Map metas shouldn't lock daily objectives.

Today is a double whammy of stupid. A PvP daily in the PvE rotation, and a PvE daily you can only do when the server says so.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

>

> Metas cycle, so if one map is not available you can do your dailies on a different map. Sorry this game doesn't cater to your absolute personal playstyle (oh wait it does if you adapt to the timers).

>

On a "different map"? What are you talking about? You don't get to choose what map you are sent to from what I know. Also, this doesn't mean that what I said isn't true. It still is. You can't do 1/4 of the dailies at arbitrary times.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

>

> - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

>

> The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

On the character of mine with the most inventory slots I have 50 slots open at the top. That's it. All the random detritus you accumulate takes up the other 92 slots. Half of which are in invisible bags.

But space isn't the main reason it's so tedious dealing with so many items of near to no value. It's selling it all. I sell everything worth more than a silver. It's super slow and tedious, and if you go too fast the server literally tells you to slow down.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Then don't do them. There is enough people who enjoy them (well maybe not as much PoF ones).

>

That's fine, but other people doing what they want shouldn't disallow me from doing things I want to do. I don't want Metas removed, I just wish they got in my way a lot less.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

Sometimes they aren't too bad. If you're super lucky they can take as little as 5 minutes. But in my experience the average time is at least 15 minutes, with up to an hour or longer if you get really unlucky.

And yes, I'm sorry, but the answer to not enough PvE dailies shouldn't be "well you should be a PvP player". It's a completely legitimate thing to dislike PvP. If you like it, that's fine, but some of us really, REALLY do not.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

>

It takes you longer than 2 minutes to sort through all the Tarir loot, unless you literally just DE it all and throw away the runes.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> You seriously can't find dailies to do without having to wait? I never take more than maybe 10-20 minutes total to do all my dailies. Usually there's a gathering one, and a vista one - those take no time. Then if I don't want to do any of the others on offer I just play a single match of pvp and bingo - dailies done. You could do fractals or wvw if you prefer.

>

> As for complaining about getting too much loot...

A. It's not always this bad, but that doesn't mean locking out a daily objective for an hour at arbitrary times of the day isn't stupid.

B. It's a problem of a bunch of almost **meaningless loot**. Getting loot shouldn't be a chore. The changes they implemented in PoF helped this issue massively, so I'm not crazy, and I'm not the only one who has complained about this issue.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> not sure why you mix these two points, your dislike of meta and the adventure issue, but here we go.

> - yes, pretty silly to have adventures locked out at all by metas, especially as they are somewhat unrelated mini-games

> - I don´t see how you need "hours" of inventory management after Tarir e.g. It is rightclick salvage tool, salvage all x, right click boxes/bags, use all, then click deposit materials, possibly port to vendor above and sell runes/sigils. All of that takes about 30 seconds.

As I said above, I try to sell anything that's worth more than a silver. That takes ages, and you can't actually go too fast or the server gets mad at you. Sometimes I do just salvage all because I'm tired of dealing with the TP UI. Not that the TP UI is particularly bad, it isn't, but it's a problem of having to sell 30 different stacks of stuff individually.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> and to add: you don´t like pvp/wvw, you don´t like metas, you dislike doing map events, for some reason I suspect you also don´t do fractals... which really leaves the question, is this the right game for you? I am not telling you to p... off, but this really makes me wonder.

Sometimes I really wonder. There are parts of this game I genuinely like, and the core ideas regarding most of the main gameplay mechanics are interesting. But the amount of times I've had to tell myself "Well, that's extremely annoying but not the end of the world" is a bit much. This is the same type of issue.

Is it **that** big of an issue that dailies can be arbitrarily time locked? No, but it's still obnoxious as all getout.

Some map events are fine, but most aren't tuned well. The main problem with metas is it's all just a huge zerg which is really, really boring. My individual actions in such an environment mean essentially nothing.

Also, never done a fractal I couldn't solo, because the system for finding groups is stuck in the 90s and next to nobody runs low level fractals. Even if I got in, I have no idea how any of the group mechanics work because I've essentially solo'd in this game since beta.

> @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> Today is a double whammy of stupid. A PvP daily in the PvE rotation, and a PvE daily you can only do when the server says so.

>

Sorry I have to nitpick, but you are making life extra hard on yourself. Today was perfectly fine IF:

- you did the WvW Big Spender (yes, you lose 15 Badges of Honor since you get back 10, don't tell me you are not swimming in these from achievements alone)

- Shiverpeaks Lumberer

- you killed 5 WvW npc (available at any tower, camp, keep, patrol, etc.). 0 player kills or interaction required and the risk is quite low even if you were to run into someone, big deal.

- Blazeridge Steppes Event completer if you absolutely do not want to enter WvW

There was 0 spvp or wvw involved and the daily was complete-able in 5 minutes, 15 maybe if you had to do events.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

> >

> > - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> > - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> > - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> > - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> > - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> > - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

> >

> > The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

>

> On the character of mine with the most inventory slots I have 50 slots open at the top. That's it. All the random detritus you accumulate takes up the other 92 slots. Half of which are in invisible bags.

>

> But space isn't the main reason it's so tedious dealing with so many items of near to no value. It's selling it all. I sell everything worth more than a silver. It's super slow and tedious, and if you go too fast the server literally tells you to slow down.

First thing, if you lug around 92 items in your inventory, you are a hoarder. Yes I know many people especially in online games developer this habit where they have to carry every single item which they might use this year around. Here is what you do: any item which you have not used in the last 4 weeks you store in your bank or on an alternate character.

