What about the other disrespectful dev?

I know some people must be tired of this being thread number 500 and will insta think "put it in the megathread". But also understand we are angry, this is not okay, two devs literally are insulting customers. And I know JP is the main star here, but why no one mentions Peter? This part of a bigger problem because he is a veteran dev, one of the core faces of Anet and it's narrative team, a dev that I looked up to. And I really really hope he was drunk when he said he was having a drink on his day off when people called him out on his horrible behavior. idk if I am stepping out of line, but for context not an excuse I am like Gorrik, I took a therapy session 3 years ago and got results that I am in the spectrum, not high but still in the spectrum so apologies if I may seem too sensitive or rude, again not an excuse just context. And I really hope at least a dev or even Peter reads this.

I legit cried. To me Peter was a cool guy. He literally wrote one of my fav characters in the franchise, enjoyed the stories. With the recent drama showing his and JP opinions......I am very hurt and does that mean that some devs don't care about our input? His comment towards Deroir on feedback was the most uncaring thing in this whole debacle.Why have a feedback thread for every episode?

But then again maybe I am being harsh, after all Peter has never had criticism since 2012. And just checked and everything is deleted. I swear why do people deleted things that 97% already saw? the damage is done! Here’s a bit of insight that I legitimately hope he reflects on: this is feedback to disgusting and uncaring actions towards customers.

I am very sad and very hurt..........idk if I want my fav character back in the story now :cry:

Both devs, Price and Peter, need to be called out for their behaviour. I think why people don't mention Peter is because he only made the one post (to my knowledge; was there more than one?), and he doesn't have a history of flying off the handle at the slightest perceived insult (again, to my knowledge; correct me if I'm wrong). But calling him out is just as important; both he and Price need to learn that Price's behaviour is not acceptable, nor can it be condoned in any situation.

**Edit: And Jessica Price and Peter are both fired.** THANK YOU, ARENANET.

[Edit 2: As it turns out, bold caps lock is not easy on the eyes. e_e Edited that. Sorry!]

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> And Jessica Price and Peter are both fired. THANK YOU, ARENANET.**

This actually surprised me, definitely a "Woah" moment, I didn't think they had it in them, to bad they don't take this hard stance against people cheating in PvP.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> What did Peter do exactly? I dont think he treated anyone badly during all this. He tried to defend a fellow co-worker (not well imo) but i can understand why would he.

Peter could have been the one to help the situation more than anyone else. He was the only other Dev around and involved while the others were on holiday. He also made a careless choice as JP did. He chose to take a side, support JP's response, and put down a player.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > What did Peter do exactly? I dont think he treated anyone badly during all this. He tried to defend a fellow co-worker (not well imo) but i can understand why would he.

>

> Peter could have been the one to help the situation more than anyone else. He was the only other Dev around and involved while the others were on holiday. He also made a careless choice as JP did. He chose to take a side, support JP's response, and put down a player.

Yes but he did it in a civil manner.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > What did Peter do exactly? I dont think he treated anyone badly during all this. He tried to defend a fellow co-worker (not well imo) but i can understand why would he.

> >

> > Peter could have been the one to help the situation more than anyone else. He was the only other Dev around and involved while the others were on holiday. He also made a careless choice as JP did. He chose to take a side, support JP's response, and put down a player.

>

> Yes but he did it in a civil manner.

Putting down a player and misrepresenting your company even in a "civil manner" doesn't make it okay. There were a hundred better choices they could have made. They choose the wrong one unfortunately.

If he was indeed the other dev that was let go, I don't think it necessarily was only about his comments on twitter, but probably because of the internal discussions they had.

Of course this is just speculation, but it is likely, that whatever he was reasoning during internal discussions wasn't necessarily in line with ANet's values and that's why they chose to terminate his employment.

Other than that and the connection people draw between her misbehavings and him defending her I think in his case it was a harsh decision, but nontheless one that I can understand.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > What did Peter do exactly? I dont think he treated anyone badly during all this. He tried to defend a fellow co-worker (not well imo) but i can understand why would he.

> > >

> > > Peter could have been the one to help the situation more than anyone else. He was the only other Dev around and involved while the others were on holiday. He also made a careless choice as JP did. He chose to take a side, support JP's response, and put down a player.

> >

> > Yes but he did it in a civil manner.

>

> Putting down a player and misrepresenting your company even in a "civil manner" doesn't make it okay. There were a hundred better choices they could have made. They choose the wrong one unfortunately.

Yes but it was nowhere near the lvl of what JP did and doesnt deserve the same punishment, some kind of punishment yes. Not firing him for not agreeing with a player in a respectful way.

I'm in agreement that JPrice went too far, and her behaviour, especially past behaviour that came to light after this incident was just inexcusable.

But Peter, while he should have been reprimanded, and should have made a public apology, i don't think his behaviour in this case merited being fired.

But that was their decision, and while regrettable and entirely avoidable, it was probably for the best.

It's really sad to see many of my fears about the future of GW2 come to pass so quickly in succession.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > What did Peter do exactly? I dont think he treated anyone badly during all this. He tried to defend a fellow co-worker (not well imo) but i can understand why would he.

> > > >

> > > > Peter could have been the one to help the situation more than anyone else. He was the only other Dev around and involved while the others were on holiday. He also made a careless choice as JP did. He chose to take a side, support JP's response, and put down a player.

> > >

> > > Yes but he did it in a civil manner.

> >

> > Putting down a player and misrepresenting your company even in a "civil manner" doesn't make it okay. There were a hundred better choices they could have made. They choose the wrong one unfortunately.

>

> Yes but it was nowhere near the lvl of what JP did and doesnt deserve the same punishment, some kind of punishment yes. Not firing him for not agreeing with a player in a respectful way.

I disagree, how Peter responded was not okay, telling a customer that "I legit hope he reflects on this: she never asked for his feedback" and "if im coming off as rude I'm sorry it's my day off and I'm drinking"says a LOT (especially when years back I actually had a civilized discussion with Peter and he apparently took my feedback well....or maybe was lying to me?) and does not reflect well on Anet

Edit: However, I do not know if firing him was necessary, IF and that is a big if he was drinking that's an excuse, then again he is a veteran dev he should've known better with customer interaction.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > What did Peter do exactly? I dont think he treated anyone badly during all this. He tried to defend a fellow co-worker (not well imo) but i can understand why would he.

> > > >

> > > > Peter could have been the one to help the situation more than anyone else. He was the only other Dev around and involved while the others were on holiday. He also made a careless choice as JP did. He chose to take a side, support JP's response, and put down a player.

> > >

> > > Yes but he did it in a civil manner.

> >

> > Putting down a player and misrepresenting your company even in a "civil manner" doesn't make it okay. There were a hundred better choices they could have made. They choose the wrong one unfortunately.

>

> Yes but it was nowhere near the lvl of what JP did and doesnt deserve the same punishment, some kind of punishment yes. Not firing him for not agreeing with a player in a respectful way.

That isn't how it works, Zealex. Certainly not in a large company like this.

A GW 2 vet condoning and supporting a fellow employee's damaging responses that he should have at the very least, stayed away from. When you bully a kid at school and your parent cheers you on and shames the kid being bullied, who do you think deserves the same if not more consequences?

His choices don't just speak to this incident, they speak to his character, his mindset, and his future choices as an Anet Dev. He is now an employee that needs to be worried about. He is now an Anet Dev that can possibly make other Devs and the playerbase uncomfortable. He certainly has less credibility, trust, and respect.

This is not the kind of dev you can have working at a large company where reputation, marketing, and title are paramount. Especially in a highly competitive industry and a highly scrutinized society.