Beetle races. How many of you know this us a thing?

I've heard about them, but I've not had time to play much since the last update and when I have it's been in towns or in out of the way maps so I've not seen them yet. But they sound like fun and I'm glad people have gone ahead and done it. I look forward to seeing one, and maybe joining in when I finally get my beetle.

Never heard of them and probably won't get the beettle before September. I don't understand the need to get the latest new shiny right away, get bored with it within a month and moan there is nothing to do. These races are a prime example of ppl already bored with them and needing to find a way to justify getting them on day one. How long as it been ? 2 weeks?

![](https://i.imgur.com/cB8iwrx.jpg "")

My name is Mad Mr. Helpful. My world is fire and blood. Once, I was with Asura law enforcement. A beetle rider searching for a righteous cause. As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy... me... or everyone else.

I am the one that runs from both the living and the dead. Hunted by skritt, haunted by those I could not protect. So I exist in this Maguuma Wastes, a guzzolene chugging beetle rider, reduced to one instinct: **survive**.

There are guilds building circuits on every map.

Every circuit has is own rules: 3 laps, end on commander, you must cross every marker the commander use to build the circuit. Sometime we give out prizes for the winners.

This mount give you a lot of new options. If you never tried one but you're saying it is boring.... i can only tell you to get one the faster you can.

The no care option is don't open the post ;P

I've seen a few listed on LFG, and a couple in progress in a couple of maps while I've been doing my own thing. But not joined any yet, they sound like they could be a bit of fun for something different every now and then, but how do people set a track and make sure people stick to it? (I mean I know a comm could place markers as points for the track, but you can't set a series of S bends and chicanes I take it?)

> @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> Never heard of them and probably won't get the beettle before September. I don't understand the need to get the latest new shiny right away, get bored with it within a month and moan there is nothing to do. These races are a prime example of ppl already bored with them and needing to find a way to justify getting them on day one. How long as it been ? 2 weeks?

You get it right away while there are others available to help you do it. Some features become depopulated like the Orr events.

Killermanjaro we have referees watching the map while the race go on. That way you have just to watch the blue icons crossing the markers. Anyway most circuits are built preventing cheesy cuts; )

Most of the time markers are used just to point the hard turns. Join the next race you see in lfg and you'll understand