Player Invaders PKing in Fractals/Raids

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> Care to elaborate on why it's a bad idea?

>

> I think it's a great idea because it breaks away from mundane 'top dps' benchmarking / speedrunning and require players to adapt to unexpected encounters.

It just add toxicity in a game, in the end, either the whole raid/party gank onto the "invader" and send them to respawn ad nauseum or people give up and cry in world chat about "stupid PvPer ruining other's PvE".

As long as it's not the default and I can choose to have these invaders or not on my run. Sure why not, I doubt the feature would be used much since fractals and raids usually warrant optimise setup to cut duration as much as possible. Not sure who would want to add an hinderance like that and that it would warrant the dev/res time and effort.

lmao. This is such a ridiculous idea. It would be downright hilarious to watch it happen to other people, but I would rage so hard if it happened to me. The raiders would automatically be at a disadvantage because they would be fighting the NPCs, who would be aggroed on them, and THEN have to fight the incoming players. It would be a rage-inducing slaughter every time.

Would make for some amazing youtube videos, though.

> Not sure if this idea has been brought up, but would it be possible to have other players invade fractal/raid instances to player kill like dark souls? I would think this would add spice to these game modes.

I think it's a terrible idea as there are totally different builds for runningfractals and pvp. I dont understand why you want to change pve content when there is already an entire pvp side to GW2.

I speak as a strictly pve only player, i dont see the point of doing this, its completely nonsensical.

As a separate game mode, sure.

I think many folks are envisioning players crashing into their PvE Fractal experience, hence the reaction. Which is understandable - they signed up for a PvE Fractal experience, not a PvP.. whatever we'd call it.

> @"Tolmos.8395" said:

> lmao. This is such a ridiculous idea. It would be downright hilarious to watch it happen to other people, but I would rage so hard if it happened to me. The raiders would automatically be at a disadvantage because they would be fighting the NPCs, who would be aggroed on them, and THEN have to fight the incoming players. It would be a rage-inducing slaughter every time.

>

> Would make for some amazing youtube videos, though.

Since the invaders "only" need to hinder the player group and have no incentive to kill any mobs, I'd imagine the majority of invaders would be permastealth-thieves. They would just hide until the group engages in a boss-fight and has all the aggro. Then they'd wait for a tough situation and throw their extra weight on the scale to help the boss out. Imagine barely completing a mechanic, everyone is low-life and suddenly a thief pops up and starts heart-seeker finishing the whole group.

I had suggested something similar in the past. The idea was to make it a scripted part of the raid. The raiders would get close to the boss who would then summon 10 "champions of the mist" to face them. If the raiders won, they would face the boss. If the champions won, they would get some raid currency and exit the instance. No one would be able to randomly attack the raiders while they were busy fighting something else.

Have done open world PvP and found it fun, but IMO I would wager that it would only apply to about 10% of the player base and don't think it would fit well in GW2. PvE is meant to be more players aiding each other. We have WvW and PvP to allow us to mix it up with each other, I think that fits that niche already.

On a side note, mentioned this in the past, player controlled mobs and world bosses would be of interest. Course since then AoC have picked up that idea and will be interesting to see if the model works. Not apposed to games learning from each other and adapting from there.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> If I could bomb players at teq; I would probably camp it day in day out.

>

> I'd collect all the tears and create a new ocean.

This is why you dont mix pve and pvp. you get griefers like this person who only want to ruin other people's game time.

You mix pvp and pve and you lose all your pve players, and since the vast majority of players in gw2 are pve focused players this would kill the game.

Why would you ever want to introduce PvPing into PvE content?? You already have PvP and WvW if you wanna fight against other players.

It would be one thing if GW2 did not have a PvP mode system but we already have that, but the suggestion is horrible anyway. GW2 will most likely loose aloooot of their playerbase which will concludes GW2's fate, so I say a big NO! :-1:

> Not sure if this idea has been brought up, but would it be possible to have other players invade fractal/raid instances to player kill like dark souls? I would think this would add spice to these game modes.

If you want to kill players, go play PvP. But keep PvP out of PvE, and certainly don't shove it down our throats with this "invasion" crap. Fractals and Raids not spicy enough for you? Find some other content that is. And if GW2 isn't enough like Dark Souls, go play Dark Souls. It's that simple. I guess you just don't understand the principles GW2 is based on. Bringing PvP into PvE would be one surefire way to put me off GW2, and judging from previous threads about PvP in PvE most of the PvE community agrees with this.

Yeah, the only ways this could end is with invaders getting bursted down in seconds by a fully geared-up team, or lying in wait to ambush isolated players trying to do mechanics. How would you like to deal with a random player throwing in with the enemies when you're trying to stand on a gate switch in underground facility, capping a point in nightmare, or waiting at a switch in aetherblade? Either way it'll lead to nothing but frustration.

The only way I could see it happening would be something like the doppelganger in the riverlands, where you're not actually fighting the player, but an NPC copy. Maybe if they did some kind of Hall of Heroes fractal and the final boss was a group made of copies of the last team to play the fractal. Or some kind of instability that randomly inserted a doppleganger amongst enemy groups.

> @"Notsure.7028" said:

> > @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > If I could bomb players at teq; I would probably camp it day in day out.

> >

> > I'd collect all the tears and create a new ocean.

>

> This is why you dont mix pve and pvp. you get griefers like this person who only want to ruin other people's game time.

>

> You mix pvp and pve and you lose all your pve players, and since the vast majority of players in gw2 are pve focused players this would kill the game.

This to the nth!

It could be funny if it is an OPT IN you can choose at the start of the fractal.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> If I could bomb players at teq; I would probably camp it day in day out.

>

> I'd collect all the tears and create a new ocean.

You would get farmed. 100 people vs 1 ganker. You have no chance as long as there is a 5 target limit