Shake it off changes to PVP utilities

ZeroSkitzo.5403

With the recent changes to shake it off, was curious what utilities are best now. I’ve been using featherfoot, balanced stance and endure pain for the triple stun break but not sure which of these would be best replaced (if even needed). I’m at a toss up between featherfoot and balanced stance. Featherfoot due to condi removal from shake it off not resulting in need for resistance or balanced stance just bc seems weaker than endure pain lol

imo balanced stance is stronger than endure pain, it enables safer stomps, has a longer duration and reduces power dmg aswell, and you can move freely

id say swap featherfoot because tgat and shake it of have the same purpose, both are anti condi, just that shake it off removes them, while featherfoot just prolongs your suffering :^)

also shake it off can be used every 25seconds

Agree with the above poster, balanced stance is particularly good if you're using rousing resilience, the crit immunity stacks with the toughness from the trait proc so it's basically a soft endure pain.

The new shake it off actually has a longer cooldown over time compared to the old one because of how cooldowns queue up with the ammo system. You can test this in game by slotting it in pvp/wvw and trying to use it every 25 sec:

1st activation, 50 sec cd on one charge, other charge ready

(wait 25 sec)

2nd activation, 50 sec cd on one charge, 25 sec cd on other

(wait 25 sec)

3rd activation, 50 sec cd on one charge + 50 sec cd on other

Therefore, if you're using it repeatedly in a fight, both charges of shake it off will eventually be stuck behind consecutive 50 second cooldowns. However, featherfoot grace is already 40 seconds cooldown so it's not much of a difference there, plus you can save up a 2nd charge on shake it off if you're not forced to use it off cooldown. The other tradeoff is dropping superspeed and temp immunity to blind spam for mass condi cleanse that's not affected by boonrip. For blinds, spellbreaker already has some resistance from revenge counter, so shake it off is probably more reliable cleanse overall.

I was experimenting with Shake it Off before the patch as I was getting tired of running Signet of Stamina as my best Condition clear. After the patch SiO is even better. Now I have better on demand Condition Cleanse with more Stunbreaks.

I really hated using Balanced Stance in a emergency for the stunbreak. The new SiO is really nice to have against Holosmiths and other power builds, so now I feel like I can save BS for when I really need it.

Just need a buff to other heals so I can drop HS finally.