So what's the point of gambits?

> @"Spurnshadow.3678" said:

> There was a time when the point of a game was to have fun. Having increased challenges is more fun for some people than others, as those like to overcome increased challenges. Not everything has to have a reward attached to it to have a purpose.

Having some reason to continue to visit an event once you've completed it isn't a bad idea, though. I finished all of the Queen's Gauntlet bosses and achievements within a day of starting on them. The "challenge" was fun while it lasted, but clearly wasn't going to keep me busy for very long. At least it rewards festival tokens each day as I have plenty of skins to unlock. After that, I don't see myself spending any time at this.

> @"Spurnshadow.3678" said:

> There was a time when the point of a game was to have fun. Having increased challenges is more fun for some people than others, as those like to overcome increased challenges. Not everything has to have a reward attached to it to have a purpose.

The gauntlet used to actually be an amazing gold farm. I made hundreds of gold from taking 5+ gambits on tier three challenges. Really disappointing that there is no reward outside of AP this year.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

>

> Right? Gold rewards gives 10 champ bags according to the wiki. So ~2g for a gold run that takes 30 minutes? Why even bother

A gold run is 7 minutes. Anything longer will change the reward to silver. 7 minutes is over faster than you think. And it's a lot more encouraging to actually be able to see the bosses' health and CC bars diminish, instead of the slow crawl of a zerg kill.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

>

> >

> > Right? Gold rewards gives 10 champ bags according to the wiki. So ~2g for a gold run that takes 30 minutes? Why even bother

>

> A gold run is 7 minutes. Anything longer will change the reward to silver. 7 minutes is over faster than you think. And it's a lot more encouraging to actually be able to see the bosses' health and CC bars diminish, instead of the slow crawl of a zerg kill.

The issue is finding a map that can do a gold. Ive been on one map since it started that was organised properly and they could only manage silver. the sheer amount of people showing up for the event makes it just to painful to do.

For the challenge and/or achievements, though I strongly believe they should have removed the Ticket cost to apply Gambits since gold is no longer rewarded. It's pretty silly to spend 6 tickets per match for the 5+ Gambit achievement, and it actively discourages me from using gambits for the fun of it. Also +1 to creating private party instances.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> I'm pretty sure the Gauntlet is there exclusively for the achievement points and then you scram away from that place forever. Same for the Pavillion, I am under the impression farming SW to spend later at the Cliffs is much more profitable and even more enjoyable since Pavillion requires a minimum of DPS and CC that I have been seeing squads unable to reach (and it is _really_ a minimum).

Actually its better to have stockpiled beforehand but if you didn't this may help: