• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > 99.99999% of meteors disintegrate in the atmosphere

>

> Facts are not welcome here.

>

> BUT if that atmosphere includes parts of the walls where you can't walk, it moves to the other areas you CAN walk.

>

> Still can't bring myself to brush off my staff.

My wife and the goons have been having a blast meteor bombing, it seems an odd opportunity to pass up for an ele main.. I wouldn't xD

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > 99.99999% of meteors disintegrate in the atmosphere

> >

> > Facts are not welcome here.

> >

> > BUT if that atmosphere includes parts of the walls where you can't walk, it moves to the other areas you CAN walk.

> >

> > Still can't bring myself to brush off my staff.

>

> My wife and the goons have been having a blast meteor bombing, it seems an odd opportunity to pass up for an ele main.. I wouldn't xD

i know i know....

I just have gotten hooked on sword dagger with a partner....

And... the idea of running in a Zerg is just.....

Wish my old guild still ran... :frown:

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> > >

> > > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> > >

> > > First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> > > THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> > > PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

> > >

> > > In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

> >

> > Wow, really, if I step outside of the AoE I dont get damage?! Thats new...okay, forget what a I say, Eles are totally fine doing 20K+ damage(thats only the first hit, remenber that) on a 1200 range AoE skill...can mine DH do the same damage with Longbow 5, or how about ranger?

> > Sorry, its a long range AoE skill, it shoud never ever get any close to do the same damage of a single target skill, but that would mean the game would be actually balanced, and we know GW2 players dont want that.

>

> Comparing a staff ele to a lb dh and lb ranger like....really?...yes you're right GW2 players don't want balance and you're clearly one of them, you can't switch weapons on a staff ele..so what do you in 1v1? A ranger can swap to melee set, ranger has pet, better utility than a staff ele and same argument goes for DH who can also swap to melee combat.

>

> Furthermore you conveniently ignore all the sustain the ele gives up for the dmg...yeah GW2 players don't want balance...at least not for their own profession of which they recognize usually only the weaknesses but none of the strengths...yah right

Yeah sure, its not like have 4 other attunements right? Which basically give him a total of 20 skills...you clearly being completely biased here, to the point you trying to defend a skill had being said by the devs thenselfs that its bugged...buffing the skill to give most of the damage upfront was a mistake, it should be damage over time, you get the 20K damage if you stay inside the AoE for a while(ele have some CC on staff that can force people stay on it, but for that would require some effort by the ele...), but like this is basically burst damage, really a single meteor doing 12K on 3.5K armor + Protection....you think this is legit, i am not talking about glass cannon, talking about full tank builds lol, you need High Tier Armor and Health to survive this nonsense, my FB gets 2 shooted by MS(Guard have low health pool).

Also, why you talking about 1v1 lol? You know the game aint balanced around 1v1 right?

And dont try to change the subject, what ele sustain had anything to deal with this? We talking about the clearly and confirmed bugged damge from Meteor Shower.

It's +60% not 2x.

> @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> An update on this:

> The window for hot-fixing the issue was missed. The fix will be going out with the next update, which is the planned for this upcoming Tuesday. Damage is currently 60% above what's intended (per-strike) and we'll be setting it back down to its normal levels.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> > > >

> > > > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> > > >

> > > > First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> > > > THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> > > > PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

> > > >

> > > > In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

> > >

> > > Wow, really, if I step outside of the AoE I dont get damage?! Thats new...okay, forget what a I say, Eles are totally fine doing 20K+ damage(thats only the first hit, remenber that) on a 1200 range AoE skill...can mine DH do the same damage with Longbow 5, or how about ranger?

> > > Sorry, its a long range AoE skill, it shoud never ever get any close to do the same damage of a single target skill, but that would mean the game would be actually balanced, and we know GW2 players dont want that.

> >

> > Comparing a staff ele to a lb dh and lb ranger like....really?...yes you're right GW2 players don't want balance and you're clearly one of them, you can't switch weapons on a staff ele..so what do you in 1v1? A ranger can swap to melee set, ranger has pet, better utility than a staff ele and same argument goes for DH who can also swap to melee combat.

> >

> > Furthermore you conveniently ignore all the sustain the ele gives up for the dmg...yeah GW2 players don't want balance...at least not for their own profession of which they recognize usually only the weaknesses but none of the strengths...yah right

>

> Yeah sure, its not like have 4 other attunements right? Which basically give him a total of 20 skills...you clearly being completely biased here, to the point you trying to defend a skill had being said by the devs thenselfs that its bugged...buffing the skill to give most of the damage upfront was a mistake, it should be damage over time, you get the 20K damage if you stay inside the AoE for a while(ele have some CC on staff that can force people stay on it, but for that would require some effort by the ele...), but like this is basically burst damage, really a single meteor doing 12K on 3.5K armor + Protection....you think this is legit, i am not talking about glass cannon, talking about full tank builds lol, you need High Tier Armor and Health to survive this nonsense, my FB gets 2 shooted by MS(Guard have low health pool).