Stop selling every single green/blue/rare. Time is valuable, salvage them and take the potential slight hit in value. You are literally penny-pinching and wasting valuable time which you could be using on more productive things. In general the market for the blue/green items will be pretty close to their material value.

> > So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

>

> Sometimes they aren't too bad. If you're super lucky they can take as little as 5 minutes. But in my experience the average time is at least 15 minutes, with up to an hour or longer if you get really unlucky.

>

> And yes, I'm sorry, but the answer to not enough PvE dailies shouldn't be "well you should be a PvP player". It's a completely legitimate thing to dislike PvP. If you like it, that's fine, but some of us really, REALLY do not.

Dailies are not there to give you free stuff. They are meant to encourage you to try different game modes. Otherwise Arenanet would give you all 16 or so available dailies per game mode and let you do which ever ones you feel are fastest. If you are unwilling to take the shortest route to your desired goal, that is on you. Even spvp has dedicated arenas were people only do dailies 24/7.

>

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

> >

>

> It takes you longer than 2 minutes to sort through all the Tarir loot, unless you literally just DE it all and throw away the runes.

Yes, because spending over 5 minutes in hunting every single silver is time well spent on a market which adapts to the salvaged value. See my explanation above.

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > and to add: you don´t like pvp/wvw, you don´t like metas, you dislike doing map events, for some reason I suspect you also don´t do fractals... which really leaves the question, is this the right game for you? I am not telling you to p... off, but this really makes me wonder.

>

> Sometimes I really wonder. There are parts of this game I genuinely like, and the core ideas regarding most of the main gameplay mechanics are interesting. But the amount of times I've had to tell myself "Well, that's extremely annoying but not the end of the world" is a bit much. This is the same type of issue.

>

> Is it **that** big of an issue that dailies can be arbitrarily time locked? No, but it's still obnoxious as all getout.

>

> Some map events are fine, but most aren't tuned well. The main problem with metas is it's all just a huge zerg which is really, really boring. My individual actions in such an environment mean essentially nothing.

>

> Also, never done a fractal I couldn't solo, because the system for finding groups is stuck in the 90s and next to nobody runs low level fractals. Even if I got in, I have no idea how any of the group mechanics work because I've essentially solo'd in this game since beta.

Yes the LFG tool needs a rework, I think we all agree on that. It even more drastically needs a better tutorial and implementation into the game overall. I think you are underestimating how many new people join into fractals daily. The T1 fractals never seem empty, but I have to agree I check seldom since I run T4. I think your best bet would be to join a guild or get together with some people to play (a good recommendation for any MMO really). If that is not your cup then yes, fractals could be challenging to get into.

So you check the price for every green/blue item you get and put them on the TP individually? I have actually never heard anyone doing this before. This is of cause a tremendous waste of time for a, if any, meagre gain of silver/copper over materials. Even the random drops you´d get just running around killing single mobs in that time would probably outweigh the gain noticeably. Also, how do you raise MF then?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > Today is a double whammy of stupid. A PvP daily in the PvE rotation, and a PvE daily you can only do when the server says so.

> >

>

> Sorry I have to nitpick, but you are making life extra hard on yourself. Today was perfectly fine IF:

>

> - you did the WvW Big Spender (yes, you lose 15 Badges of Honor since you get back 10, don't tell me you are not swimming in these from achievements alone)

> - Shiverpeaks Lumberer

> - you killed 5 WvW npc (available at any tower, camp, keep, patrol, etc.). 0 player kills or interaction required and the risk is quite low even if you were to run into someone, big deal.

> - Blazeridge Steppes Event completer if you absolutely do not want to enter WvW

>

> There was 0 spvp or wvw involved and the daily was complete-able in 5 minutes, 15 maybe if you had to do events.

I don't know what badges those are. I have no idea where to spend them. I don't know what you are referring to. I do not PvP. I don't even know where to go to get into WvW and nor do I particularly care. I have **zero** desire to go into that game mode. I find PvP of any type to be stressful and not fun in the slightest.

I didn't do the daily today because I honestly didn't have time, but Shiverpeaks lumberer would've been the one I chose. However, I will point out that single objective would take longer than 5 minutes. Probably closer to 15. If you had all tree node locations memorized it could be done faster I'm sure, but I don't. Also, you listed 4 options, two of which are pvp, I fail to see how that is supposed to help a PvE player finish the daily.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

> > >

> > > - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> > > - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> > > - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> > > - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> > > - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> > > - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

> > >

> > > The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

> >

> > On the character of mine with the most inventory slots I have 50 slots open at the top. That's it. All the random detritus you accumulate takes up the other 92 slots. Half of which are in invisible bags.

> >

> > But space isn't the main reason it's so tedious dealing with so many items of near to no value. It's selling it all. I sell everything worth more than a silver. It's super slow and tedious, and if you go too fast the server literally tells you to slow down.

>

> First thing, if you lug around 92 items in your inventory, you are a hoarder. Yes I know many people especially in online games developer this habit where they have to carry every single item which they might use this year around. Here is what you do: any item which you have not used in the last 4 weeks you store in your bank or on an alternate character.

>

> Stop selling every single green/blue/rare. Time is valuable, salvage them and take the potential slight hit in value. You are literally penny-pinching and wasting valuable time which you could be using on more productive things. In general the market for the blue/green items will be pretty close to their material value.

I have no space left in my bank, it's full of various boosters and things of that nature. And filling that up with something from one character is hardly going to help. Most of it is all the random ass map completion stuff. Keys to various things. Crap like that. Heck, LS2 gives you a bunch of stuff just for doing it, then you can't do anything with it until you have **all the things relating to it**, so you just have to... hold on to it. That character has 3 gear sets as well, so that's a pretty big inventory burden.

