The boat ride in Labyrinthine Cliffs

I loved this. Landed on it right at the end with the skimmer..and stuck around for most of the next ride..But then then an even started..and well. ^^'

But its such a neat addition.

And no it doesn't need AP or a title.. It's just something relaxing to enjoy the scenery. :)

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Sure, with all the monsters and other hostile creatures roaming the shores and waters, I can imagine how that makes for a "chilling" boat tour. ;)

>

> And if they add some creepy music we can all recreate [everyone's favorite boat ride scene](

"https://youtube.com/watch?v=s62msrPjSVY").

LOL, perfect! ;)

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"DarkNighT.7319" said:

> > > This boat ride really needs to be implemented in other areas with lots of water, think of it, people just chilling, sitting and its a great way to appreciate the game and surroundings

> >

> > Sure, with all the monsters and other hostile creatures roaming the shores and waters, I can imagine how that makes for a "chilling" boat tour. ;)

>

> And if they add some creepy music we can all recreate [everyone's favorite boat ride scene](

"https://youtube.com/watch?v=s62msrPjSVY").

I'd be more inclined to lean toward comedic over creepy:

The six seats and standing "captain" position in the middle even lines up with the number of characters.

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"sakura.7961" said:

> > How do you join?

>

> If you look at the map, there's a little red boat next to a dock on one of the islands. That's where the ride starts, but the boat isn't always there. If it isn't, take a skimmer out onto the water around the little islands, then dismount when you find it and sit in one of the chairs. Kick back and enjoy the scenery :)

Thank you, it was very nice!

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > Thanks a lot for the information!

> > > With impending doom averted once again, I will definitely take my time to discover Labyrinthine Cliffs ;)

> >

> > I hope you liked the ride :)

> >

> > > Can we please have this in Lions Arch!!

> >

> > Yes please! I'd probably never leave =)

>

> I started to do the ride, but then the skimmer slalom started and I noticed tons of Sky Crystals so that at some point, I simply felt like my attention was anywhere but on the boat ride... thus, I shall repeat it this evening, after I completed Aspect and Master Aspect gatherer. I really like Labyrinthine Cliffs this far. Looks amazing, nice touch that you have to puzzle your way up to the top and overall a very beautiful map. Don't you hide it from us again, ANet :p

I've been playing "chase the quaggan," schooling with the salmon, and touring the kelp beds lately ;) I'm about 3/4 of the way through the basic crystals, but as much as I've been falling and dying tonight, I think that's about as far as I'm going to get =) I love the cliffs! They're so relaxing.

> @"sakura.7961" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"sakura.7961" said:

> > > How do you join?

> >

> > If you look at the map, there's a little red boat next to a dock on one of the islands. That's where the ride starts, but the boat isn't always there. If it isn't, take a skimmer out onto the water around the little islands, then dismount when you find it and sit in one of the chairs. Kick back and enjoy the scenery :)

>

> Thank you, it was very nice!

>

Yay, I'm glad you liked it!

> @"Liewec.2896" said:

> that used to one of my favourite things in WoW, instead of waypoints you actually had to travel, and there were boats, zepplins and things

> which you'd jump on and enjoy the view on your way :-3

I wouldn't enjoy it, if it was something you *had* to do. That would actually complete spoil it for me. It's relaxing because you can choose to do it..just to relax.

> @"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > I really like this feature here and in Sanswept. It's a fun thing to do while doing something else and I guess it's gooood for the RP community...if those guys/gals are still around...

>

>

> We're still here! Ideas like this boat ride are *amazing* for the RP community. In fact, my Guild actually had an RP where our character went out... and rode the boat. While ICly playing "Cards against Tyrians" with our custom CAH deck. It was fun, and required almost no effort on our part.

>

>

I'd like to add that the Changing Room near the fishing spot is a neat addition for us as well. No automated change to 'swimwear' like the Southsun beach bar. Full armour? Yes. Swimwear? Yes. Combat tonics? Also yes.

