Legendaries with benefits

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> I dont see why legendaries should have more than they do now.

>

> They are, largely, cosmetic options. Dont think the cosmetics are worth the effort? Dont get one.

>

> Obviouslt a lot of people do craft them, so working as intended IMO.

Because Legendary Armour raised the bar to which all Legendary items should be held to.

I think it's already kind of irritating that we lock a basic quality of life feature behind a gigantic gold sink. Maybe we should also lock teleporting to waypoints behind legendary trinkets or something. For my part, I think legendaries(of all types) should have been cosmetic-only.

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> I think it's already kind of irritating that we lock a basic quality of life feature behind a gigantic gold sink. Maybe we should also lock teleporting to waypoints behind legendary trinkets or something. For my part, I think legendaries(of all types) should have been cosmetic-only.

That's a good idea! I'm working on aurora right now so when I finish I wouldn't mind that change xD

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > I dont see why legendaries should have more than they do now.

> >

> > They are, largely, cosmetic options. Dont think the cosmetics are worth the effort? Dont get one.

> >

> > Obviouslt a lot of people do craft them, so working as intended IMO.

>

> Because Legendary Armour raised the bar to which all Legendary items should be held to.

When did they add access to a lounge, free gems, or free gemstore items to legendary armor?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Because Legendary Armour raised the bar to which all Legendary items should be held to.

> When did they add access to a lounge, free gems, or free gemstore items to legendary armor?

They meant the free upgrade removability, which legendary weapons still don't have but should have.

Anyway, @"Nopesarenotforme.5190": I don't see your problem. If you consider it a "brainless task", just don't do it. No one is forcing you and it doesn't give you an advantage over other players. Legendaries are _not_ endgame. I have seen tons of players who own one but are playing like noobs, so that's no indicator. There is real endgame content, but legendaries are not it. (By the way, the scavenger hunts required for generation one and a couple of gen two legendaries are actually fun to do.)

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Okay, the name of this thread made me laugh. Who doesn't love legendaries with benefits anyway?!

There's such a fitting comic strip from my namesake I could post, but I'd get myself insta-banned if I did.. :disappointed_relieved:

Just throwing my two coppers in here... I think the exclusive skins (which almost always include some kind of foot-step effect) are the "benefits" of a legendary. The original purpose of legendary weapons was: "you've done everything else, so here's your final achievement." They were never intended to provide any sort of gameplay advantage -- they were originally meant to be a cosmetic status symbol. The intention was that if players were not able or interested in crafting a legendary weapon, they would never be at a disadvantage. Allowing legendary gear to stat-swap was a very nice quality-of-life bonus which admittedly does provide a tangible advantage, but is commensurate with the amount of time, effort and expense required to craft a piece of legendary gear. I think at this point, legendary gear already has a tangible benefit over ascended gear -- and anything further would further push legendary gear into the "must have" category, rather than the "nice to have" category -- as was originally intended.

Exotic gear (with the proper stat set for your build) is supposed to be the "must have -- but easily acquired" baseline for any character. Ascended equipment is the "probably should have, if you're really serious" gear for those who want to engage in really-high endgame content. And Legendary gear is intended to be the "elite, vanity end-game gear" for those who have invested ridiculous amounts of time, effort and resources into "prestige gear".

So... no, I don't think legendaries should have any additional benefits since their original intention was simply "lookin' good, at the highest gear tier."

> @"Maximus Delion.8719" said:

> Just throwing my two coppers in here... I think the exclusive skins (which almost always include some kind of foot-step effect) are the "benefits" of a legendary. The original purpose of legendary weapons was: "you've done everything else, so here's your final achievement." They were never intended to provide any sort of gameplay advantage -- they were originally meant to be a cosmetic status symbol.

Clearly they aren't any longer with their selectable stats, and then the Rune swapping on the Legendary Armour.

Anet are obviously not taking that approach to Legendaries anymore.

As such, it is only reasonable to up them all to the useability level of the Legendary Armour.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Clearly they aren't any longer with their selectable stats, and then the Rune swapping on the Legendary Armour.

>

> Anet are obviously not taking that approach to Legendaries anymore.

>

> As such, it is only reasonable to up them all to the useability level of the Legendary Armour.

>

Yet, with the current stat swapping and, in the case of legendary armor, rune swapping (which, only a VERY, VERY TINY percent of the total character population actually has), shouldn't that be considered more than enough benefit? Remember that the original intent of legendary "weapons" (the only type of legendary gear way back at the beginning) was that they were "max-tier but vanity" gear -- i.e. they didn't provide any benefit beyond max tier stats, along with an exclusive appearance. All the other benefits we've received (stat swaps, rune swaps) have been icing on the cake of the original intent. To me at least, adding EVEN MORE beyond that just seems to be... beyond the original spirit and intent of legendary gear.

Legendary gear was never supposed to be "OMG IZ HAZ TO HAZ!!!!" It was supposed to be a prestige symbol.

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Clearly they aren't any longer with their selectable stats, and then the Rune swapping on the Legendary Armour.

> >

> > Anet are obviously not taking that approach to Legendaries anymore.

> >

> > As such, it is only reasonable to up them all to the useability level of the Legendary Armour.

> >

> Yet, with the current stat swapping and, in the case of legendary armor, rune swapping (which, only a VERY, VERY TINY percent of the total character population actually has), shouldn't that be considered more than enough benefit? Remember that the original intent of legendary "weapons" (the only type of legendary gear way back at the beginning) was that they were "max-tier but vanity" gear -- i.e. they didn't provide any benefit beyond max tier stats, along with an exclusive appearance. All the other benefits we've received (stat swaps, rune swaps) have been icing on the cake of the original intent. To me at least, adding EVEN MORE beyond that just seems to be... beyond the original spirit and intent of legendary gear.

>

> Legendary gear was never supposed to be "OMG IZ HAZ TO HAZ!!!!" It was supposed to be a prestige symbol.

>

>

>

No, because stat switching is next to useless without Sigil swapping.

Also, enough with hammering on about the "original intent".

As I explained in my previous post, we're far beyond that at this point.

> Exotic gear (with the proper stat set for your build) is supposed to be the "must have -- but easily acquired" baseline for any character. Ascended equipment is the "probably should have, if you're really serious" gear for those who want to engage in really-high endgame content. And Legendary gear is intended to be the "elite, vanity end-game gear" for those who have invested ridiculous amounts of time, effort and resources into "prestige gear".

>

Yes, I agree with that but you forgot to look at the fact that I have paid 50$ to have access to all parts of the game and a bit more for gems, and I intend to do so, there are people who play this game for free but it's their choice, when I bought access to PoF and HoT I expected to experience some of the games most exciting content in a matter of a year(and I'm including the fact that it's an MMO). And for Legendary armor and weapons that takes months and even years of grind I and I can bet that a few others too expect it to be much more impactful than just a few cool footsteps and lighting effect which should belong to the gems store.

Again my point is that Legendarys are not "Legendary" enough for their "perstigious" position and cost.