Losing a silver on every item will tank my already terrible income even more. I'm swimming in crafting mats I have no use for. Selling the stuff is the most logical thing to do.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

> >

> > Sometimes they aren't too bad. If you're super lucky they can take as little as 5 minutes. But in my experience the average time is at least 15 minutes, with up to an hour or longer if you get really unlucky.

> >

> > And yes, I'm sorry, but the answer to not enough PvE dailies shouldn't be "well you should be a PvP player". It's a completely legitimate thing to dislike PvP. If you like it, that's fine, but some of us really, REALLY do not.

>

> Dailies are not there to give you free stuff. They are meant to encourage you to try different game modes. Otherwise Arenanet would give you all 16 or so available dailies per game mode and let you do which ever ones you feel are fastest. If you are unwilling to take the shortest route to your desired goal, that is on you. Even spvp has dedicated arenas were people only do dailies 24/7.

If that's the objective of Dailies, I think it's fair to say it fails to accomplish that pretty spectacularly. I do dailies because it's an okay money source. It's super hard to make money normally, and even with the daily my average daily income is 3-4 gold. When armor sets can run 400-600 gold, that's pretty pitiful.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> >

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

> > >

> >

> > It takes you longer than 2 minutes to sort through all the Tarir loot, unless you literally just DE it all and throw away the runes.

>

> Yes, because spending over 5 minutes in hunting every single silver is time well spent on a market which adapts to the salvaged value. See my explanation above.

Then how is it remotely profitable to do the event then? Why go through all that trouble to get 50 ore and cloth?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > and to add: you don´t like pvp/wvw, you don´t like metas, you dislike doing map events, for some reason I suspect you also don´t do fractals... which really leaves the question, is this the right game for you? I am not telling you to p... off, but this really makes me wonder.

> >

> > Sometimes I really wonder. There are parts of this game I genuinely like, and the core ideas regarding most of the main gameplay mechanics are interesting. But the amount of times I've had to tell myself "Well, that's extremely annoying but not the end of the world" is a bit much. This is the same type of issue.

> >

> > Is it **that** big of an issue that dailies can be arbitrarily time locked? No, but it's still obnoxious as all getout.

> >

> > Some map events are fine, but most aren't tuned well. The main problem with metas is it's all just a huge zerg which is really, really boring. My individual actions in such an environment mean essentially nothing.

> >

> > Also, never done a fractal I couldn't solo, because the system for finding groups is stuck in the 90s and next to nobody runs low level fractals. Even if I got in, I have no idea how any of the group mechanics work because I've essentially solo'd in this game since beta.

>

> Yes the LFG tool needs a rework, I think we all agree on that. It even more drastically needs a better tutorial and implementation into the game overall. I think you are underestimating how many new people join into fractals daily. The T1 fractals never seem empty, but I have to agree I check seldom since I run T4. I think your best bet would be to join a guild or get together with some people to play (a good recommendation for any MMO really). If that is not your cup then yes, fractals could be challenging to get into.

Most people I've talked to don't seem to think the LFG tool needs fixing, which is sad. Especially for Fractals or Dungeons. It's 2018 and one of the top MMOs has no matchmaking system for dungeons. No wonder nobody runs them.

Good tutorials would help in a lot of areas. The game is generally pretty bad about teaching a player how to play it. I think the personal story is a huge missed opportunity in that regard.

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

> So you check the price for every green/blue item you get and put them on the TP individually? I have actually never heard anyone doing this before. This is of cause a tremendous waste of time for a, if any, meagre gain of silver/copper over materials. Even the random drops you´d get just running around killing single mobs in that time would probably outweigh the gain noticeably. Also, how do you raise MF then?

Go to the TP, click sell, then you get a list in your inventory of all the sellable stuff not contained within invisible bags. You arrange by price and sell in that order. I only list if the buy order price is a percentage less than the list price. You can only do this so fast though, as the TP will get buttmad at you if you do it too quickly.

What the heck is MF? Male-Female? Make Friends? Manufactorum Frenzy? Musket Fire? Mass Freon?

> > > @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > > Today is a double whammy of stupid. A PvP daily in the PvE rotation, and a PvE daily you can only do when the server says so.

> > >

> >

> > Sorry I have to nitpick, but you are making life extra hard on yourself. Today was perfectly fine IF:

> >

> > - you did the WvW Big Spender (yes, you lose 15 Badges of Honor since you get back 10, don't tell me you are not swimming in these from achievements alone)

> > - Shiverpeaks Lumberer

> > - you killed 5 WvW npc (available at any tower, camp, keep, patrol, etc.). 0 player kills or interaction required and the risk is quite low even if you were to run into someone, big deal.

> > - Blazeridge Steppes Event completer if you absolutely do not want to enter WvW

> >

> > There was 0 spvp or wvw involved and the daily was complete-able in 5 minutes, 15 maybe if you had to do events.

>

> I don't know what badges those are. I have no idea where to spend them. I don't know what you are referring to. I do not PvP. I don't even know where to go to get into WvW and nor do I particularly care. I have **zero** desire to go into that game mode. I find PvP of any type to be stressful and not fun in the slightest.

>

> I didn't do the daily today because I honestly didn't have time, but Shiverpeaks lumberer would've been the one I chose. However, I will point out that single objective would take longer than 5 minutes. Probably closer to 15. If you had all tree node locations memorized it could be done faster I'm sure, but I don't. Also, you listed 4 options, two of which are pvp, I fail to see how that is supposed to help a PvE player finish the daily.

