Tempest Build for PvP

Dace.8173

Does anyone have a Tempest build for PvP? I haven't played around with the Tempest yet but started leveling it in game. But I wanted to tool around with it and see how it works. Sadly, metabattle doesn't have any builds for sPvP. So does anyone have one floating around? I don't really care if it's meta or anything, I just want to see how the Elite works and toy around with it while having some fun.

Thanks.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> Does anyone have a Tempest build for PvP? I haven't played around with the Tempest yet but started leveling it in game. But I wanted to tool around with it and see how it works. Sadly, metabattle doesn't have any builds for sPvP. So does anyone have one floating around? I don't really care if it's meta or anything, I just want to see how the Elite works and toy around with it while having some fun.

>

> Thanks.

I personally haven't found any specific builds that work well, however I have seen several Tempests in PvP that have done fantastic in PvP games, i have yet to get one of them to share their build though =(

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > Does anyone have a Tempest build for PvP? I haven't played around with the Tempest yet but started leveling it in game. But I wanted to tool around with it and see how it works. Sadly, metabattle doesn't have any builds for sPvP. So does anyone have one floating around? I don't really care if it's meta or anything, I just want to see how the Elite works and toy around with it while having some fun.

> >

> > Thanks.

>

> I personally haven't found any specific builds that work well, however I have seen several Tempests in PvP that have done fantastic in PvP games, i have yet to get one of them to share their build though =(

I guess I'll just use one of the Raid, Dungeon, or Fractals builds. Don't get me wrong, I love Weaver and especially sword Weaver. I do fairly well with it too in sPvP. But so far everytime I look at an Elite and think "that's stupid and I really don't think I should waste time playing it" I try it out and I find out it's loads of fun. It might not be something I use regularly but it is loads of fun. I'm hoping Temptest gets to be loads of fun.

> @"Henrik.7560" said:

> tempest is dead class, completely out of PvP meta. Reroll to hybrid weaver for a half decent build else go another class

As I stated, I already have Weaver and I'm not asking for a build to play competitively. I just want a build to test it out in PvP and see what it does. When I actually want to play competitively I already use a Weaver build that I'm getting decent at. This is 100% just to have fun and experiment.

During HoT I sometimes played Tempest/Arcane/Air. Scepter and focus or warhorn. Get off as many air overloads as possible and overwhelm with arcane blast and stuff. Paladins amulet or marauder, ether renewal as heal - usually, because it lacked condi cleanse.

Definitely not the best but I hated healbotting. Worked into Plat1/2 nack then. Probably even worse now, didn't try it though.

I'll second the fresh air tempest suggestion, though I think water might be better than arcane. Basic idea is the same though: scepter + focus or warhorn, get off lots of air overloads to be as disruptive as possible through stuns and cc. You survive through strong protection, frost aura, invulns, and mobility. You don't want to 1v1, you want to cause chaos in team fights.

Warhorn/Water/avatar variant: [link](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhFywgCH25ALHwKxSDgRcEqBxAhCQA4D6eZ7sfWA-jJxHQBjsMAAeAAJ8EAIu9HAA)

Focus/Arcane/paladin variant: [link](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhMMowhlMwnBsSs0AYCVgAwH09y2ZDtFZhbYUA-jJxHQBA4BAQvyAJ8EAIu9HAA)

For a very offensive, selfish condi build, I'd try something like: [link](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhMMowhdOwxB8RsYAYul2VbsNIAkJPAEVhhQkE-jJRAQBA4EAEgHAQM2fYilBAA)

You can really melt people with bad condi removal with drake's breath, churning earth, and fire and earth overloads, but I'd still avoid trying to 1v1 much and instead try to jump on people engaged with teammates. Sort of burst dump condis then cc and run and heal.

> @"Undertow.2389" said:

> Warhorn/Water/avatar variant: [link](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhFywgCH25ALHwKxSDgRcEqBxAhCQA4D6eZ7sfWA-jJxHQBjsMAAeAAJ8EAIu9HAA)

I can't tell if this is a thought-out build or a random selection of weapons and traits. I see things that are supposed to "synergize" but I'm certain this build doesn't actually do anything.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > Btw. could scepter finally get an aura? :weary:

>

> Sword too maybe?

Sword could get magnetic aura since it can't be combined with warhorn and staff. Scepter... well... only shocking aura left...

€: However, scepter is more important, because it can be used with tempest. That's where a lot of synergies is left out.

€2: Yes, let me dream...

It does exactly what I said: overload air a lot in team fights putting out lots of group shocking auras. You aren't concerned with healing others, just keeping yourself alive and being disruptive while doing soso aoe damage. You could run it with mender's for more self sustain and less damage, but at that point you might as well just go full out aura heal-bot.

Why scepter? Consistent ranged damage output, quicker crits for resetting air, you don't have the survivability to stay in melee all the time with dagger.

Why warhorn? Vs focus it gives 2 aoe ccs instead of 2 single target ccs, more protection and better might/fury stacking abilities, plus extra boon duration which you really need to stay alive. You lose earth invuln and air projectile defense but those are trade offs.

Why cantrips? Because those are going to help your personal survivabilty the most, despite how mundane ele utility choices are compared to other classes. You need the condi removal from ether renewal, and all ele elite skills are marginal.

Why water? Because it traits to buff said cantrips and shares your disruptive auras, and is needed to really have any sense of self sustain.

The guy says he's not playing competitively but there is a reason why tempest doesn't get played in pvp much these days: ele in general is weak other than bunker sword weaver or surprising people with super burst scepter fresh air weaver (which is just an inferior mesmer, revenant, or thief really).

The healing in pvp it's simply not enough to support any tempest build, during HoT meta, healing was the main form of defense of tempest as it was enough to cover the main weaknesses of the ele...now the dmg is so high that pure evasion/block is your only form of real sustain...unless you can dish out as much healing as Firebrand.

To add more to the injury they removed old celestial amulet and mender tempest simply fall flat on his ass

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> The healing in pvp it's simply not enough to support any tempest build, during HoT meta, healing was the main form of defense of tempest as it was enough to cover the main weaknesses of the ele...now the dmg is so high that pure evasion/block is your only form of real sustain...unless you can dish out as much healing as Firebrand.

Yep.

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> It's probably not you. :) Tempest is just extremely subpar at the moment.

Well ...... I died ...... like .......a lot ..... even outside of just using the Elites abilities. I'll stick to Weaver for now since I can actually win games with that (60% of my wins in PvP are currently with Weaver :# )

> @"Alchimist.4738" said:

> It's completely garbage at the moment, tried few weeks ago a healer build, it's far worst than Firebrand, mainly because you cannot boon spam as well as the latter, and you also die on pretty much everything.

That sums up my experience.