies with offence or with defence, or hard to catch ghostly dueler Mainhand Sword/mace

Offhand Axe/Mace/Sword/Shield (awww) Witch king from LOTR :D

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > > >

> > >

> > > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

> >

> > I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

> >

> > > I hate bow.

> > > prefer sword

> >

> > Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

>

> And we have only 2 short range weapons.

> kitten dagger that's only used for lf gain in pve.

>

> And GS that is bound to reaper.

>

> 2/3 of our specs is mid/long-range

>

> A real good closerange Condi weapon is missing

>

> Or a real good 1vX spec

We have a good close range weapon. I do not get why folks just ignore the Axe. The weapon works from mid to close. And if you want real close range then we have greatsword. Necromancer has good mid to short range combat options. Just because the axe can fill the mid-range slot doesn't automatically mean that somehow it isn't also good at close range. I also don't see why the greatsword being bound to Reaper is an issue since the close range weapon you want would be bound to whatever Elite spec had that carried it. So greatsword being bound to Reaper is really a moot issue. I also see very little in the way of long-range specs or builds, precisely because Necromancer does not have good long range support.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > > I hate bow.

> > > prefer sword

> >

>

> Well basically everything that is posted on this forum is the property of ANet, and by posting an ESpec suggestion here you are basically releasing it for ANets use at their leisure. By pressing that "Post Topic" button, you are giving your consent for this. They have it legally covered, anything else people claim is just noise.

That's good to know.

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > > > >

> > > > > That's pretty cool

> > > >

> > > > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

> > >

> > > I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

> > >

> > > > @"Heartless.8320" said:

> > > > I hate bow.

> > > > prefer sword

> > >

> > > Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

> >

> > And we have only 2 short range weapons.

> > kitten dagger that's only used for lf gain in pve.

> >

> > And GS that is bound to reaper.

> >

> > 2/3 of our specs is mid/long-range

> >

> > A real good closerange Condi weapon is missing

> >

> > Or a real good 1vX spec

>

> exactly! get rid of midrange (even on reaper in pvp/wvw) and get some class that allow us go fulltime closerange <3 wet dreams

> I would like Power, or hybrid with favor for powa cuz necro+condi=nerf ²

> Tank helping allies with offence or with defence, or hard to catch ghostly dueler Mainhand Sword/mace

> Offhand Axe/Mace/Sword/Shield (awww) Witch king from LOTR :D

Why can't you go short range with the axe? I see it happen all the time. Unless the issue is that you are not physically hitting someone with the axe the idea that Necromancer lacks a close range weapon when it has three at present (even if the dagger isn't a good opition) kinda undercuts folks push for it. There is no support for long range but plenty support for mid to close range combat.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> No to necro bow! >:(

>

> Need necro rifle!

You still around acting like you are main necro

I have to say this . because you asking for rifle then its guaranteed the rifle is the worst weapon to have for the new elite specialization .

We want sword and shield just because its the opposite of the rifle

> @"silent killer.5732" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > No to necro bow! >:(

> >

> > Need necro rifle!

>

> You still around acting like you are main necro

Are you implying that I'm not a necro main? If I'm not a necro main then why are almost all of the videos on my youtube channel necro gameplay videos?

> I have to say this . because you asking for rifle then its guaranteed the rifle is the worst weapon to have for the new elite specialization .

> We want sword and shield just because its the opposite of the rifle

Bow is also a crap weapon on basically everything but ranger. Holosmith seems to be doing quite well with rifle however.

Bow vs Rifle is purely thematic and I find Bows to be a grossly overused fantasy trope.

Although to be quite honest I'd rather have a mace or a hammer than any ranged weapon, but if we must have a ranged weapon I'd rather have a rifle.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

> > >

> > > I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

> > >

> > > > I hate bow.

> > > > prefer sword

> > >

> > > Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

> >

> > And we have only 2 short range weapons.

> > kitten dagger that's only used for lf gain in pve.

> >

> > And GS that is bound to reaper.

> >

> > 2/3 of our specs is mid/long-range

> >

> > A real good closerange Condi weapon is missing

> >

> > Or a real good 1vX spec

>

> We have a good close range weapon. I do not get why folks just ignore the Axe. The weapon works from mid to close. And if you want real close range then we have greatsword. Necromancer has good mid to short range combat options. Just because the axe can fill the mid-range slot doesn't automatically mean that somehow it isn't also good at close range. I also don't see why the greatsword being bound to Reaper is an issue since the close range weapon you want would be bound to whatever Elite spec had that carried it. So greatsword being bound to Reaper is really a moot issue. I also see very little in the way of long-range specs or builds, precisely because Necromancer does not have good long range support.

>

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > I hate bow.

> > > > prefer sword

> > >

> >

> > Well basically everything that is posted on this forum is the property of ANet, and by posting an ESpec suggestion here you are basically releasing it for ANets use at their leisure. By pressing that "Post Topic" button, you are giving your consent for this. They have it legally covered, anything else people claim is just noise.

>

> That's good to know.

>

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > > > [Like this?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/38352/elite-suggestion-geistlord#latest "Like this?")

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's pretty cool

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe someday Anet will notice suggestion like this one, but only if players notice them as well.

> > > >

> > > > I've always wondered about that. I've been to some game forums where if an idea gets posted publically it kills the chance of it being used by the gaming company as they want to avoid people trying to take credit for the work. I wonder if ANet does something similar.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Heartless.8320" said:

> > > > > I hate bow.

