Speculation on Future

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > > > When I say turning their attention towards a new game, that's my feeling after reading so many lore articles and posts, the game just seems to go nowhere at this point - the gods have departed, dragons are no longer an option of killing, Bubbles is asleep and should stay like this - I hope we don't get an UW expac- the mechanics would be horrible, the sea is just not a good place to explore, its a nightmare for the devs and for the players, unless we go to somewhere completely new(Bubbles can breath above water and will move to land).

> > >

> > > We still have to deal with Kralkatorik. That can open up many options

> >

> > I guess we'll just have to wait and see, although I can see Aurene taking in a good chuck of that energy from Kralk after we will put him to sleep and that should conclude something... maybe waking something else up again smh

>

> Won't "conclude" anything. We can't kill the Elder Dragons so we must find something -else- in order to defeat them without killing them. Maybe Aurene will take Kralkatorik's place as the crystal elder dragon. Then we'll have to find ways to defeat the last remaining active Dragon (Bubbles is all that's left), defeat/replace him too. Then we'll need to go back and do something about the dragons we sent to sleep (Jormag/Primordus) and of course at some point we might need to replace Zhaitan and Mordremoth as well, to keep things balanced. There is lots of story about the Dragons still to be had, that wouldn't fit in LS4, and it the mean time we might get another "Balthazar" to shake things up, like how we got Joko. Story-wise we aren't anywhere near the end.

I really hope they will conclude it some how in one expac, because I really don't want to go through that, it would be a huge let down.

I just want to move on from this elder dragon chore and do something new and fresh, maybe delve into the eternal alchemy for real and not just trying to fix it without understanding anything, maybe dive a bit into a new "Tyria"(new world) or handle a breach in the mists etc... just to freshen up the lore and maybe create better story opportunities.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > > > > When I say turning their attention towards a new game, that's my feeling after reading so many lore articles and posts, the game just seems to go nowhere at this point - the gods have departed, dragons are no longer an option of killing, Bubbles is asleep and should stay like this - I hope we don't get an UW expac- the mechanics would be horrible, the sea is just not a good place to explore, its a nightmare for the devs and for the players, unless we go to somewhere completely new(Bubbles can breath above water and will move to land).

> > > >

> > > > We still have to deal with Kralkatorik. That can open up many options

> > >

> > > I guess we'll just have to wait and see, although I can see Aurene taking in a good chuck of that energy from Kralk after we will put him to sleep and that should conclude something... maybe waking something else up again smh

> >

> > Won't "conclude" anything. We can't kill the Elder Dragons so we must find something -else- in order to defeat them without killing them. Maybe Aurene will take Kralkatorik's place as the crystal elder dragon. Then we'll have to find ways to defeat the last remaining active Dragon (Bubbles is all that's left), defeat/replace him too. Then we'll need to go back and do something about the dragons we sent to sleep (Jormag/Primordus) and of course at some point we might need to replace Zhaitan and Mordremoth as well, to keep things balanced. There is lots of story about the Dragons still to be had, that wouldn't fit in LS4, and it the mean time we might get another "Balthazar" to shake things up, like how we got Joko. Story-wise we aren't anywhere near the end.

>

> I really hope they will conclude it some how in one expac, because I really don't want to go through that, it would be a huge let down.

> I just want to move on from this elder dragon chore and do something new and fresh, maybe delve into the eternal alchemy for real and not just trying to fix it without understanding anything, maybe dive a bit into a new "Tyria"(new world) or handle a breach in the mists etc... just to freshen up the lore and maybe create better story opportunities.

We haven't even seen a third of this tyria and you already want to abandon it?

> @"Nopesarenotforme.5190" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > They are players, just like us. Some are great at certain modes; some are not. I'm sure being an artist at a game studio doesn't magically give you gaming skills; same for Community, backend engineers, writers, etc., etc.

>

> You should be a good player if you're a part of it's development imo, thats kind of ironic actually

>

>

that is complete nonsense, pretty much like saying a good doctor has to be ill.

I really don't think IF they are planning a new game that it will be Guildwars based, Or at least a GW3. I love Tyria sure but the idea of seeing it another 250 years on isn't grabbing me, I still wish they had kept some areas looking as close to the original as possible as it is.

But as it goes the season 4 at the moment is very lack luster, Just finished the Joko story and I'm still wondering what the cannon firing bit had to do with anyth ing, roller Beetle is ok but wish they had put other areas to be able to smash up around the world, not just the one map.

Was so sad about kourna that I went on my dervish and had a bash in the old area in GW. The feels.

I know positivity is often pushed back upon as fanboying. But... I have no idea what the heck you guys are talking about. GW 2 is in its prime. The 2018 game is much more sophisticated an experience then the 2012 game. I look forward to seeing where the game takes us in the future.