LS4 -- Asurans? + Review

Animism.7530

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> And charr tanks are not necessarily slow. There is the buggy that is pretty fast for example.

Maybe, maybe not. If memory serves, the fastest we ever see those move, in Orr and in the Blackout norn storyline, is at a light jog- comparable to a golem. We do know that they have a racing model, and that at least should move faster, but we don't know if it's meant for combat.

> Those 'rapid fire barrages' - good thing the human armies at least have eles to block those. So no luck there. And then we have the pretty fast moving clockwork watchknights.

That works both ways, though- plenty of golems out there who can put up shield or healing bubbles, and they can maintain them longer than most eles, too. The clockworks are almost certainly superior to the average golem, but the question there is if they can be mass-produced the way asura golems can.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

>

> > And charr tanks are not necessarily slow. There is the buggy that is pretty fast for example.

> Maybe, maybe not. If memory serves, the fastest we ever see those move, in Orr and in the Blackout norn storyline, is at a light jog- comparable to a golem. We do know that they have a racing model, and that at least should move faster, but we don't know if it's meant for combat.

>

> > Those 'rapid fire barrages' - good thing the human armies at least have eles to block those. So no luck there. And then we have the pretty fast moving clockwork watchknights.

> That works both ways, though- plenty of golems out there who can put up shield or healing bubbles, and they can maintain them longer than most eles, too. The clockworks are almost certainly superior to the average golem, but the question there is if they can be mass-produced the way asura golems can.

I think average golem is the keyword there too, I don't think any number of watchworks would stand up to the experimental inquest golem we see in episode two of season four- it took exploiting a very specific weakness and Olmakhan magic which is above the scope of the knights.. and that was a flawed prototype. There's also the golem suit used in the Orr campaign which is able to take on a small army in its own right. Golems have less moving parts too while watch works in comparison can be seen as over-engineered. Like comparing Russian WW2 tanks to German ones.

>

> > And charr tanks are not necessarily slow. There is the buggy that is pretty fast for example.

> Maybe, maybe not. If memory serves, the fastest we ever see those move, in Orr and in the Blackout norn storyline, is at a light jog- comparable to a golem. We do know that they have a racing model, and that at least should move faster, but we don't know if it's meant for combat.

you never played wvw, I guess?

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> >

> > > And charr tanks are not necessarily slow. There is the buggy that is pretty fast for example.

> > Maybe, maybe not. If memory serves, the fastest we ever see those move, in Orr and in the Blackout norn storyline, is at a light jog- comparable to a golem. We do know that they have a racing model, and that at least should move faster, but we don't know if it's meant for combat.

>

> you never played wvw, I guess?

>

Not often! I knew there were mecha devourers in there, but they have buggies now too?

The Peacekeepers have no business being called in to fight in foreign lands. Like the Wolfborn of the Norn they a domestic police/defense force, nor are they there to oversee the morality of what the Inquest are doing out there. The Asura aren’t big on morality-policing their scientists.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> The Peacekeepers have no business being called in to fight in foreign lands. Like the Wolfborn of the Norn they a domestic police/defense force, nor are they there to oversee the morality of what the Inquest are doing out there. The Asura aren’t big on morality-policing their scientists.

Hell, Rata Sum is a freeport, pirates are allowed to dock and leave at their leisure, much like Lion's Arch they aren't big on morality in general.

> > > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > >

> > > > And charr tanks are not necessarily slow. There is the buggy that is pretty fast for example.

> > > Maybe, maybe not. If memory serves, the fastest we ever see those move, in Orr and in the Blackout norn storyline, is at a light jog- comparable to a golem. We do know that they have a racing model, and that at least should move faster, but we don't know if it's meant for combat.

> >

> > you never played wvw, I guess?

> >

>

> Not often! I knew there were mecha devourers in there, but they have buggies now too?

they have

Inquest is very huge, if we take in account all the Inquest members we have seen since the beginning of our personal story, they can represent more than the half of the asuran society, they are tolerated by peacemakers but their experiments can create many doubts. Arcane council will do anything since they are bringing more knowledge for the society, no matter how they obtain it. I met an whisper agent in disguise at Rata Sum at the harbor telling that Inquest is preparing something huge... They were everywhere since the beginning; Aetherblades? was them, reinforcing scarlet's troops, Elder dragons? Yup, again, experimenting on kralkatorrik and zaïtan: Crucible of Eternity and test bed zeleph. (Sandswept isles too now) Strange they haven't put more research into mordremoth.. Also still experimenting on magics: Kudu and her daughter Kuda. Unknown mother would like to learn about her. Scarlet? Was an apprentice of the Inquest "Special Consultant". The inquest is the origin of Thaumanova failure, breachmaker and the awakening of mordremoth. (eventually the breakout of scarab plague too since they discovered it?)

