No downed state bug?

Oogabooga.3812

This has happened to me a few times since the no downed state week: I've been dead immediately with no thieves around. A tower champ has done this to me. I was even dueling a Mesmer in EBG and the first time he downed me, I had so little health that I died without being able to even try to rez (he was confused and apologetic too). I checked my logs the first time it happened (didn't screenshot it because didn't think to) and it said the last thing that happened was me hitting enemies; nothing about taking any damage, physical or condi, no absorbing anything. Anybody else encountering this?

i sometimes kill people with downstate penalty, but your examples do not really sound like that. like pretty long time ago when servers did lag we once had a full zerg die to delayed fall damage that did add up during a longer fight, not sure if something like that is still possible. i still sometimes get hit by opponents that are long gone, like one random hit while walking, if you get something like this with just fall damage that would instant kill you no downedstate. sadly there is no fall damage in the log.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> This has happened to me a few times since the no downed state week: I've been dead immediately with no thieves around. A tower champ has done this to me. I was even dueling a Mesmer in EBG and the first time he downed me, I had so little health that I died without being able to even try to rez (he was confused and apologetic too). I checked my logs the first time it happened (didn't screenshot it because didn't think to) and it said the last thing that happened was me hitting enemies; nothing about taking any damage, physical or condi, no absorbing anything. Anybody else encountering this?

It's because you aggro'd the dang quartermaster.

I told you to stop that dammit.

> @"Artaz.3819" said:

> Are you jumping on a brand new toon (less than level 5) that doesn't have down state?

is this a thing is it?

Ive seen what OP is talking about but ive never been on the recieving end of it and each time it happens I just think that they had 0 armor or were downed a lot before I showed up for a gank

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Artaz.3819" said:

> > Are you jumping on a brand new toon (less than level 5) that doesn't have down state?

>

> is this a thing is it?

>

> Ive seen what OP is talking about but ive never been on the recieving end of it and each time it happens I just think that they had 0 armor or were downed a lot before I showed up for a gank

Downed State is granted starting at level 5 as part of the "new" leveling experience implemented several years ago. Just few ever notice it because easy level 80 boosting or the fact nobody dies before level 5.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> No, no low levels. If it happens again, I'll have to screenshot it. My computer isn't strong enough to record video and play at the same time.

This has happened to me in the past but it is directly related to being punted off/pulled off a high terrain object (wall) and the ground killing my toon. If the ground does the "final blow" you are dead and don't get a downed state.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Artaz.3819" said:

> > Are you jumping on a brand new toon (less than level 5) that doesn't have down state?

>

> is this a thing is it?

>

> Ive seen what OP is talking about but ive never been on the recieving end of it and each time it happens I just think that they had 0 armor or were downed a lot before I showed up for a gank

lol yea this is definately a thing, on eotm it happened quite often that ive smacked them down with no downstate because they went into there to level up