Tea time

So... I feel like it is a bad time to mention how cool it would have been if someone from anet goes to teatime and have a fun chat about random stuff weekly.

Would that have been a bad idea before these recent events unfolded? It just seems like a pretty chill stream.

Anet chooses when to send ppl out there and what to say/announce when and through which channels. They used to be more open in the past but the community just couldn't deal with it. Sure, we always had thank you threads and at first everyone is super PMA about an anouncement, but ANet had to learn that missing an estimated ETA for a patch or a fix has yielded them nothing but disrespect and whining. "XY when pls!?!?!", "When will you finally fix the game breaking bug Z?". I fully understand, that a more secretive approach has been chosen.

Also "chatting about random stuff" in a "chill stream" can just as much create the drama we witnessed. It's that crossing the line between professional and casual communication that led to it.

> @"Tajiseed.7831" said:

> I'm lost - what's tea time got to do with gw2? Are you inviting Devs round for dinner?

It's a podcast/talkshow if you will hosted by a partner named Mighty Teapot. He often features 3 users from the community some partners, others just prominent in their game modes. They talk about the game/patches/state there of and what not. For what it's worth some of its common guest are Derior and MMOINKS whom you may know by name from the recent twitter issue.

I don't think it would have been too soon for any Anet dev should one want, but given who they had on this session i don't know if a devs input would have helped much. Though it's probably best if you ask Teapot himself about his guest scheduling.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> ...

You're not wrong! I mean... While not _everyone_ would do it, I could see where a lot of people take an approach like they do everytime they see GRRMartin give an interview. Everytime he makes public appearances; there are always fans out there seething and demanding why he isn't locked in a tower somewhere until he finishes his books. People can get really demanding. GW2 community in general is better than most QQ communities; but i'm sure it would still go on to some degree.

i dont know, Teapot's chat stream usually goes on for like 1 hr 30min to 2 hr 30 min

dont think anyone would like hear the dev constantly saying "sorry, i cannot say anything regarding this topic" for 2 hours

**HOWEVER**, i do want Teapot to interview the dev on how he feels about getting gang murdered in WvW by Teapot on stream :lol:

It's impossible considering dev communication being on leash most of the time. Imagine hundreds of questions being asked and dev repeating "I can't talk about this" every time. Also, exposing innocent dev to teapot's chat is like taking 8 year old kid to see deadpool movies. Or clockwork orange.

But if we really want to go into fantasy land and theorycraft about this, I would like to see Ruby, that dev responsible for legendary armor together with Brazil talking about the game and their areas of expertise. That would be delightful.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I would like to see Ruby, that dev responsible for legendary armor together with Brazil talking about the game and their areas of expertise. That would be delightful.

There's a reason that matter & anti-matter are kept separate ;)

I like the idea tho: I would very much like her to have the devs responsible for armor skins discuss their job (probably Brazil isn't the best choice to serve as a player advocate). They have done this with other departments and I think it would be really useful to hear from them about why it takes so long, what sort of visual errors we don't see (because they got nipped in the bud), how they decide on aesthetics for a new set, and so on.

She could record the session before an armor set released, and share it afterward, to avoid spoilers (or getting too many cooks involved in making soup).