Big spender daily is just talking to a npc that is right in the safezone camp a few step from where you arrive in the map. Nothing can kill you there since it's your spawning base camp. You will never see an enemy there either because it's a big area and they simply cannot enter.

You press B, pick your world's borderland, turn 180 degree and walk until you see armor vendor. Then you buy for 25 badges of honor. Pick anything you have not unlocked.

Select a reward track in B window before doing this daily for the first time. You will get small bottle of exp that raise the reward track for whatever you have selected.

I understand not liking pvp, I don't either, but there's really nothing pvp about big spender daily. You should actually even pick that one before others since it give points to get items like dungeon armor skin and others.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Fifteen minutes to do the shiverpeaks lumberer? I’m starting to think that the issue isn’t the dailies at all.

Well, maybe not quite that long for Shiverpeaks. I was thinking about the various gathering ones, and sometimes they can be quite long (who is the jerk who tasks us to chop down 4 trees in the desert? XD). However, his claim that all three dailies can be done in 5 minutes is completely bogus.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Fifteen minutes to do the shiverpeaks lumberer? I’m starting to think that the issue isn’t the dailies at all.

>

> Well, maybe not quite that long for Shiverpeaks. I was thinking about the various gathering ones, and sometimes they can be quite long (who is the jerk who tasks us to chop down 4 trees in the desert? XD). However, his claim that all three dailies can be done in 5 minutes is completely bogus.

Actually, a lot of the time they can be done that quickly. Definitely within ten minutes.

A lot of people are trying to offer the OP advice that, if accepted, would make their time in Tyria a lot more pleasant if not more fun. The OP seems to prefer to argue the point with people experienced with managing inventory and with doing dailies in the least possible amount of time. Instead of being open to the idea of changing their own routine, the OP seems to expect it's more reasonable to ask Anet to change the game.

> > > Today is a double whammy of stupid. A PvP daily in the PvE rotation, and a PvE daily you can only do when the server says so.

> > >

> >

> > Sorry I have to nitpick, but you are making life extra hard on yourself. Today was perfectly fine IF:

> >

> > - you did the WvW Big Spender (yes, you lose 15 Badges of Honor since you get back 10, don't tell me you are not swimming in these from achievements alone)

> > - you killed 5 WvW npc (available at any tower, camp, keep, patrol, etc.). 0 player kills or interaction required and the risk is quite low even if you were to run into someone, big deal.

> > - Blazeridge Steppes Event completer if you absolutely do not want to enter WvW

> >

> > There was 0 spvp or wvw involved and the daily was complete-able in 5 minutes, 15 maybe if you had to do events.

>

> I don't know what badges those are. I have no idea where to spend them. I don't know what you are referring to. I do not PvP. I don't even know where to go to get into WvW and nor do I particularly care. I have **zero** desire to go into that game mode. I find PvP of any type to be stressful and not fun in the slightest.

>

> I didn't do the daily today because I honestly didn't have time, but Shiverpeaks lumberer would've been the one I chose. However, I will point out that single objective would take longer than 5 minutes. Probably closer to 15. If you had all tree node locations memorized it could be done faster I'm sure, but I don't. Also, you listed 4 options, two of which are pvp, I fail to see how that is supposed to help a PvE player finish the daily.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor

You will have more than enough from your achievements alone. As explained by Haishao.6851, you can simply enter the WvW mode (any of the 4 maps), stay in your sides safe zone where you are 100% safe from any attack, go to the racial armor vendor and buy items worth 25 BoH total which will reward you with a daily chest which returns 10 BoH.

The other upside: you get the racial armor skins cheaper than buying them from the pve merchant and over a long enough period of time can even get all the skins this way.

>

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

> > > >

> > > > - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> > > > - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> > > > - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> > > > - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> > > > - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> > > > - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

> > > >

> > > > The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

> > >

> > > On the character of mine with the most inventory slots I have 50 slots open at the top. That's it. All the random detritus you accumulate takes up the other 92 slots. Half of which are in invisible bags.

> > >

> > > But space isn't the main reason it's so tedious dealing with so many items of near to no value. It's selling it all. I sell everything worth more than a silver. It's super slow and tedious, and if you go too fast the server literally tells you to slow down.

> >

> > First thing, if you lug around 92 items in your inventory, you are a hoarder. Yes I know many people especially in online games developer this habit where they have to carry every single item which they might use this year around. Here is what you do: any item which you have not used in the last 4 weeks you store in your bank or on an alternate character.

> >

> > Stop selling every single green/blue/rare. Time is valuable, salvage them and take the potential slight hit in value. You are literally penny-pinching and wasting valuable time which you could be using on more productive things. In general the market for the blue/green items will be pretty close to their material value.

>

> I have no space left in my bank, it's full of various boosters and things of that nature. And filling that up with something from one character is hardly going to help. Most of it is all the random kitten map completion stuff. Keys to various things. Crap like that. Heck, LS2 gives you a bunch of stuff just for doing it, then you can't do anything with it until you have **all the things relating to it**, so you just have to... hold on to it. That character has 3 gear sets as well, so that's a pretty big inventory burden.

>

> Losing a silver on every item will tank my already terrible income even more. I'm swimming in crafting mats I have no use for. Selling the stuff is the most logical thing to do.

**I'll repeat what I said earlier, your blue/green/rare item value on the TP is adjusted to the value of the possible material return.** It's slightly higher since you also get luck from salvaging them but otherwise the market value of the materials which you can get out will affect the price you get per item. If you have no use for the crafting materials, sell them off so you make room for more from salvaging items.

