Wow, just wow

I return after a break and what do I see?

A new feature called **Swim-Speed Infusions**, well the only thing I can say is we finally reached the ultimate grind with this.

That's because a **+30 Infusion ** currently would cost roughly 300000 gold to make, which is in fact more than our wallets can have at maximum i.e. 200000.

I mean what is up with that? It's not even worth farming for the Aqua Breathers, as the Wegloop's Breathers for Winterberries are much more easy to get, not to mention the fact Wegloop's have HoT stats selectable.

I guess if you don't have HoT and really want an Ascended Aquatic Breather, but crafting one would cost half of what these do at current prices.

Seriously I don't get how creating the ultimate grind fest is suppose to "fix" underwater combat.

I know that they have new skins, ~~ripped right out of Harry Potter,~~ but even then is it worth it? I mean who will actually get to see it in action?

Most underwater combat right now comes from the Aquatic Fractal, which in fact ridicules the existance of these Swim-Speed Infusions even more, as Mist Mobility Potions will already give you up to 25% speed while inside there.

Pretty sure the update is in anticipation of new underwater zones. Otherwise, why bother. My experience with these things is that initially they're difficult to acquire, but then as time goes on they get increasingly simple to acquire. This is a first step, not the destination.

Just something to do. If you do the daily achievement you'll accumulate hundreds of +10 infusions in time. I guess making it max at +30 is just a way to keep you doing that achieve every day if you're so inclined. Frankly the whole thing fell flat when the sunken chests bugged and they spent weeks not fixing it. They clearly don't really care, and I seriously doubt they're ramping to an underwater region given the laxness of the response when these chests stopped working. Just another abandoned possibility, like making sure you select the 'charming' option in your storyline.

Infusions have been a thing since like 2013. The swim speed infusion works just the same way as others.

They seem easier to get than agony infusions too.

Many people who play the game sometime find they don't know what to do in between LS episodes, now we have 1 more thing to do. It's also great to be able to progress something in a different way than in a collection.

Wiki says the price for a max 30 [swim speed](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swim-Speed_Infusion_%2B10) is about 24k gold. Which is nothing to sneeze at but it’s not 300k gold either.

>The total cost for the Swim-Speed Infusion +30 (the current largest) is 2^(30 - 10) = 1,048,576 Swim-Speed Infusion +10 and 24,245.76 gold

The swim speed starts at +10%. Probably the vast majority won’t go much above that. You’re certainly not required to max it out. That’s more for the completionists.

Do you actually need +30 swim speed?

Admittedly I think a reward system which is only acceptable to players because they can ignore it is a bad system, but if you're one of the people happy to ignore it then that's Anet's problem, you don't need to worry about it.

So far I haven't used any swim speed infusions, even though I've gotten several. I've just been selling them because I'm not a fan of speed boosts I can't easily disable and I've certainly not felt like I was missing out.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Wiki says the price for a max 30 [swim speed](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swim-Speed_Infusion_%2B10) is about 24k gold. Which is nothing to sneeze at but it’s not 300k gold either.

>

> >The total cost for the Swim-Speed Infusion +30 (the current largest) is 2^(30 - 10) = 1,048,576 Swim-Speed Infusion +10 and 24,245.76 gold

>

> The swim speed starts at +10%. Probably the vast majority won’t go much above that. You’re certainly not required to max it out. That’s more for the completionists.

The price of 1 +10 is an average 27 silver or 0.27 gold multiply that by 1048576 it gives 283115 gold - math is hard eh?

24k gold is only the price of exchange without the cost of buying all the infusions.

> @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Wiki says the price for a max 30 [swim speed](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swim-Speed_Infusion_%2B10) is about 24k gold. Which is nothing to sneeze at but it’s not 300k gold either.

> >

> > >The total cost for the Swim-Speed Infusion +30 (the current largest) is 2^(30 - 10) = 1,048,576 Swim-Speed Infusion +10 and 24,245.76 gold

> >

> > The swim speed starts at +10%. Probably the vast majority won’t go much above that. You’re certainly not required to max it out. That’s more for the completionists.

>

> The price of 1 +10 is an average 27 silver or 0.27 gold multiply that by 1048576 it gives 283115 gold - math is hard eh?

> 24k gold is only the price of exchange without the cost of buying all the infusions.

If your math is correct then you can update the wiki.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > Wiki says the price for a max 30 [swim speed](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swim-Speed_Infusion_%2B10) is about 24k gold. Which is nothing to sneeze at but it’s not 300k gold either.

> > >

> > > >The total cost for the Swim-Speed Infusion +30 (the current largest) is 2^(30 - 10) = 1,048,576 Swim-Speed Infusion +10 and 24,245.76 gold

> > >

> > > The swim speed starts at +10%. Probably the vast majority won’t go much above that. You’re certainly not required to max it out. That’s more for the completionists.

> >

> > The price of 1 +10 is an average 27 silver or 0.27 gold multiply that by 1048576 it gives 283115 gold - math is hard eh?

> > 24k gold is only the price of exchange without the cost of buying all the infusions.

>

> If your math is correct then you can update the wiki.

