> > > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 1. I don't think you read her post correctly, if you're trying to say that it is calling POC inferior. Might want to read it again.

> > > > > > > > 2. Every other thread about her is still about her. It could have still gone there.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The other threads are asking about sexism at Anet. This thread is asking about racism at Anet.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, your thread is about Jessica Price, just like all the other ones that already existed before you made this one. This one, the main one with 7+ pages, the one that was closed last night, and the other three or four I've seen posted in between those. I don't disagree that she has repeatedly said things that should not be said, especially by someone representing Anet in her Twitter description. But the forum spam is getting old.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, racism is a different crime from sexism. I would like to know what Anet thinks about racism. I can read the other topic for sexism. This one is about racism and what Anet is going to do about it.

> > > >

> > > > Racism and sexism are not necessarily crimes.

> > > >

> > > > This thread starts off by implying that multiple devs are racist. Not one individual, an attempt to paint all devs with one broad brush stroke in order to garner a reaction. It goes too far.

> > > >

> > > > The overall topic of the one specific dev's social views as shared on social media exists. There was no need to add to the forum spam IMO.

> > >

> > > This is why it is very important for Arenanet to quickly and loudly denounce such behavior in a public manner. Failure to do so speaks volumes about their stance

> >

> > This is not relevant to the point I made. Even if company management, or their lawyers, decide to not make a public denouncement there is no justification for implying that the individual employees of the company are racists.

>

> Guilty by association.

> If Anet allows it, we know their stance and by proxy the stance of other devs.

Afraid I have to disagree. Accusing individual employees of a company of something because another employee might have engaged in that behavior is ludicrous.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Defias.1892" said:

> > @"Ulyssean.1709" said:

> > > @"Defias.1892" said:

> > > Lmao. Willing to bet OP is alt-right. Anyways, there's nothing inherently racist about her tweet. She claims that 'whiteness' is an arbitrary marker to which we choose to deem others inferior to one another. She never actually says "hurr durr, white ppl r bad" or make any claim based solely on race. (Though I suppose it might be somewhat implied.) You could make a case about the Spain thing though, but I'm not a history genius so I don't exactly know if they created this caste system of "whiteness".

> >

> > I think making general statements about anyone that identifies as any race is textbook racism. Also, calling the OP names (in your opening words) does not do your post much credit.

> >

> >

>

> I want you to link me the the exact general statements that she specifically says aimed at race.

Rewrite her words on these forums but replace each instance of the word "white" with "black". Enjoy your ban and - depending on your country - enjoy your trip to the police station.

> @"Ulyssean.1709" said:

> > @"Defias.1892" said:

> > > @"Ulyssean.1709" said:

> > > > @"Defias.1892" said:

> > > > Lmao. Willing to bet OP is alt-right. Anyways, there's nothing inherently racist about her tweet. She claims that 'whiteness' is an arbitrary marker to which we choose to deem others inferior to one another. She never actually says "hurr durr, white ppl r bad" or make any claim based solely on race. (Though I suppose it might be somewhat implied.) You could make a case about the Spain thing though, but I'm not a history genius so I don't exactly know if they created this caste system of "whiteness".

> > >

> > > I think making general statements about anyone that identifies as any race is textbook racism. Also, calling the OP names (in your opening words) does not do your post much credit.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I want you to link me the the exact general statements that she specifically says aimed at race.

>

> Rewrite her words on these forums but replace each instance of the word "white" with "black". Enjoy your ban and - depending on your country - enjoy your trip to the police station.

Great evidence. Unfortunately not what I'm looking for.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 1. I don't think you read her post correctly, if you're trying to say that it is calling POC inferior. Might want to read it again.

> > > > > > > > > 2. Every other thread about her is still about her. It could have still gone there.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The other threads are asking about sexism at Anet. This thread is asking about racism at Anet.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, your thread is about Jessica Price, just like all the other ones that already existed before you made this one. This one, the main one with 7+ pages, the one that was closed last night, and the other three or four I've seen posted in between those. I don't disagree that she has repeatedly said things that should not be said, especially by someone representing Anet in her Twitter description. But the forum spam is getting old.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, racism is a different crime from sexism. I would like to know what Anet thinks about racism. I can read the other topic for sexism. This one is about racism and what Anet is going to do about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Racism and sexism are not necessarily crimes.