If you do not intend to finish any of the Living World 2 collections and those items have been sitting in you characters inventory for over 4 weeks, delete them and re-aquire them down the road when you actually decide to use them. Unless you are carrying 4 different sets of full equipment on your character there is no reason to have so much permanent space occupied. I have alternate characters with as low inventory space and still have no issue getting done in a short amount of time.

>

> > > > So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

> > >

> > > Sometimes they aren't too bad. If you're super lucky they can take as little as 5 minutes. But in my experience the average time is at least 15 minutes, with up to an hour or longer if you get really unlucky.

> > >

> > > And yes, I'm sorry, but the answer to not enough PvE dailies shouldn't be "well you should be a PvP player". It's a completely legitimate thing to dislike PvP. If you like it, that's fine, but some of us really, REALLY do not.

> >

> > Dailies are not there to give you free stuff. They are meant to encourage you to try different game modes. Otherwise Arenanet would give you all 16 or so available dailies per game mode and let you do which ever ones you feel are fastest. If you are unwilling to take the shortest route to your desired goal, that is on you. Even spvp has dedicated arenas were people only do dailies 24/7.

>

> If that's the objective of Dailies, I think it's fair to say it fails to accomplish that pretty spectacularly. I do dailies because it's an okay money source. It's super hard to make money normally, and even with the daily my average daily income is 3-4 gold. When armor sets can run 400-600 gold, that's pretty pitiful.

The gold you generate is absolutely dependent on which content you play. Even if not actively doing meta or gold farms, you can get way more than 3-4 gold per day with some minor planing. Craft the ascended crafting materials on daily cool down and sell those. On the one hand you get to use up your materials, on the other you can make 1-2 gold per ascended crafting material. All it takes is some minor TP buy orders as short as 1 day earlier.

>

> > >

> > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

> > > >

> > >

> > > It takes you longer than 2 minutes to sort through all the Tarir loot, unless you literally just DE it all and throw away the runes.

> >

> > Yes, because spending over 5 minutes in hunting every single silver is time well spent on a market which adapts to the salvaged value. See my explanation above.

>

> Then how is it remotely profitable to do the event then? Why go through all that trouble to get 50 ore and cloth?

Because the event obviously rewards more than 50 cloth and ore. One Auric Basin Octovine rewards approximately 70-80 blue/greens and 10-15 rares. That's if you open the bags you get on the character right then and there. If you were to collect the loot bags and open them on a level 47-53 character, the rewarded blue/green items would be of lower level providing the quite expensive lower level crafting materials (or the higher value blue/green items from lower level on the TP).

> What the heck is MF? Male-Female? Make Friends? Manufactorum Frenzy? Musket Fire? Mass Freon?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find

Found under your achievement tab, it increases with luck consumed and improves the loot drop from enemies and certain loot bags.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> > > > Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

> > > >

> > > > - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> > > > - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> > > > - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> > > > - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> > > > - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> > > > - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

> > > >

> > > > The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

> > >

> > > On the character of mine with the most inventory slots I have 50 slots open at the top. That's it. All the random detritus you accumulate takes up the other 92 slots. Half of which are in invisible bags.

> > >

> > > But space isn't the main reason it's so tedious dealing with so many items of near to no value. It's selling it all. I sell everything worth more than a silver. It's super slow and tedious, and if you go too fast the server literally tells you to slow down.

> >

> > First thing, if you lug around 92 items in your inventory, you are a hoarder. Yes I know many people especially in online games developer this habit where they have to carry every single item which they might use this year around. Here is what you do: any item which you have not used in the last 4 weeks you store in your bank or on an alternate character.

> >

> > Stop selling every single green/blue/rare. Time is valuable, salvage them and take the potential slight hit in value. You are literally penny-pinching and wasting valuable time which you could be using on more productive things. In general the market for the blue/green items will be pretty close to their material value.

>

> I have no space left in my bank, it's full of various boosters and things of that nature. And filling that up with something from one character is hardly going to help. Most of it is all the random kitten map completion stuff. Keys to various things. Crap like that. Heck, LS2 gives you a bunch of stuff just for doing it, then you can't do anything with it until you have **all the things relating to it**, so you just have to... hold on to it. That character has 3 gear sets as well, so that's a pretty big inventory burden.

>

> Losing a silver on every item will tank my already terrible income even more. I'm swimming in crafting mats I have no use for. Selling the stuff is the most logical thing to do.

>

> > > > So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

> > >

> > > Sometimes they aren't too bad. If you're super lucky they can take as little as 5 minutes. But in my experience the average time is at least 15 minutes, with up to an hour or longer if you get really unlucky.

> > >

> > > And yes, I'm sorry, but the answer to not enough PvE dailies shouldn't be "well you should be a PvP player". It's a completely legitimate thing to dislike PvP. If you like it, that's fine, but some of us really, REALLY do not.

> >

> > Dailies are not there to give you free stuff. They are meant to encourage you to try different game modes. Otherwise Arenanet would give you all 16 or so available dailies per game mode and let you do which ever ones you feel are fastest. If you are unwilling to take the shortest route to your desired goal, that is on you. Even spvp has dedicated arenas were people only do dailies 24/7.

>

> If that's the objective of Dailies, I think it's fair to say it fails to accomplish that pretty spectacularly. I do dailies because it's an okay money source. It's super hard to make money normally, and even with the daily my average daily income is 3-4 gold. When armor sets can run 400-600 gold, that's pretty pitiful.

