Season 4 Episode 4 Release Date?

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> I would think Sept/Oct time frame. Don't forget, that is also about the time they would be announcing the next expansion (like in previous ones). So, I imagine they will be late in the release of info, but when they do it will include at least a name for the expansion.

They dont announce an expansion until the end of a season to not spoil the living story as a whole. Ofcourse soon they should and probably will answer on Q&As that they are working on an expansion and the teamsize, just like we got sometime during season 3 for PoF.

I do wonder tho, if they want to work more, less or pretty much the same amount of time on the next expansion as they did with PoF. Because if so, we’d likely see the next expansion released in march/april 2019 (thats 18 or 19 months of development) and PoF took 18 months.

It’d be quite interesting cause then we actually could see a expansion released almost every year from now on, and that looks like a bright future.

I dont think they’d need to develop heavy new features either, at some point they have to just be happy with current systems and just put out steady and more content then before, but within the same timeframe.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> With that in mind, two narrative writers no longer work for Anet since the last episode was released. So maybe that will have an impact or cause a delay as well. I kind of doubt that though as I am guessing the story itself was written a long time ago.

The story team does far more than just write the script. Peter Fries, one of the devs that were fired, for example, wrote much of the ambient dialogue in Kourna, and he was also involved in the map design to a small but important degree.

That said, I'll be very pleasantly surprised if S4E4 comes out before October. Not likely though.

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > I would think Sept/Oct time frame. Don't forget, that is also about the time they would be announcing the next expansion (like in previous ones). So, I imagine they will be late in the release of info, but when they do it will include at least a name for the expansion.

>

> They dont announce an expansion until the end of a season to not spoil the living story as a whole. Ofcourse soon they should and probably will answer on Q&As that they are working on an expansion and the teamsize, just like we got sometime during season 3 for PoF.

>

> I do wonder tho, if they want to work more, less or pretty much the same amount of time on the next expansion as they did with PoF. Because if so, we’d likely see the next expansion released in march/april 2019 (thats 18 or 19 months of development) and PoF took 18 months.

>

> It’d be quite interesting cause then we actually could see a expansion released almost every year from now on, and that looks like a bright future.

>

> I dont think they’d need to develop heavy new features either, at some point they have to just be happy with current systems and just put out steady and more content then before, but within the same timeframe.

The first leak for PoF was spot on, there wasn't anything in the leak that wasn't true. So, that leak said that they had already programmed customizable home instances but decided to hold it for a future expansion, so I think we can "safely" assume that will be one feature from the next expansion.

I was thinking the same thing with regards to a launch time frame for the next expac, or maybe closeer to (or on) the anniversary, which would give them a few more months. Personally, I'm still hoping since they keep adding content that requires the trinity they will just go all in, rework a bunch of things and add actual tanking and single target healing.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > I would think Sept/Oct time frame. Don't forget, that is also about the time they would be announcing the next expansion (like in previous ones). So, I imagine they will be late in the release of info, but when they do it will include at least a name for the expansion.

> >

> > They dont announce an expansion until the end of a season to not spoil the living story as a whole. Ofcourse soon they should and probably will answer on Q&As that they are working on an expansion and the teamsize, just like we got sometime during season 3 for PoF.

> >

> > I do wonder tho, if they want to work more, less or pretty much the same amount of time on the next expansion as they did with PoF. Because if so, we’d likely see the next expansion released in march/april 2019 (thats 18 or 19 months of development) and PoF took 18 months.

> >

> > It’d be quite interesting cause then we actually could see a expansion released almost every year from now on, and that looks like a bright future.

> >

> > I dont think they’d need to develop heavy new features either, at some point they have to just be happy with current systems and just put out steady and more content then before, but within the same timeframe.

>

> The first leak for PoF was spot on, there wasn't anything in the leak that wasn't true. So, that leak said that they had already programmed customizable home instances but decided to hold it for a future expansion, so I think we can "safely" assume that will be one feature from the next expansion.

> I was thinking the same thing with regards to a launch time frame for the next expac, or maybe closeer to (or on) the anniversary, which would give them a few more months. Personally, I'm still hoping since they keep adding content that requires the trinity they will just go all in, rework a bunch of things and add actual tanking and single target healing.

I sure hope you are right! I love Guild Hall stuff and if I could do that in my home but having it be alot cheaper and maybe add some unique things to it, like a way to show off armors, weapons and other stuff, it would give me so much content!!

So far season 4 is more like

ep comes out, 2-3 weeks later festival, about 3 months since ep release till next ep

every single time

if they keep up their 3 month bs

they will be right in time with ep release

2-3 weeks

before halloween

that's their new timeframe

ep followed by festival in 2-3 weeks give or take

i'm calling it now

ep 4 will be mid to late september

followed by halloween

ep 5 somewhere in early december

followed by wintersday

tin foil hat theory time

season 4 will have 7 episodes

ep 6 in march 2019

followed by sab

ep 7 in june

followed by our brand new content of four winds

few months till expansion 3

that's my season 4 prediction, raid 7 will probably be part of ep7

which will fit into their 8-10 months give or take, per raid release timeframe

which would fit into a release pattern of

RAID > NO RAID > NO RAID > RAID > NO RAID > NO RAID > RAID

3 legendaries left to release, 1 per episode, full set complete on ep 6, and final episode will be some next legendary trinket made from repeating all the season 4 stuff, just like the aurora

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> I really want to know what will happen writing-wise taking into account YOUKNOWWHO is no longer with them and she was one of the people involved with the Commander's writing.

As much as i hate to say this: if youknowho was behind the line in the shining blade instance where my Charr called out "SO MUCH DEATH" then hopefully it goes better, because that line wanted to make me stop doing the story its so horribly out of place.

