• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > Maybe I missed it but where was that arena marketed specifically for GvG?

> > > >

> > > > Why else would you bother building another arena in eotm? for roamers? for blobs where one full bomb from both sides and everyone is dead in the area?

> > > > No one plays eotm these days, it's obviously something for guilds to bother with.

> > >

> > > For people or groups to fight? Not everything in WvW needs to be guild based.

> >

> > Oh right, and how many times do non guild groups go off wvw maps to fight each other? like never.

> > How many times have small groups or roamers have come in here requesting an arena? like never.

>

> Again, not everything in WvW needs to be guild based. They stated that they currently have no intention to support GvG as a game mode. I guarantee you that there will likely not an arena size that could be reasonable made that would appeal to everyone. People even complained about the OS one.

>

> > There's more than enough places for groups to fight including the whole of eotm, and yet no one is in there right now (regardless of pips). Guilds want a decent sized wvw arena so they can go there to fight without being interrupted by random newbs or the environment. I didn't think it was that hard to make enough space for 20v20 at least, they made a brand new area for this not using an existing one, more than enough space for them to build around, but still make the same mistake 3 times, wait make that 4 times, 3 guildhalls and now eotm arena.

>

> What’s this have to do with the arena? If there’s nobody in EotM then what’s stopping guilds from finding an area on the map and doing GvG? How would an arena change anything? I remember Anet creating a large Arena for OS and look how neglected it has been.

>

> > Besides of which the answer was popped up in regards to a request for a 15v15 arena, which was stated would be suitable for large groups.

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45470/could-there-ever-be-a-chance-of-15vs15-arena/p1

> >

>

> For large fights; not large groups fighting each other. “Large” itself is also fairly ambiguous.

You're obviously not a Gvg Player. An Arena was needed so you could fight Guilds which are not in your MU. Guild Hall is due to PvE scaling horrible. On raid days Monday Wednesday Thursday and Sunday OS is frequently used to fight Guilds in your MU. The existing spots on EOTM weren't that good due to either hills or canons firing when bugged. The new arena is due to its small size not suitable for GvGs and all we were asking is for a place big and flat enough for us to fight each other.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We'll have a larger version coming out in the nearish future.

Thanks for the fast response!

I repeat my request from the last thread: Can you please disable the cannons at Inferno Needle (Central spot of eotm)? They serve literally no purpose, are bugged (shooting at random teams, no matter who owns the tower, not possible to build them, can be build without supplies). This would allow us to do better GvGs there and even for non-gvglers it would make the center of the map a lot better, because there are already enough things that knockback or stun you in this central spot.

Just remove the script that powers them. Keep the assets, just delete the cannon script, no one cares.

> We'll have a larger version coming out in the nearish future.

Why make it so hard for yourself? You could've just made this one bigger and there wouldn't be any problem!? This is unbelievable. Am I dreaming?

You also promised that we'd get a larger guild hall arena. Never happened.

You have for the millionth time since 2012 managed to indirectly tell the GvG community (what's left of it) that you still don't give a s***.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> wow you guys are so butt hurt. its something at least and i'm sure they will make it larger. also you can build seige in it

That's the thing, there already was _something_

In fact several somethings.

In fact all the components wanted in a variety of somethings, just not together, Seems silly to try again and not have it done right.

Guys, Red vs Blue vs Green blob vs blob vs blob on the newly announced BLOB arena at 10th November 2018 primetime EU. Lets go. ;)

Nah jokes aside, could be interesting recruiting players from other servers with these kind of EotM events. Let stacked servers get even more stacked.

Or maybe just ignore the stacked servers and arrange them between us normal servers! DC ( deso community) vs OURS (Gandara community guild, i think?) vs FSPG (FSP community guild) would be funny tho lol.

> @"RandomNameDude.8263" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > We'll have a larger version coming out in the nearish future.

>

> Why make it so hard for yourself? You could've just made this one bigger and there wouldn't be any problem!? This is unbelievable. Am I dreaming?

>

> You also promised that we'd get a larger guild hall arena. Never happened.

>

> You have for the millionth time since 2012 managed to indirectly tell the GvG community (what's left of it) that you still don't give a s***.

They didn't actually say they'd be making this arena larger, they said they would have a larger version coming out. It's possible that this one will stay and that a still larger one will be added, and that maybe this one isn't intended for GvG in the first place.

Note: If people are seriously THIS angry maybe folks should take a step back and remember it's a game... put it down, go outside... It's not worth it.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"RandomNameDude.8263" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > We'll have a larger version coming out in the nearish future.

> >

> > Why make it so hard for yourself? You could've just made this one bigger and there wouldn't be any problem!? This is unbelievable. Am I dreaming?

> >

> > You also promised that we'd get a larger guild hall arena. Never happened.

> >

> > You have for the millionth time since 2012 managed to indirectly tell the GvG community (what's left of it) that you still don't give a s***.

>

> They didn't actually say they'd be making this arena larger, they said they would have a larger version coming out. It's possible that this one will stay and that a still larger one will be added, and that maybe this one isn't intended for GvG in the first place.

>

> Note: If people are seriously THIS angry maybe folks should take a step back and remember it's a game... put it down, go outside... It's not worth it.

I'm not angry, I'm just amazed. I don't even play GvG anymore but I still care about the community because I know how fun GvG could've been if Anet gave a tiny little d*mn.

Why did it need to be its own land mass the center of EotM is a great size and you can make more then one lair of it. All you have to do is remove the npc and traps and give a portal to the center. Do you think ppl still play EotM for balance ppt like game play lol.

• ArenaNet Staff

We're increasing the size of the Mists Arena rather than adding an additional one. For reference, I'm including some size numbers I received from the map artist.

Obsidian Santcum is about 3.6k x 3.6k

Current Mists Arena is approximately: 2.9k x 3.3k

The updated version will be about 3.5k x 4k.

> We're increasing the size of the Mists Arena rather than adding an additional one. For reference, I'm including some size numbers I received from the map artist.

>

> Obsidian Santcum is about 3.6k x 3.6k

> Current Mists Arena is approximately: 2.9k x 3.3k

> The updated version will be about 3.5k x 4k.

Its good to see the size being increased, but do these measurements use a different unit than in-game skills? While I can reproduce the size of the mist area the numbers for Obsidian Sanctum do not seem accurate. From side to side it appears to be closer to 4.5k range (edit: from east-west), also most fights there use North-South start positions, increasing the starting distance due to one team starting beyond the ring (Which makes 3.6k x 3.6k not really make much sense). The portions of the arena floor with uneven terrain such as the river but also the rocks on the sides are also an issue, I think most players interested in this would consider edges that require jumping as not being in the combat area.

All this said, 3.5k distance is probably enough if it can't be changed further, and I know a lot of players appreciate the work you're putting into this.