>

> > >

> > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

> > > >

> > >

> > > It takes you longer than 2 minutes to sort through all the Tarir loot, unless you literally just DE it all and throw away the runes.

> >

> > Yes, because spending over 5 minutes in hunting every single silver is time well spent on a market which adapts to the salvaged value. See my explanation above.

>

> Then how is it remotely profitable to do the event then? Why go through all that trouble to get 50 ore and cloth?

>

> > > > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > > > and to add: you don´t like pvp/wvw, you don´t like metas, you dislike doing map events, for some reason I suspect you also don´t do fractals... which really leaves the question, is this the right game for you? I am not telling you to p... off, but this really makes me wonder.

> > >

> > > Sometimes I really wonder. There are parts of this game I genuinely like, and the core ideas regarding most of the main gameplay mechanics are interesting. But the amount of times I've had to tell myself "Well, that's extremely annoying but not the end of the world" is a bit much. This is the same type of issue.

> > >

> > > Is it **that** big of an issue that dailies can be arbitrarily time locked? No, but it's still obnoxious as all getout.

> > >

> > > Some map events are fine, but most aren't tuned well. The main problem with metas is it's all just a huge zerg which is really, really boring. My individual actions in such an environment mean essentially nothing.

> > >

> > > Also, never done a fractal I couldn't solo, because the system for finding groups is stuck in the 90s and next to nobody runs low level fractals. Even if I got in, I have no idea how any of the group mechanics work because I've essentially solo'd in this game since beta.

> >

> > Yes the LFG tool needs a rework, I think we all agree on that. It even more drastically needs a better tutorial and implementation into the game overall. I think you are underestimating how many new people join into fractals daily. The T1 fractals never seem empty, but I have to agree I check seldom since I run T4. I think your best bet would be to join a guild or get together with some people to play (a good recommendation for any MMO really). If that is not your cup then yes, fractals could be challenging to get into.

>

> Most people I've talked to don't seem to think the LFG tool needs fixing, which is sad. Especially for Fractals or Dungeons. It's 2018 and one of the top MMOs has no matchmaking system for dungeons. No wonder nobody runs them.

>

> Good tutorials would help in a lot of areas. The game is generally pretty bad about teaching a player how to play it. I think the personal story is a huge missed opportunity in that regard.

>

> > @"Algreg.3629" said:

> > So you check the price for every green/blue item you get and put them on the TP individually? I have actually never heard anyone doing this before. This is of cause a tremendous waste of time for a, if any, meagre gain of silver/copper over materials. Even the random drops you´d get just running around killing single mobs in that time would probably outweigh the gain noticeably. Also, how do you raise MF then?

>

> Go to the TP, click sell, then you get a list in your inventory of all the sellable stuff not contained within invisible bags. You arrange by price and sell in that order. I only list if the buy order price is a percentage less than the list price. You can only do this so fast though, as the TP will get buttmad at you if you do it too quickly.

>

> What the heck is MF? Male-Female? Make Friends? Manufactorum Frenzy? Musket Fire? Mass Freon?

no offense, but what those badges are and what MF means, is very, very common knowledge in game. I am a bit flabbergasted, I don´t think I have ever come across a player who is not aware of these, or the concept of salvaging loot for materials to sell. I am not sure a MMORPG, as casual as GW2 is, is really the right choice for you. These kind of games usually require a minimum of involvement to really enjoy, which it seems is not really your kind of thing. And on top of that, vou are clearly complicating things for yourself a lot.

I would suggest the OP become familiar with the Wiki (link above), as the OP is either very new, or hasn't learned much about the game.

Broaden horizons, and things won't be nearly so difficult.

Good luck.

p.s. A (Wiki) tip: You can spend Badges of Honor in a Guild Hall with the necessary upgrades to complete 'Big Spender' without ever setting foot in WvW (even though entering WvW for 'Big Spender' is 100% safe), and sell the acquisition on the Trading Post.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > > > Today is a double whammy of stupid. A PvP daily in the PvE rotation, and a PvE daily you can only do when the server says so.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sorry I have to nitpick, but you are making life extra hard on yourself. Today was perfectly fine IF:

> > >

> > > - you did the WvW Big Spender (yes, you lose 15 Badges of Honor since you get back 10, don't tell me you are not swimming in these from achievements alone)

> > > - Shiverpeaks Lumberer

> > > - you killed 5 WvW npc (available at any tower, camp, keep, patrol, etc.). 0 player kills or interaction required and the risk is quite low even if you were to run into someone, big deal.

> > > - Blazeridge Steppes Event completer if you absolutely do not want to enter WvW

> > >

> > > There was 0 spvp or wvw involved and the daily was complete-able in 5 minutes, 15 maybe if you had to do events.

> >

> > I don't know what badges those are. I have no idea where to spend them. I don't know what you are referring to. I do not PvP. I don't even know where to go to get into WvW and nor do I particularly care. I have **zero** desire to go into that game mode. I find PvP of any type to be stressful and not fun in the slightest.

> >

> > I didn't do the daily today because I honestly didn't have time, but Shiverpeaks lumberer would've been the one I chose. However, I will point out that single objective would take longer than 5 minutes. Probably closer to 15. If you had all tree node locations memorized it could be done faster I'm sure, but I don't. Also, you listed 4 options, two of which are pvp, I fail to see how that is supposed to help a PvE player finish the daily.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor

> You will have more than enough from your achievements alone. As explained by Haishao.6851, you can simply enter the WvW mode (any of the 4 maps), stay in your sides safe zone where you are 100% safe from any attack, go to the racial armor vendor and buy items worth 25 BoH total which will reward you with a daily chest which returns 10 BoH.

