Next weapon for upcoming elite spec.

SomeGinger.5697

My dream scenario would be Focus as a punching/fist weapon (look up the Privateer Focus skin) but I don’t think Anet would be willing to put the time and effort required - such as making it main hand-able and giving it auto-attack animations and stuff.

The perfect scenario would be the introduction of spear as a new weapon. And it could also serve for rangers nd guardians which are dealing with the same issue.

If it doesn't happen, I think staff. We haven't received a two-handed weapon yet. There could be shortbow but i don't see how it would be any different from longbow or rangers bow. They'de better buff rifle properly...

Pistols would be nice but they won't go well with warriors' other weapon. Thiefs can mix pistols and melee weapon cause they have shadowstep but for us it doesn't make much sens from a gameplay point of view.

Focus could happen if we have a nice magical spec, but I would be disappointed with just a off-hand weapon.

In brief, staff most likely.

and PLEASE... do not even start to talk about one-handed greatswords...will make me rant

I'd actually be happy for them to revisit old weapons and have them used in a new style, like using a single 1H Sword (which are a condi/hybrid weapon set currently) with no offhand as a Cantha inspired Samurai sword style, or reinventing Greatsword to a charge based skillset which lets you hold down skills to imbue them with Ley energy or something and release for a heavy, flashy AoE attack that scales with how long you charged for.

There's a lot they can do without having to create new weapons, skins, models etc. and without shoehorning things like Focus or Pistols that don't really fit a Warrior as well.

> @"Phantom.7903" said:

> I'd actually be happy for them to revisit old weapons and have them used in a new style, like using a single 1H Sword (which are a condi/hybrid weapon set currently) with no offhand as a Cantha inspired Samurai sword style, or reinventing Greatsword to a charge based skillset which lets you hold down skills to imbue them with Ley energy or something and release for a heavy, flashy AoE attack that scales with how long you charged for.

>

> There's a lot they can do without having to create new weapons, skins, models etc. and without shoehorning things like Focus or Pistols that don't really fit a Warrior as well.

Redesigning existing ones would be nice also

I don't think they gonna change the weapon skills of a weapon when you take the spec. We are supposed to keep what we already have.

However, it's actually possible that, when you have a sword equipped, with nothing in off-hand, you gain five new different skills and a different burst. That would be quite cool. This way, we would have the longsword thematic. Weapon bonus stats would be doubled to make it balanced. I'm for it personnaly.

Or, following the same idea, with a sword, axe, or mace in main hand in nothing in off-hand, we would have bonus stats doubled, a 4-skill depending on the weapon and a 5-skill fixed. For a spec specialized in one-handed combat and grappling?

OR...without changin skills, adding effects based on spec would be nice too. But I think it would come as an addition to the new weapon rather than the replacement.

btw, there are no samuraï in Cantha, thoug i'd be glad to have an inspired spec, with spear or shortbow of course.

Spear+off hand, somehting like a pit fighter/gladiator

2+1 access to weapon swap, damage and damage reducing towards stamina bar, with adrenaline micro management has energy to boost skills effects/duration.

Evasion and counter based class with lower mobility, blocks would provide better stamina recovery, dodge would provide 1 sec of evade after dodge.

Using shield while adrenaline at max would make skill last longer, and removing a condi per sec.

Using Shield bash with max adrenaline, if target blocks, target is KB, and ends target stance.

> @"Lametoile.7394" said:

> The perfect scenario would be the introduction of spear as a new weapon. And it could also serve for rangers nd guardians which are dealing with the same issue.

>

> If it doesn't happen, I think staff. We haven't received a two-handed weapon yet. There could be shortbow but i don't see how it would be any different from longbow or rangers bow. They'de better buff rifle properly...

>

> Pistols would be nice but they won't go well with warriors' other weapon. Thiefs can mix pistols and melee weapon cause they have shadowstep but for us it doesn't make much sens from a gameplay point of view.

>

> Focus could happen if we have a nice magical spec, but I would be disappointed with just a off-hand weapon.

>

> In brief, staff most likely.

>

> and PLEASE... do not even start to talk about one-handed greatswords...will make me rant

What about dual pistols? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it matching the other weapons in terms of making use of both main and off hand positions.

> @"Phantom.7903" said:

> I'd actually be happy for them to revisit old weapons and have them used in a new style, like using a single 1H Sword (which are a condi/hybrid weapon set currently) with no offhand as a Cantha inspired Samurai sword style, or reinventing Greatsword to a charge based skillset which lets you hold down skills to imbue them with Ley energy or something and release for a heavy, flashy AoE attack that scales with how long you charged for.

>

> There's a lot they can do without having to create new weapons, skins, models etc. and without shoehorning things like Focus or Pistols that don't really fit a Warrior as well.

I think it would be awesome if an Elite allowed you to use an old weapon in a new way.

> @"Lametoile.7394" said:

> The perfect scenario would be the introduction of spear as a new weapon. And it could also serve for rangers nd guardians which are dealing with the same issue.

>

> If it doesn't happen, I think staff. We haven't received a two-handed weapon yet. There could be shortbow but i don't see how it would be any different from longbow or rangers bow. They'de better buff rifle properly...

>

> Pistols would be nice but they won't go well with warriors' other weapon. Thiefs can mix pistols and melee weapon cause they have shadowstep but for us it doesn't make much sens from a gameplay point of view.

>

> Focus could happen if we have a nice magical spec, but I would be disappointed with just a off-hand weapon.

>

> In brief, staff most likely.

>

> and PLEASE... do not even start to talk about one-handed greatswords...will make me rant

make pistols shotgun like so they are midrangy stuff, using them when your target want to run away or something like that, a sawed off shotgun skin would be fun

I like to imagine some specializations whem i have a free time. The idea of getting dual focus is a nice one, i haved imagine this like a caracter from a old game that i used to play, Jin from Grand Chase,he used Vjaras (like a spiritual focus) to enhanced his chi skills, and chi skills will be a good way to uses adrenaline.

In short will be

Weapon: dual focus, a option to generate adrenaline throught a meditation, Consecrations (of the body health) skills will be nice

Adrenaline: Will give chi skills, could be a little hadouken(don't judge me), a evasion that cost adrenaline to use (like a adrenaline reflex), may be a super punch or a kick to cc effect,etc..

I think de problem for the specialization will be a role to fit.

For references:

Grand chase Jin:

Jin GC Wiki: http://grandchase.wikia.com/wiki/Rama