What if we changed Death Spiral like scrapper hammer 4?

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> A block on necromancer? That would be a script error, ain't it?

Like he said, it's kinda not very within the theme. Reaper needs either a small attack speed boost or a damage boost to really fulfill the creeping Mike Meyers-like Juggernaut.

Right now he's not that scary, he's not very mobile, he lost a lot of it's survivability with shroud nerfs, and the damage boost is minor and coming from a single trait, mostly.

I have to tell you, Reaper used to be a beast in sPvP, back in like season 3-4 i'd use to solo 3-4 guys with some ease.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > A block on necromancer? That would be a script error, ain't it?

>

> Like he said, it's kinda not very within the theme. Reaper needs either a small attack speed boost or a damage boost to really fulfill the creeping Mike Meyers-like Juggernaut.

> Right now he's not that scary, he's not very mobile, he lost a lot of it's survivability with shroud nerfs, and the damage boost is minor and coming from a single trait, mostly.

>

> I have to tell you, Reaper used to be a beast in sPvP, back in like season 3-4 i'd use to solo 3-4 guys with some ease.

Well even though it's not in the theme. Since anet doesn't give us real active defences, and other classes got things not on theme... i mean why not ? u.u

I Think its a good idea (Even tho its not in the Reaper theme)

Block or evade i think will be a good idea i mean lets forget the reaper theme for a sec

all the other GS wielding classes have either a block.evade or mobility on thier GS sets why not for reaper

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > I just realise that I was mistaking death spiral for soul spiral... And now I can't help but laugh stupidly at how silly the buff of this skill is...

>

> Can you elaborate? Why would be silly? I know it's not conventional but I mean to me it doesn't seems that stupid tbh

Oh no I was talking of the "buff" we just had on this skill, this skill would need gravedigger level of dps in order for it to be used in a rotation and the increase above 50% is far from being able to achieve that.

How to make Necro greatsword awesome:

* Skill 1 = Speed up AA chain and add some projectile effect like rev AA that chills on range / deals damage

* Skill 2 = keep as is for PvE, change to a shadowstep that corrupts a few boons, tune damage accordingly

* Skill 3 = Add a block for the duration like you mentioned, maybe even some seconds after

* Skill 4 = Now counts as a well and blocks projectiles

* Skill 5 = Sequence skill without cooldown : First cast send out the "claw" and stun and damage enemies hit , second cast, pull back the claw to your current location, pulling foes.

Simply put give this weapon a reason to be in longer then spaming a few skills for a one trick pony effect.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > I just realise that I was mistaking death spiral for soul spiral... And now I can't help but laugh stupidly at how silly the buff of this skill is...

> >

> > Can you elaborate? Why would be silly? I know it's not conventional but I mean to me it doesn't seems that stupid tbh

>

> Oh no I was talking of the "buff" we just had on this skill, this skill would need gravedigger level of dps in order for it to be used in a rotation and the increase above 50% is far from being able to achieve that.

I dont think the increase is working. Im not seeing it.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> Power reaper is doing great in pvp now with scourge nerfs. I wouldn't put it to thief tier but if you give the spec anymore buffs then is going to explode.

Not to thief tier, but more buffs make it OP? So what about the thief? Neutron bomb?

> @"Elwaer.7508" said:

> I Think its a good idea (Even tho its not in the Reaper theme)

> Block or evade i think will be a good idea i mean lets forget the reaper theme for a sec

> all the other GS wielding classes have either a block.evade or mobility on thier GS sets why not for reaper

Would love a leap or port on the GS. Much needed to catch more.......elusive...classes.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > Power reaper is doing great in pvp now with scourge nerfs. I wouldn't put it to thief tier but if you give the spec anymore buffs then is going to explode.

>

> Not to thief tier, but more buffs make it OP? So what about the thief? Neutron bomb?

You really don't want to buff reaper right now as it is already viable and one small change can make it overpowered in PvP. Not to mention this really isn't a small buff, it is asking for a one second block on a skill with 12 second cooldown. A small buff is like the one they did yesterday with 10% damage above 50% on death spiral. If you want to give it more defenses then you need to trade offense for it.

Thief is overpowered in an awkward way not because they are too tanky or does too much damage but rather because of too much mobility. That is however a different can of worms for pvp only which I don't want to get into.

I think you've mistaken GS #3 for RS #3. To answer you suggestion - GS #3 is a good skill right now and Greatsword already has an excellent defensive skill in form of GS #4. Realistically, the best "defense" you could add to it right now would be increasing range of the GS #5 from 750 to 900 units.

Reaper is more than fine in sPvP at the moment and Greatsword is an useful weapon. Not necessarily for Gravedigger (although it sees some use), but still.

If you meant RS #4 then I'd really reconsider this twice over. You don't want us to lose the spinny damage, do you? Because that's the way to do it.

> @"Rym.1469" said:

> I think you've mistaken GS #3 for RS #3. To answer you suggestion - GS #3 is a good skill right now and Greatsword already has an excellent defensive skill in form of GS #4. Realistically, the best "defense" you could add to it right now would be increasing range of the GS #5 from 750 to 900 units.

>

> Reaper is more than fine in sPvP at the moment and Greatsword is an useful weapon. Not necessarily for Gravedigger (although it sees some use), but still.

>

> If you meant RS #4 then I'd really reconsider this twice over. You don't want us to lose the spinny damage, do you? Because that's the way to do it.

>

>

>

>

No I meant exactly greatsword 3 Death Spiral, because it has a rapid succession of attacks like scrapper hammer 4. Yeah death spiral is not a bad skill, but not even that usefull aside from the lf gain and the damage, that's why i suggested the block. Also seems other like you would like Reaper Shroud 3 Infusing Terror to have my suggestion, and I'm not against it tbh. I mean it's duration is 6s I highly doubt there will ever be a 6s block XD instead of the damage reduction we've right now.

> @"Wizardauz.3761" said:

> The only good thing about GS3 - Death Spiral is that it can take down guardian Shield of Wrath.

>

> But hey Guardian got a full 1 second off that skill. Now its top tier OP skill. Anet plz nerf /s

next patch: reverted the 35 second cooldown on Shield of Wrath to 36 seconds.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > A block on necromancer? That would be a script error, ain't it?

>

> Like he said, it's kinda not very within the theme. Reaper needs either a small attack speed boost or a damage boost to really fulfill the creeping **Mike Meyers-like Juggernaut.**

Groovy baby! :p

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> Yeah death spiral is not a bad skill, but not even that usefull aside from the lf gain and the damage, that's why i suggested the block.

It already does good damage, applies heaps of vulnerability, generates life force and cleaves with all that on top. Now it's supposed to also block? Talking purity of purpose man, lol ?.

> @"Avigrus.2871" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > A block on necromancer? That would be a script error, ain't it?

> >

> > Like he said, it's kinda not very within the theme. Reaper needs either a small attack speed boost or a damage boost to really fulfill the creeping **Mike Meyers-like Juggernaut.**

>

> Groovy baby! :p

>

Not that one... The Halloween one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Myers_(Halloween)

Granted i had a typo.