Infinite Volatile Magic Mining Tool - 3 strikes instead of 4

On May 8 late patch notes (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest), it is specified that unlimited mining tools should all strike four times instead of three on rich nodes.

>

> All unlimited-use mining tools will now strike four times instead of three when mining rich ore nodes.

However, the new infinite volatile magic mining tool doesnt behave this way. It strikes 3 times, which makes it significantly slower than other infinite tools. I believe it is unintended and should be fixed.

• 2 months later...

This is still a problem and as somebody who spends a lot of time on rich mining nodes, this is very annoying. I honestly feel very ripped off.

I originally wanted the Infinite Unbound Magic gathering tools, but since these weren't available, I got the Infinite Volatile Magic gathering tools instead. VM tools aren't as useful as UM tools for getting ascended trinkets and combined with this bug, I feel like I got scammed by Anet just so that I'd buy the UM tools as well, now that they're finally available.

Please, at least fix the gathering speed on the IVM tools, Anet. It's been months.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> I think the 4-4-2 strikes on unbound is a hidden feature of the Unbound Magic skin. I have it and filled with the volatile magic glyph or the glyph of bounty.

Before the May 8 patch mentioned by the OP, the bog-standard 100-use mining tools bought for copper or karma, as well as *some* of the infinite mining tools, used the 4-4-2 pattern, while some other infinite mining tools still used the original 3-3-3-1 pattern. After the May 8 patch the 4-4-2 strikes on mining nodes should be a feature of *all* mining tools. And they pretty much are except, apparently, for the Volatile Magic Mining Tool.