> @"Rinn.2375" said:

> They could create a charriot "bus", a flying carpet or something like that too if there are no water enough.

A little flying tour of LA or a patrol of the harbour (I wonder if they could make it a proper tour and have dialogue trigger at points around the water).

> @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > @"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > I really like this feature here and in Sanswept. It's a fun thing to do while doing something else and I guess it's gooood for the RP community...if those guys/gals are still around...

> >

> >

> > We're still here! Ideas like this boat ride are *amazing* for the RP community. In fact, my Guild actually had an RP where our character went out... and rode the boat. While ICly playing "Cards against Tyrians" with our custom CAH deck. It was fun, and required almost no effort on our part.

> >

> >

>

> I'd like to add that the Changing Room near the fishing spot is a neat addition for us as well. No automated change to 'swimwear' like the Southsun beach bar. Full armour? Yes. Swimwear? Yes. Combat tonics? Also yes.

>

> > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > They could create a charriot "bus", a flying carpet or something like that too if there are no water enough.

>

> A little flying tour of LA or a patrol of the harbour (I wonder if they could make it a proper tour and have dialogue trigger at points around the water).

They can make that as there is already NPC tourguides going through LA, they could easily do the same here with a boat.

> @"DarkNighT.7319" said:

> > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > > @"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:

> > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > I really like this feature here and in Sanswept. It's a fun thing to do while doing something else and I guess it's gooood for the RP community...if those guys/gals are still around...

> > >

> > >

> > > We're still here! Ideas like this boat ride are *amazing* for the RP community. In fact, my Guild actually had an RP where our character went out... and rode the boat. While ICly playing "Cards against Tyrians" with our custom CAH deck. It was fun, and required almost no effort on our part.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I'd like to add that the Changing Room near the fishing spot is a neat addition for us as well. No automated change to 'swimwear' like the Southsun beach bar. Full armour? Yes. Swimwear? Yes. Combat tonics? Also yes.

> >

> > > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > > They could create a charriot "bus", a flying carpet or something like that too if there are no water enough.

> >

> > A little flying tour of LA or a patrol of the harbour (I wonder if they could make it a proper tour and have dialogue trigger at points around the water).

>

> They can make that as there is already NPC tourguides going through LA, they could easily do the same here with a boat.

And this time they might want to avoid hiring someone disgruntled. ^^

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"DarkNighT.7319" said:

> > > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > > > @"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:

> > > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > I really like this feature here and in Sanswept. It's a fun thing to do while doing something else and I guess it's gooood for the RP community...if those guys/gals are still around...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > We're still here! Ideas like this boat ride are *amazing* for the RP community. In fact, my Guild actually had an RP where our character went out... and rode the boat. While ICly playing "Cards against Tyrians" with our custom CAH deck. It was fun, and required almost no effort on our part.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'd like to add that the Changing Room near the fishing spot is a neat addition for us as well. No automated change to 'swimwear' like the Southsun beach bar. Full armour? Yes. Swimwear? Yes. Combat tonics? Also yes.

> > >

> > > > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > > > They could create a charriot "bus", a flying carpet or something like that too if there are no water enough.

> > >

> > > A little flying tour of LA or a patrol of the harbour (I wonder if they could make it a proper tour and have dialogue trigger at points around the water).

> >

> > They can make that as there is already NPC tourguides going through LA, they could easily do the same here with a boat.

>

> And this time they might want to avoid hiring someone disgruntled. ^^

That tour guide is pretty snarky, I agree. She makes me smile, though, every time I hear some of her lines. :)

As to the boat ride, I took it for the first time last night, and I positively LOVE it. What a great concept! We had a full boat, even had an asura change into a quaggan to serve as masthead for the boat. Everyone had a great time. If you haven't taken the opportunity, I encourage you to give the boat ride a try!