> > > > >

> > > > > This thread starts off by implying that multiple devs are racist. Not one individual, an attempt to paint all devs with one broad brush stroke in order to garner a reaction. It goes too far.

> > > > >

> > > > > The overall topic of the one specific dev's social views as shared on social media exists. There was no need to add to the forum spam IMO.

> > > >

> > > > This is why it is very important for Arenanet to quickly and loudly denounce such behavior in a public manner. Failure to do so speaks volumes about their stance

> > >

> > > This is not relevant to the point I made. Even if company management, or their lawyers, decide to not make a public denouncement there is no justification for implying that the individual employees of the company are racists.

> >

> > Guilty by association.

> > If Anet allows it, we know their stance and by proxy the stance of other devs.

>

> Afraid I have to disagree. Accusing individual employees of a company of something because another employee might have engaged in that behavior is ludicrous.

>

>

Then she needs to be terminated so that her views do not reflect as the views of Anet.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation

It isn't really; more like a... dramatic flourish for shock value. It's a single quote taken out of context from an extensive twitter monologue. She gives an introduction on historic xenophobia, then says:

"So how'd we get from there to "one drop of African blood makes you not white" and blood quantums and all that crap? (Essentially, how'd we get to whiteness being A Thing?). Blame Spain. They came up with this obsessive system of classification based on what kind of (racial) blood you supposedly had, and how much of it: the sistema de castas. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta "

She goes into a little more detail, and then the tweet OP quoted is her summary.

I know that she hasn't made many friends this morning, but let's try to be calm and balanced about it. I'm *fairly* sure that ANet will have noticed a couple of comments here and there and will be investigating.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

>

>

> Also post things in their entirety

> Check out @Delafina777’s Tweet:

>

> Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

She is targeting a racial group (white people) with hate speech.

Is the targeting of racial groups something that Anet condones?

> @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

>

> No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism.

Wait. Why did you edit this post? It originally said: "No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?"

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

> >

> >

> > Also post things in their entirety

> > Check out @Delafina777’s Tweet:

> >

> > Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

>

> She is targeting a racial group (white people) with hate speech.

> Is the targeting of racial groups something that Anet condones?

You might want to reread what you quoted. It doesnt support your conclusion.

Racism/sexism is not okay. It doesn't matter what race/gender you are talking about. She is obviously prejudice toward males and she has a disturbing amount of negative rhetoric regarding white people. All you have to do is google "Jessica Price white men" and you get pages of nasty twitter posts going back years. How did Anet hiring not notice this? Or maybe they did notice it. Maybe Anet endorses this kind of bigotry? Either Anet's hiring department is incompetent, or they are complicit.

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

> >

> >

> > Also post things in their entirety

> > Check out @Delafina777’s Tweet:

> >

> > Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

>

> She is targeting a racial group (white people) with hate speech.

> Is the targeting of racial groups something that Anet condones?

She actually didn't. Maybe read the entire tweet thread? Reading a clip of something without total context is beyond ignorant. You dont go see a 5second clip of a movie and know the entire plot. Or read 3 pages of a book and know every character. Read everything not just what you want to choose to make an issue out of

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

> >

> > No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism.

>

> Wait. Why did you edit this post? It originally said: "No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?"

This thread is about Jessica Price's ignorance, not yours. So I removed it for your benefit.

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

> > >

> > > No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism.

> >

> > Wait. Why did you edit this post? It originally said: "No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?"

>

> This thread is about Jessica Price's ignorance, not yours. So I removed it for your benefit.

Sure. ;)

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

> > >

> > >

> > > Also post things in their entirety

> > > Check out @Delafina777’s Tweet:

> > >

> > > Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

> >

> > She is targeting a racial group (white people) with hate speech.

> > Is the targeting of racial groups something that Anet condones?

>

> She actually didn't. Maybe read the entire tweet thread? Reading a clip of something without total context is beyond ignorant. You dont go see a 5secondof a movie and know the entire plot. Or read 3 pages of a book and know every character. Read everything not just what you want to choose to make an issue out of

I read the whole thing and it is clear to me she is exhibiting racism and sexism and it seems Anet allows it.

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Also post things in their entirety

> > > > Check out @Delafina777’s Tweet:

> > > >

> > > > Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

> > >

> > > She is targeting a racial group (white people) with hate speech.

> > > Is the targeting of racial groups something that Anet condones?

