Item right click or ctrl+click (or in other ways) go to wiki page(outside).

> @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> is the right click dangerous for "use" or "Deposit item" or "Mail item to" or others ?

> They are dangerous in this case.

>

> I don't think you will have problems. My goal is that it is user friendly.

> Anyway we continue to use "/ wiki".

Those other options do not forcefully minimize your game and open your browser window.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> > is the right click dangerous for "use" or "Deposit item" or "Mail item to" or others ?

> > They are dangerous in this case.

> >

> > I don't think you will have problems. My goal is that it is user friendly.

> > Anyway we continue to use "/ wiki".

>

> Those other options do not forcefully minimize your game and open your browser window.

You say right, right click is unnecessary!!!

The ticket can be closed.

> is the right click dangerous for "use" or "Deposit item" or "Mail item to" or others ?

> They are dangerous in this case.

>

> I don't think you will have problems. My goal is that it is user friendly.

> Anyway we continue to use "/ wiki".

I'm known for accidentally kicking members out of guild by mis-clicking in the context menu (including my alt account kicking my main account) several times. Believe me, I will have a problem if there is yet another context menu entry, especially one that automatically minimizes my game and opens a browser (a serious problem on the potato that pretends to be my computer).

> C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> To access information;

> 1) enter

> 2)write \wiki

> 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

> whereas item on right click goto wiki page.

> Which is more useful?

I completely agree. We already have an ingame browser, the trading post. Why not let us check the wiki from inside the game as well?

For those who complain about missclicks, give an option to hide it from the menu. Bag sorting is far worse, and it's still there, with no option to remove it.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> > To access information;

> > 1) enter

> > 2)write \wiki

> > 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

> > whereas item on right click goto wiki page.

> > Which is more useful?

>

> I completely agree. We already have an ingame browser, the trading post. Why not let us check the wiki from inside the game as well?

>

> For those who complain about missclicks, give an option to hide it from the menu. Bag sorting is far worse, and it's still there, with no option to remove it.

But you can already do that by typing /wiki and shift-clicking the item in question (or type its name if you don't have the item available to click). Why build in something that has such a huge potential to accidentally disrupt people's game (and no, I don't open the trading post either unless I'm someplace where it's safe to risk my game freezing for several seconds)?

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> > > C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> > > To access information;

> > > 1) enter

> > > 2)write \wiki

> > > 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

> > > whereas item on right click goto wiki page.

> > > Which is more useful?

> >

> > I completely agree. We already have an ingame browser, the trading post. Why not let us check the wiki from inside the game as well?

> >

> > For those who complain about missclicks, give an option to hide it from the menu. Bag sorting is far worse, and it's still there, with no option to remove it.

> But you can already do that by typing /wiki and shift-clicking the item in question (or type its name if you don't have the item available to click). Why build in something that has such a huge potential to accidentally disrupt people's game (and no, I don't open the trading post either unless I'm someplace where it's safe to risk my game freezing for several seconds)?

Applying your logic, why not remove the sort inventory option, and make it a chat command instead, like /sort?

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > > @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> > > > C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> > > > To access information;

> > > > 1) enter

> > > > 2)write \wiki

> > > > 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

> > > > whereas item on right click goto wiki page.

> > > > Which is more useful?

> > >

> > > I completely agree. We already have an ingame browser, the trading post. Why not let us check the wiki from inside the game as well?

> > >

> > > For those who complain about missclicks, give an option to hide it from the menu. Bag sorting is far worse, and it's still there, with no option to remove it.

> > But you can already do that by typing /wiki and shift-clicking the item in question (or type its name if you don't have the item available to click). Why build in something that has such a huge potential to accidentally disrupt people's game (and no, I don't open the trading post either unless I'm someplace where it's safe to risk my game freezing for several seconds)?

>

> Applying your logic, why not remove the sort inventory option, and make it a chat command instead, like /sort?

Actually I'd love that as I have accidentally sorted/compacted my inventory a few times ;) . ANet did already put in resources to help players avoid accidentally compacting their inventory (which helped a good bit). There is a check box in the [user interface section of the options menu](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#User_Interface "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#User_Interface") that was added after players kept complaining about accidentally misclicking the option in the context menu.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > > > @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> > > > > C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> > > > > To access information;

> > > > > 1) enter

> > > > > 2)write \wiki

> > > > > 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

> > > > > whereas item on right click goto wiki page.

> > > > > Which is more useful?

> > > >

> > > > I completely agree. We already have an ingame browser, the trading post. Why not let us check the wiki from inside the game as well?

> > > >

> > > > For those who complain about missclicks, give an option to hide it from the menu. Bag sorting is far worse, and it's still there, with no option to remove it.

> > > But you can already do that by typing /wiki and shift-clicking the item in question (or type its name if you don't have the item available to click). Why build in something that has such a huge potential to accidentally disrupt people's game (and no, I don't open the trading post either unless I'm someplace where it's safe to risk my game freezing for several seconds)?

> >

> > Applying your logic, why not remove the sort inventory option, and make it a chat command instead, like /sort?

