The 2X dmg Meteor and lack of Anet Response

Meetshield.1756

I feel that the lack of Anet admitting they goofed up the math on Meteor and keeping it in the game for almost a Week now is exactly the same as this Twitter Fiasco.

Its the same attitude of we don't care, we never make mistakes, everything we do is right... how could you question us.

Anet .... Just admit you made a rounding error or a decimal point was missing, and fix it. This should have been emergency patched within an hour! And any other game on the market would have done it.

Do you realize that it is doing 20-25k dmg and 1 shotting people? Every 24 seconds Ele gets a 4 kills and they dont' have to stomp them cuz meteor stomps them for them.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Meetshield.1756" said:

> I feel that the lack of Anet admitting they goofed up the math on Meteor and keeping it in the game for almost a Week now is exactly the same as this Twitter Fiasco.

>

> Its the same attitude of we don't care, we never make mistakes, everything we do is right... how could you question us.

>

> Anet .... Just admit you made a rounding error or a decimal point was missing, and fix it. This should have been emergency patched within an hour! And any other game on the market would have done it.

>

> Do you realize that it is doing 20-25k dmg and 1 shotting people? Every 24 seconds Ele gets a 4 kills and they dont' have to stomp them cuz meteor stomps them for them.

Anet DID confirm it was a bug. In the other thread on the very same page as this one where this thread should have been placed.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> It’s annoying but it’s not gamebreaking. Stop being dramatic.

>

> They said they know it’s bugged and today is Monday. A patch will happen soon enough.

The OP needed his moment, so making another thread served its purpose I guess.

Next time I hope they just use the other thread (where ANET did respond). It is also unwise to presume the "fix" is fast to make.

There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

However, yes, it should be fixed, but no I don't expect them to patch anything like that until Tuesday patches.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

But maybe it's something they should push out in a micropatch? Imagine if they released a patch reworking mesmer auto attack on GS, then accidentally made a rounding error to where it now dealt 100k damage per tick in pvp/wvw.

"lol oops, a 1200 range auto attack is one-shotting people, lets wait a week to fix it."

The meteor shower thing is harmful to the game as my ridiculous example in much the same way, just in not as large of a magnitude. It should honestly have been more of a priority.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

>

> But maybe it's something they should push out in a micropatch? Imagine if they released a patch reworking mesmer auto attack on GS, then accidentally made a rounding error to where it now dealt 100k damage per tick in pvp/wvw.

>

> "lol oops, a 1200 range auto attack is one-shotting people, lets wait a week to fix it."

>

> The meteor shower thing is harmful to the game as my ridiculous example in much the same way, just in not as large of a magnitude. It should honestly have been more of a priority.

Entirely different cases. Meteor Shower still has a rather long cooldown and a tell, it CAN be avoided and the damage is definitely NOT 2x, it's more like 40% more than it should be. It's annoying, sure. But it's not worth risking the game's stability over it, which smaller patches can cause. Not saying that it's a great excuse, just that it's not the most pressing issue

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

>

> But maybe it's something they should push out in a micropatch? Imagine if they released a patch reworking mesmer auto attack on GS, then accidentally made a rounding error to where it now dealt 100k damage per tick in pvp/wvw.

>

> "lol oops, a 1200 range auto attack is one-shotting people, lets wait a week to fix it."

>

> The meteor shower thing is harmful to the game as my ridiculous example in much the same way, just in not as large of a magnitude. It should honestly have been more of a priority.

Except that it really only affects one... maybe 2 game modes pretty negatively. If it affected all game modes then I'd say yeah, sure, hotfix it. However they probably thought it's not as big of a deal at the moment and opted to just wait till tomorrow.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

> >

> > But maybe it's something they should push out in a micropatch? Imagine if they released a patch reworking mesmer auto attack on GS, then accidentally made a rounding error to where it now dealt 100k damage per tick in pvp/wvw.

> >

> > "lol oops, a 1200 range auto attack is one-shotting people, lets wait a week to fix it."

> >

> > The meteor shower thing is harmful to the game as my ridiculous example in much the same way, just in not as large of a magnitude. It should honestly have been more of a priority.

>

> Entirely different cases. Meteor Shower still has a rather long cooldown and a tell, it CAN be avoided and the damage is definitely NOT 2x, it's more like 40% more than it should be. It's annoying, sure. But it's not worth risking the game's stability over it, which smaller patches can cause. Not saying that it's a great excuse, just that it's not the most pressing issue

I've seen similar but less pressing bugs get hotfixed 3x faster than this though. Perhaps the issue is that this bug is a bit more complex and takes them more time to fix, so like you said it wouldn't be worth risking the game's stability over. At the very least, a message admitting that complexity and that it would take some time to fix would be nice.

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

teach siege rams/catas/arrowcarts/mortars to dodge and I'll start taking your advice seriously

Maybe Anet looked at the elemental class count and found it significantly lower than others, so they ninja buff it for a couple of days, so bandwagoners will purchase new character slots just to create a MSer Elemental. Moreover, you can't do that damage (10k-20k) without having PoF extension, so...

Nah man that other thread the dev said "Yeah I think it might be a little strong" its 1 shotting dudes. And everyone knows it... So yes when facing a 50 man squad with 10-15 ele's you got dodges and you got stay at 1500 range... Its full on Pirate ship push up to attack a down and dodge back... all night... Frustrating and Boring... more attention required until Anet Emergency Patches it... It is throwing everything off in WvW.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

Actually they can. If this broke RAID like thief did once, it would be fixed within the hour of them finding out.

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

>

>

> teach siege rams/catas/arrowcarts/mortars to dodge and I'll start taking your advice seriously

Except most people are upset because they are dying to it without thinking. They aren't looking for tells and the giant aoe circle it makes.

I agree it's overtuned, but to be upset by the skill having a bug associated with it doesn't spell out the end of the world. Also I understand how it would be a problem on siege.

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> There's this neat thing called... "dodge" in GW2. Yes it hits like a truck, but if you get hit once, get out of the circle lol. If your out of dodges you can try using a movement skill (multiple classes have them).

>

> However, yes, it should be fixed, but no I don't expect them to patch anything like that until Tuesday patches.

Ahh the good ole dodge/l2p comment when skills don't behave as intended. Thank you for restoring my faith in the good ole forum logic.

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

>

> Actually they can. If this broke RAID like thief did once, it would be fixed within the hour of them finding out.

That doesn't even compare. Make an entire game mode trivial vs "kill people 40% harder", with the latter being avoidable.

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

>

> However, yes, it should be fixed, but no I don't expect them to patch anything like that until Tuesday patches.

You get hit once for 22K and tell me how well dodging works. 22K meteor plus virtually any other damage destroys most classes. Having this in a "competitive" game mode destroys the game. A week of ultra-pirate ship is wonderful no?

Hopefully some people learn the lesson to keep moving in a fight and not stand still or in red circles for long.

Positioning has always been important, and people who are lazy and ignore that deserve to be buried in meteors.

There are other one shot skills and combos in the game without even a red ring tell, none of those will be looked at though.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > "lack of response" by admitting that the damage is higher than it should be and that it will get fixed. It's not something they can just push out in a micropatch

> >

> > Actually they can. If this broke RAID like thief did once, it would be fixed within the hour of them finding out.

>

> That doesn't even compare. Make an entire game mode trivial vs "kill people 40% harder", with the latter being avoidable.

>

>

You're right, it doesn't compare.

No one would have even known if the thief hadn't published and it took all day to do.

Meteor shower being instant death has much more significant repercussions.