> @"Cynn.1659" said:

> So far season 4 is more like

> ep comes out, 2-3 weeks later festival, about 3 months since ep release till next ep

> every single time

> if they keep up their 3 month bs

> they will be right in time with ep release

> 2-3 weeks

> before halloween

> that's their new timeframe

> ep followed by festival in 2-3 weeks give or take

> i'm calling it now

> ep 4 will be mid to late september

> followed by halloween

> ep 5 somewhere in early december

> followed by wintersday

>

> tin foil hat theory time

> season 4 will have 7 episodes

> ep 6 in march 2019

> followed by sab

> ep 7 in june

> followed by our brand new content of four winds

> few months till expansion 3

> that's my season 4 prediction, raid 7 will probably be part of ep7

> which will fit into their 8-10 months give or take, per raid release timeframe

> which would fit into a release pattern of

> RAID > NO RAID > NO RAID > RAID > NO RAID > NO RAID > RAID

> 3 legendaries left to release, 1 per episode, full set complete on ep 6, and final episode will be some next legendary trinket made from repeating all the season 4 stuff, just like the aurora

This seems pretty plausible! Not betting against it, at least ;)

> @"Cynn.1659" said:

> So far season 4 is more like

> ep comes out, 2-3 weeks later festival, about 3 months since ep release till next ep

> every single time

> if they keep up their 3 month bs

> they will be right in time with ep release

> 2-3 weeks

> before halloween

> that's their new timeframe

> ep followed by festival in 2-3 weeks give or take

> i'm calling it now

> ep 4 will be mid to late september

> followed by halloween

> ep 5 somewhere in early december

> followed by wintersday

>

> tin foil hat theory time

> season 4 will have 7 episodes

> ep 6 in march 2019

> followed by sab

> ep 7 in june

> followed by our brand new content of four winds

> few months till expansion 3

> that's my season 4 prediction, raid 7 will probably be part of ep7

> which will fit into their 8-10 months give or take, per raid release timeframe

> which would fit into a release pattern of

> RAID > NO RAID > NO RAID > RAID > NO RAID > NO RAID > RAID

> 3 legendaries left to release, 1 per episode, full set complete on ep 6, and final episode will be some next legendary trinket made from repeating all the season 4 stuff, just like the aurora

I’d definitely be pretty happy with that

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > I really want to know what will happen writing-wise taking into account YOUKNOWWHO is no longer with them and she was one of the people involved with the Commander's writing.

>

> As much as i hate to say this: if youknowho was behind the line in the shining blade instance where my Charr called out "SO MUCH DEATH" then hopefully it goes better, because that line wanted to make me stop doing the story its so horribly out of place.

Honestly, i wish they had a talk with whoever is directing the voice actors because he/she has been doing a horrible job for years.

Female Norn speaks emotionless while female Human Speaks. Like. Every. Word. Is. A. Sentence. and she speaks so slowly, as if we were all 4 year olds that have to be spoken slowly to in order to understand the words and, of course, Traeherne who could not emote to save his life.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > I really want to know what will happen writing-wise taking into account YOUKNOWWHO is no longer with them and she was one of the people involved with the Commander's writing.

> >

> > As much as i hate to say this: if youknowho was behind the line in the shining blade instance where my Charr called out "SO MUCH DEATH" then hopefully it goes better, because that line wanted to make me stop doing the story its so horribly out of place.

>

> Honestly, i wish they had a talk with whoever is directing the voice actors because he/she has been doing a horrible job for years.

>

> Female Norn speaks emotionless while female Human Speaks. Like. Every. Word. Is. A. Sentence. and she speaks so slowly, as if we were all 4 year olds that have to be spoken slowly to in order to understand the words and, of course, Traeherne who could not emote to save his life.

at least they redid Traeherne! The rest of us just have to suffer!

• 2 weeks later...

On the other hand...

Releasing something like the episode in this month would not be good while there is a launch of the next expansion for WoW, I think it would be a suicide- in terms of the marketing.

Even I- the core GW2 player- had to buy WoW for that occassion. ;)

This month is reserved for WoW- that is my opinion anyway.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > > I really want to know what will happen writing-wise taking into account YOUKNOWWHO is no longer with them and she was one of the people involved with the Commander's writing.

> > >

> > > As much as i hate to say this: if youknowho was behind the line in the shining blade instance where my Charr called out "SO MUCH DEATH" then hopefully it goes better, because that line wanted to make me stop doing the story its so horribly out of place.

> >

> > Honestly, i wish they had a talk with whoever is directing the voice actors because he/she has been doing a horrible job for years.

> >

> > Female Norn speaks emotionless while female Human Speaks. Like. Every. Word. Is. A. Sentence. and she speaks so slowly, as if we were all 4 year olds that have to be spoken slowly to in order to understand the words and, of course, Traeherne who could not emote to save his life.

>

> at least they redid Traeherne! The rest of us just have to suffer!

Female Norn yeah she sounds dull, but personally I love the human female voice. It doesn't sound slow to my ear, it sounds confident and authoritative, but not too unpleasant or bossy. Most of the other voices are a bit bland.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> On the other hand...

>

> Releasing something like the episode in this month would not be good while there is a launch of the next expansion for WoW, I think it would be a suicide- in terms of the marketing.

>

> Even I- the core GW2 player- had to buy WoW for that occassion. ;)

>

> This month is reserved for WoW- that is my opinion anyway.

What did wow do?

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > On the other hand...

> >

> > Releasing something like the episode in this month would not be good while there is a launch of the next expansion for WoW, I think it would be a suicide- in terms of the marketing.

> >

> > Even I- the core GW2 player- had to buy WoW for that occassion. ;)

> >

> > This month is reserved for WoW- that is my opinion anyway.

>

>

> What did wow do?

Their next expansion comes out on Monday afternoon.