No, that's the point. They are not accounting for the Infusion costs in that estimation. That's the flat cost it will take if you *did* have all Infusions already on hand. Because the price of anything on the TP changes, it would make no sense to adjust a static number to adjust for something that fluctuates.

The swim speed infusions are exponential, which is not worth it when the bonus is a *percent* beyond a very basic level. Above +20, it's just nuts. (Honestly swiftness, even underwater, is just not that hard to come by!) Hopefully at some point they'll adjust the scaling of the bonus so that it's a better deal, but who knows.

> @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> I return after a break and what do I see?

> A new feature called **Swim-Speed Infusions**, well the only thing I can say is we finally reached the ultimate grind with this.

> That's because a **+30 Infusion ** currently would cost roughly 300000 gold to make, which is in fact more than our wallets can have at maximum i.e. 200000.

> I mean what is up with that? It's not even worth farming for the Aqua Breathers, as the Wegloop's Breathers for Winterberries are much more easy to get, not to mention the fact Wegloop's have HoT stats selectable.

> I guess if you don't have HoT and really want an Ascended Aquatic Breather, but crafting one would cost half of what these do at current prices.

>

> Seriously I don't get how creating the ultimate grind fest is suppose to "fix" underwater combat.

> I know that they have new skins, ~~ripped right out of Harry Potter,~~ but even then is it worth it? I mean who will actually get to see it in action?

> Most underwater combat right now comes from the Aquatic Fractal, which in fact ridicules the existance of these Swim-Speed Infusions even more, as Mist Mobility Potions will already give you up to 25% speed while inside there.

It's less than 12 Gold (and 512 Swim Speed Infusions [free]) for an Ascended Aquabreather from Dive Master Astora. Not really very expensive.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> The first mistake is assuming people craft ascended rebreathers to begin with....

> Nothing underwater requires that much AR so why waste the gold on it.

So that in the open world, you have max armor when under water.

But, they ALL really need to have a slot for a rune, so you can get back up to 6 when underwater.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> > I return after a break and what do I see?

> > A new feature called **Swim-Speed Infusions**, well the only thing I can say is we finally reached the ultimate grind with this.

> > That's because a **+30 Infusion ** currently would cost roughly 300000 gold to make, which is in fact more than our wallets can have at maximum i.e. 200000.

> > I mean what is up with that? It's not even worth farming for the Aqua Breathers, as the Wegloop's Breathers for Winterberries are much more easy to get, not to mention the fact Wegloop's have HoT stats selectable.

> > I guess if you don't have HoT and really want an Ascended Aquatic Breather, but crafting one would cost half of what these do at current prices.

> >

> > Seriously I don't get how creating the ultimate grind fest is suppose to "fix" underwater combat.

> > I know that they have new skins, ~~ripped right out of Harry Potter,~~ but even then is it worth it? I mean who will actually get to see it in action?

> > Most underwater combat right now comes from the Aquatic Fractal, which in fact ridicules the existance of these Swim-Speed Infusions even more, as Mist Mobility Potions will already give you up to 25% speed while inside there.

>

> It's less than 12 Gold (and 512 Swim Speed Infusions [free]) for an Ascended Aquabreather from Dive Master Astora. Not really very expensive.

While I think TCs outrage is in no way warranted, those 512 swim speed infusions are not free. They could be sold on the TP for over 120g atm. So that underwater breather is currently the most expensive armor piece to get with the least actual value. Just saying.

> @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> I return after a break and what do I see?

> A new feature called **Swim-Speed Infusions**, well the only thing I can say is we finally reached the ultimate grind with this.

> That's because a **+30 Infusion ** currently would cost roughly 300000 gold to make, which is in fact more than our wallets can have at maximum i.e. 200000.

> I mean what is up with that? It's not even worth farming for the Aqua Breathers, as the Wegloop's Breathers for Winterberries are much more easy to get, not to mention the fact Wegloop's have HoT stats selectable.

> I guess if you don't have HoT and really want an Ascended Aquatic Breather, but crafting one would cost half of what these do at current prices.

>

> Seriously I don't get how creating the ultimate grind fest is suppose to "fix" underwater combat.

> I know that they have new skins, ~~ripped right out of Harry Potter,~~ but even then is it worth it? I mean who will actually get to see it in action?

> Most underwater combat right now comes from the Aquatic Fractal, which in fact ridicules the existance of these Swim-Speed Infusions even more, as Mist Mobility Potions will already give you up to 25% speed while inside there.

Why would you want to spend any gold at all on swimming slightly faster? It's an optional, novelty item, for those who have nothing else to spend on.

Swim speed caps out at 40% above normal, including all buffs. So e.g. outside of combat, Swim +10 already puts you at the cap while under the effects of swiftness.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> And yet, one can acquire them at no cost, other than time.

Acquiring something with only time spent is not equal to it being free (besides the fact that time its self is not free), but yes if you want to be very simplistic the swim speed infusions are without acquisition cost.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > And yet, one can acquire them at no cost, other than time.

> >

> > That is contradiction in itself.

>

> You're playing the game fully willingly to spend time.

Unless you can do 2 different things at the same time in game on 1 account (which I assume you cant) even the time spent in game has value towards specific tasks.