[Suggestion] Permanently remove visibility of League Badges

Badges have one purpose, showing off before other players.

But this is pointless because it showing off not player's skill, but luck. Rank highly depends on random, and random in GW2 is volatile like holy pizza in someone's pants.

PvP very rarely fill teams with players equal to each others, and the victory goes to a team, that have less amount of new players.

tl:dr - rank is random, badges not showing how player good.

sry, but nothing of this is true.

The only badge that has any bragging rights attached to it is the lengdary one.

Every other badge seriously has no value.

The skill difference between a plat 1 and a plat 3 player is so enormous, that the badge alone means absolutely nothing.

Wait, how is it luck based when the people that consistently play sPvP end up generally in the same rating and division season after season? If it was truly luck based wouldn’t they always have a different general rating and division every season? Or is this just another feel good thread for players that can’t place above certain ratings/division?

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> Wait, how is it luck based when the people that consistently play sPvP end up generally in the same rating and division season after season? If it was truly luck based wouldn’t they always have a different general rating and division every season? Or is this just another feel good thread for players that can’t place above certain ratings/division?

Are you check every player's username every season to make sure they in the same rating? Hardly to believe.

> @"SirTomato.3627" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > Wait, how is it luck based when the people that consistently play sPvP end up generally in the same rating and division season after season? If it was truly luck based wouldn’t they always have a different general rating and division every season? Or is this just another feel good thread for players that can’t place above certain ratings/division?

>

> Are you check every player's username every season to make sure they in the same rating? Hardly to believe.

No, you don’t have to check everyone’s ratings but based on the more prevalent names as seen on the leaders boards and certain players post/complain about their situation on the forums season after season, you see a lot of the same names generally at the same rating/division. This is even more obvious in the Plat+ divisions and leaderboards than anywhere else since people in the higher end of the leader board tend to look at the names and ratings quite a bit.

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> I've been legendary/plat since season 1 and haven't ended up silver/gold/ruby/bronze/sapphire/emerald even once, I should play the lottery.

If you are legend, "worst" you can get in your team is plat3 or plat2, which is less or more experienced players, that not die in 3 second after teamfight start.

If you are plat, and you always get equal of your skill teammates and enemy, you should play the lottery.

> > @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> > I've been legendary/plat since season 1 and haven't ended up silver/gold/ruby/bronze/sapphire/emerald even once, I should play the lottery.

>

> If you are legend, "worst" you can get in your team is plat3 or plat2, which is less or more experienced players, that not die in 3 second after teamfight start.

>

> If you are plat, and you always get equal of your skill teammates and enemy, you should play the lottery.

>

You would think that wouldn't ya. Remember that the longer it takes to queue up, the more likely you get people in a lower rank than you. If you're the only 1600+ player queued up at 3am, well, you can see where this is going.

Yes its pure luck...but only if you dont know the secret. A bronze player and a plat 3 player are more or less the same skill. The only difference really is your IP address.

You see, contrary to popular belief, in gw2 spvp, your IP address is very much like a lottery ticket. The secret is to sum all of the numbers in your IP address (except the 1st and the last number, those don't matter) and divide by 666. If your number comes out to an even number, and its a mon, wed or fri, you will win most of your games. If the number comes out to an odd number, its a tuesday, thurs, sat or sun, then you will win most of your games.

Always so surprised how dumb most people are to not know this yet. Its not rocket science. Gzus

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> Yes its pure luck...but only if you dont know the secret. A bronze player and a plat 3 player are more or less the same skill. The only difference really is your IP address.

>

> You see, contrary to popular belief, in gw2 spvp, your IP address is very much like a lottery ticket. The secret is to sum all of the numbers in your IP address (except the 1st and the last number, those don't matter) and divide by 666. If your number comes out to an even number, and its a mon, wed or fri, you will win most of your games. If the number comes out to an odd number, its a tuesday, thurs, sat or sun, then you will win most of your games.

>

> Always so surprised how dumb most people are to not know this yet. Its not rocket science. Gzus

I was so ready to get my tinfoil hat after that first paragraph.

10/10 post anyway.

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> Yes its pure luck...but only if you dont know the secret. A bronze player and a plat 3 player are more or less the same skill. The only difference really is your IP address.

>

> You see, contrary to popular belief, in gw2 spvp, your IP address is very much like a lottery ticket. The secret is to sum all of the numbers in your IP address (except the 1st and the last number, those don't matter) and divide by 666. If your number comes out to an even number, and its a mon, wed or fri, you will win most of your games. If the number comes out to an odd number, its a tuesday, thurs, sat or sun, then you will win most of your games.

>

> Always so surprised how dumb most people are to not know this yet. Its not rocket science. Gzus

You failed your attempt to being funny.

I don't mind badges... I still use the free for all arena and it's the same story everytime...

The Platinum guy will bomb the silver badge, get rekt because he thought he was about to get an easy kill then port out... badges are good baits to those players, especially if you're unranked.

Badges are lies forced on us by the government to distract us from the truth! Not only are they based on luck, they also affect your social life, your diatery choices, and they actively shape your future to fit the needs of those evil globalists! Wake up sheeple! Open your eyes to the truth that is lies! The earth is hollow AND flat!

The matchmaking algorythm is public by the way, and probability theory is part of public education as far as I know. Little sample size (like 10 matches) allows luck to be a factor. In larger sample sizes these lucky/unlucky matches are getting lost in averages. Looking at someone in high plat/legend with 200+ games, and telling them they got lucky just puts you at odds with math.