What about now? We have surely a ton of Aetherblades wandering around, the Inquest working on kralkatorrik abilities like hive mind (cf comm center at sandswept) and reawakening (necrobrand lab also in sandswept), the story repeat herself, in the past they learned how to control risen, now it will be branded. This organization is too versatile that she can feet in any story plot: Dragons, Magic or simply a "coup d'état". They were there in Episode 1, Episode 2 and now Episode 3 of Season 4, why not in the fourth episode? Will not be a surprise for me, they have bases everywhere!!

The fact they haven't attacked yet is because of joko. They were developing several gate hubs (farahnur and rata primus) to surely launch a large scale invasion, but they "failed" due to awakened destroying their research and putting their awful tar everywhere.

For the Episode 3: Don't see from where came all these asuras... I expected way more from krewe leader drazz like bringing giant battle suits... and where were all the awakened inquest? Are they dumber when dead? They could have created golems too and the front will me a giant firework made of golems fighting.... anyway....

ah exterminator and suppressor marks golems.... so sad we saw them only during one story step in episode 2. What shock me is all the good golems types met in Crucible of eternity aren't there whereas they are older so could have been upgraded: Elite mark P ,K ,J, XXX juggernaut and so on... (Ballista and phalanx are great btw)

> @"hugo.4705" said:

>Strange they haven't put more research into mordremoth..

It would seem that [they were more interested in Rata Novus, but ran afoul of the chak.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_ley-line_collectors_to_gather_energy_for_the_Rata_Novus_device) They did manage to have some sort of presence in that corner of the world, though.

> What about now? We have surely a ton of Aetherblades wandering around,

For what it's worth, it seems like the Inquest backed out of that partnership sometime between Sky Pirates of Tyria and Twilight Assault. They were essentially tech support for the Aetherblades, but the next time we storm an Aetherblade base, there's no sign of them.

> The fact they haven't attacked yet is because of joko. They were developing several gate hubs (farahnur and rata primus) to surely launch a large scale invasion, but they "failed" due to awakened destroying their research and putting their awful tar everywhere.

Nah. Invasion isn't the Inquest's style. They might be happy to subvert existing power structures if it gets them more opportunities, but on the whole, they seem to pretty much ignore politics. What's the point in ruling a country when you could instead seize control over the inner workings of reality, right?

> and where were all the awakened inquest?

Have you played through the map's meta yet? The whole thing is Awakened Inquest, and they've built some pretty respectable cannons, plus the entire plague laboratory which Joko was using to try to get the moast lethal strain possible. That's probably why we don't see more golems- he had them working on something more important.

Just about the last point: they are only in the map, and not in the story instance / gandara herself. This "lab" is only one small street with some test-tubes and lab tables. Maybe you are right and they were focused on the plague and so haven't thought about the defense, but that's not their style, remember CoEternity, golems, lasers array, decontamination protocol and breach detector, so here I assume they are dumber when dead or Joko himself haven't planned any defenses too... For me this is only a lack in the development of the meta like if this episode came before he should: Unfinished gandara, unfinished meta. The last boss is obviously not a final meta boss. Their cannons are only pact lightning cannons, no enhancements. Only three little labs in dajibi hollows. Within gandara and the last story step you have 0 Inquest.

Apart that, thanks for your opinion on others points was very interesting ^^ About rata novus, they love researching about ley-line energy so that's why they are there I think.

> @"Loesh.4697" said:

> I'll believe Asura are the strongest magic users when one mind reads a dragon, until then the best Sorcerers are still firmly in the human camp.

>

> Golems are neat though, so they got that.

Snaff did a pretty good job of getting into Kralky's mind.

To be fair, though, he _did_ get noticed and killed for his trouble, and he couldn't do it until a specialized yoke had been placed on the dragon and at least fifteen powerstones had been implanted/injected into him. Jennah and Anise got a peek without tipping Kralkatorrik off, and they did it at the drop of a hat.

On the other hand, Snaff also assumed direct control of a number of the Branded. In my book, that's more impressive than glimpsing into minds.