Explain me what happened pls

reckfull.3924

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> you were hit by a Deadeye you were fighting with for a reasonable amount of time. He got max malice stacks and backstabbed you with either Assassin signet or binding shad.

Either you have no idea what you talking about or thats me because last time they reworked DE ...they gain malice when they HIT or critically hit MARKED target (checked just in case description). First and only hit was backstab

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > Im very curious what class/Build is the Op using ie what’s his Armor etc. hard to fully **seduce** with one screen shot

> Oh my...

> I Hope you take them out to dinner first you lil rascal you :P

I would love to take credit for that slip up, but alas I am a victim of Autocorrect

> you were hit by a Deadeye you were fighting with for a reasonable amount of time. He got max malice stacks and backstabbed you with either Assassin signet or binding shad.

Given that there are only three skills listed on the death breakdown, the fight was very short and the thief did not have max malice. Also if you look at his combat log you can see that the thief opened with the 20k backstab. So the thief didn't have malice at all.

I guess we can add this to the long list of thief 1-shot builds. Over the entire course of this games history, thief has had more 1-bang cheese builds than every other class put together.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > you were hit by a Deadeye you were fighting with for a reasonable amount of time. He got max malice stacks and backstabbed you with either Assassin signet or binding shad.

> Given that there are only three skills listed on the death breakdown, the fight was very short and the thief did not have max malice. Also if you look at his combat log you can see that the thief opened with the 20k backstab. So the thief didn't have malice at all.

>

> I guess we can add this to the long list of thief 1-shot builds. Over the entire course of this games history, thief has had more 1-bang cheese builds than every other class put together.

One caveat you can generate max Malice without ever attacking, it just takes a long, long time.

hmmm

they had zerk and scholar

traits i bet were

twin fangs

dagger training

executioner

practiced tolerance

no quarter

malicious intent

be quick or killed

on the weapon was sigil of intelligence

you glided in and fell into the arena dropping you health below 50% (the fall damage wouldn't be in the combat log, i checked)

that would allow for a hit like that of just a mark.

were you naked too? why crop out your profession skills?

edit: maybe they had assassin signet and signet of shadows too...? either way I don't think this is legit.

> @"XxsdgxX.8109" said:

> More proof

>

> Such a meme depth-less class. Unfortunate, thief along with mesmer are incredibly unhealthy for this game.

> Theres no place for these instant casts classes if you want any sense of fairness/balance/fun.

instant cast or 1-shot?

cause a good chunk of classes have instant cast skills, and a good chunk have "one" shot capability, and the ones that do not usually can sustain long enough to melt foes attacking them.

also, i think this picture is a setup/fraudulent.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > you were hit by a Deadeye you were fighting with for a reasonable amount of time. He got max malice stacks and backstabbed you with either Assassin signet or binding shad.

>

> Either you have no idea what you talking about or thats me because last time they reworked DE ...they gain malice when they HIT or critically hit MARKED target (checked just in case description). First and only hit was backstab

Look at the Deadeye trait lines again.They have a trait that specifically gives them a malice stack when they mark you. It used to also give you malice when you healed, but that was removed in the recent balancing (wish mirage got balancing that aggressive.)

They can now mark you once every 25 seconds, 20 if traited.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malicious_Intent

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> Given that there are only three skills listed on the death breakdown, the fight was very short and the thief did not have max malice. Also if you look at his combat log you can see that the thief opened with the 20k backstab. So the thief didn't have malice at all.

>

> I guess we can add this to the long list of thief 1-shot builds. Over the entire course of this games history, thief has had more 1-bang cheese builds than every other class put together.

He was marked 7 times, then got backstabbed. He was thus in combat for at least 140 seconds, as per malicious intent, if the thief that hit him took malicious 7. It could have been five times if the thief specced zerker, scholar and then popped assassin right before the stab.

This seems like a setup. There's no real way to get marked 7 times over the course of two minutes and then not either have hits on the thief or be expecting a backstab. OP was either not paying attention or allowed himself to be marked five to seven times with a D/D power thief in 1500 range.

If you're going to sit in combat vs a thief for 140 seconds and _not hit him _ , you deserve to die. Thief's weapon set used for power is often free.

I'm pretty sure I know what traitlines he is using, as my deadeye runs something similar with similar dps output against squishies or demo-amulet builds, but deadeyes cannot _open_ on you for all your HP. You have to sit there and do _nothing for over two minutes, hear the "malice full" voice/sound cue, and then fail to frustrate backstab by strafing/about facing_ to get oneshot like that.

It's like getting slept by Miguel in Tekken. If you let that hit you, you deserve it.

To all of you asking for datas: I was playing a normal power rev and as soon as i entered the arena i got marked and instantly oneshotted, didn’t even time to react. He definitely didn’t stack malice since he hit me with the “combo” at the same time i got marked.

I’m a plat 3 player and can easily react to teefs, I’ve never seen his setup ONCE. I’m not crying or anything but i’ve never seen something like that and would like to know if it’s a bug or not. Btw he wasn’t using assasin’s signet.

twolongtoread

According to what I see he is was on arena with actually fighting ppl in there and no other sources of damage. Hightly doubt you can stand there afk 140 secodns without being not just killed but hit at least once.

Only explanation for me ,he was naked ...or he had 15% damage from trickery before landind backstab with all signets use for 25 might

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

>

> > Given that there are only three skills listed on the death breakdown, the fight was very short and the thief did not have max malice. Also if you look at his combat log you can see that the thief opened with the 20k backstab. So the thief didn't have malice at all.

