WvW Arrow Cart Nerfing

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > If the enemy is a map queue try to fight it anyways don't use acs that's lame dude.

>

> The same can be said about all the overstacking servers that only fight when they have 50+ and only engage when the enemy has less than 30.

Yeah that's lame too.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > > protection and barrier spam up

> >

> > Sounds like exciting and engaging combat! /sarcasm

> >

> >

>

> Fits perfectly with their current philosophy.

So why would they be opposed to ACs then? Things that make you go hrm...

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > > > protection and barrier spam up

> > >

> > > Sounds like exciting and engaging combat! /sarcasm

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Fits perfectly with their current philosophy.

>

> So why would they be opposed to ACs then? Things that make you go hrm...

Anet is not one that display good design choices at certain time intervals.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

>

>

> here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

>

> siege works. people got to use what's available.

Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

Here is the basic issue with the AC nerf as was suggested by those who did not feel it would solve and of the problems the people who "just want fights" were suggesting it would.

If there are 5 people defending a structure against 50 and arrow carts nerfed by 50 percent (I am just using the numbers as example) then there nothing those 5 can do to increase the damage done by those ACS. They have 50 percent damage less going out.

If there are 10 defenders on 5 ACS defending against 50 and the AC damage out is cut in half then all they need do is build 5 more ACS. The larger the number of defenders the more siege they can man which translates to this makes little difference when 40 people are turtling in a keep and a whole lot of difference when there only 5 in that same keep.

All those 50 who "do not want to fight" will do now is put up more ACS. I am already seeing more ACS thrown up by a defending team as a matter of course.

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > > @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> > > > > protection and barrier spam up

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like exciting and engaging combat! /sarcasm

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Fits perfectly with their current philosophy.

> >

> > So why would they be opposed to ACs then? Things that make you go hrm...

>

> Anet is not one that display good design choices at certain time intervals.

Agreed. Not a good design if the only "results" a group is getting is stacking and spamming protection and barriers while staring at a wall or gate under AC fire after supply is exhausted and no zerg responds for a fight because the zerg is on the ACs. Perhaps that's why these protection and barrier spammers would be opposed to such dull and unimaginative game play?

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> >

> >

> > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> >

> > siege works. people got to use what's available.

>

> Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

not a smart reason not to.

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> > >

> > > siege works. people got to use what's available.

> >

> > Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

>

> not a smart reason not to.

Yes it is. You compromise your potential as a player when you use shortcuts and crutches to win. In the short term you might win the fight but in the long run the players who don't use shortcuts and crutches will be better than you. It's not worth the price.

Just because you can do something to win doesn't mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> > > >

> > > > siege works. people got to use what's available.

> > >

> > > Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

> >

> > not a smart reason not to.

>

> Yes it is. You compromise your potential as a player when you use shortcuts and crutches to win. In the short term you might win the fight but in the long run the players who don't use shortcuts and crutches will be better than you. It's not worth the price.

>

> Just because you can do something to win doesn't mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor.

Thats what everyone in this game does though. The ones that dont rely on crutch dont run meta builds.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> Yes it is. You compromise your potential as a player when you use shortcuts and crutches to win. In the short term you might win the fight but in the long run the players who don't use shortcuts and crutches will be better than you. It's not worth the price.

>

> Just because you can do something to win doesn't mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor.

thats just an excuse blobs use to lure players with less number not to use whats available.

if you check my post and the vid, you will see we fought and fought and fought.

also, as per ac - if you are few, you use it. the other team if they dont smarten up and wipe thats on them.

there is no honor in simply getting your team killed in an unfair situation. only not smart coms.dont think of a way

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> > > > >

> > > > > siege works. people got to use what's available.

> > > >

> > > > Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

> > >

> > > not a smart reason not to.

> >

> > Yes it is. You compromise your potential as a player when you use shortcuts and crutches to win. In the short term you might win the fight but in the long run the players who don't use shortcuts and crutches will be better than you. It's not worth the price.

> >

> > Just because you can do something to win doesn't mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor.

>

> Thats what everyone in this game does though. The ones that dont rely on crutch dont run meta builds.

he replied with the wrong idea in mind. i ask you.

you have 7 guys, there's a blob outside. do you do the supposedly honorable thing and jump 50 players?

would be fun. but, you die. or disable, repair walls, delay them as possible until back up comes?

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > siege works. people got to use what's available.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

> > > >

> > > > not a smart reason not to.

> > >

> > > Yes it is. You compromise your potential as a player when you use shortcuts and crutches to win. In the short term you might win the fight but in the long run the players who don't use shortcuts and crutches will be better than you. It's not worth the price.

> > >

> > > Just because you can do something to win doesn't mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor.

