When are Alliances?

sephiroth.4217

new system will still allow transfers. =) links will be now known as alliances. it is smaller than the world population

world ((alliences( guilds)) (guilds)(players))

players within 2 months time frame can transfer, same limit, 7 days.

after 2 months, reset. everyone chooses a world. guilds choose the same, and players choose again.

you will then have more or less tiers.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > And this is why they don't want to tell us anything...

>

> Because morons like me get impatient waiting 6 months to a year or more?

>

> I personally think it hasn't been shipped yet due to Anet knowing how much money they're going to lose in the long run by removing transfer costs to servers, I'm guessing they're working out a way to maintain the cash flow from WvW players like some system to pay to be on other alliances or something.

Keeping the lights on is a valid concern.

I'd be happy to pay a sub, but the silent, casual majority perfers free-to-play.

I would gladly pay a lot more than I currently do in cash->gems->stuff. There's just nothing I want on the gem store.

I don't know what's going on with it now, but I'd prefer a very basic version of alliances that can be improved on gradually. It'd be better than waiting til the end of the year or longer. Perfect is the enemy of good. As long as it shuffles WvW and keeps guilds together, I'm happy.

I don't believe guilds can choose a world. but players can choose a different guild designation after 7 days. Alliances are placed on matchmaking worlds. Lol at all the nerds that think wvw transfer money is keeping the lights on. The choya skins make more money for anet than your feeble bandwagon minds.

At this point, alliances are so far away I'd be thrilled if ANet would take an interim step of condensing NA into 3 tiers with only 9 host servers and relinking done monthly instead of bimonthly. Having 3 fewer host servers and 3 more link servers with greater relink frequency would greatly improve granularity for the sake of population balancing.

Can't speak for EU, but NA simply does not have an adequate population to keep 4 tiers popping. It'd be nice if they would take timezone coverage into account when calculating populations, but it'd also be nice if I were a millionaire, and equally likely.

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> At this point, alliances are so far away I'd be thrilled if ANet would take an interim step of condensing NA into 3 tiers with only 9 host servers

It's true we only have enough players for 3 tiers. They should simply make 9 names for new realms and let people join them. These realms should have a theme and would be completely separate from Worlds. This is the Mist, so there doesn't need to be a world connection for it to work lore wise. Keep the new realm's permanently open and let people move between them freely. The dev's need to be hands off of the population controls and allow the map queues to be the only limiter. Players will move and balance out as the majority of players want to have a fun competitive game mode.

It's likely they'll be stacking to create a High, Medium, and Low populations across the 3 tiers which would be great! As I've said many times, players have different preferences in the mode. Some like focusing on PPT with fights, some just like fights with no PPT, some like a wilderness feeling, and everything in between. Trying to make a "one size fits all" mode is simply limiting everyone's enjoyment.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> . Lol at all the nerds that think wvw transfer money is keeping the lights on. The choya skins make more money for anet than your feeble bandwagon minds.

I bought a Choya gathering tool for 1000 gems, a transfer for 1800

I'll never buy another gathering tool.

> @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > At this point, alliances are so far away I'd be thrilled if ANet would take an interim step of condensing NA into 3 tiers with only 9 host servers

>

> It's true we only have enough players for 3 tiers. They should simply make 9 names for new realms and let people join them. These realms should have a theme and would be completely separate from Worlds. This is the Mist, so there doesn't need to be a world connection for it to work lore wise. Keep the new realm's permanently open and let people move between them freely. The dev's need to be hands off of the population controls and allow the map queues to be the only limiter. Players will move and balance out as the majority of players want to have a fun competitive game mode.

>

> It's likely they'll be stacking to create a High, Medium, and Low populations across the 3 tiers which would be great! As I've said many times, players have different preferences in the mode. Some like focusing on PPT with fights, some just like fights with no PPT, some like a wilderness feeling, and everything in between. Trying to make a "one size fits all" mode is simply limiting everyone's enjoyment.

Everyone is a closet PPTer. If "fight guilds" didn't care about PPT they'd stack in t4 and never take an objective. Wood league is arguably the most inefficient PPTers and minimal off hours for it. The best PPTers are in t1. Contrary to what players preach, watch what they do.

Better yet, just goto eotm. no score, no matter, create an eotm fight tier.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> > @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > > At this point, alliances are so far away I'd be thrilled if ANet would take an interim step of condensing NA into 3 tiers with only 9 host servers

> >

> > It's true we only have enough players for 3 tiers. They should simply make 9 names for new realms and let people join them. These realms should have a theme and would be completely separate from Worlds. This is the Mist, so there doesn't need to be a world connection for it to work lore wise. Keep the new realm's permanently open and let people move between them freely. The dev's need to be hands off of the population controls and allow the map queues to be the only limiter. Players will move and balance out as the majority of players want to have a fun competitive game mode.

> >

> > It's likely they'll be stacking to create a High, Medium, and Low populations across the 3 tiers which would be great! As I've said many times, players have different preferences in the mode. Some like focusing on PPT with fights, some just like fights with no PPT, some like a wilderness feeling, and everything in between. Trying to make a "one size fits all" mode is simply limiting everyone's enjoyment.

>

> Everyone is a closet PPTer. If "fight guilds" didn't care about PPT they'd stack in t4 and never take an objective. Wood league is arguably the most inefficient PPTers and minimal off hours for it. The best PPTers are in t1. Contrary to what players preach, watch what they do.

That's simply not true. Sometimes you have to go into an objective to get the fights. Also there are such things as dailies, and rewards are poor enough in wvw that at least getting those dailies offers some compensation. This in no way means that guilds that are primarily about fighting actually "care" about PPT, it's just that the things that generate PPT sometimes also have other benefits that players do care about (don't forget participation and pips, too).