> Actually I'd love that as I have accidentally sorted/compacted my inventory a few times ;) . ANet did already put in resources to help players avoid accidentally compacting their inventory (which helped a good bit). There is a check box in the [user interface section of the options menu](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#User_Interface "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#User_Interface") that was added after players kept complaining about accidentally misclicking the option in the context menu.

Well, you answered yourself. Do the same for the new wiki option.

Even more, I would go further, and let us remove those options from the menu altogether, instead of just moving them to the bottom.

> C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> To access information;

> 1) enter

> 2)write \wiki

> 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

Three easy steps to do.

Or do you complain about "go to bag and press"? Because you still have to do it with your suggestion.

1.) go to bag

b.) right click the item you need

III.) click "go to wiki"

3,5.) ragequit the game a bunch of times, because you clicked "go to wiki" while using your salvage-o-mat.

3,55.) Getting annoyed every now and then, because you can use this only for items and still have to use /wiki for skills, traits, pois etc. Means you have a distribution of use for the same result.

> @"Karaha.3290" said:

> > C'mon guys, why the user manual of the game is outside?

> > To access information;

> > 1) enter

> > 2)write \wiki

> > 3) go to bag and press shift + click item then again enter!

>

> Three easy steps to do.

> Or do you complain about "go to bag and press"? Because you still have to do it with your suggestion.

>

> 1.) go to bag

> b.) right click the item you need

> III.) click "go to wiki"

> 3,5.) ragequit the game a bunch of times, because you clicked "go to wiki" while using your salvage-o-mat.

> 3,55.) Getting annoyed every now and then, because you can use this only for items and still have to use /wiki for skills, traits, pois etc. Means you have a distribution of use for the same result.

So how about "ctrl + click" or "ctrl + dbclick" or dbrightclick" or....?

"ctrl + click" then go to browser, this is appropriate?

There are thousands of items in the game and there is no information about them. Every day, so many times I have to go to these pages.

My goal is to reach the wiki faster and easier.

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> Next one wants rightclick on a PvP Champion to the wiki page.

> Next one wants rightclick on any skill available to the wiki page.

> Next one wants rightclick on any TP/Gemshop entry to the wiki page.

Actually... that'd be pretty damn cool.

Though for consistency with known interface elements, have a ?-button in the top bar, and if you click that your cursor turns into a ?, then hovering over things such as elements of the UI, enemies, items, etc gives a popup if they're known, and if you then click you get redirected to the wiki page?

> > @"Gandrogh.1530" said:

> > Put yourself in a dev's mind : building a new ui feature or just let /wiki command which already do is job

>

> You right, but this is game for gamers, not dev's.

> Put yourself in a UX's mind.

I did. It seemed much worse than the way it is now because of potential misclicking.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > @"Gandrogh.1530" said:

> > > Put yourself in a dev's mind : building a new ui feature or just let /wiki command which already do is job

> >

> > You right, but this is game for gamers, not dev's.

> > Put yourself in a UX's mind.

>

> I did. It seemed much worse than the way it is now because of potential misclicking.

So how about "ctrl + click" or "ctrl + dbclick" or dbrightclick" or....?

"ctrl + click" then go to browser, this is appropriate?

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"Gandrogh.1530" said:

> > > > Put yourself in a dev's mind : building a new ui feature or just let /wiki command which already do is job

> > >

> > > You right, but this is game for gamers, not dev's.

> > > Put yourself in a UX's mind.

> >

> > I did. It seemed much worse than the way it is now because of potential misclicking.

>

> So how about "ctrl + click" or "ctrl + dbclick" or dbrightclick" or....?

> "ctrl + click" then go to browser, this is appropriate?

Ctrl+click currently quick-sends the item's name in the chat.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> > > > > @"Gandrogh.1530" said:

> > > > > Put yourself in a dev's mind : building a new ui feature or just let /wiki command which already do is job

> > > >

> > > > You right, but this is game for gamers, not dev's.

> > > > Put yourself in a UX's mind.

> > >

> > > I did. It seemed much worse than the way it is now because of potential misclicking.

> >

> > So how about "ctrl + click" or "ctrl + dbclick" or dbrightclick" or....?

> > "ctrl + click" then go to browser, this is appropriate?

>

> Ctrl+click currently quick-sends the item's name in the chat.

C'mon, you know what I mean.

I'm talking about a faster shortcut.

> > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > > > > @"FatalEagle.9286" said:

> > > > > > @"Gandrogh.1530" said:

> > > > > > Put yourself in a dev's mind : building a new ui feature or just let /wiki command which already do is job

> > > > >

> > > > > You right, but this is game for gamers, not dev's.

> > > > > Put yourself in a UX's mind.

> > > >

> > > > I did. It seemed much worse than the way it is now because of potential misclicking.

> > >

> > > So how about "ctrl + click" or "ctrl + dbclick" or dbrightclick" or....?

> > > "ctrl + click" then go to browser, this is appropriate?

> >

> > Ctrl+click currently quick-sends the item's name in the chat.

>

> C'mon, you know what I mean.

> I'm talking about a faster shortcut.

Well, as long as its presence is optional, it would be cool. In that sense key shortcuts might work better than persistent UI elements.