> >

> > I guess we can add this to the long list of thief 1-shot builds. Over the entire course of this games history, thief has had more 1-bang cheese builds than every other class put together.

>

> He was marked 7 times, then got backstabbed. He was thus in combat for at least 140 seconds, as per malicious intent, if the thief that hit him took malicious 7. It could have been five times if the thief specced zerker, scholar and then popped assassin right before the stab.

>

> This seems like a setup. There's no real way to get marked 7 times over the course of two minutes and then not either have hits on the thief or be expecting a backstab. OP was either not paying attention or allowed himself to be marked five to seven times with a D/D power thief in 1500 range.

> If you're going to sit in combat vs a thief for 140 seconds and _not hit him _ , you deserve to die. Thief's weapon set used for power is often free.

>

> I'm pretty sure I know what traitlines he is using, as my deadeye runs something similar with similar dps output against squishies or demo-amulet builds, but deadeyes cannot _open_ on you for all your HP. You have to sit there and do _nothing for over two minutes, hear the "malice full" voice/sound cue, and then fail to frustrate backstab by strafing/about facing_ to get oneshot like that.

I did some quick testing. You can do 17.9k (so basically 18k) with exactly one stack of malice. Higher numbers could be done if the mark steals boons for extra Sigil of Enhancement & Premeditation juice.

https://imgur.com/a/8NhR7d5

I did this running this setup. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAoa4YnsMBlPhFOBOOBUGjlxCzbAEAOA8hx2YccbDVW6QA-j5AXABAs/QDlBK+BAAA

black powder > 3x heartseeker (for both stealth and max Lead Attacks stacks) > mark target > Assassin siggy > backstab.

The guy in the OP was probably hit within 10 seconds of touching down in the arena. It's pretty common given that the FFA area is a haven for thieves and mesmers running all manner of gimmicky 1-shot builds.

You could probably make a more conquest practical build with d/p + SB w/ marauders, and would likely be able to get 15k backstabs.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> >

> > > Given that there are only three skills listed on the death breakdown, the fight was very short and the thief did not have max malice. Also if you look at his combat log you can see that the thief opened with the 20k backstab. So the thief didn't have malice at all.

> > >

> > > I guess we can add this to the long list of thief 1-shot builds. Over the entire course of this games history, thief has had more 1-bang cheese builds than every other class put together.

> >

> > He was marked 7 times, then got backstabbed. He was thus in combat for at least 140 seconds, as per malicious intent, if the thief that hit him took malicious 7. It could have been five times if the thief specced zerker, scholar and then popped assassin right before the stab.

> >

> > This seems like a setup. There's no real way to get marked 7 times over the course of two minutes and then not either have hits on the thief or be expecting a backstab. OP was either not paying attention or allowed himself to be marked five to seven times with a D/D power thief in 1500 range.

> > If you're going to sit in combat vs a thief for 140 seconds and _not hit him _ , you deserve to die. Thief's weapon set used for power is often free.

> >

> > I'm pretty sure I know what traitlines he is using, as my deadeye runs something similar with similar dps output against squishies or demo-amulet builds, but deadeyes cannot _open_ on you for all your HP. You have to sit there and do _nothing for over two minutes, hear the "malice full" voice/sound cue, and then fail to frustrate backstab by strafing/about facing_ to get oneshot like that.

>

> I did some quick testing. You can do 17.9k (so basically 18k) with exactly one stack of malice. Higher numbers could be done if the mark steals boons for extra Sigil of Enhancement & Premeditation juice.

> https://imgur.com/a/8NhR7d5

> I did this running this setup. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAoa4YnsMBlPhFOBOOBUGjlxCzbAEAOA8hx2YccbDVW6QA-j5AXABAs/QDlBK+BAAA

>

> black powder > 3x heartseeker (for both stealth and max Lead Attacks stacks) > mark target > Assassin siggy > backstab.

>

> The guy in the OP was probably hit within 10 seconds of touching down in the arena. It's pretty common given that the FFA area is a haven for thieves and mesmers running all manner of gimmicky 1-shot builds.

>

>

> You could probably make a more conquest practical build with d/p + SB w/ marauders, and would likely be able to get 15k backstabs.

>

_*leans forward, squinting*_

Agreed tentatively; that is pretty cheesy. Of course you'd be insane to run zerker ammy in conq at close range, so I'm going to go look at this with marauders now.

Update:

Using Crinn's build, I was able to open on Heavies for 10k and Lights for 13-14k on one stack of malice. if you steal boons, you might be able to pull off 15k with the prep stated above.

https://gyazo.com/286afcff26ad55dfb12bef0e2aab7319

That's neat, but impractical in most cases. as you'd have no init for SB and would have to blinding immediately if you failed. You would probably never see this in conquest, as unless you are a glass light you'd be responding to a tapped-out thief upon the open. Not to mention theyd have to BP near you to get into position in time, so even if you didn't see them you'd likely hear the powder.

Agreed that it's kinda strong, but I don't think it's meta shaping. Unload and condi Sword rely on less and give you more in terms of practicality. At best you'd piss off heavies and also activate their passives at half HP. No idea how that affects eles.

Definite Arena Harpy build though.

Facestabs were 5-7k btw. So any strafer will live.

_I also had no idea we got stability and breakstun on blinding now yeee_