>

> The other upside: you get the racial armor skins cheaper than buying them from the pve merchant and over a long enough period of time can even get all the skins this way.

I just checked my wallet. I have 1300 of these things. I have no idea from what, as I've only ever been in the WvW mode for like 20 minutes years and years ago, and never done anything PvP before or since.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> >

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

> > > > >

> > > > > - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> > > > > - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> > > > > - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> > > > > - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> > > > > - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> > > > > - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

> > > > >

> > > > > The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

> > > >

> > > > On the character of mine with the most inventory slots I have 50 slots open at the top. That's it. All the random detritus you accumulate takes up the other 92 slots. Half of which are in invisible bags.

> > > >

> > > > But space isn't the main reason it's so tedious dealing with so many items of near to no value. It's selling it all. I sell everything worth more than a silver. It's super slow and tedious, and if you go too fast the server literally tells you to slow down.

> > >

> > > First thing, if you lug around 92 items in your inventory, you are a hoarder. Yes I know many people especially in online games developer this habit where they have to carry every single item which they might use this year around. Here is what you do: any item which you have not used in the last 4 weeks you store in your bank or on an alternate character.

> > >

> > > Stop selling every single green/blue/rare. Time is valuable, salvage them and take the potential slight hit in value. You are literally penny-pinching and wasting valuable time which you could be using on more productive things. In general the market for the blue/green items will be pretty close to their material value.

> >

> > I have no space left in my bank, it's full of various boosters and things of that nature. And filling that up with something from one character is hardly going to help. Most of it is all the random kitten map completion stuff. Keys to various things. Crap like that. Heck, LS2 gives you a bunch of stuff just for doing it, then you can't do anything with it until you have **all the things relating to it**, so you just have to... hold on to it. That character has 3 gear sets as well, so that's a pretty big inventory burden.

> >

> > Losing a silver on every item will tank my already terrible income even more. I'm swimming in crafting mats I have no use for. Selling the stuff is the most logical thing to do.

>

> **I'll repeat what I said earlier, your blue/green/rare item value on the TP is adjusted to the value of the possible material return.** It's slightly higher since you also get luck from salvaging them but otherwise the market value of the materials which you can get out will affect the price you get per item. If you have no use for the crafting materials, sell them off so you make room for more from salvaging items.

>

> If you do not intend to finish any of the Living World 2 collections and those items have been sitting in you characters inventory for over 4 weeks, delete them and re-aquire them down the road when you actually decide to use them. Unless you are carrying 4 different sets of full equipment on your character there is no reason to have so much permanent space occupied. I have alternate characters with as low inventory space and still have no issue getting done in a short amount of time.

I just checked several blue items. The material gain from salvaging was roughly half, to 60%, of the value of the items. These were common, 1.5ish silver items. Losing 50% revenue when my gold income is already pretty meager doesn't sound like the brightest of ideas. Would it be more convenient? Yes (well, until I run out of those things to make the mystic salvage kits anyway), but would kill my gold income outside of dailies.

I double checked on the specific character I was talking about, and I actually don't have those items on her as she's only done a couple of missions in the first episode. Also... can you reacquire them? How? I don't remember what they were specifically, but they didn't seem like they were reobtainable.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> >

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

> > > >

> > > > Sometimes they aren't too bad. If you're super lucky they can take as little as 5 minutes. But in my experience the average time is at least 15 minutes, with up to an hour or longer if you get really unlucky.

> > > >

> > > > And yes, I'm sorry, but the answer to not enough PvE dailies shouldn't be "well you should be a PvP player". It's a completely legitimate thing to dislike PvP. If you like it, that's fine, but some of us really, REALLY do not.

> > >

> > > Dailies are not there to give you free stuff. They are meant to encourage you to try different game modes. Otherwise Arenanet would give you all 16 or so available dailies per game mode and let you do which ever ones you feel are fastest. If you are unwilling to take the shortest route to your desired goal, that is on you. Even spvp has dedicated arenas were people only do dailies 24/7.

> >

> > If that's the objective of Dailies, I think it's fair to say it fails to accomplish that pretty spectacularly. I do dailies because it's an okay money source. It's super hard to make money normally, and even with the daily my average daily income is 3-4 gold. When armor sets can run 400-600 gold, that's pretty pitiful.

>

> The gold you generate is absolutely dependent on which content you play. Even if not actively doing meta or gold farms, you can get way more than 3-4 gold per day with some minor planing. Craft the ascended crafting materials on daily cool down and sell those. On the one hand you get to use up your materials, on the other you can make 1-2 gold per ascended crafting material. All it takes is some minor TP buy orders as short as 1 day earlier.

Being able to craft ascended material apparently takes crafting 450 or higher. That's a gold investment of 60+ per discipline. That's a bit ridiculous for a tip on how to first start making decent money. I'll look into it though. I don't really do much crafting because A. what's the point, and B. the crafting system is convoluted as heck, and C. it's super super expensive and rarely worth the investment.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> >

> > > >

> > > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > > Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It takes you longer than 2 minutes to sort through all the Tarir loot, unless you literally just DE it all and throw away the runes.

> > >

> > > Yes, because spending over 5 minutes in hunting every single silver is time well spent on a market which adapts to the salvaged value. See my explanation above.

> >

> > Then how is it remotely profitable to do the event then? Why go through all that trouble to get 50 ore and cloth?

