Cover World Transfer Fees for a Friend

Hi! I want to pay the transfer fees for a friend of mine to join my World so we could play together. Since gems can't be transferred, what's the best way I could do this for them? Is it possible to send them gold which can be traded for gems?

> @"craZy.5392" said:

> Hi! I want to pay the transfer fees for a friend of mine to join my World so we could play together. Since gems can't be transferred, what's the best way I could do this for them? Is it possible to send them gold which can be traded for gems?

Yes you could mail gold but you might hit the cap.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"craZy.5392" said:

> > Hi! I want to pay the transfer fees for a friend of mine to join my World so we could play together. Since gems can't be transferred, what's the best way I could do this for them? Is it possible to send them gold which can be traded for gems?

>

> Yes you could mail gold but you might hit the cap.

Great, thanks! I'll look further into that and see if I can stay within the cap.

> @"Lord Krilik.3692" said:

> Are you able to transfer the money to your friend's bank account? You can use something like paypal or a straight up transfer

The bank transfer fees will cost more than the transaction amount, so not a very sensible option I feel. Unfortunately, Paypal services are not available to where I'm from, Pakistan. :(

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Is your friend in a different region (NA vs. EU)?

> Are the two of you planning on playing a lot of WvW?

> If not, there is no reason to change Servers, as in everything, save WvW, can be played together if in the same region.

> Also, Servers will be removed, in the future, in regards to WvW.

>

> Good luck.

We're both in the EU region and yes, aside from the main gameplay, we hope to play WvW together as well.

Wow I'm out of the loop regarding the Servers being removed. Is that something coming in the near future or still a while to go?

> @"craZy.5392" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"craZy.5392" said:

> > > Hi! I want to pay the transfer fees for a friend of mine to join my World so we could play together. Since gems can't be transferred, what's the best way I could do this for them? Is it possible to send them gold which can be traded for gems?

> >

> > Yes you could mail gold but you might hit the cap.

>

> Great, thanks! I'll look further into that and see if I can stay within the cap.

>

> > @"Lord Krilik.3692" said:

> > Are you able to transfer the money to your friend's bank account? You can use something like paypal or a straight up transfer

>

> The bank transfer fees will cost more than the transaction amount, so not a very sensible option I feel. Unfortunately, Paypal services are not available to where I'm from, Pakistan. :(

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Is your friend in a different region (NA vs. EU)?

> > Are the two of you planning on playing a lot of WvW?

> > If not, there is no reason to change Servers, as in everything, save WvW, can be played together if in the same region.

> > Also, Servers will be removed, in the future, in regards to WvW.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> We're both in the EU region and yes, aside from the main gameplay, we hope to play WvW together as well.

>

> Wow I'm out of the loop regarding the Servers being removed. Is that something coming in the near future or still a while to go?

Basically there will be no server and wvw will play based on aliances.

> @"craZy.5392" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Hi! I want to pay the transfer fees for a friend of mine to join my World so we could play together. Since gems can't be transferred, what's the best way I could do this for them? Is it possible to send them gold which can be traded for gems?

> >

>

> Great, thanks! I'll look further into that and see if I can stay within the cap.

>

> > Are you able to transfer the money to your friend's bank account? You can use something like paypal or a straight up transfer

>

> The bank transfer fees will cost more than the transaction amount, so not a very sensible option I feel. Unfortunately, Paypal services are not available to where I'm from, Pakistan. :(

>

> > If not, there is no reason to change Servers, as in everything, save WvW, can be played together if in the same region.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> We're both in the EU region and yes, aside from the main gameplay, we hope to play WvW together as well.

>

> Wow I'm out of the loop regarding the Servers being removed. Is that something coming in the near future or still a while to go?

It's in the future; you can read all about it over in the WvW sub-forum.

Good luck.

> @"craZy.5392" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> >

>

>

>

>

> >

> > Good luck.

>

>

From the latest update, it seems to still be a ways off!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45856/world-restructuring-update-1

My *personal* guess from that update - I doubt it'll happen during 2018.

Sending gold to exchange into gems should work easily as long as less than 500 g is needed. More than that, and you can send it but your friend will have to remove the gold over time, as there's a weekly cap of 500 g via mail.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Yes you could mail gold but you might hit the cap.

It's unlikely to matter for most people.

* The maximum transfer cost is 1800 gems. At the current rate of 105-115 gold per 400 gems, that's 472-518 gold.

* There is no cap on _sending_ coin.

* There is a 500 gold _per week_ cap on _receiving_ coin, from any combination of email or any of your five guild banks.

* Worst case: friend will be 20 gold or so short for at most a week.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> It's unlikely to matter for most people.

>

> * The maximum transfer cost is 1800 gems. At the current rate of 105-115 gold per 400 gems, that's 472-518 gold.

> * There is no cap on _sending_ coin.

> * There is a 500 gold _per week_ cap on _receiving_ coin, from any combination of email or any of your five guild banks.

> * Worst case: friend will be 20 gold or so short for at most a week.

>

>

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> 1. Send your friend the gold.

> or

> 2. Buy a gem card or two from a store or Amazon and just send your friend the code(s).

Awesome, sending gold looks to be the way to go. Thank you everyone for all your help!

I tried looking for gem cards but could only find physical ones which I'd have to wait a while for to receive (and delivery to Pakistan is always an extra bit of wait).