> >

> > She actually didn't. Maybe read the entire tweet thread? Reading a clip of something without total context is beyond ignorant. You dont go see a 5secondof a movie and know the entire plot. Or read 3 pages of a book and know every character. Read everything not just what you want to choose to make an issue out of

>

> I read the whole thing and it is clear to me she is exhibiting racism and sexism and it seems Anet allows it.

No. I dont think you even tried. Their is no way an educated person would consider what she said as rascism when taken in context.

For people that actually care to be informed here is the start of the thread

She explains clearly what she is talking about ( xenophobia and antisemitism). And obviously in context her snip of a quote that you took out of context is a summary of the original thread( which from a historic pov is pretty accurate as rascism or the earliest recorded instance of it was in Spain when they began to kick out the Moore's. Spanish inquisition I believe it was).

Read everything

Oh... Her.

Just more divisive, virtue-signalling on social media and yet more proof that smartphones are the new dunce cap. Nobody would even care who she is -only way I'd recognised her was her picture and only because she and one other woman at Anet are part of this wave of #metoo sackings -party to one of the men at Hairbrained Schemes being fired for sexual harassment. Hopefully the OP isn't an attempt at revenge for this as he more or less admitted to his shenanigans. He wasn't a prize to begin with, not much of a loss, and certainly not worth giving her even more attention.

That said, there's tons of these people everywhere and honestly they're not worth getting worked up over. Not worth firing. Not worth giving them even a second of your time. Unless of course the drivel they spew somehow scores hits on you personally. Even so, just ignore them. Youth is fleeting, beauty is subjective. Eventually they'll dry up, wither, and go away once they've figured out that nobody apart from their friends actually cares about what they have to say. More or less the norm for everyone using social media, actually.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > @"DijitalKiD.2154" said:

> > > > > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > > I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Also post things in their entirety

> > > > > Check out @Delafina777’s Tweet:

> > > > >

> > > > > Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

> > > >

> > > > She is targeting a racial group (white people) with hate speech.

> > > > Is the targeting of racial groups something that Anet condones?

> > >

> > > She actually didn't. Maybe read the entire tweet thread? Reading a clip of something without total context is beyond ignorant. You dont go see a 5secondof a movie and know the entire plot. Or read 3 pages of a book and know every character. Read everything not just what you want to choose to make an issue out of

> >

> > I read the whole thing and it is clear to me she is exhibiting racism and sexism and it seems Anet allows it.

>

> No. I dont think you even tried. Their is no way an educated person would consider what she said as rascism when taken in context.

> For people that actually care to be informed here is the start of the thread

>

>

> She explains clearly what she is talking about ( xenophobia and antisemitism). And obviously in context her snip of a quote that you took out of context is a summary of the original thread( whichild from a historic pov is pretty accurate as rascism or the earliest recorded instance of it was in Spain when they began to kick out the Moore's. Spanish inquisition I believe it was).

>

> Read everything

If you need to use ad hominems, it's likely you don't have much of an argument.

What she is saying is highly anti-white and racist.

> @"timetopat.7921" said:

> I’m kind of confused, how is this racist? Like I’m a white guy and have no idea what’s supposed to be offensive here. Like I get the other thread but this feels like reaching

It basically is. It's like rocket man reaching

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"timetopat.7921" said:

> > I’m kind of confused, how is this racist? Like I’m a white guy and have no idea what’s supposed to be offensive here. Like I get the other thread but this feels like reaching

>

> It basically is. It's like rocket man reaching

Honestly, based on this thread and the other one OP made not long after making this one, I think OP is just trying to troll. The original thread raises legitimate concerns. This one doesn't (at least not with the example OP used).

> @"Epiphany.7125" said:

> I'm reporting this thread. Mostly for the remarkable level of willful stupidity and ignorance that it represents. There was a time hard-core gamers tended to be on the well-educated side of the ignorance fence - not so anymore.

Nevermind that gamers used to understand the concept of "research". Citing a tweet out of context is the equivalent of "discovering" a build on the meta-site du jour.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"timetopat.7921" said:

> > I’m kind of confused, how is this racist? Like I’m a white guy and have no idea what’s supposed to be offensive here. Like I get the other thread but this feels like reaching

>

> It basically is. It's like rocket man reaching

This is like Michael Jordan at the end of space jam scoring the winning shot reaching