New player with questions about some settings

1) Is there a way to only show names of interactive NPC's (such as merchants, bankers, etc.)? Currently, with NPC names on, it shows names of every NPC, even NPC's that have no real interaction.

2) Is there a way to have multiple chat windows open at the same time? I know I can have multiple tabs, but I can only view one tab at a time.

Thanks in advance.

1. Unfortunately the game doesn't separate merchants to other npc's, so it's either all or nothing.

2. The UI is created in a way that only allows 1 chat window, as all elements have it's own "boxed" place on screen. Tabs though are customizeable and if I remember correctly you can cycle them with a keypress, so you might want to get used to them.

You can't have more than one chat tab open, but you can have multiple channels shown in the same tab, so you can put all the channels you want to watch into one tab. It does mean messages will be jumbled together, but I don't find it hard to follow a conversation because the colours make it clear which is which.

My set-up is a main tab with everything except combat info and emotes, then a 'group' tab with Say, Party, Squad, Team and Whisper (usually only 1 or 2 are active at once, it just means I switch to the same tab for any kind of group content instead of trying to remember/guess which channels will be in use), then a guild tab for just my active guild for when there's a really interesting conversation I want to follow without interruptions.