24-28-32 Bag Slots Worth it?

wolverine.5164

> @Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

> so the desicion is. New Legendary or new bags. and then you realize how ridiculous this prices are.

The prices aren't comparable to legendaries. The worst case I outlined above is under 500g to add 28 slots. As Daddicus mentions above, it's somewhat less costly than would be predicted from the prices of the other crafted options.

> @Sarrs.4831 said:

> The only genuine issue with these bags IMO is that they're soulbound and not account bound.

That's a bug; the devs have said they're on it (anyone's guess about how long before it's fixed, though).

To me the worst thing they made is that the bag turns soulbound on use. So if you can't afford in making it to the max right away it's pointless to make it for any other character than the one who crafted it. At this point when I want to upgrade my bag I have to: A: Push leather crafting from 0-500. B: Wait until Anet changes them to account bound which I think they should have done in the first place.

When they have been putting alot of the previous soulbound items to account bound why, WHY? are these still soulbound? It serves no purpose whatsoever.

If one can buy them, than I don't see a problem with prices themselves. But if they continue with the practice of adding numerous new items and preventing us from storing them outside of our intentory, it could lead to "You have an option to buy bigger bags or new inventory slots for bags, so the number of items should not be a problem". This would be similar to them changing the combat focus from exotics to ascended. After all, we have na option to buy mats for ascended gear.

All I got from this video is that you’re in full Legendary Armor, have the ‘money’ to afford those expensive bags and a Griffon (I too have a Griffon but I don’t need to show it off).

Maybe next time don’t have a video since you can easily attach a link to the post for said bags AND since this is clearly clickbait just to glorify your character, I have zero respect.

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> these bags are very much worth it !! having a full set of 32 bag.s . well you can easy do 3 to maybe 4 map completions. and not worry about running out of bag space at all. 256 slots I think you could maybe even get away doing 5 maps at a time and still maybe have some space left over . :3 <3

.... how the actual fuck did you even get the money for those bags. Don't they cost a little over 200g per bag? Even if you just farmed the stupid supreme runes, they are a crapshot to get.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> AND the 32-slot bags are soul-bound! Definitely not worth that price.

> It's much cheaper to unlock another bag expansion slots (if you have one) and add a 20-slot bag rather than go through the trouble of changing a 20-slot bag to a 32-slot bag for a +12-slot increase.

That would be TWO 20-slot bags. (The 28 and 32 only require one of the next lower tier bag. But, the 24s require two 20s.)

• 6 months later...

> @"DirtyDan.4759" said:

> Permanent merchant contract / mobile ecto gambler is cheaper than a set of 32 bags.

* [Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Black_Lion_Merchant_Contract) runs around 800-900 gold.

* Four 32-slot bags will run you ~600g _per character_ and gain you an extra 48 slots if you were already running 20-slot bags

* Buying four new bag slots and filling them with cheap 20-slots costs 1600 gems = ~480 gold (if converting) plus ~40-60g for the bags themselves, call it 530 gold.

* Finishing the ecto gamble/Tarrktun version requires opening 100 Globs of D-Ecto, which the wiki estimates to cost _on average_ ~200 ecto & 450g. However, the variance is incredibly high. The worst case scenario costs 7500 gold and 20000 ecto. I don't recommend it unless you really like the thrill of gambling.