What is this thread? Why would you even post this?

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> sry, but nothing of this is true.

> The only badge that has any bragging rights attached to it is the lengdary one.

> Every other badge seriously has no value.

> The skill difference between a plat 1 and a plat 3 player is so enormous, that the badge alone means absolutely nothing.

Hah, you think Legendary means anything? Ask me anyone who hasn't achieved God of PvP consistently for at least 10 seasons in a row doesn't have anything to show and should probably quit the game. Hell they should probably even question if they have any worth as human beings at all.

Hyperbolic statements are fun.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> The matchmaking algorythm is public by the way, and probability theory is part of public education as far as I know. Little sample size (like 10 matches) allows luck to be a factor. In larger sample sizes these lucky/unlucky matches are getting lost in averages. Looking at someone in high plat/legend with 200+ games, and telling them they got lucky just puts you at odds with math.

>

> What is this thread? Why would you even post this?

You must be very happy person, if you believe in this "algorithm" in 2k18

Let's roleplay. You are an employer with a big company that make high-quality production. The key of high-quality merchandise is competent employees.

You decided to try an computer automatical system of employee recruitment. Now imagine, what kind of employee you will get by using such system.

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > The matchmaking algorythm is public by the way, and probability theory is part of public education as far as I know. Little sample size (like 10 matches) allows luck to be a factor. In larger sample sizes these lucky/unlucky matches are getting lost in averages. Looking at someone in high plat/legend with 200+ games, and telling them they got lucky just puts you at odds with math.

> >

> > What is this thread? Why would you even post this?

>

> You must be very happy person, if you believe in this "algorithm" in 2k18

>

> Let's roleplay. You are an employer with a big company that make high-quality production. The key of high-quality merchandise is competent employees.

>

> You decided to try an computer automatical system of employee recruitment. Now imagine, what kind of employee you will get by using such system.

That ........

depends entirely on your parameter setup.

What kind of parable is this?

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > The matchmaking algorythm is public by the way, and probability theory is part of public education as far as I know. Little sample size (like 10 matches) allows luck to be a factor. In larger sample sizes these lucky/unlucky matches are getting lost in averages. Looking at someone in high plat/legend with 200+ games, and telling them they got lucky just puts you at odds with math.

> >

> > What is this thread? Why would you even post this?

>

>

> (...)

Yeah, the guys at the top paid Anet money to let them stay up there! That's the reason they lie to us!

And the earth is flat!

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> That ........

> depends entirely on your parameter setup.

Wrong.

As example, let's say your demanded parameters is "be adequate" "not rapist". The next day you will see, that your enterprise full of rapists and not adequate persons.

Computer does not have power over human factor.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4vPCY11eM

You are linked video about League of Legends, but we talking about Guild wars 2. What your point?

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> Yeah, the guys at the top paid Anet money to let them stay up there! That's the reason they lie to us!

>

> And the earth is flat!

I see there are a tendency to talk only about **top players**

What you are considered top?

Donald Trump is president of USA. He is top. He don't have any problems. Does this mean that the rest of the population don't have any problems too?

>

> Let's roleplay. You are an employer with a big company that make high-quality production. The key of high-quality merchandise is competent employees.

>

> You decided to try an computer automatical system of employee recruitment. Now imagine, what kind of employee you will get by using such system.

You didn't even try to understand what point I was making about math. Also that roleplay has nothing to do with your original point, and as it was pointed out to you, could work flawlessly with the right selection method&parameters. You gave an example how to do it badly, but that doesn't change the fact that its possible to make proper selection with the right calibration.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm - It's not magic. The good thing about math is: your belief is irrelevant. It just works, no matter how many quotation marks you put around the word algorithm.

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > youtube.com/watch?v=AJ4vPCY11eM

>

> You are linked video about League of Legends, but we talking about Guild wars 2. What your point?

>

The point this video makes applies to any game with this type of matchmaking. When you have to play dumb to avoid adressing the argument, maybe just stop?

We bring up top players, because thats the easiest way to prove you wrong without bringing up math. Every season the same good players take the top spots, even after a hard reset. If it was luck based, we should be seeing all kind of unknown names every season. But we dont! (Even the few new names I notice mostly turn out to be smurfs)

If good players have consistent luck, thats not luck anymore.

Your badge is your fault, and somewhere behind all those irrationality you know that, thats why you want A-net to hide them. It annoys you to see better players running around with badges you can't have.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

>The point this video makes applies to any game with this type of matchmaking. When you have to play dumb to avoid adressing the argument, maybe just stop?

League of Legend have possibility of making 5 man premades. GW2 don't have possibility of making premades. Got that?

It's easy just throwing video. What will happened if we all start to speak with each other by someone's videos?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

You said it works. Prove it.

All games i played was full random, with mixed divisions. Some players are definitely just started their route in league. We are playing different games?

> Every season the same good players take the top spots, even after a hard reset.

Survivorship bias. There are alot of very good players, some of them streaming frequently. Some of them play not worse than legendary ones, but for some reason they are plat2, or plat3 max.

> Your badge is your fault, and somewhere behind all those irrationality you know that, thats why you want A-net to hide them. It annoys you to see better players running around with badges you can't have.

That sentence is already prove that you not read post, or too lazy to understand point. You just see what you want to see.

Because I Never talkig or whining about my badge. Better badge than i currently have is legendary, which i don't need, because i don't use it.

Just say that you don't want this change because without your shiny platinum(or even legendary) badge you would feel yourself small, isn't it?