> Also, why you talking about 1v1 lol? You know the game aint balanced around 1v1 right?

> And dont try to change the subject, what ele sustain had anything to deal with this? We talking about the clearly and confirmed bugged damge from Meteor Shower.

And even with 20 skills it's hard to land a full dmg burst on one target (one of the reason it sucks in spvp) the overall dps is huge... but on one single target it's pretty low

Except the meteor shower of course . But this skill will be fixed soon.

> @"Jaruselka.5943" said:

> Sorry but Anet is too busy prepping for the "Festival of the Four Cheeses" next week...

That's my theory anyways. They are already planning a patch release next week for the Festival, they likely are going to mix in whatever hotfix is needed for MS.

Someone above mentioned that frontloading the damage for MS was a mistake. I disagree. In PvE, the mobs don't move out of AoE fields (as far as I know), so you will often get the full DPS of an AoE like MS. But in WvW/PvP, who really is going to stay in the circle for every tick of a MS? Likely not many, so frontloading the damage makes perfect sense, so Eles get as much damage as possible out of the cooldown. That frontloaded damage needs to be corrected though, so it isn't capable of 1-2 shotting people.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> > > > >

> > > > > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> > > > >

> > > > > First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> > > > > THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> > > > > PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

> > > > >

> > > > > In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

> > > >

> > > > Wow, really, if I step outside of the AoE I dont get damage?! Thats new...okay, forget what a I say, Eles are totally fine doing 20K+ damage(thats only the first hit, remenber that) on a 1200 range AoE skill...can mine DH do the same damage with Longbow 5, or how about ranger?

> > > > Sorry, its a long range AoE skill, it shoud never ever get any close to do the same damage of a single target skill, but that would mean the game would be actually balanced, and we know GW2 players dont want that.

> > >

> > > Comparing a staff ele to a lb dh and lb ranger like....really?...yes you're right GW2 players don't want balance and you're clearly one of them, you can't switch weapons on a staff ele..so what do you in 1v1? A ranger can swap to melee set, ranger has pet, better utility than a staff ele and same argument goes for DH who can also swap to melee combat.

> > >

> > > Furthermore you conveniently ignore all the sustain the ele gives up for the dmg...yeah GW2 players don't want balance...at least not for their own profession of which they recognize usually only the weaknesses but none of the strengths...yah right

> >

> > Yeah sure, its not like have 4 other attunements right? Which basically give him a total of 20 skills...you clearly being completely biased here, to the point you trying to defend a skill had being said by the devs thenselfs that its bugged...buffing the skill to give most of the damage upfront was a mistake, it should be damage over time, you get the 20K damage if you stay inside the AoE for a while(ele have some CC on staff that can force people stay on it, but for that would require some effort by the ele...), but like this is basically burst damage, really a single meteor doing 12K on 3.5K armor + Protection....you think this is legit, i am not talking about glass cannon, talking about full tank builds lol, you need High Tier Armor and Health to survive this nonsense, my FB gets 2 shooted by MS(Guard have low health pool).

> > Also, why you talking about 1v1 lol? You know the game aint balanced around 1v1 right?

> > And dont try to change the subject, what ele sustain had anything to deal with this? We talking about the clearly and confirmed bugged damge from Meteor Shower.

>

> And even with 20 skills it's hard to land a full dmg burst on one target (one of the reason it sucks in spvp) the overall dps is huge... but on one single target it's pretty low

>

> Except the meteor shower of course . But this skill will be fixed soon.

But thats the point of staff lol is not your good to go 1v1 set, is meant for group fights and team support....i mean, its like if I would start complaing that Staff on Guard is bad cause i cant 1v1 with it...offcourse i cant, cause thats not the role that staff plays on guard.

> @"michelada.2947" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > It’s annoying but it’s not gamebreaking. Stop being dramatic.

> >

> > They said they know it’s bugged and today is Monday. A patch will happen soon enough.

>

> well if 1 shot is not gamebreaking i don't know what it is

Do you say Mesmer and Thief is gamebreaking aswell then?

Really hope they patch it this coming biweekly patch. Trying to cap t3 keep that has defenders is a significant challenge since meteor can easily hit anything in such a narrow space.

At the same time, is funny to see how zerg that obviously overdependent on meteor for dps just get one push over by zerg that know that all they can do. But blob fight is different story, is sad.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > > @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> > > > > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > > > I honestly dont understand what kind of logic that Anet uses to balance this game...right now we have a 1200 range skill that does AoE damage doing more damage then many Single target skill...getting 12 K damage while having protection and 3.5K armor cause someone on the other side of the map decided to press 5 and target some random area...stuff like this is that make this game not fun and people quit.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Plz plz plz ... stop right there. There is many downsides of the skill - weapon - class for it to deal that much dmg.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First it's an AOE : so (as any other aoe) stepping out of it remove every damage from the whole cooldown (30 sec)

> > > > > > THEN: it's 2 sec cast time ... the ele is immobile and can't do anything except burning a utility slot to use ligntihng flash to get away

> > > > > > PLUS: the ele staff has no defensive utility... you get caught - you die

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In the end : I agree the meteor shower dmg is bugged and shouldn't be that high. But plz ... don't say thing about range AOE shouldn't deal that much dmg .... the whole design behind the ele staff is Aoes. You better remove the weapon if you keep nerfin its damage like that.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wow, really, if I step outside of the AoE I dont get damage?! Thats new...okay, forget what a I say, Eles are totally fine doing 20K+ damage(thats only the first hit, remenber that) on a 1200 range AoE skill...can mine DH do the same damage with Longbow 5, or how about ranger?

> > > > > Sorry, its a long range AoE skill, it shoud never ever get any close to do the same damage of a single target skill, but that would mean the game would be actually balanced, and we know GW2 players dont want that.

> > > >

> > > > Comparing a staff ele to a lb dh and lb ranger like....really?...yes you're right GW2 players don't want balance and you're clearly one of them, you can't switch weapons on a staff ele..so what do you in 1v1? A ranger can swap to melee set, ranger has pet, better utility than a staff ele and same argument goes for DH who can also swap to melee combat.

> > > >

> > > > Furthermore you conveniently ignore all the sustain the ele gives up for the dmg...yeah GW2 players don't want balance...at least not for their own profession of which they recognize usually only the weaknesses but none of the strengths...yah right

> > >

> > > Yeah sure, its not like have 4 other attunements right? Which basically give him a total of 20 skills...you clearly being completely biased here, to the point you trying to defend a skill had being said by the devs thenselfs that its bugged...buffing the skill to give most of the damage upfront was a mistake, it should be damage over time, you get the 20K damage if you stay inside the AoE for a while(ele have some CC on staff that can force people stay on it, but for that would require some effort by the ele...), but like this is basically burst damage, really a single meteor doing 12K on 3.5K armor + Protection....you think this is legit, i am not talking about glass cannon, talking about full tank builds lol, you need High Tier Armor and Health to survive this nonsense, my FB gets 2 shooted by MS(Guard have low health pool).

> > > Also, why you talking about 1v1 lol? You know the game aint balanced around 1v1 right?

> > > And dont try to change the subject, what ele sustain had anything to deal with this? We talking about the clearly and confirmed bugged damge from Meteor Shower.

> >

> > And even with 20 skills it's hard to land a full dmg burst on one target (one of the reason it sucks in spvp) the overall dps is huge... but on one single target it's pretty low

> >

> > Except the meteor shower of course . But this skill will be fixed soon.

>

> But thats the point of staff lol is not your good to go 1v1 set, is meant for group fights and team support....i mean, its like if I would start complaing that Staff on Guard is bad cause i cant 1v1 with it...offcourse i cant, cause thats not the role that staff plays on guard.

it's totally to point of staff ... but now (well after the fix) ... it's useless in any case ! =) that what i was saying

The role of the staff was to bomb huge aoes dmg on top of the enemy zerg . but now you just throw huge AOEs with no dmg. (well not no dmg ... but less than any dps class in WvW and or PvE)

We'll switch to sword/dagger for an easier rotation and better dps with that rotation I guess... low skill required.

Sadly, Anet isn't addressing the problem. The problem was NOT the damage. Sure it was high, but that wasn't the REAL problem with the skill. The problem is that when cast on a wall, or stairs, or in Lord's room, the strikes ONLY hit on the part people can walk on. All of the giant aoe that falls over the edge, meteors can't hit there. SO, it stacks all 24 hits in the small space where players can walk. NO OTHER AOE DOES THIS. If they would just make meteor shower like every other aoe, where the strikes can hit where players can't walk, and then revert the front-loaded damage changes, the skill would be fine.

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > It’s annoying but it’s not gamebreaking. Stop being dramatic.

> > >

> > > They said they know it’s bugged and today is Monday. A patch will happen soon enough.

> >

> > well if 1 shot is not gamebreaking i don't know what it is

>

> Do you say Mesmer and Thief is gamebreaking aswell then?

Thief is okay as long as they can't use a skill that negates reveals. And I still don't understand mesmers, so many evades and condis