> >

> > Thats what everyone in this game does though. The ones that dont rely on crutch dont run meta builds.

>

> he replied with the wrong idea in mind. i ask you.

>

> you have 7 guys, there's a blob outside. do you do the supposedly honorable thing and jump 50 players?

>

> would be fun. but, you die. or disable, repair walls, delay them as possible until back up comes?

>

>

I only do this when the fort is doomed anyways and try to take out as much as possible. Usually none with me going 100-0 instantly. But thats cause the arrow carts werent doing much of anything to really put in the effort of defending the base with a low amount of players =/

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > here's like a sample raid of what we do. it's 2x speed and 4 panels. it will not show a smooth gameplay but it's fun. in the end, the thing that wiped our team was that guy on the tower hitting us with ac. in a way if he did not do it, we'd be farming all day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > siege works. people got to use what's available.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just because you can do some thing doesn't mean you should

> > > >

> > > > not a smart reason not to.

> > >

> > > Yes it is. You compromise your potential as a player when you use shortcuts and crutches to win. In the short term you might win the fight but in the long run the players who don't use shortcuts and crutches will be better than you. It's not worth the price.

> > >

> > > Just because you can do something to win doesn't mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor.

> >

> > Thats what everyone in this game does though. The ones that dont rely on crutch dont run meta builds.

>

> he replied with the wrong idea in mind. i ask you.

>

> you have 7 guys, there's a blob outside. do you do the supposedly honorable thing and jump 50 players?

>

> would be fun. but, you die. or disable, repair walls, delay them as possible until back up comes?

>

>

Yes I don't build acs or play with people who will build acs that's the coward's path.

> i have not seen any group from eu to na not use ac. you must be the .00001 percent. and you calling all of this group taking, according to you, the cowards path.

>

> not smart.

I am the .00001 percent then. What you're advocating isn't smart if the goal is to actually be good at the game.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > i have not seen any group from eu to na not use ac. you must be the .00001 percent. and you calling all of this group taking, according to you, the cowards path.

> >

> > not smart.

>

> I am the .00001 percent then. What you're advocating isn't smart if the goal is to actually be good at the game.

my advocay of players learning to play the game mechanics, which include knowing when to fight, not to fight, siege, not to siege, which can be summed up as get good at the game not smart?

now i see the problem. you do not read what i write. you imagine a certain Sov doing something you imagine and instead of addressing the things i post, you respond based on that idea.

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > i have not seen any group from eu to na not use ac. you must be the .00001 percent. and you calling all of this group taking, according to you, the cowards path.

> > >

> > > not smart.

> >

> > I am the .00001 percent then. What you're advocating isn't smart if the goal is to actually be good at the game.

>

> my advocay of players learning to play the game mechanics, which include knowing when to fight, not to fight, siege, not to siege, which can be summed up as get good at the game not smart?

>

> now i see the problem. you do not read what i write. you imagine a certain Sov doing something you imagine and instead of addressing the things i post, you respond based on that idea.

>

It depends on your goal as a player and more generally as a guild. If the goal is just to win and/or defend objectives by any means necessary and you don't care about actually trying to improve as a player or as a guild then sure use siege run from fights whatever. But if your goal is to actually be an excellent player/guild then always try the fight legit even if you know the odds are terrible and never ever build or use siege. It's a tough road but the coward's path leads only to mediocrity. If you're willing to accept mediocrity then do whatever but understand the price you're paying.

i think thats a story you tell your opponents so they will come out and fight at your own terms.

a nice bait for the novice player. a smart com would be calm and think and use his own plan to counter yours. he would either fight if it suits the group, siege, or bail. in short, if you have a lead a troop in service, you would know.

i can respect the idea though. but to call those who do something else as coward is cowardice

> i think thats a story you tell your opponents so they will come out and fight at your own terms.

>

> a nice bait for the novice player. a smart com would be calm and think and use his own plan to counter yours. he would either fight if it suits the group, siege, or bail. in short, if you have a lead a troop in service, you would know.

>

> i can respect the idea though. but to call those who do something else as coward is cowardice

>

Lol ok whatever you need to tell yourself.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

Lol this is just dumb. So I take it you don’t use armor as thats a crutch in order for you to survive longer thus dappening your reactionary skills. You only try to take captures solo because let’s face it: having allies is a crutch because it doesn’t test your potential as a player when you have 49 other squadmates that help with the killing and the healing. You NEVER attack anyone unless it’s Xv1 because you outnumbering the target isn’t a challenge for you and thus inhibits your potential as a player. And you never use a meta build, as its the most effective tactical build and thus the easiest route available and again, prohibits your game playing skills.

So ignore all those tools available to you.

Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. Win legit or lose with honor (in a video game lul)