Nature of Rewards -> Exclusive or Not

It was hard to pick an answer out of those two due to how they are worded. For the first part I choose the 2nd option: "I want the rewards to be exclusive and prestigious." more so on exclusive than prestigious, but a game without unique rewards behind different types of content cannot survive because it's impossible to balance liquid rewards across game modes. This means that after a while the easiest path to the rewards is what will get the players, while anything else will disappear.

However for the second part of the question, I'd pick the first one: "whenever I want for the life of the game." Although I'm of the opinion that they should add exclusive rewards to different types of content (see above), I want those rewards available at any moment and not be time exclusive.

I cannot disagree more with "I want to be rewarded for being there at the right time and place.", that's terrible in my opinion, it's not exclusivity through content, but through being online at the right time. I also completely disagree with "Only Barrier is playtime.", because then the game is all about grinding, plus you can't really make this work for every player. An extreme but I think spot-on example is, what if someone only farms Moas in Queensdale? Should they get access to every reward available? Making all rewards available to everyone, regardless of content they play, and only basing it on playtime is as terrible as having time-limited exclusive rewards.

In the end you can say I agree with both options and I also disagree with both options. None of these is my choice.

Not voting because I don't agree with either extremist option. I am fine with how the game is actually implemented, where the vast majority of rewards (cosmetic) are obtainable through gold (and gold is obtainable through doing pretty much anything) or through multiple avenues. There are only a few exclusive or "prestigious" rewards, and they should stay the way they are. In other words, there is a richly rewarding game however you play. No one needs absolutely everything, nor should only the most elite players get everything cool or exciting.

> @"Revilrad.1962" said:

> Option not to vote is a statement too ... snip ... Aim is more like to find out the Ratio of the both ends of the Spectrum.

Not voting is only a statement if the player posts, and makes some third choice. An abstention by choice without such a post looks the same as a "visited the thread by mistake," a "visited the thread but chose not to vote for some reason," or a "visited the thread but don't care."

It is of course your poll, so your choice about how to gather data. However, if you had included a middle of the road choice, you would still have had data on the two positions you say you want to measure.

> @"Revilrad.1962" said:

> I aim to get an idea what kind of rewards the playerbase of the game expects.

~SNIP~

> At the moment the game tries to take a hybrid approach. Game pushes in one direction (adding Raids tieing legendary armor to them) and later pushes again in the other direction (making old rewards avaiable by addindg them to a merchant)

>

You didn't include the 3rd option, which is keeping it status quo....some rewards are exclusive and some are from playing the game...no need to limit it to either or. People really need to learn how to make a proper pole.

> @"Revilrad.1962" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Personally, I think a robust game has a variety of types of rewards, not just two types. Random drops, things you can work on as leisurely or as intensely as you like (e.g. grind or not), rewards from accomplishments, skill or challenge rewards, exclusive rewards for being at the right place & right time, things you can purchase, things that you get for a contest, and more.

> >

> > The mix is always going to be tricky, as everyone has their own preference. And, sometimes, we don't even realize how much we appreciate the other types of rewards until we don't have them.

> >

> > I don't think there's just two options, and I think there's a complex spectrum of in-between implementations that would satisfy a lot of folks.

>

> GW2 trying exactly that. The Reason I didn't added the 3rd Option of "mixed" is because majority would choose that option., becasue it is not an option at all. Forcing to choose can get you more results, albait lacking the crucial Grey-Areas I admit.

Yes but extremes are rarely good and if you want proof you can see anet's track record in various aspects of gw2.

If they were to take and only focus on one or the other option the game would suffer.

Op you paint exclusiveness in a very biased maner. Something to be exclusive doesnt nacesarily need to be time limited. Having exclusive rewards for diff parts of the game does wonders as well.

But a mix between time limited, mode exclusive and non exclusive rewards is the way it should be anyways.

As long as the "Celebration Cap" remains exclusive, let the latecomers have everything else. The cap shouldn't ever be repeated because the game can only launch once :) and yes YOU HAD TO BE THERE. And it was there for a week or so (regardless of excuse why you weren't) so anyone around then could've gotten it. If you lost yours along the way submit a ticket and ANET replaces it quickly.

First off, I generally see non exclusive rewards as generic junk rewards. And exclusive as you need to do something specific.

Like the olmahkahn bow order caladbolg are exclusive. And elonian rare weapons are not exclusive.

As such rxclusive is what I prefer, it just gives more meaning to the reward, it has a place and specific task as part of the rewards story. And it meand that certain weapons can have their own story attached to it rather than just being yet another skin.

I guess in total I would like more of a mix, Where on exclusive sets would still be more disstinctly regional rather than purely non exclusive. But this is just polarising poll of exclusive or non-exclusive only. Seems like this is more to fire up a controversy by not having common sense poll options rather than these two purist ones.

I like it as is, although there could be more stuff tied to playtime and achievements (looking at you glider and mount skins!!!!). Characters and their appearance should be able to tell a story through armor and weapon skins. I like seeing a huge crowd and be able to tell who did WvW, PvP, fractals, raids, HoT metas, PoF metas, world bosses... A lot of people state they want everything unlockable from every playstyle but I dont think even half of them think about how much diversity would be lost that way.

I'm not a fan of timegated rewards. I believe everyone should have a chance at getting the rewards no matter when they are active and when they are taking a break from the game. (The sole exception being the GW2 cap and T-Shirt)

That said I do want rewards to be exclusive to certain content. Raid armor for example should only be attainable via raids and mistforged armour should only be attainable via WvW. Rewards that aren't tied to specific content just feel like generic vendor scrap.

> @"Revilrad.1962" said:

> Thank you all for your inputs, as I said before I didn't wanted to offend anyone or be "passive-aggresive". I will take your Input in considiration and maybe make another poll in the future with the 3rd "option". Results of this one is enough for now.

Aka these skewed options/results work in OP’s favor.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Revilrad.1962" said:

> > Thank you all for your inputs, as I said before I didn't wanted to offend anyone or be "passive-aggresive". I will take your Input in considiration and maybe make another poll in the future with the 3rd "option". Results of this one is enough for now.

>

> Aka these skewed options/results work in OP’s favor.

Yes I will now go to my Office a.k.a ANET and order all my slaves to implement my biased opinion which I got from my biased Poll.