>

> Because the event obviously rewards more than 50 cloth and ore. One Auric Basin Octovine rewards approximately 70-80 blue/greens and 10-15 rares. That's if you open the bags you get on the character right then and there. If you were to collect the loot bags and open them on a level 47-53 character, the rewarded blue/green items would be of lower level providing the quite expensive lower level crafting materials (or the higher value blue/green items from lower level on the TP).

Oh, so instead of just selling the loot, I'm supposed to roll an alternate character and keep it level 50ish, JUST to open bags? And that's somehow done in "2 minutes"? I thought I was supposed to just DE them all? So which is it?

Yes, I'll grant that if I JUST DE'd all the gear I'd be able to sort through it all in less than ten minutes, possibly less than five (2 minutes is, well, no, I don't believe you. If you think it's two minutes, you don't know how long a minute is). But that would cut my gold income outside of dailies in half or less. So, yes, Tarir's reward is work. No player should ever tell themselves to not do an activity because the reward is more of a burden than just ignoring it. **Especially** in a game that really wants players to participate in crap.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > What the heck is MF? Male-Female? Make Friends? Manufactorum Frenzy? Musket Fire? Mass Freon?

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find

> Found under your achievement tab, it increases with luck consumed and improves the loot drop from enemies and certain loot bags.

Tired brain didn't think of that. I'm aware of that stat (though I'm not really aware of how it really has any effect, the % seems rather arbitrary).

> @"Algreg.3629" said:

>

> no offense, but what those badges are and what MF means, is very, very common knowledge in game. I am a bit flabbergasted, I don´t think I have ever come across a player who is not aware of these, or the concept of salvaging loot for materials to sell. I am not sure a MMORPG, as casual as GW2 is, is really the right choice for you. These kind of games usually require a minimum of involvement to really enjoy, which it seems is not really your kind of thing. And on top of that, vou are clearly complicating things for yourself a lot.

I don't know why I would be expected to know anything about PvP rewards, as I am a pure PvE player. Also, I know what Magic Find is, I just have never seen it abbreviated and my coffee hadn't taken effect, so I didn't connect MF with Magic Find.

And GW2 is hardly "casual". It's super, **super** grindy (of the top 3 or 4 MMOs it is by far the grindiest thanks to the ridiculous requirements of the mastery system), to get the better gear takes months of prep work, and the legendaries take literally a year or longer to get. The gear grind even for exotics is obnoxiously terrible because of the way the stat systems work. Heck, to even begin setting yourself a goal takes a day of reading, possibly longer.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I would suggest the OP become familiar with the Wiki (link above), as the OP is either very new, or hasn't learned much about the game.

> Broaden horizons, and things won't be nearly so difficult.

>

> Good luck.

>

> p.s. A (Wiki) tip: You can spend Badges of Honor in a Guild Hall with the necessary upgrades to complete 'Big Spender' without ever setting foot in WvW (even though entering WvW for 'Big Spender' is 100% safe), and sell the acquisition on the Trading Post.

I've been playing since the beta. I'm quite familiar with the wiki. I'm familiar enough with it to understand that it is not very useful. I miss the GW1 wiki, whoever managed that was awesome. GW2 wiki is a freaking mess. It needs a top to bottom rewrite, and the formatting needs to be redone entirely.

Also, I don't have a guild hall. D:

I think you just really dislike the game and haven't realized it fully yet. Everything is too grindy, a ridiculous effort etc. That is all subjective and true from your perspective then, but why stick to something that apparently is a source of great annoyance to you? It´s not like there aren´t a million completely different games out there. Again, I do not want to drive you away, but I am sincerly baffled why you stick to something you seem to hate mostly. I mean, e.g., a single piece of berserker exotic equipment can be bought for 2-9 gold, that is like a day to less than a week of daily rewards. You consider that a grind?

The badges of honor you have (which you can spend to get a daily on some days) probably came from achievement point chests. If you're in a guild that's upgraded, you can spend them in the guild hall and never set foot in WvW at all, and still get a daily from it.

All games are about grinds, one way or another. If OP is pure PvE, why concern so much about gears and grinds? Go out there, kill mobs, exploring. I used to sell everything green/blues items to vendors because I wanted more gold in my wallet but then realised that salvaging those would give me materials which would be helpful later on. Then I jumped into Fractal and i did not ls3 so i played a lots T1 and T2 to buy trinkets then crafted myself a very first ascended armor set and weapon. They costed so much but luckily I had the materials stored, still expensive though. Took me around 2 months to fully ascended equipped.

Managing inventory is not that hard. And You can always expand material storages, bag slots, bank slots etc. and if OP does not like meta, dont run one, do it solo. Soloing some maps are just suicide!

OP does not like the grind because playing pure PvE, then dont worry about legendary. Ascended is doable and not that hard. Hope you will enjoy the game.

> I don't like map metas. They are rarely very fun, you just run around in a giant mob where your actions mean so little you just need to damage the mob in any way to get credit. The rewards aren't great, in fact Tarirs reward is WORK as you have to spend so long clearing inventory afterward. I also don't like them because they lock out things like, I dunno, a daily freaking objective.

>

> You broke the daily system forever ago. Now we have very few choices on what we can do for dailies. Then you lock some of those and make us just sit and wait for 20 minutes literally staring at a log. For no reason.

Interesting. You dont have to wait at all for both verdant brink and auric basin. I usually just jump in 5 min after vb and just wait for someone to post open tarir. And the reason, for me at least, is to get the amalgamated gemstone. Actually if you time it just right you can get all 4 maps and a pinata kill in 1 hr. Within that hour you have a chance to get 1 of 3 rare infusions.