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > > > > @"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:

> > > > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > > I really like this feature here and in Sanswept. It's a fun thing to do while doing something else and I guess it's gooood for the RP community...if those guys/gals are still around...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > We're still here! Ideas like this boat ride are *amazing* for the RP community. In fact, my Guild actually had an RP where our character went out... and rode the boat. While ICly playing "Cards against Tyrians" with our custom CAH deck. It was fun, and required almost no effort on our part.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'd like to add that the Changing Room near the fishing spot is a neat addition for us as well. No automated change to 'swimwear' like the Southsun beach bar. Full armour? Yes. Swimwear? Yes. Combat tonics? Also yes.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > > > > They could create a charriot "bus", a flying carpet or something like that too if there are no water enough.

> > > >

> > > > A little flying tour of LA or a patrol of the harbour (I wonder if they could make it a proper tour and have dialogue trigger at points around the water).

> > >

> > > They can make that as there is already NPC tourguides going through LA, they could easily do the same here with a boat.

> >

> > And this time they might want to avoid hiring someone disgruntled. ^^

>

> That tour guide is pretty snarky, I agree. She makes me smile, though, every time I hear some of her lines. :)

>

> As to the boat ride, I took it for the first time last night, and I positively LOVE it. What a great concept! We had a full boat, even had an asura change into a quaggan to serve as masthead for the boat. Everyone had a great time. If you haven't taken the opportunity, I encourage you to give the boat ride a try!

I took the ride over the weekend - it was a nice bit of flavor to have added to the game!

Would have been nice if it was a narrated tour like the one in Lion's Arch, but I understand the writing and voice acting would have been expensive. Either way, hats off to whomever put this little cherry in the game.

I just spotted your post after making one of my own... they added a stoopid dancing choya at the bow of the ship. Get him out of the way, ANet! That's MY spot for serenading passengers. He also gets in the way of using the Aviator's Memory Box to recreate the Titanic scene.

I wish we had year-round access to the Labyrinthine Cliffs just for the boat.

> @"Hamfast.8719" said:

> I just spotted your post after making one of my own... they added a stoopid dancing choya at the bow of the ship. Get him out of the way, ANet! That's MY spot for serenading passengers. He also gets in the way of using the Aviator's Memory Box to recreate the Titanic scene.

>

> I wish we had year-round access to the Labyrinthine Cliffs just for the boat.

Not just for the boat, but the place overall is awesome!

I wouldn't mind being able to go there year round even if it's mostly deserted.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > > > > @"Sapphire Artemis.3062" said:

> > > > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > > > > I really like this feature here and in Sanswept. It's a fun thing to do while doing something else and I guess it's gooood for the RP community...if those guys/gals are still around...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > We're still here! Ideas like this boat ride are *amazing* for the RP community. In fact, my Guild actually had an RP where our character went out... and rode the boat. While ICly playing "Cards against Tyrians" with our custom CAH deck. It was fun, and required almost no effort on our part.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'd like to add that the Changing Room near the fishing spot is a neat addition for us as well. No automated change to 'swimwear' like the Southsun beach bar. Full armour? Yes. Swimwear? Yes. Combat tonics? Also yes.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Rinn.2375" said:

> > > > > They could create a charriot "bus", a flying carpet or something like that too if there are no water enough.

> > > >

> > > > A little flying tour of LA or a patrol of the harbour (I wonder if they could make it a proper tour and have dialogue trigger at points around the water).

> > >

> > > They can make that as there is already NPC tourguides going through LA, they could easily do the same here with a boat.

> >

> > And this time they might want to avoid hiring someone disgruntled. ^^

>

> That tour guide is pretty snarky, I agree. She makes me smile, though, every time I hear some of her lines. :)

>

> As to the boat ride, I took it for the first time last night, and I positively LOVE it. What a great concept! We had a full boat, even had an asura change into a quaggan to serve as masthead for the boat. Everyone had a great time. If you haven't taken the opportunity, I encourage you to give the boat ride a try!

I've been on there chilling with friends almost every night, its our go to attraction to have a chat and see the scenery.