> > > > > prefer sword

> > > >

> > > > Still doesn't solve the problem that the only long range weapon option is the staff which is kinda lackluster at this point.

> > >

> > > And we have only 2 short range weapons.

> > > kitten dagger that's only used for lf gain in pve.

> > >

> > > And GS that is bound to reaper.

> > >

> > > 2/3 of our specs is mid/long-range

> > >

> > > A real good closerange Condi weapon is missing

> > >

> > > Or a real good 1vX spec

> >

> > exactly! get rid of midrange (even on reaper in pvp/wvw) and get some class that allow us go fulltime closerange <3 wet dreams

> > I would like Power, or hybrid with favor for powa cuz necro+condi=nerf ²

> > Tank helping allies with offence or with defence, or hard to catch ghostly dueler Mainhand Sword/mace

> > Offhand Axe/Mace/Sword/Shield (awww) Witch king from LOTR :D

>

> Why can't you go short range with the axe? I see it happen all the time. Unless the issue is that you are not physically hitting someone with the axe the idea that Necromancer lacks a close range weapon when it has three at present (even if the dagger isn't a good opition) kinda undercuts folks push for it. There is no support for long range but plenty support for mid to close range combat.

>

>

Because axe is bad weapon. The only good thing about it is axe2

The auto has way too long aftercast to be good.

And it's not a close range weapon.

Close range weapons hit 3-5 targets. Does axe do that? Guess not.

Don't get me wrong. I always use axe on power builds on necro, but the rotation of max DPS alone shows how "bad" axe is.

On power reaper you go axe2 into horn5 into shroud

Then go axe 2 into weapon swap

U don't do more than axe 2

Honestly. They should treat necro the same as ele last patch and remove those huge aftercast. We already got the longest casttimes in the game on weapon skills. Why add additional aftercasts?

Just to give an example:

Dagger auto attack. Does basically the same tooltip dmg like thief's dagger auto.

But do you know why necro does less dmg?

Necro chain needs like 2.08seconds or so to complete

While thief's was like 1.68 i believe?!

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> Close range weapons Are overall more Fun to play. All longbow spec or classes Are Boring...pewpew-> run Away ->pewpew-. I wanna have some Fun playing IT. Close range

Sometimes you need to run away or fall back. Falling back with the option to have long range is better than just having close range. It's not like it's one or the other. You can have a bow and still make use of an axe or dagger for close range combat. Also .... pewpew bow gameplay is just unimaginative. The folks who do that aren't really making the most of what they could be doing. Plus some people actually have fun at long range. It's nice to have that choice for people who want it. If folks don't want it they still have axe, dagger, and playing Reaper for greatsword. I think everyone should be able to have fun and not just the folks who want to be in close range. No one would be forcing you to play with a long bow. It would be for people who want that kind of play.

I have no doubt that skills will look awesome and Specs Bow will be nice aswell. Still i hope for some close range.

After all...If it beats reaper with power dmg i take it anyway.

I think bow will not going to be our another weapon cuz lot of traits are locked to 600-900 range. "Go in shroud" they will need to remake other 2 specs little bit.

And, let's face it, thats too much work for necro class.

No, they wouldn't. The new abilities could add more ranged abilities. That's the entire point of the Elite. You get a new weapon and new utilities that help support what it is supposed to do. Just because there are not a lot of long range options now doesn't mean it has to be that way. Which is the point that I made. We lack real long range support. You already got your close range with Reaper. I see no reason why they can't move to long range and that everything has to remain at close range. The way people ignore Reaper as the close range option in favor of a new one makes me wonder if the close range camp would actually be happy with another close range spec. At present, it seems like they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure after you get your next close range the argument would be "but we need a better close range"

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> No, they wouldn't. The new abilities could add more ranged abilities. That's the entire point of the Elite. You get a new weapon and new utilities that help support what it is supposed to do. Just because there are not a lot of long range options now doesn't mean it has to be that way. Which is the point that I made. We lack real long range support. You already got your close range with Reaper. I see no reason why they can't move to long range and that everything has to remain at close range. The way people ignore Reaper as the close range option in favor of a new one makes me wonder if the close range camp would actually be happy with another close range spec. At present, it seems like they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure after you get your next close range the argument would be "but we need a better close range"

Noone needs long-range. In raids it doesn't matter if it's long or shortrange, you will stack anyways.

In wvw it would be really bad to get more long-range for the sake of wvw gameplay let's not hope for long-range.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > No, they wouldn't. The new abilities could add more ranged abilities. That's the entire point of the Elite. You get a new weapon and new utilities that help support what it is supposed to do. Just because there are not a lot of long range options now doesn't mean it has to be that way. Which is the point that I made. We lack real long range support. You already got your close range with Reaper. I see no reason why they can't move to long range and that everything has to remain at close range. The way people ignore Reaper as the close range option in favor of a new one makes me wonder if the close range camp would actually be happy with another close range spec. At present, it seems like they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure after you get your next close range the argument would be "but we need a better close range"

>

> Noone needs long-range. In raids it doesn't matter if it's long or shortrange, you will stack anyways.

> In wvw it would be really bad to get more long-range for the sake of wvw gameplay let's not hope for long-range.

If there wasn't a need for long range then it wouldn't be something that is still made use of. I actually prefer diverse game play with lots of options as opposed to having the same old tricks done over and over and over again. Games are better when people are given real choices as opposed to just one style of game play being done. But sure .... lets have more close range and nothing else. I'm sure after the next close range build people will finally be happy with what they are given.